[San Andreas Judicial Branch] February Newsletter

Post by Colt Daniels »

www.sajb.sagov.us
San Andreas Judicial Branch

Month of February Newsletter
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

Opening Statement

• Colt Daniels
    February has been yet again another successful month for the San Andreas Judicial Branch. During the month we have been recruiting law students from all walks of life to join our team so long they have a clean record and good attitude. We plan to continue this recruitment drive into the month of March with a job fair in the front lawn of City Hall coming soon.

In the month of February we had three Law Students become Attorneys at Law, and two civilians join our team, both of which have prior service working in a government agency. The biggest goal of the San Andreas Judicial Branch at this time is to grow the branch. We stress that anyone interested in joining us, come to the courthouse and speak with a member of our team to answer any questions you might have. As our Judicial Branch Recruitment Commercial that launched earlier this month states, "In the Judicial Branch, we have great pay, room to progress quickly, and the freedom to express ourselves through our own choice of professional business attire. So come join us and start your career today with the San Andreas Judicial Branch."

During the month of February the Judicial Branch celebrated one year since its launch on the 14th. As we push into our second year as an active branch the passion our employees have and our team as a whole will only grow. We as a branch have the power to change the city in ways no other agency can, and we look forward to making those changes, one case at a time.

Judicial Spotlight

• Hugh R. Allgood
    Hello. My name is Hugh R. Allgood. I was born here in the beautiful state of San Andreas, and whisked away to the great state of Texas as a child, where I was raised. I attribute my time in Texas for helping develop my love for this country, and consider myself a true patriot; one who believes strongly in fairness and justice. My father was also an attorney, eventually being appointed as an Appellant Judge, and I grew up watching (and even arguing) with my father on cases he was involved in. This combined with my strong sense of unity and patriotism, led me to aspire to attend law school after high school. I graduated from State of Liberty University School of Law with a Juris Doctorate degree, and established my foundation in Liberty City where I worked a short time on the prosecution side, and eventually on the defense side. One night, I decided to return back to my roots, and came back to Los Santos where I easily passed the BAR examination a second time, and obtained employment here at the judicial branch.

I am currently a Senior Attorney in the branch, and most recently was assigned to the district responsible for representing the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Prior to this latest assignment, I was a 'free-agent' if you will, and represented whomever needed to be represented. As such, I have been able to represent criminal defendants in their appeals, as well as local law enforcement in defending charges in appeals. I love representing my clients, regardless of who my clients are, and will not stop short in this regard. I look forward to working closely with the Sheriff's Department in maintaining justice within the State of San Andreas, but also look forward to working with other attorneys in the branch as they work to do the same. A fair and just system is one of the most important civic values, and should not be abridged.

Concluded Cases
  • John Corne v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    • Dismissed
    Brian McFarland v. Los Santos Police Department
    • Dismissed
    Lucifer Migati v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    • Found Guilty of VF01 - Felony Evading
Activated Cases
  • Alex Mathers v. Los Santos Police Department
  • Johnathan McStone v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
  • William Taylor v. Los Santos Police Department
  • John Corne v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
  • Paige Dredd v. Los Santos Police Department
  • Jack Okimoto v. Los Santos Police Department
  • Peter King v. Los Santos Police Department
Judicial Branch Promotions
  • Law StudentAttorney at Law
    • Dakota Macaw
    • Darcy Lafleur
    • Caroline Johnson
    CivilianLaw Student
    • Yuki Nakamura
    • Jimmy Hammels

Story of the Month
  • The San Andreas Judicial Branch doesn't just deal with citizens wishing to fight their criminal charges, we also handle civil matters, some of those being; Marriage Licensing, Contract Authenticity, and soon we will have Restraining Orders. Restraining Orders are a subject we have full taken over from the Los Santos Police Department, soon both private citizens as well as businesses operating within the state will have the option to file a restraining order bound by the court restricting a person or persons from contacting, and coming in contract with a person or business, as well as property of both entities.

All restraining orders filed will need to be signed by a Judge appointed by the courts and sent to the party that filed the order, the party the order is against, as well as both Law Enforcement agencies operating within the state so they can uphold the order. Safety and Justice are our biggest priorities and we believe the addition of Restraining Orders will add a level of safety for the citizens and businesses of San Andreas.

Closing Statement
  • As stated in the previous months newsletter, the Judicial Branch is still in its infancy stage. The members we have work diligently to maintain justice within the city and we continue to develop the branch in new ways daily. Every month the Judicial Branch goes through major changes that we truly believe will help the state and the citizens who live in it. We will continue to grow, we will continue to develop, and we will continue to explore new ways to assist our community.

If you have ever considered a legal career, explore the Judicial Branch as a possibility, we have many positions available, most of them being attorneys, however we do have positions in the Bar Association (Human Resources), The Public Notary (Marriage Licensing, and Contract Authenticity), as well as a Public Relations position that is open. Keep in mind though, as a member of the branch you do have to earn and maintain a Bar License, and take cases when needed. With any questions you might have, stop by and speak with a member, we would love to have you. Until next month, stay safe, and stay healthy.

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”