February 2024 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

February 2024 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message

Welcome to the February 2024 Press Release!
As the moon completes its cycle on the 10th of February, the transition to the Year of the Dragon has begun. This month, SADOC embraces the Eastern Culture and celebrates Lunar New Year for the first time.
SADOC PR Team wishes for all to have a year filled with opportunity and prosperity.
We have also embraced many new employees and the promotions of multiple current employees, all of which are listed in the sections below.

Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month February 2024
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Making new friends and joining different divisions! I have enjoyed broadening my skillset and pushing myself into situations I was previously uncomfortable with.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I want to join more divisions and help give back to others through FRD!

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
It can be intimidating at first but apply yourself and you will get the hang of it!

Hall of Frame
    SADOC Shining in Stars
      Those who have strolled down Vinewood Blvd in the past couple days may have noticed some new names glistening in the sun. Each one stands to honor a member of the community who has put others before themselves and made a significant impact on the San Andreas community. Initiatives like this truly embody the values of our community, acknowledging each other's sacrifices and working towards a better tomorrow.
          The SADOC was honored to see members of the department honored in this initiative for their work towards reformation and rehabilitation throughout the state. We’d also like to congratulate the members of our sister departments that were featured as well for their contributions and efforts that support our mission.

Below is the list of SADOC employees featured on the walk.
          • Kourtney Lafleur
          • Katie Schneider
          • Audrey Martin
          • Issei Schneider
          • Maximilian Speed
          • Rock Paz
          • Jimmithy Jemima
          • Oliver Dutch
          • Gina Willow
          • Randy Lee
          • Remmi Raccoon
          • Emily Whitehorse
          • Andy Tyrie
          • Jay Paige

We also would like to recognise and congratulate this department's previous Wardens; Solomon Cobb, Mark Sullivan & Ren Sanchez for also being awarded with a Star on the Walk of Fame.
          Visitation
          Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
          Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
          Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
          There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
          • No physical contact
          • No whispering
          • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
          • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
          For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
          Inmate of the Month

Joey Vespucci

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
          • Why do you do illegal things?
            • I feel there are changes that need to be made in the government that aren't happening

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
            • You guys are super understanding and take the time to know people for who they are and not their charges

• What's your least favorite thing?
            • I understand why you all have to do it, but the times when I'm just chilling and all the sudden we all get put in a cell for a long time, like I just sitting here why do I need to go into a cell

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
            • I wish there was a little bit more to do outside

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
            • Give it to back to Kourtney, there is no way I could run this place. I really enjoy it here and there isn't much I would change

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
            • My cars

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
            • Probably the terrorism and lack of care of the speed limit, but I do sometimes come here just to see yall (DOC)

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
            • No more 24-hour license suspensions. I'm not asking you take them away entirely but that is entirely too long

Get To Know SADOC's Command

ImageCommander - Galileo Czapiewski

We have decided that each month we will introduce a member of our Command Team, and help you get to know them a little better. For February, we have decided to introduce our Commander of Administration, Galileo Czapiewski.

Commander Czapiewski has been part of the San Andreas Department of Corrections for a little over a year now and has worked his way to a Command position, being appointed Commander of Administration. Galileo oversees the administrative side of DOC and is heavily involved in the Supervisor in Training program, ensuring that those who wish to join the Supervisor team are trained and ready to take up their new role. Galileo is also the Assistant Head Groundskeeper, Chief Instructor (Correctional Field Training Command), Human Resources Command and Correctional Services Command.

Galileo stated his biggest achievement within his time at the Department of Corrections was obtaining his rank within Command in August of 2023. Commander Czapiewski notes his most memorable moment at the SADOC was when Captain Randy Lee shouted for a "Code 1" over the department radio accidentally.

Commander Czapiewski's biggest challenge within the DOC is stated as being assaulted in the showers by an inmate. Other challenges he has faced during his tenure at DOC involve crashing into a missile and injuring himself. Galileo states he does not struggle much with his role but always strives to be better and train officers to be the best they can be!

Galileo's advice to anyone starting out is to just wing it! You never know what you are capable of until you leave your comfort zone.
          February Events!
            SADOC Celebrates Lunar New Year
              This month SADOC had a delightful Lunar New Year Dinner at Clappers, in the purpose of celebrating the spirit of the season, for renewal, prosperity and the infinite possibilities that the Dragon Year heralds. During the event, the staff at Clappers provided exceptional service and culinary delights, treating guests with wonderful and tasty meals, each infused with love and wishes for luck, health, and abundance in the coming year.
                  The Lunar New Year Dinner is more than just a celebration but is a showcase of culture, a chance to gather with friends and families and a collective expression of our community to join together with shared hopes and dreams stepping into a better future for the city.
                    Employee Adjustments
                    • ImageLieutenantImageCaptain
                      • #871 Randy Lee
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
                      • #692 Franz Stroheim
                      • #1025 Leo Gromer
                      • #1030 Alex Nieves
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
                      • #981 Miles Hansen
                      • #1061 Patryk Green
                      • #1063 Dwayne Richardson
                      • #1060 Elijah Harrison
                      • #1049 Russell Herts
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                      • #1062 Lewis Gensen
                      • #1066 Riley Kilgore
                      • #1069 Grace Speed

• REINSTATEMENTS
                      This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
                    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                      • #780 Maxie Speed

• TRANSFERS
                      This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
                    • ImageCorrectional Officer III
                      • #1081 Skye Luna (Departmental Transfer)
                    Correctional Officer Spotlight
                      This month, we selected Correctional Officer II Riley Kilgore for our Correctional Officer Spotlight.

• What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
                          I've only been here for about a month and already there's been so many to choose from. If I have to pick just one I'd choose a situation from the other night. A call came in from the front desk but knowing there was a problematic inmate that was due for release soon, myself and the only other officer on shift were on high alert. Long story short the person was a parkour master and ended up on one of the interior rooftops. They were eventually apprehended and I definitely got my cardio in that night.
                          Where do you see yourself in 3 months time?
                          Now that I've reached COII I'm planning on applying for the CERT Division. I'm also going to be keeping up my work in K9 and Groundskeeping. In three months I'm hoping to be at least a COIII if not an SCO and a full member of the CERT, K9, and Groundskeeping divisions.
                          What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
                          The vibes. I joined DOC expecting to deal with a lot of angry and violent individuals, and while that has absolutely happened I'm surprised by the amount of chill and cool people who get arrested. And everyone else who works at DOC are also really easy to get along with. I was expecting this to honestly just be a second job but DOC's already become like a little family to me.
                        Employee Count
                        • SADOC Officer Count
                          High Command | 5 | 7.35%
                          Warden | 1 | 1.47%
                          Deputy Warden | 2 | 2.94%
                          Assistant Warden | 2 | 2.94%
                          Command | 6 | 8.82%
                          Commander | 2 | 2.94%
                          Captain | 4 | 5.88%
                          Supervisors | 5 | 7.35%
                          Lieutenant | 3 | 4.41%
                          Sergeant | 0 | 0%
                          Corporal | 2 | 2.94%

• General Staff | 43 | 63.24%
                          Senior Correctional Officer | 9 | 13.24%
                          Correctional Officer III | 7 | 10.29%
                          Correctional Officer II | 7 | 10.29%
                          Correctional Officer I | 7 | 10.29%
                          Correctional Trainee | 13 | 19.12%
                          OTHER | 9 | 13.24%
                          Correctional Custodian Officers | 8 | 11.76
                          Law Consultants | 1 | 1.47%
                        SADOC Billboard
                        Recently Senora Freeway was blessed with a new billboard of our beloved Warden.

Here are some comments regarding the sign:
                        Kourtney LaFleur wrote: Finally a billboard to match my large ego!
                        Galileo Czapiewski wrote: Whenever I drive into Blane County I must pull over and salute the Warden's billboard in her honor
                        Phone Calls
                            When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                            Recruitment Status
                            Recruitment
                             ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                            Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                            • Age: Must be over the age of 18 and no older than 55.
                              • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                            • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                            • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                            • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD, LSSD or SAJB at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working as a Correctional Officer here at the SADOC.
                              *If applying for the position of Correctional Custodian Officer they you may be a member of another department as this position is part-time. All decisions are made & finalized by the Human Resources Command Team.
                            • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                              • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                            • Additional Requirements:
                              • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                              • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                              • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                              • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                            Closing Message from the Warden
                            And that ends our February Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                            February has been an incredibly chaotic month at Bolingbroke with a lot of dangerous situations but as shown above, even through hard times we ensure that we can persevere through it.
                            Thank you for taking your time to read this!
                            Kourtney Lafleur
                            Warden & Billboard Model
                            San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
                            Captain of Departmental Administration, Head of Public Relations
                            [email protected]

Remmi Raccoon
                              Lieutenant, Assistant Head of Public Relations
                              [email protected]

Randy Lee
                                Captain, Public Relations Command

[email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
                                  Captain of Departmental Operations