[Press Release] Appointment of Assistant Sheriff Joe Olson in Leadership Transition

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] Appointment of Assistant Sheriff Joe Olson in Leadership Transition

Post by Amelia Clark »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
April 30th, 2024
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• Appointment of Assistant Sheriff Joe Olson in Leadership Transition
    -
  • On Sunday the 28th of April 2024, the Los Santos Sheriff's Department saw a shift within Patrol Operations higher command staff. Sean Hamilton, one of the founding members of the department, stepped down from his role as Assistant Sheriff of Patrol Operations, and Commander Joe Olson stepped up, taking over the position.

Joe Olson graduated from the LSSD Academy on the 25th of February 2021 and has since then worked tirelessly, not only for professional advancement but to protect, serve, and provide his support and knowledge to those in need. On the 9th of September 2023, Olson was appointed Commander of Patrol Operations and directly tasked to oversee the Highway Enforcement Division, The K9 Detection Team, and both the North and South Patrol Divisions.

We are excited to see how Patrol Operations will adjust to the new changes, including the divisions and staff within and we wish Olson the best of luck on his new assignment.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    The transition following Assistant Sheriff Hamilton's decision to step down to Captain will undoubtedly require a period of adjustment. His wealth of expertise and years of experience have been instrumental in driving the department's progress, and his presence on our Executive Staff team has been invaluable. While the departure of nearly all our Assistant Sheriffs, who have been integral since the department's inception, presents a significant change, it also holds promise for a brighter future in the department's development.

In filling Assistant Sheriff Hamilton's role, there seemed no better candidate than Commander Joe Olson. A seasoned veteran of our department, Commander Olson has consistently demonstrated unwavering dedication in every capacity he has served. His contributions to enhancing our Patrol Operations and administrative functions have been noteworthy, and I am confident that despite the magnitude of the shoes he must fill, he will do so with ease.

Amidst these transitions, I am grateful that Assistant Sheriff Hamilton has chosen to remain with us in a different capacity, assuming the role of Captain to focus more on fieldwork. His continued presence will undoubtedly bolster our operations and uphold our commitment to service.

Thank you, Assistant Sheriff Hamilton, for your ongoing dedication, and congratulations to Commander Olson on his well-deserved advancement.

Assistant Sheriff Joe Olson
    As I step into the role of Assistant Sheriff of Patrol Operations, I recognize the weight of responsibility and the significant challenges that lie ahead. Yet, I am confident in my readiness to confront them, thanks in large part to the mentorship and guidance provided by former Assistant Sheriff Sean Hamilton.

Sean embodies a rare balance of composure and assertiveness, making him a remarkably effective leader to collaborate with. His unparalleled experience and esteemed reputation in law enforcement, both within the Los Santos Police Department and Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, mark him as a living legend in the city of Los Santos.

From his leadership in Countrywide operations to his tenure in Patrol Operations, I've had the privilege of witnessing his dedication firsthand. As I now must carry on his legacy, I express my utmost respect and gratitude for his contributions. I wish him every success in his future endeavors and aspire to honor his legacy by fulfilling my duties to the best of my abilities.
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Lieutenant Amelia Clark
    Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division