Post by Herrman Wolff »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Herrman Wolff
    Phone Number: 2984429
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Institution (If Applicable): Wrongfully Charged Citezen
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • As a citizen of the State of San Andreas, I would like, if it's possible, for the Los Santos Police Department to give further justification for the change to the FLD regulations that permitted the carry of two handguns. The regulations surrounding this previously permitted two handguns, of different models (even if this was unintended) but the new policy change now only permits a single handgun be carried (but can be done so with a shotgun or flare gun).

Was there an abundance of dual carry individuals committing crime that spurred this change?
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: Public Inquiry [Citizen]

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Mr. Wolff,

The change to the Firearms Licensing regulations, specifically about those carrying two handguns, was made in the context of practicality and a continued modernization of the regulations. With the issuance of shotguns and flare guns, it not only made sense to be able to carry a firearm to protect oneself. Keeping a single handgun while hunting or engaging in other related activities still gives citizens the right to protect themselves adequately and within the Firearms Licensing guidelines.

In any other situation, we do not find it feasible for individuals to carry two handguns on their person. In the past, this was just a restriction for those with a criminal history. However, as we progress into allowing new firearms, there is no upside, legally or rationally, for "dual carry." This is for the safety of the individual, as it may make them an additional target or result in one being misplaced or improperly transferred, among many other reasons.

Please note that all of our licensing changes are made in conjunction with insight from the San Andreas State Government and Board of Governors. Thank you for your inquiry.

• Warmest Regards
    Police Captain I Alex Schill
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
    Los Santos Police Department
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Patrol Command, Mission Row Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”