Post by Naomi Mizuno »

Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Naomi Mizuno
Your Phone Number: 292-1448
Your Position in Your Agency: Prospective Freelancer
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email ((and/or Iriael#7569))
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 14/MAR/2022 01:23 AM (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Earlier today, (around 00:30) there was a scene outside Tinsel Towers of which there was a massive combined police presence. I asked Chief Bacon for comment about what was obtained, but he told me he was unable to give one at the time. I am looking to make a portfolio to re-apply to Weazel News as a freelance writer, and would love any concrete details the department would be willing to give about the apartment raid. I complied with all orders given to me on scene to obtain my footage, and would like to be able to report concrete details with it, rather than speculation. Thank you for your time!
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Request for Information [Public Inquiry]

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Mizuno,

I hope you are doing well first and foremost. I will reach out to Deputy Chief Jay Bacon and others to see what information I can gather for you about the incident. Please give me up to 72 hours to gather the information and get back to you with any further details. I will leave this post open in the meantime, please feel free to ask any further questions that may come to mind. Thank you very much for reaching out to us and we will be back in touch shortly!

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III+1 Alex Schill
    Assistant Commanding Officer
    Media Relations Division
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Request for Information [Public Inquiry]

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Ms. Mizuno,

As per your request for public information, I talked with Deputy Chief Jay Bacon and am releasing the following statement regarding the incident mentioned at Tinsel Towers:

Around the time in question the Los Santos Police Department received a call from a citizen that there had been an explosion at Tinsel Towers. Members of the Metropolitan Division and Detective Bureau were promptly dispatched to the scene along with the LSEMS Fire Services. The Sheriff's Department Special Enforcement Detail was called in to provide additional scene support as there were a lot of people gathered outside the apartment complex.

Upon entry into an apartment the Fire Department notified the teams of harmful chemicals present caused by the improper manufacturing of narcotics. The fires present were extinguished and dangerous fumes cleared for everyone’s safety. One person was located inside the property, regrettably, he was deceased on arrival. It was later confirmed that the person had in fact been involved in attempting to manufacture narcotics in the apartment. All illegal contraband was confiscated, logged and later slated for destruction in accordance with departmental policies pertaining to the seizure of such contraband.

During the incident multiple people continuously harassed officers on scene attempting to disrupt the police in their tasks. Two people disrupting the scene caused officers to apprehend the said perpetrators in their vehicle. The occupants, later confirmed as gang affiliated, received multiple charges for their actions and were taken to the Department of Corrections, with illegal firearms being seized during this incident.

After talking to Deputy Chief Jay Bacon, he reiterated the importance and consequences of disrupting active police scenes:
    ”Deputy Chief Jay Bacon” wrote: We do not tolerate harassment of officers on scene, those found to be disrupting police operations, investigations, or duties of an officer will be met with appropriate charges in accordance with the penal code.
    Thank you for your inquiry. I will leave this thread open for 24 hours for any follow-up questions or responses.

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III+1 Alex Schill
    Assistant Commanding Officer
    Media Relations Division
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”