[PRESS RELEASE #28] Introducing Seizure Warrants: A Message from Attorney General Kant

Judicial Branch Public Relations
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

[PRESS RELEASE #28] Introducing Seizure Warrants: A Message from Attorney General Kant

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Introducing Seizure Warrants: A Message from Attorney General Kant
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

• Citizens of San Andreas,

My name is Hope Kant. For those of you who don’t know me, I am the Attorney General of the great state of San Andreas. I was appointed Acting Attorney General on the 3rd of September 2023, promoted officially to Attorney General on the 1st of October 2023, and have been lucky to serve for the last 6 months in my position with the hardworking individuals of the Los Santos Police Department , Los Santos Sheriff’s Department, and those within the Judicial Branch.

During that time, there have been numerous changes, developments, and updates to old processes. Today we are here to speak about one specific addition. It is no secret to anyone that criminal Organizations have plagued the streets of Los Santos for quite some time. The Los Santos Police Department and Los Santos Sheriff's Department have done their best with the tools that they’ve been given, but today I am here to proudly announce the release of a new method of crime prevention and deterrence: The Seizure Warrant.

A Seizure Warrant will work the same way that all search warrants do. With the exception being that instead of simply searching a property, Law Enforcement Agencies will now be able to search and seize properties and assets that have been tied to repeated and severe acts of criminal use.

Thanks to the High Command and Command team of the Judicial Branch with a special shout out to Associate Justice Daniels for their contribution to the project and its timely release. I’d also like to thank the Board of Governors for reviewing and communicating with the branch to make this idea a reality.

I’m sure there are some of you that may be wondering, why now? Have we not always been able to seize properties? In a sense, yes we have always had the capability to seize a property, in fact the Los Santos Police Department and Los Santos Sheriff’s Department have been able to and have successfully seized multiple properties prior to the current addition. However, recently an official process and application has been realized.

To answer the question of why now, let us look at the most current history of our great City. A criminal organization, that shall remain nameless, has taken to targeting officers and terrorizing the streets of San Andreas. The Office of the Attorney General, the Los Santos Police Department, namely Detective Mikael Cowell and Detective Samuel Martin, and the Los Santos Sheriff’s Department came together to conduct an extensive investigation tying the acts committed by a criminal organization directly to the property they call their “HQ”.

As Law Enforcement Officers we view the introduction and application of seizure warrants as a turning point against crime. Let this be a notice to those who seek to target Government workers and Law Enforcement Agencies. We do not tolerate that type of behavior and we will respond with the full force of the law. Thank you all for being here today. Have a good evening.

Attorney General
    (909) 505-9925 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”