#24-CM-0011, State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire

Lucien Vesuvius
ECRP Forum Name: Mahad

#24-CM-0011, State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire

Post by Lucien Vesuvius »

Defendant Name: Benjamin Voltaire & Estaban Castro
Defendant Phone: 293-8945 & 2036033
Defendant Address: N/A
(( Defendant Discord: itsmirage_ & delarosasteven ))
Requested Attorney: Benjamin Voltaire
Charging Department: LSPD & LSSD
Date & Time of Incident(s): 31/10/2023 8:00 (( UTC-5 ))
Charge(s):

Benjamin Voltaire:
  • Possession of a Class 1 Firearm
  • Resisting Arrest
Estaban Castro:
  • WM02
  • WM03
  • DM05
  • DM03

Narrative:
    Estaban Castro and I, Benjamin Voltaire, were driving near legion square from the gas station south of the judicial branch near the furniture store. I was in the drivers seat, Estaban in the back. I swerved out of lane, which is mere citation. Failure to maintain lane is not reckless, I was simply going to be issued a citation as I was driving the vehicle. We instantly pulled over and complied. They stated that Estaban was to be arrested for charges placed on him for a house raid. His home was raided, with weapons stashed inside. The officers failed to learn that Kredenz Willis was at the time living in that residence, with Estaban Castro not even entering the home. Kredenz Willis will admit that he was the owner of the weapons, and Estaban's fingerprints would not even be on the weapons. The officers found two weapons at the time of arrest in the glovebox. I was charged with one, Estaban Castro the other. They would never have arrested us for the two pistols in the glovebox, because they were unlawfully pulling us over. The officers were rude and they pulled us over for something we never did. I never even had a pistol, the pistols in the glove were both that of Estaban Castro. I was reaching for a napkin when I accidentally touched one, putting my prints on them. I had a nose bleed and required a napkin. They unlawfully detained and arrested us, even letting me go at first but then deciding to check the prints of the second pistol. We are appealing ALL charges and request money back for compensation of time served.

I, Benjamin Voltaire, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire

Post by Judith Mason »

San Andreas Judicial Branch
Superior Court of San Andreas

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

• To whom it may concern,

Your submission to the Superior Court of San Andreas has been received. As this case involves two separate defendants, the court will require confirmation that Estaban Castro wishes to dispute the charges as outlined in this initial posting.

Estaban Castro will be required to reply to this message with a government website account of their own by filling out the following form provided below. The form will offer another opportunity to provide a narrative if needed and contains the required affirmation that the specified individual wishes to be a co-defendant of the case.
    Live Form
    Defendant Name: Firstname Lastname
    Defendant Phone: ###-####
    Defendant Address: HERE
    (( Defendant Discord: HERE ))
    Supplementary Narrative:
    HERE

I, Firstname Lastname, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. I affirm that I intend to be included as a co-defendant as indicated in the initial case submission. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
    Formatting

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hq6d7UW.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/6h9z9Jh.png[/img]
    [divbox=antiquewhite]
    [b]Defendant Name:[/b] Firstname Lastname
    [b]Defendant Phone:[/b] ###-####
    [b]Defendant Address:[/b] HERE
    [b][color=#0040FF](([/color] Defendant Discord:[/b] HERE [color=#0040FF][b]))[/b][/color]
    [/divbox]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wjDADzN.png[/img]
    [divbox=antiquewhite]
    [b]Supplementary Narrative:[/b]
    HERE

[hr][/hr]
    I, [b]Firstname Lastname[/b], hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. I affirm that I intend to be included as a co-defendant as indicated in the initial case submission. [b][color=#0000FF](([/color][/b] I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. [b][color=#0000FF]))[/color][/b]
    [/divbox]
    As a final note, the court wishes to encourage the defendants to review the charges that each has received for the situation in question and whether only the charges from the traffic stop are being pursued or if the charges from the search and seizure of Mr. Castro's property are being disputed as well.

As will be indicated in the future Notice of Receipt: the defendants are further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Respectfully,

Chief Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
delarosasteven
ECRP Forum Name: Steven Dela

Post by delarosasteven »

how do u know that
[8:33 PM]
I am the master at gov site shit
[8:34 PM]
Defendant Name: Estaban Castro
Defendant Phone: Provided by Benjamin Voltaire
Defendant Address: N/A
(( Defendant Discord: HERE ))
Supplementary Narrative:
Mr. Voltaire perfectly described the situation, I would like to proceed with the given suit.

I, Estaban Castro, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. I affirm that I intend to be included as a co-defendant as indicated in the initial case submission. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Robert Winejudge
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Robert Winejudge »

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on the 11th of November, 2023.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Superior Court Judge
(909) 372-4223 — [email protected]
Kendall Groyce
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: idgafashlee

Post by Kendall Groyce »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 12th of December, 2023.

I, Kendall Groyce, a Prosecuting Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 489-9881 — [email protected][/list]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 3d of February, 2024.

I, Shaun Harper, Chief Public Defender with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendants, Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Chief Public Defender
Director of Training & Hiring
Notary Clerk
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Julien Rocklopher
ECRP Forum Name: Bigwolf7000

SAJB Awards

Post by Julien Rocklopher »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 3d of February, 2024.

I, Julien Rocklopher, a Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendants, Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Public Defense Attorney
(909) 442-8161 — [email protected]
John Texas
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

Post by John Texas »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 6th of February, 2024.

I, John Texas, Deputy Attorney General with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

John Texas
Deputy Attorney General
(909) 348-8450 — [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: McFornell

SAJB Awards

24-CM-0011, Notice of Activation

Post by Antonio McFornell »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#24-CM-0011

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on 27th day of February, 2024.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire is hereby activated by this Court under #24-CM-0011.

Both the State and Defendant have adequate representation in the case, as such, immediately following this notice, the Presiding Judge will be filing the Order for Discovery.

In accordance with guidelines set forth by the Supreme Court of San Andreas, this case shall require an in-person trial. Once all pretrial matters have been resolved, a Notice of Scheduling will be issued to arrange an appropriate time for trial.

Court Clerk
(909) 553-8869 — [email protected]
Antonio José McFornell
Superior Court Judge
Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Chairman of the Bar Ethics Review Board
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Code of Ethics | Bar Licensing Office | Become an Attorney
State Constitution | Penal Code
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

#24-CM-0011, Order for Discovery

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#24-CM-0011

A court order was entered in the above case on 27th of February, 2024.

The case of #24-CM-0011, State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Court Clerk
Antonio José McFornell
Superior Court Judge
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
John Texas
Judicial Branch

Re: #24-CM-0011, State of San Andreas v. Estaban Castro, Benjamin Voltaire

Post by John Texas »

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#24-CM-0011

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 4th of March, 2024.

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

Estaban Castro
  • Exhibit #1: LSPD Arrest Report of Incident - 01/NOV/2023

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
    "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
    • SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Estaban Castro
        Phone Number: 2036033
        Licenses Suspended: No
        Officers Involved:
        • Police Detective II Coral Lafleur
        • Police Detective I Mark Snow
        • Police Cadet Alaska Hawthorne
        Charges:
        • WM02 - Possession of a Class 1 Firearm
        • WF03 - Possession of a Class 2 Firearm
        • WF07 - Firearms Trafficking
        • WM05 - Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
        • WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications
        • DM03 - Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance
        • DM05 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
        • DM01 - Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance
        • DF01 - Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent of Sales
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE
      • Incident Date: 01/NOV/2023

Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • Estaban Castro Warrant Report
          Coral Lafleur wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:39 pm Image

WARRANT REPORT

• SUSPECT DETAILS
            • Full Name: Estaban Castro
              Phone Number: 2036033
              Officers Involved:
              Charges:
              • WF03 - Possession of a Class 2 Firearm
              • DF01 - Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent of Sales
              • DM01 - Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance
              • DM06 - Cultivation of a Controlled Substance
              • WF07 - Firearms Trafficking
              • WM05 - Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
            INCIDENT NARRATIVE
            • Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to validate the justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
              • Results of casefile #152321 which resulted in raid of property and multiple items found within.
              Method of Identification
              • Identified as owner of property
            EVIDENCE DETAILS
            • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
              Illegal evidence must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal evidence are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
              • Illegal Evidence:

Photograph of possessions in evidence locker (if applicable)

Detective Sage conducted a 10-66 on a Black Scout, RO: Estaban Castro, the driver and passenger were pulled out and detained. The passenger; Estaban Castro was arrested from the mass amount of charges placed, when searched Detective Snow found a large amount of Paraphernalia in his possession, he was charged for this on top of what he already had. When the vehicle was searched 2 Pistol .50's were found, prints were ran and the Pistol .50 with the Suppressor came back to Estaban Castro, he was also charged with this. The second firearm came back to "Benjamin Voltaire".
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
        Possessions are to be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Legal possessions that can be categorized may be grouped, eg. "Clothing" to describe all clothing items. Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible, the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: 28 grams of Marijuana Plants
          Exhibit B: 8 grams of Lysergic Acid
          Exhibit C: 8 grams of Ammonia
          Exhibit D: 8 grams of Phosphorus

Legal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: Clothing
          Exhibit B: GPS Transponder, Radio

Photograph of Possessions (MANDATORY)
    Exhibit #2: Pistol .50 + Suppressor + Fingerprint Tape
    Exhibit #3: MDC Printout of Estaban Castro Charges
    ((RP Proof))
    Exhibit #4: Detective Lafleur Witness Statement

Official Witness Statement
    "HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
    Case Information
    • Incident Date: [01/NOV/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Coral Lafleur]
      Date of Birth: [12/AUG/2000]
      Phone Number: [N/A]
    Witness Statement
    • [ On 19th October 2023, a search warrant was placed for 50 Jamestown St due to an individual exiting a house with firearms on their person. The person was later arrest and a search warrant was placed and accepted. The search warrant was performed on the same day of acceptance, to which multiple heavy weapons were found alongside drug paraphernalia - the pictures linked below within the spoiler. With this, the owner of the house came back to one Estaban Castro, which a resident was claiming to of owned the guns, however no proof of documentation for this was discovered so the charges went to the owner of the property.

INCLUDED IN EXHIBIT #7

As the charges were withheld for a short while, they were eventually placed on the 31st October, being:

WM02 - Possession of a Class 1 Firearm
      WF03 - Possession of a Class 2 Firearm
      DF01 - Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent of Sales
      DM01 - Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance
      DM03 - Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance
      DM06 - Cultivation of a Controlled Substance
      DM05 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
      WF07 - Firearms Trafficking
      WM05 - Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
      WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications

These charges were pressed and a warrant report was made regarding this individual.

On the date of 1st November 2023, Detective Sage conducted a 10-66 on one of Estaban Castro's vehicles, to where inside there were firearms found. The charges to which were duplicated were not from the same day, but from two different scenarios one being an investigation and the other being an arrest days after the removal and logging of the items removed due to the search warrant.

The proof of ownership:

INCLUDED IN EXHIBIT #6
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Coral Lafleur], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Coral Lafleur]
      [Los Santos Police Department]

Date: [06/NOV/2023]
    Exhibit #5: Detective Snow Witness Statement

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Mark Snow]
      Date of Birth: [07/04/2001]
      Phone Number: [291-3567]
    Witness Statement
    • [Estaban Castro was charged with multiple charges based on items found inside of his property following a search and seizure conducted on his property on Jamestown St. This resulted from Kredenz Willis being seen leaving the property with a firearm actively in his hand. Kredenz was followed and arrested with 3 Pistol .50's. Detective Coral Lafleur can give more details as I am not entirely sure on all of them.

During the arrest conducted on 01/NOV/2023, Estaban Castro and Benjamin Voltaire were pulled over based on the fact that Estaban had the charges on his record from the property raid. With this, a felony stop was conducted and both Estaban and Benjamin were pulled from the vehicle with Estaban being arrested for the active charges and Benjamin being detained for investigative purposes. When Estaban's Scout was searched on scene, 2 Pistol .50's were found in the glovebox one with a Suppressor on the end of it.

Fingerprints were conducted on these firearms and the one without Suppressor came back to Benjamin Voltaire, he stated that he "brushed past the weapon attempting to grab a napkin". This is not how fingerprints are left and no napkins were found in the glovebox, Benjamin was arrested for the firearm. The second pistol had no fingerprints on it and Estaban Castro was charged with it as it was inside of his personal vehicle.]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Mark Snow], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Mark Snow]
      [Police Detective]

Date: [07/NOV/2023]
    Exhibit #6: Cadet Hawthorne Witness Statement

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: Alaska Hawthorne
      Date of Birth: 12/DEC/1998
      Phone Number: 252-5903
    Witness Statement
    • Whilst I was on shift in a patrol car with Detective Mark Snow and Detective Coral LaFleur, a felony stop was conducted on a black scout which had led back to the R.O as Estaban Caro. Backup had been called to the felony stop as the registered owner was said to have had many charges on his record that he was still to be arrested for. Upon arriving to the felony stop to serve as backup, Estaban Caro had submitted himself to law enforcement with no resistance and his vehicle was searched.

After the search was conducted on the vehicle, Detective Lance Sage said to have found a pair of guns inside of the car whilst Mark Snow found Estaban Caro in the possession of drug paraphernalia. Prints were ran and one pistol .50 as well as the suppressor present on it had come back to Estaban Caro whilst the pistol .50 one led back to Benjamin Voltaire.

Estaban Caro stated that both guns belonged to him, and officers on scene questioned this to which Benjamin Voltaire responded with "my fingers brushed passed the gun when messing around in the glove box." Many of the officers on scene doubted this theory as you need to firmly grip a gun in order for the fingerprints to mark the handle. Benjamin Voltaire was very argumentative to this despite the evidence being presented and explained to him whilst Estaban Caro kept claiming it was his gun.

Benjamin Voltaire was extremely argumentative and aggressive during this stop, consistently insulting officers on scene during his arrest, e.g. Detective Mark Snow and myself, and refusing to engage in a civil conversation - refusing to get in the car and attempting to walk away when placed in cuffs which would indicate to his resistance in the arrest.

My involvement in this arrest was minimal as I only served as backup to the traffic stop and did not handle any of the arrests present on the scene itself. Any charges that had previously been placed in order to warrant this arrest I had no involvement in either.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Alaska Hawthorne, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Alaska Hawthorne
      Police Cadet, GOB
      LSPD

Date: 06/NOV/2023
    Exhibit #7: Proof of Property Ownership
    Exhibit #8: Picture Evidence Search Warrant Results

Benjamin Voltaire
  • Exhibit #A: Benjamin Voltaire Arrest Report - 31/OCT/2023

ARREST REPORT

MUGSHOT
    • SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Benjamin Voltaire
        Phone Number: 2938945
        Licenses Suspended: No
        Officers Involved:
        • Police Detective I Lance Sage
        • Police Cadet Ramon Cerbach
        • Police Detective I Mark Snow
        • Police Cadet Alaska Hawthorne
        Charges:
        • GM04 - Resisting Arrest
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE

Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • Spotted a Black scout at Strawberry Avenue that belongs to Estaban Castro with 10 warrants on him, Conducted a 10-66 and the passenger was his attorney, We searched both of them and searched the vehicle, 2 firearms were found in the car with prints on one of them that came back to Benjamin.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
        Possessions are to be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Legal possessions that can be categorized may be grouped, eg. "Clothing" to describe all clothing items. Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible, the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Possessions:

Legal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: Legal Possisisons

Photograph of Possessions (MANDATORY)
    Exhibit #B: Detective I Lance Sage's Statement

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 31/OCT/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Lance Sage
      Date of Birth: 25/SEP/1995
      Phone Number: 263-3763
    Witness Statement
    • Greetings,

On the 31st of October, I was on duty patrolling the city. As usual, I scanned plates for any warrants. I came across a vehicle belonging to Estaban Castro, who had 8 charges on his record related to a house raid by the Detective Bureau.

I pulled over the vehicle for a felony stop and requested units per our LSPD protocols. We got the driver, Benjamin Voltaire, and the passenger, Estaban Castro, out of the vehicle.

Mr. Voltaire claimed to be a lawyer and insisted on stopping the arrest, requesting a judge. We proceeded with Estaban's arrest, and Benjamin, found with nothing incriminating, was released.

I contacted JB to confirm Benjamin's employment, but they denied it. He only had a bar license, no JB badge. I investigated his lawyer impersonation because he demanded we stop the arrest, asking for a formal hearing and making requests not supported by law. If he were a real lawyer, he'd know his rights, but he showed zero knowledge of that and the penal code.

Benjamin was later let go but remained at the scene. I was informed over the radio that 2 firearms were found in the vehicle. I ran prints on both guns, one traced back to Benjamin, resulting in charges. The other, with no prints and a silencer, led to charges for Estaban for Class 1 Firearm and Weapon Modifications.

During the arrest, Benjamin was uncooperative, ran away, and was verbally aggressive. He ended up charged with Class 1 Firearm and Resisting Arrest. Both were sent to DOC to start their sentences.

EVIDENCE INCLUDED IN EXHIBIT #6
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Lance Sage, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Police Detective I Lance Sage
      Detective-In-Charge, Detective Support Unit
      Robbery-Homicide Unit, Major Crime Division
      Date: 9/NOV/2023

Exhibit #C: Detective I Mark Snow's Statement

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: [Mark Snow]
      Date of Birth: [07/04/2001]
      Phone Number: [291-3567]
    Witness Statement
    • [Reasoning for the initial stop at Legion Square: On the date of 31/OCT/2023, Estaban Castro was charged with multiple Misdemeanour and Felony charges based on items and materials found inside of his property following a search and seizure conducted on his property at Jamestown St. With this being said a Felony Stop was conducted at the intersection of Strawberry Avenue and Vespucci Boulevard directly next to the old Courthouse.

When the Felony Stop was conducted, both Benjamin Voltaire and Estaban Castro were removed from their vehicle where Estaban was arrested from the charges placed and Benjamin was legally detained for investigation. Estaban Castro's vehicle was searched where Two Pistol .50's (One of which had a Suppressor attached) were found in the vehicle. Detective Lance Sage ran fingerprints on the firearms where the Pistol .50 without the attachments had fingerprints that scanned back to Benjamin Voltaire, for this reasoning he was charged with WM02 - Possession of a Class 1 Firearm.

The reasoning for the charge of GM04 - Resisting Arrest, this charge was placed because Benjamin Voltaire was being resistant during our arrest procedure. Benjamin actively ignored our demands and went with his own, walking away from us on multiple occasions. For this reasoning he was charged with Resisting Arrest for his active resistant behaviour.]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Mark Snow], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Mark Snow]
      [Police Detective]

Date: [07/NOV/2023]

Exhibit #D: Police Officer I Alaska Hawthorne's Statement

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: Alaska Hawthorne
      Date of Birth: 12/DEC/1998
      Phone Number: 252-5903
    Witness Statement
    • Whilst I was on shift in a patrol car with Detective Mark Snow and Detective Coral LaFleur, a felony stop was conducted on a black scout which had led back to the R.O as Estaban Caro. Backup had been called to the felony stop as the registered owner was said to have had many charges on his record that he was still to be arrested for. Upon arriving to the felony stop to serve as backup, Estaban Caro had submitted himself to law enforcement with no resistance and his vehicle was searched. The same followed for Benjamin Voltaire, although he was not as complaint to this, consistently arguing with arresting officers.

After the search was conducted on the vehicle, Detective Lance Sage said to have found a pair of guns inside of the car whilst Mark Snow found Estaban Caro in the possession of drug paraphernalia. Prints were ran and one pistol .50 as well as the suppressor present on it had come back to Estaban Caro whilst the pistol .50 one led back to Benjamin Voltaire.

Estaban Caro stated that both guns belonged to him, and officers on scene questioned this to which Benjamin Voltaire responded with "my fingers brushed passed the gun when messing around in the glove box." Many of the officers on scene doubted this theory as you need to firmly grip a gun in order for the fingerprints to mark the handle. Benjamin Voltaire was very argumentative to this despite the evidence being presented and explained to him whilst Estaban Caro kept claiming it was his gun despite evidence claiming otherwise.

Benjamin Voltaire was extremely argumentative and aggressive during this stop, consistently insulting officers on scene during his arrest, e.g. Detective Mark Snow and myself, calling us "shit cops" and refusing to engage in a civil conversation - refusing to get in the car and attempting to walk away when placed in cuffs which would indicate to his resistance in the arrest.

My involvement in this arrest was minimal as I only served as backup to the traffic stop and did not handle any of the arrests present on the scene itself. Any charges that had previously been placed in order to warrant this arrest I had no involvement in either.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Alaska Hawthorne, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Alaska Hawthorne
      Patrol Officer

Date: 08/11/2023

Exhibit #E: Police Cadet Ramon Cerbach's Statement

Case Information
    Witness Information
    • Name: Ramon Cerbach
      Date of Birth: 04/APR/1997
      Phone Number: 351-4270
    Witness Statement
    • [We were on a normal ADAM patrol when my partner Mr. Sage ran a plate of a Black Scout, upon running the plate he saw that the owner of the vehicle had 10 felonies placed on his record which then proceeded to become a 10-66 I was the one who gave orders to the driver Mr. Voltaire and then the passenger which was Mr. Castro. Mr. Voltaire was then detained and Mr. Castro was placed under arrest for having the felonies placed on him. There was another guy that was over there unrelated to the situation but we had seen him pickup marked money so some units were distracted and there was a miscommunication between us that the vehicle was clear and nothing was found inside so we were on the way to impound when we heard someone over TAC channel say that there were guns inside the vehicle and one had a silencer on it. The vehicle was searched again and the two weapons were ran through the fingerprint database and it came back to Mr. Voltaire on one gun and then the other came back to Mr. Castro. The vehicle was impounded and Mr. Voltaire was then put under arrest for handling a weapon when he had no firearms license. The impound report was written by me and this is it viewtopic.php?p=709198&hilit=Castro#p709198 additionally I took my bodycam footage but not much can be seen on it other than me reading Mr. Voltaire his rights and the initial arrest on Mr. Castro attached here https://youtu.be/g9qE7XGA3WI
      ((here is the link to body cam RP https://imgur.com/JaQ8e3s)) ]
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, [Ramon Cerbach], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Ramon Cerbach]
      [Cadet]
      [Los Santos Police Departament]

Date: [01/JAN/2000]

Exhibit #F: Forensic Fingerprint Analysis
    ((Image
    Image))

John Texas
Deputy Attorney General
    Shaun Harper
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

MOTION FOR INVOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

#24-CM-0011

A Motion for Involuntary Dismissal was filed in the above case on the 4th of March, 2024.

The Defendants, Estaban Castro and Benjamin Voltaire, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Involuntary Dismissal, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: No contact
      • Detailed Explanation: The Defense cannot reach the defendants.

Chief Public Defender
    Director of Training & Hiring
    Notary Clerk
    (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
    John Texas
    Judicial Branch

Post by John Texas »

Prosecution Division

• Honorable Court Clerk McFornell,

The State has no objection to the motion put forth by the Defense.

Respectfully,

John Texas
      Deputy Attorney General
    Antonio McFornell
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

COURT DECISION

#24-CM-0011

A decision was reached in the above case on the 5th day of March, 2024.

The Court will be granting the defence's motion for involuntary dismissal as the defence has had no contact with the defendant.

The charges will remain on the defendants record.

Court Clerk
    Antonio José McFornell
    Superior Court Judge
    Training & Hiring Staff

Commend & Complain

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”