[NEWSLETTER #30] SASG Updates - April

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
State Government
ECRP Forum Name:

[NEWSLETTER #30] SASG Updates - April

Post by State Government »

Introduction
We are excited to bring you the latest updates and insights on the initiatives, policies, and achievements of our government as we continue our commitment to serving and enriching the lives of our citizens. This newsletter serves as a bridge of communication, connecting you with the important work happening throughout our state and offering you a glimpse into the impact we are making at the San Andreas State Government.
New Employees
When employees join the San Andreas State Government, we ask them a crucial question: why did they choose to join the government? We then share their answers with the public to provide insight into the kind of impact these individuals wish to make on the future and development of our city. Here are quotes received from our new employees:
Nick Hightown, Government Security Bureau wrote: I joined SAGOV because I feel deeply that it is important to contribute positively to the place that you live. I specifically joined the Government Security Bureau because I felt I could provide security and safety for them to perform their roles, not letting the recent adverse conditions that have presented themselves to hinder them from serving the state in the best way possible. I am proud to be a member of SAGOV and represent the state of San Andreas and look forward to spending more time working with the fine folks of San Andreas to create a brighter tomorrow.
Emma Garcia, Government Security Bureau wrote: I joined the Government Security Bureau to help out the people that are trying to make change to our city. I understand people don't always agree with actions the government takes, however everything they do is in the attempt to better the community we live in. My work at GSB is to give these hard workers the peace in mind that they can do their work in safety, without having to fear any harm to their life. I pride myself in making sure that job is done well, and making sure they can get their jobs done in peace.
Bogdan Fernandez, Government Security Bureau wrote: I joined GSB because I wanted to be more connected to government personnel and to protect and serve all government officials with my experience from my previous employment at SADOC. What interested me the most about joining GSB is to work with people, with whom I already made good connections while I was still part of SADOC. In first place Mr. Ramos, while he was still working at SD, and Mr. Parry. Unfortunately, when I first applied for GSB I wasn't accepted, but now I'm glad that I can help with all duties. I joined GSB also because I needed a small change of pace and a change of work environment.
Alfie Watch, Government Security Bureau wrote: I joined GSB because I wanted to have more excitement in the city and that's exactly what it has given me. GSB is a great opportunity for me to take. It has helped me overcome weaknesses and see the daily goings of City Hall and the government from a different perspective. I hope to stay in GSB as long as I can and in this time rise up through the ranks and get certified for as many things as I can. While doing this I hope to become the best AGENT I can be at GSB, I am very excited about my future here.
Recent Releases
PRESS RELEASE #74 Key Updates & Public Disclosures
Introduction
Citizens of San Andreas,

The San Andreas State Government is committed to providing open communication and transparency to those that we serve. With that being said, we have created this press release to provide a comprehensive update to the state. We understand that many of you have questions and concerns about the recent changes, and we wish to provide you insight into the choices we have made and the challenges we have been presented. With this release, we aim to provide a deeper understanding and awareness of our ongoing efforts to serve you.
Director Discharges
The San Andreas State Government has regrettably terminated the employment of three of its employees following accusations of misconduct. Despite this termination, we express our gratitude for the exemplary work demonstrated by these individuals during their tenure with the government. Each of them has made significant contributions to their respective roles, whether in the Economic & Legal Sector, Public Relations, or Human Resources. Their dedication and efforts were not unnoticed, and we thank them for their service to the citizens of the state.

However, work ethic alone does not encompass the entirety of what is expected in a given workplace. Fundamental principles such as upholding an organization's core values, aligning with the internal vision, and maintaining integrity are paramount in any employment setting.

The decision to discharge these individuals stemmed from a culmination of misconduct and a disregard for the government's core values. An investigation uncovered that two of the discharged employees collaborated with external agencies, compromising sensitive information pertaining to government personnel. This not only violates our core values but also jeopardizes the safety of government employees. Furthermore, subsequent investigations revealed potential connections between the discharged employees and an adversarial group during a period coinciding with attacks on government operations.

It was also made clear that some individuals sought to undermine the authority of government leadership, neglecting their duties in favor of advancing personal agendas and sidestepping their responsibilities. Appropriate actions have been taken, and further details may be disclosed upon the conclusion of this ongoing process.

The San Andreas State Government will continue to uphold our core values of Integrity, Accountability, Service, Inclusivity, Objectivity, Transparency, & Professionalism.
Suspension of the LRC
For those who don't know, the Law Review Committee is part of the legislative branch of our state government. This committee consists of a dedicated group of legal experts, lawmakers, and public representatives. The LRC holds the task of drafting and refining legislation, with a primary objective of ensuring that proposed laws are fair, clear, and constitutionally sound.

Per Executive Order #7, the Law Review Committee was adjourned for an unspecified amount of time, and many of our citizens had questions about the decision to suspend the committee. Below, Emily Whitehorse, Speaker of the LRC, gives a detailed explanation of why the branch was suspended and the efforts that are being made to bring it back.
Emily Whitehorse | Speaker of the Law Review Committee wrote: I was quite saddened to see that the LRC was suspended from sitting via executive order, however having been part of the team that developed our state constitution, I am fully aware and understand how that provision may be used, and intend to abide by the request given. For clarity, the provision in question constitutionally allows the executive branch to suspend the LRC given certain parameters existing. Given this clause has never been utilized in the history of our state, we are navigating the challenges of obeying this clause without causing conflict with other constitutional provisions important to the LRC.

Having spoken with the Board of Governors regarding the utilization of this provision, I am able to relay that the reason for this suspension came as the LRC had failed its objectives to seat all elected representatives in a timely fashion and host weekly meetings, despite attempts made internally at doing so. I am disappointed about the recent failure of the branch, and am committed to correcting this mistake, whatever may happen next.

No matter what happens moving forward, I have a duty to our state to ensure that we reopen the LRC as soon as possible, and that is exactly what I am committed to doing. I am in communication with some representatives to assist myself in doing so, and once we have a stable team in the interim, we will proceed forward. I encourage all those with a passion to reopen our elected legislative chamber to consider a position with us, so that we may work to rebuild our branch in time for the next election cycle.
Weazel News
We are aware of the targeted articles and advertisements that have been published by the Weazel Entertainment News Network, which will henceforth be referred to as WENN, over the past few weeks. The content contained in their publications contains inaccuracies, fallacies, and misleading information. This type of journalism and media output jeopardizes not only the reputation and safety of our government employees but also the citizens of the state.

Accurate journalism and reporting is a vital part of our state. It holds individuals and entities accountable when facts are presented accurately. However, WENN has fallen short of these standards. The information that has been published in the aforementioned articles and advertisements has created a division between the state and its citizens, creating panic and eroding public trust. We very strongly urge WENN to rigorously verify their facts and stop publishing unverified and/or misleading information. They have never reached out to the SASG for a comment regarding the articles and advertisements published and this directly contradicts the obligations of their own internal handbook.

Recent events by Weazel News have not only placed government employees in threat of harm but also civilians' lives at risk. Specifically, these actions have caused three individuals to be placed on the kill list for the infamous terrorist group known as the shadows. This is wholly unacceptable and must be resolved. To ensure the safety of our citizens and government officials, accurate reporting, and transparency, the San Andreas State Government is taking the following steps:
  • We are engaging with the public to provide accurate information and counteract any false narratives that have been propagated by recent articles and advertisements created by WENN.
  • We are conducting an internal review to assess the accuracy of claims made in the articles to determine the appropriate course of action, either via legal measures or in communication with Weazel News.
The San Andreas State Government has repeatedly in the past extended support to WENN, allocating funds to bolster their efforts in fostering community unification and ensuring widespread access to accurate information. We have even as of recent been providing them with more access to camera & media technology to allow for interesting styles of reporting to occur. Regrettably, the utilization of these funds by the media team has been undoubtedly improper, as instead of advancing unity and public welfare, they opted to allocate resources towards actions that exacerbated societal divisions and jeopardized public safety as well as bullying and harassment of individuals.
Contact Information
      Molly Devil,
      Senior Government Official | Public Relations Bureau
      San Andreas State Government

• Oliver Dutch,

Andrea Fallon, M.D., F.R.C.O.G., OB/GYN
          Interim Director | Public Relations Bureau
          Assistant To The Governor
        PRESS RELEASE #75 Introduction of the Department of Economic Development
        Introduction
        Citizens of San Andreas,

The San Andreas State Government is pleased to announce the merger of the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau, effective immediately, to become the Department of Economic Development. The merger of both bureaus will help streamline processes in the economic and property management of the State.

The Department of Economic Development will consolidate the strengths of both bureaus and create a more cohesive approach while fostering the growth of small businesses and managing housing and property affairs within San Andreas.
        The Decision to Merge
        Our decision to merge the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau was driven by many factors, with the largest being listed below.
        • Streamling Processes & Procedures: By merging the bureaus, the Department of Economic Development will be better equipped to optimize protocols related to business licensing, property management, and help support the growth of small businesses throughout the State.
        • Collaboration: The similarities between both the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property and Housing Bureau often rely on each other to accomplish tasks and help citizens with the same goals. This merger will greatly help the processes be more effective.
        • Efficiency: By combining both bureaus, it will eliminate duplicate efforts and reduce the burden of administrative tasks, allowing the Department of Economic Development to operate efficiently and effectively and better serve the public.
        Impact on The State
        The merger of the bureaus to create the Department of Economic Development will have relatively little effect on the general public in San Andreas. Citizens will still be able to access the same services and resources as before, but will be met with a much more cohesive process.

For those who are seeking to apply to work within the San Andreas State Government under the previous bureaus and those who are already employed, there will be minimal changes.
        • The applications for both the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau will be merged into one application. If you are looking to join this new and exciting team, visit our Job Listing HERE!
        • Interns and current employees will now be able to to partake in tasks and projects that were previously assigned to each respective bureau, allowing for a more comprehensive and quicker experience for both the San Andreas State Government and citizens of the State.
        The Future of the Department of Economic Development
        The Department of Economic Development will be committed to serving the citizens of San Andreas by helping to boost economic growth, promoting the development of small businesses that are an integral part of our community, and managing housing and property affairs to create a better state for all. With the merger, the State of San Andreas will be in a better position to deliver a more coordinated service to support the needs of San Andreas.
        Emily Whitehorse, Chief of Staff wrote:This is an exciting time for the San Andreas State Government! We have long discussed about the possibility of unifying the command of the Business Licensing Bureau & Property and Housing Bureau but much debate was had as to what direction we should take. Today we have made the decision to unify both bureaus under the command of one director, with the possibility of having two deputy directors overseeing each division. Our hope with this change is that our current pool of staff will be better utilized thus providing more efficient and superior services to our citizens. I have complete faith that Director Marc Ericsson will be able to use the foundation built up by each bureau's predecessors to see each exciting development into the new era of the San Andreas State Government.
        Marc Ericsson, Government Director wrote: The Business Licensing Bureau has been my primary assignment from when I joined the State Government for the first time in 2022 and when I reinstated just last year. Over that time BLB has gone through a number of changes and I am proud to say that it is in a very good place compared to how it was back in June of 2022 when it was just Chief Whitehorse and myself. Property & Housing is obviously very new to me and I am still in the process of learning its ins and outs, however, I believe that this merger is a huge step forward towards having a more unified approach to the way every Bureau operates here in the State Government.

While the team we have right now is small, I have full confidence that we will be able to execute the duties of the newly formed, Department of Economic Development effectively and will soon have a larger team with two deputy directors to oversee both aspects of the Bureau.
        We are confident that the merger of these two bureaus to become the Department of Economic Development will greatly enhance our ability to serve the citizens of San Andreas. We look forward to collaborating with residents, entrepreneurs, and current business owners to build a more prosperous San Andreas.
        Contact Information
            Molly Devil,

Executive Order #7

EXECUTIVE ORDER #7

_______________________________________________________________________

ADOPTION OF NEW LAWS TO SUPPORT THE CHANGING DIRECTION OF THE STATE
              ** 07/04/2024 **
              _______________________________________________________________________

WHEREAS, the dynamic nature of our state necessitates the enactment of new legislation to ensure the continued stability and prosperity of our jurisdiction.

WHEREAS, the previous charging structure of the business licensing bureau has inadvertently impeded the bureau's ability to effectively fulfill its mandates, thereby hindering progress towards its stated objectives.

WHEREAS, Article II, Section 3 stipulates that the Board of Governors may, in extraordinary circumstances and in the event of disagreement, adjourn the Law Review Committee (LRC) to a time deemed appropriate.

WHEREAS, urgent and unprecedented actions are imperative to address the current array of threats confronting our state.

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the executive power vested in the San Andreas State Government, It is hereby ordered as followed:

1. Additional penalties shall be incorporated into the penal code to deter and penalize individuals found guilty of unlawfully removing sensitive documents from government agencies. Guidance regarding the application of this penalty shall be provided upon formal request by the Board of Governors, with provisions for adjustment as necessary.

2. All charges levied by the business licensing bureau shall be reclassified as citations, with any associated incarceration penalties being rescinded.

3. The Law Review Committee shall be promptly adjourned for a specified duration to facilitate collaborative resolution of prevailing challenges and to institute reforms aimed at enhancing its efficacy and resilience.

Board of Governors
              Rockford Hills City Hall
              Carcer Way, Los Santos.

April In Pictures
              ► Show Spoiler
              The Government Security Bureau: Appointments of New Agents

The San Andreas State Government is pleased to announce the successful conclusion of our recent GSB recruiting drive. We have carefully selected many new agents who have now completed the rigorous hiring, onboarding, and training processes. We have every confidence that these highly qualified individuals will uphold the highest standards and contribute significantly to our ongoing mission to serve with courtesy, professionalism, and respect.
              Elian Ramos, Director of Security wrote: I took over the role of Director of Security (GSB) on November 1st. Previously, I was a member of the Sheriff's Department since 2019 and held the role of a SED command member. Within my tenure, I achieved the prestigious Excellent Service Award, which was only given to myself and another Sheriff at the end of my employment within the department. I was able to excel and learn a wide variety of skills within the years at LSSD and I am eternally grateful to the department and its leadership, they will always feel like a home away from home. My decision to switch from the Sheriff's Department to the Government Security Bureau did not come lightly as I had spent many years serving the community as a Sheriff. However, I was inspired by the opportunity to be able to do more for the San Andreas State with my experience. So when the opportunity for this role at SASG reached out to me, I felt like I owed it to give my best efforts to the opportunity.

When I took on the job, I started from the basics of C.P.R: Courtesy, Professionalism, and Respect. This is the image and standards that I wanted the Government Security Bureau to reflect. When I took over, I initially met with the current team and assured them there would be a place for everyone who wishes to continue being in GSB.

I steadily started to work on identifying issues within GSB, defining what worked and what didn't, and then promptly with the help of my team, rebuilt GSB from the ground up. Nothing to belittle past directors, they did a great job, however, my vision for GSB was quite different.

When I took over the bureau, we had limited powers of detainment, no arrest powers, no handcuffs, and a lack of firearms and vehicles. Since then, we have built proper protocols, processes, and procedures for everything from weapons and convoy training, CPR training, how to perform lockdowns, and how to positively work with the LSPD, LSSD, and other government agencies. Through these rigorous changes, we have installed GPS devices in all government and Judicial Branch vehicles and upgraded our equipment to include Kevlar vests, proper handcuffs, panic alarms, and a larger selection of our own vehicles. We also now have our own GSB building where we can train agents both new and old, as well as conduct meetings.

We have objectively achieved a lot, often praised by the Board of Governors, High Command members, and even Bureau Directors that they feel more secure than they ever have, and can see all the hard work being put into the Government Security Bureau, which is a very nice feeling to have.

Our job isn't static, it is dynamic, and it changes every day where we train to adapt and overcome obstacles. I want to thank the LSPD and the LSSD for supporting us on a daily basis, and the San Andreas State Government & Judicial Branch for understanding why we do what we do to ensure safety.

The Government Security Bureau focuses on 3 pillars: protection and safety of government assets, buildings, and personnel. In the eyes of the law, we are equal peace officers such as the LSPD & LSSD, however our protocols are far different. We focus on only threats to the three pillars. We work often and well with outside agencies to ensure they have the tools to do their job and we work smoothly with them.

I, alongside my team, who I want to highlight as no man is an island, have worked hard to build proper protocols, processes, and procedures to make the Government Security Bureau what it is today.

Director Ramos isn't the only one thrilled with the progress of the Government Security Bureau. Marc Ericsson has equally positive sentiments regarding the GSB.
              Marc Ericsson, Government Director wrote: The Government Security Bureau has greatly improved from what it was a year ago. The recent increase in agents from their recruitment drive has shown increased activity of them on duty at once, I can clock on any time of the day and have agents on shift. GSB has a supervisor and command team who are passionate about the growth of the bureau. I do not doubt that they will continue to train and shape these agents so that they can handle any situation that comes their way. The recent trial this past weekend shows this well, there were several agents on shift, and Director Ramos was able to put a plan in place that was previously not so feasible due to the lack of agents. In the end, the trial went well with only a minor incident inside of the court room and all of the government employees there were in safe hands with GSB.
              Lester Conway, an agent within the GSB who played a large role in the recruitment and training of the new agents, also made a statement.
              Lester Conway, Government Security Bureau wrote: I am very pleased with how the recruitment drive has gone. We have been very successful with recruiting new agents who are a good fit for the bureau.

Training has been going smoothly and I now feel that we are stronger than ever with many well-trained and highly skilled agents. I am honored to have been given the opportunity to train these new junior agents and I am very happy to be working alongside them.
              Attorney General Hope Kant also expressed her satisfaction with the current state of the Government Security Bureau.
              Hope Kant, Attorney General wrote: I have seen the Government Security Bureau (GSB) make significant strides in enhancing their capabilities and training from my initial hiring with the Judicial Branch to today. Over recent months, they've bolstered their personnel numbers to ensure a broader range of security across multiple high ranking Government Officials. This expansion has empowered them to respond to incidents rapidly, significantly reducing their response time and enhancing their overall effectiveness.

GSB has improved significantly since the inception of the Bureau, the increase in numbers, attention to detail, and overall responsiveness allows them to meet the ever-growing needs of the government especially given the current threat. They remain steadfast in their dedication to ensuring the safety and security of our Government, and I am sure they will continue to innovate and adapt to any emerging challenges.

The San Andreas State Government will remain committed to protecting the three pillars through the Government Security Bureau, and we are excited to watch the growth and success of our new junior agents and see them thrive and contribute to the agency's ongoing excellence.
              Earth Day Celebration
              On April 28th, the San Andreas State Government united with Weazel Entertainment News Network and the San Andreas Department of Corrections to host an Earth Day event. The goal of the event was to inspire and educate the community on the importance of sustainability and environmental conservation.

The event was held at the Marlowe Vineyards where attendees had the opportunity to bike through the winery's vineyards, offering them a unique view of the valley and showcasing the beauty of nature.

Another highlight of the event was the raffle for an Omnis E-GT, an electric sports car. To enter the raffle, attendees only needed to show up with a recyclable in tow, with additional recyclables earning them multiple entries. This encouraged not only recycling but also the adoption of electric vehicles.

The event also featured a discussion and petition to build a solar panel farm in San Andreas. The goal of the solar panel farm would be to reduce our carbon footprint while easing the burden on our current power plant.

During the event, the State of San Andreas observed a moment of silence as a reminder of the urgent need for environmental action where the power was turned off for 60 seconds.

The even hosted in conjunction with SADOC and Weazel News was a huge success, promoting sustainability and advocating for renewable energy solutions, and raising awareness about the importance of environmental conservation.
              Recruitment
              Promotions
              We are thrilled to share exciting news from the San Andreas State Government! Over the past month, we have witnessed numerous individuals within our organization receive well-deserved promotions. With each step, they assume increased responsibilities, enabling them to make a more significant impact on the City of Los Santos.

Appointments & Reinstatments
              • Logan Stevenson, SAAA Intern
              • Jenevelle Arcana, SAAA Intern
              • Logan Sampson, Property & Housing Bureau
              Government Senior Official ► Government Lead Official
              • Jimmithy Jemima, San Andreas Aviation Administration

Appointments & Reinstatments
              • Nick Hightown, Government Security Bureau
              • Vinny Valor, Government Security Bureau
              • Alfie Watch, Government Security Bureau
              • Bogdan Fernandez, Government Security Bureau
              • Emma Garcia, Government Security Bureau
              • Deano Jackson, Government Security Bureau
              • Eddie Chalmers, Government Security Bureau
              • James Ortiz, Government Security Bureau
              • David Snow, Government Security Bureau
              • Jamie Snow, Government Security Bureau
              • Stela Carter, Government Security Bureau
              • Tristan Murphy, Government Security Bureau
              Junior Agent ► Agent I
              • James Valor, Government Security Bureau
              Agent I ► Agent II
              • Lester Conway, Government Security Bureau
              • Jhin Kaur, Government Security Bureau
              Agent II ► Agent III
              • Shawn Jo, Government Security Bureau
              • Lester Conway, Government Security Bureau
              Closing Statement
              As we come to the end of a month filled with many highs, lows, and changes, it is important to remember the age-old adage: “April showers bring May flowers.” Just as the rain nourishes the ground and prepares it for new growth, the challenges and lessons we face today shape us for a brighter tomorrow.

Despite the storms we have all weathered as individuals and together as a community, it is important to remember that there is always hope on the horizon. As we step into the new month of May, let’s embrace the chance for new beginnings, growth, and opportunities on the road ahead.

There are many flowers to look forward to in May. The new Department of Economic Development formed from a merger of the Property & Housing Bureau will make it even easier for citizens to have the resources they need to thrive in our great State.

The Government Security Bureau is also blossoming with the recruitment of 15 amount of junior agents who are all dedicated to the safety and security of their three pillars: government assets, buildings, and personnel. We are so excited to have them as a part of the San Andreas State Government and can’t wait to watch them grow and thrive in their positions.

With the support and collaboration of our incredible community, we are confident that we will overcome any obstacles that come our way and continue to make our state a better place for all. Here's to the promise of May flowers and the new opportunities that await us.
              Contact Information
                  Molly Devil

• Oliver Dutch,

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”