March 2024 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

March 2024 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Good day, everyone! The past month has really flown by! It was a great month with even better activities that our department helped host. This month was also exciting for our staff as well, as we reopened our Supervisor-in-Training program. We are excited to see the future of SADOC grow.

We hope you enjoyed our April Fools Release and that you enjoy our March Press Release below!

Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month March 2024
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Getting picked for the Officer Spotlight last month and receiving EOTM this month have been a huge deal for me. I've always been self-conscious about my work and having my supervisors' validation was a huge boost to my mental health.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I was just accepted to the CERT division so I'm going to be working hard to get out of the probationary ranks within it. On top of that I'm also looking to rise up through the ranks within my other two divisions; K9 and Groundskeeping. I just want to keep myself busy and help out wherever I can.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Working with San Andreas' most dangerous criminals may sound intimidating at first but the team at DOC always has each other's back. As long as you're a team player you'll fit right in here.

Divisional Spotlight - Correctional K9 Division

• What is Correctional K9 Division?
    Did you know that SADOC has a K9 division? You wonder why? So let me tell you. So SADOC K9 division is tasked with using K9 units in scenarios including finding hidden contrabands, patrolling the prison grounds, and joining FRD (Felon Reformation Division) and Psych for therapy purposes. Our K9s are also helping our guards when we have runners. Our division has two branches: detection and therapy.

What Barnches does the Correctional K9 Division have?
    Detection K9s are responsible for detecting and searching for weapons and contraband which inmates may have, In addition, they can also assist with detecting missing people around prison grounds, which can be inmates, civilians and sometimes guards.
    Therapy K9 are responsible for therapy sessions with the Psych division and FRD. Those K9 units can be either dogs or cats.
    Head of Correctional K9 Division - Rock Paz & Beast:
    • 1. What was your fascination with joining the K9 division?
      I wanted to bring stability to the K-9 Division, and by being a person who could be there to help K-9 grow further by maintaining the hard work the previous Staff had done and building on it with the new ideas I had planned for us from the research conducted into the K-9 information. I enjoy the many great aspects of K-9 such as the Animal Companions we bond with, and the connections we form with them during our training, and work together for the SADOC.

2. What are the responsibilities of the head of K9?
      As Head of the K-9 Division, my main responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of CK9D, reviewing new applications to the K9 Division, analyzing where K9 units can benefit the SADOC, and sometimes many other things!

3. What breeds do K9 divisions have?
      There are four breeds of dogs that can be used in CK9D. These include Huskies, Labradors, Border Collies, and Rottweilers. Also, there are five breeds of dogs, 3 breeds of cats and 1 breed of rabbit that can be used in CK9 Therapy. These include Huskies, Labradors, Border Collies, Rottweilers, Pugs, Orange Tabby, Black Cats, Persian Cats, and Mini Rex Rabbits.

4. How long have you been in the K9 division, and what are your plans for it?
      I have been part of K-9 for about 5-6 months now. It was been a bit tough since the previous Heads left a lot of information, and data for me to research, and learn from. However, after spending a lot of time studying the data, and conducting training with the officers, and K-9 units. I feel even more ready to try to lead the K-9 Division into the future by gathering even more units to have it grow further in numbers, and expanding the way we can use K-9 units to assist all of the SADOC Divisions, Staff, or Inmates!

• Junior Handler - Riley Kilgore & Loonie:
      1. What was your fascination with joining the K9 division?
      I've always loved dogs and I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. I thought it'd be a really fun experience to train my dog to be a fellow correctional officer and have them work alongside me.

2. What branch would you like to join and why?
      I think both branches sound super interesting but both myself and Loonie love to be given tasks. I think because of this being part of the detection branch would be perfect for us! But if that doesn't work out, I'm not opposed to having her as a therapy dog. She loves getting attention.

3. What do you like so far as a K9 recruit in the K9 division?
      We haven't done too much yet but I loved participating in the physical training. Loonie and I had a ton of fun running through the course together and watching her succeed made me a really proud handler. I'm hoping soon we'll be able to put our training into some practical experience.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Ian Hedge

Ian grew up in New Mexico and liked farm animals. His favourite cow was called Edbert. His dream was to move to a big city like the ones he saw on TV in the supermarket. Local gangsters made fun of Ian and Ian bit the biggest gangster. Ian then brought a plane ticket to the biggest city he knew, Los Santos.

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • I don't. I fight the patriarchy and then I hit people when they say the bad word (broccolli).

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • Robert. Or Cooter, I like Bardley.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • The cells aren't warm enough, they are cold and I can't cook food. Why don't we get to make numberplates?

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I want to make Spam Fritters.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Let all the prisoners go and make a Spam Fritter.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • The pink lady that died over a year ago.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • I'm not.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • BAZINGA and also *sniffle*.

March Events!
    Easter Island Extravaganza
      In this month, thanks to the unwavering dedication and seamless cooperation among various departments and companies, we have flawlessly executed a city-wide event on Cayo Perico!
          Chocolate Eggs Crafted with Shared Love from SADOC Reformee
          Who would have thought that the chocolate eggs that were distributed to all the children and participants during the event, were handcrafted by inmates Chaza Williams and Ted Timpson! With hearts full of compassion and unwavering dedication, they poured their efforts into these sweet creations. Through days of tireless work, they moulded and shaped the chocolate, infusing it with a sense of hope and redemption into the Easter Chocolate that we see today!
            On the Easter Island
            The Easter Island Extravaganza features an exciting array of activities, including an Easter egg hunt, a painting competition for Easter eggs, the opportunity to snap a photo with the Easter Bunny, a chance to feed the Easter Bunny, and lively DJ music to keep the festivities going!
              Easter Egg Painting Competition
              The community unleashed their creativity to decorate and paint easter eggs, here are the entries that we have received during the event!
              Congrats to Trixie Bankshot and Seraphina Dupont for being the winners of the easter egg painting competition
              Special Thanks
              Special Thanks to VIPs for sponsoring the event: Jack Falken, Lucienne Everheart, Katie Pure, Rebecca Cates, Seraphina Dupont, John Cranston, Willow Cranston, Atomic Auto and Arcadius
              In addition, the helpers within Bayview Auto Center, Weazel Entertainment News Network, Los Santos Emergency Medical Services and the San Andreas State Government (( and ECRP Event Team )) to make this event possible!
              Employee Adjustments
              • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
                • #863 Lucy Fox
              • ImageCorporalImageSenior Correctional Officer
                • #708 Mia Adams
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
                • #1081 Skye Luna
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
                • #1066 Riley Kilgore
                • #1069 Grace Speed
                • #1060 Miles Hansen
                • #1060 Elijah Harrison
                • #1063 Dwayne Richardson
              • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                • #1077 Jason Hernandez
                • #1075 Dora Benham
                • #506 Donte Monroe
                • #1084 Eugene Benton
                • #1087 Oscar Thorpe
                • #1089 Tyler Smooth
                • #1085 Jebediah Buckley
              Employee Count
              • SADOC Officer Count
                High Command | 5 | 7.46%
                Warden | 1 | 1.49%
                Deputy Warden | 2 | 2.99%
                Assistant Warden | 2 | 2.99%
                Command | 6 | 8.96%
                Commander | 2 | 2.99%
                Captain | 4 | 5.97%
                Supervisors | 4 | 5.97%
                Lieutenant | 3 | 4.48%
                Sergeant | 1 | 1.49%
                Corporal | 0 | 0%

• General Staff | 41 | 61.19%
                Senior Correctional Officer | 10 | 14.93%
                Correctional Officer III | 8 | 11.94%
                Correctional Officer II | 2 | 2.99%
                Correctional Officer I | 9 | 13.43%
                Correctional Trainee | 12 | 17.91%
                OTHER | 11 | 16.42%
                Correctional Custodian Officer | 10 | 14.93%
                Law Consultant | 1 | 1.49%
              Phone Calls
                  When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                  Recruitment Status
                  Recruitment
                   ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                  Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                    • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                  • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                  • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                  • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD, LSSD or SAJB at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working as a Correctional Officer here at the SADOC.
                    *If applying for the position of Correctional Custodian Officer they you may be a member of another department as this position is part-time. All decisions are made & finalized by the Human Resources Command Team.
                  • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                    • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                  • Additional Requirements:
                    • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                    • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                    • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                    • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                  Closing Message from the Warden
                  And that ends our March Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                  We hope you all had a great Easter! Please remember to stop by Bolingbroke anytime, especially if you have an outstanding warrant.
                  Kourtney Lafleur
                  Warden of Bolingbroke Penitentiary
                  San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
                  Captain of Departmental Administration, Head of Public Relations
                  [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
                    Lieutenant, Assistant Head of Public Relations
                    [email protected]

Randy Lee
                      Captain, Public Relations Command

[email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
                        Captain of Departmental Operations