[PRESS RELEASE #75] Introduction of the Department of Economic Development

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
State Government
ECRP Forum Name:

[PRESS RELEASE #75] Introduction of the Department of Economic Development

Post by State Government »

Introduction
Citizens of San Andreas,

The San Andreas State Government is pleased to announce the merger of the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau, effective immediately, to become the Department of Economic Development. The merger of both bureaus will help streamline processes in the economic and property management of the State.

The Department of Economic Development will consolidate the strengths of both bureaus and create a more cohesive approach while fostering the growth of small businesses and managing housing and property affairs within San Andreas.
The Decision to Merge
Our decision to merge the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau was driven by many factors, with the largest being listed below.
  • Streamling Processes & Procedures: By merging the bureaus, the Department of Economic Development will be better equipped to optimize protocols related to business licensing, property management, and help support the growth of small businesses throughout the State.
  • Collaboration: The similarities between both the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property and Housing Bureau often rely on each other to accomplish tasks and help citizens with the same goals. This merger will greatly help the processes be more effective.
  • Efficiency: By combining both bureaus, it will eliminate duplicate efforts and reduce the burden of administrative tasks, allowing the Department of Economic Development to operate efficiently and effectively and better serve the public.
Impact on The State
The merger of the bureaus to create the Department of Economic Development will have relatively little effect on the general public in San Andreas. Citizens will still be able to access the same services and resources as before, but will be met with a much more cohesive process.

For those who are seeking to apply to work within the San Andreas State Government under the previous bureaus and those who are already employed, there will be minimal changes.
  • The applications for both the Business Licensing Bureau and the Property & Housing Bureau will be merged into one application. If you are looking to join this new and exciting team, visit our Job Listing HERE!
  • Interns and current employees will now be able to to partake in tasks and projects that were previously assigned to each respective bureau, allowing for a more comprehensive and quicker experience for both the San Andreas State Government and citizens of the State.
The Future of the Department of Economic Development
The Department of Economic Development will be committed to serving the citizens of San Andreas by helping to boost economic growth, promoting the development of small businesses that are an integral part of our community, and managing housing and property affairs to create a better state for all. With the merger, the State of San Andreas will be in a better position to deliver a more coordinated service to support the needs of San Andreas.
Emily Whitehorse, Chief of Staff wrote:This is an exciting time for the San Andreas State Government! We have long discussed about the possibility of unifying the command of the Business Licensing Bureau & Property and Housing Bureau but much debate was had as to what direction we should take. Today we have made the decision to unify both bureaus under the command of one director, with the possibility of having two deputy directors overseeing each division. Our hope with this change is that our current pool of staff will be better utilized thus providing more efficient and superior services to our citizens. I have complete faith that Director Marc Ericsson will be able to use the foundation built up by each bureau's predecessors to see each exciting development into the new era of the San Andreas State Government.
Marc Ericsson, Government Director wrote: The Business Licensing Bureau has been my primary assignment from when I joined the State Government for the first time in 2022 and when I reinstated just last year. Over that time BLB has gone through a number of changes and I am proud to say that it is in a very good place compared to how it was back in June of 2022 when it was just Chief Whitehorse and myself. Property & Housing is obviously very new to me and I am still in the process of learning its ins and outs, however, I believe that this merger is a huge step forward towards having a more unified approach to the way every Bureau operates here in the State Government.

While the team we have right now is small, I have full confidence that we will be able to execute the duties of the newly formed, Department of Economic Development effectively and will soon have a larger team with two deputy directors to oversee both aspects of the Bureau.
We are confident that the merger of these two bureaus to become the Department of Economic Development will greatly enhance our ability to serve the citizens of San Andreas. We look forward to collaborating with residents, entrepreneurs, and current business owners to build a more prosperous San Andreas.
Contact Information
      Molly Devil,
      Senior Government Official | Public Relations Bureau
      San Andreas State Government

Andrea Fallon, M.D., F.R.C.O.G., OB/GYN
          Interim Director | Public Relations Bureau
          Assistant To The Governor
          San Andreas State Government

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”