1.2) Date & Place of Birth
    • Date: 12/24/1987
      Place: Liberty City
    1.3) Contact Information
    • Address Line: N/A
      Phone Number: 4092238
    1.4) Are you a United States Citizen?
    • [✘] Yes
    1.5) Can you speak and write to others in English proficiently?
    • [✘] Yes
    1.6) Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, explain.
    • No
    1.6.1) If yes, have you gone through (or reached your second week of) the Felon Reformation Program?
    • N/A
    1.7) Please provide proof of your identification and license. (Driver's license required)
  • 2.1) Employment History
    • Company Name: Dave, Dave & Dave, P.A.
      Length of Employment: 3 years
      Title: Junior Partner
      Reason for Leaving: I was offered an in-house position that was dang near impossible to refuse.

Company Name: The Kimberly-Clark Corporation
      Length of Employment: 4 years
      Title: General Counsel
      Reason for Leaving: Retired
  • 3.1) Why are you seeking employment with the San Andreas Judicial Branch? (200 word minimum)
    • I witnessed one of the greatest acts of injustice in my thirty-seven years of life go unpunished

I flew in from Liberty City last weekend to kick off my 20th wedding anniversary. This year, my beautiful wife Nancy came up with a new way to celebrate our incredible marriage. She said, "Alan, distance makes the heart grow fonder. Why don't you go look for the legendary Los Santos Macaw?" How could I say no to such a beautiful proposition like that?!

So, I packed my bags, and got myself on the first flight to Los Santos. As the founder of B.O.O.B (Boy's Observing Outstanding Bird's) I thought myself fully prepared to find my feathery foe. And for the first two and a half days, I was hot on the beast's trail. However, after having spent all my cash on a new Endurex Race Bike, (which I named Nancy after my beautiful wife), I started doing some freelance work for S.A.D.O.T. as a member of the salvage crew to secure a steady source of income for myself. I do have about twenty-million stashed away in my savings account. But the bank says that Nancy had my access to all of our bank accounts terminated around the same time my flight would have departed from J.F.K International (what a kidder).

Anyways, during my short time with the salvage crew, I've found myself in a leadership position. The guys really look to me for guidance. As such, I do my best to repay their confidence in me by being a zealous advocate for them. In fact, I've finally been able to schedule a meeting with the receptionist to talk about getting our guys actual hard-hats as opposed to the plastic ones HQ gets us from Party City. I'll tell ya, if there's one thing Alan B. Gooding is good at, it's getting things done. So, given that I'm the leader, imagine the horror I experienced when I witnessed one of the finest roadworkers this city has ever seen, Richard Heads, be denied the justice he so clearly deserved.

It happened yesterday, 2/21/24. After returning to S.A.D.O.T. HQ., we parked our trucks off to the side of the road as per our SOPs. That evening, the team was working like a well oiled machine. Spirits were high, and cars were being salvaged at record pace. However, that machine broke down when one of the new guys intentionally rammed his truck into the truck that Richard, myself, and three other salvage crew members were in. Our truck was sent barreling into the free-way causing everyone in our truck, minus the driver, to fly out of the vehicle. The criminal then drove his truck onto the free-way, and ran Richard over; he was out cold. We thought this fiend was going to get away with it too, until we saw that the boys in blue were just down the free-way; having certainly seen the events which had just transpired. We all begin to cheer as Los Santos finest pulled up, and put Richard in their vehicle. But to our dismay, justice was never served. The cops did not arrest the criminal; they didn't even talk to him. When I pressed the officers about this, they simply blew off my concerns, and took Richard to the hospital. Richard was charged for the medical care he received, and wasn't even provided pain medication following the incident. To say I was livid would be an understatement. I'm still fuming.

Despite having just retired, I'm still a licensed attorney back home in Liberty City. I wasn't planning on doing any legal work while I was in Los Santos as I wanted to invest all my attention to finding the Los Santos Macaw. But after last night's events? I can no longer stand idly by and allow the good citizens of Los Santos to experience what Richard Hands experienced.
    3.2) Please provide a short biography about yourself that highlights why you should be selected from other candidates. (150 word minimum)
    • In 2013, I graduated magnum cum laude from Princeton Law. Afterwards, I sat for, and passed, the July 2013 Liberty City Bar Exam. I retired four years ago. However, I have, combining legal internships throughout my time in law school, and post-grad employment, about ten years of working experience. Three with a criminal defense firm, four as general counsel for the Kimberly-Clark Corporation. During my time as a practicing attorney, I lost two cases. Both losses having occurred in connection with the Kimberly-Clark Corporation's Depend (TM) line of adult diapers. See Trump v. Kimberly-Clark Corp., 233 f.2d 0213 (2019). It was these losses that took the wind out of my sail. And my passion for the law died. However, this most recent incident with Richard Heads has reignited the flames of justice within me. And that flame burns brighter than ever.
    3.3) Describe yourself in one word and explain why that word describes you best. (75 word minimum)
    • "Depend:" Just like the line of adult diapers that I was once paid thousands of dollars to zealously advocate for. Alan B. Gooding is a man that you can count on when the stuff hits the fan. Like Depend's (TM), I'm time tested, and proven effective with adults across all age, race, and genders. With Alan B. Gooding on a case, client's can rest assured that there is no amount of crap the opposition could throw at me that will break me. Like those comfortable coochie coochie cooshions, I'm water-proof; white tears won't fool me.
    3.4) How did you hear about this position?
    • This week, while cleaning another accident with the salvage crew. A fine Italian man named David Coast passed by and stopped to have a chat with us. He asked me to enter his house on wheels after I told him to be careful while driving. I didn't want him to end up like the guy we were actively peeling off of the pavement! He must have misheard me, because he thought I was threating him. Well, while we sat on his dead grandmothers sofa, he told me about becoming an attorney. And, I knew lady justice really wanted me back in action when, the next day while keeping the streets clean with the salvage crew, Witt McMulligan talked to me about the law school program that the judicial branch offered!
  • 4.1) Eclipse Forum Details: 4.2) Please provide a screenshot of your /stats on this character. 4.3) Are you a member of any factions? If so, which faction and character.
    • No
    4.4) Have you ever had an admin punishment with this, or any character on Eclipse? If yes, please explain:
    • N/A
    4.5) Please provide an unedited screenshot(s) of the Eclipse game panel with your 'Admin Logs' and 'My Character' sections. 4.6) Please provide your Discord name.
    • SilentSword
  • 5.1) Player Information
      Timezone: EST
    5.2) Do you have a working microphone?
    • [✘] Yes
    5.3) Do you currently play on any other GTA-RP servers and are you in any faction positions there? If yes, please state the servers and factions you are a part of:
    • No
    5.4) Do you affirm that the entirety of your application is written by you, with no assistance from AI essay-generation tools?
    • Yep
    5.5) Do you have additional Information about yourself that you consider beneficial to the branch?
    • God Bless America, and God Bless the Salvage Crew
Last edited by AlanBGooding on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Vespucci
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: [Law Student Application] Alan Gooding

Post by David Vespucci »

APPLICATION RECEIVED
Mr. Gooding,

The San Andreas Judicial Branch Employment team has RECEIVED your employment application. We thank you for your interest in joining our branch. We will review the application, evaluate your qualifications and conduct a thorough background check. After this we will get back to you with an answer. Please be patient as this could take some time to complete. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Public Defense Attorney
San Andreas Judicial Branch
(909) 593-1338— [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: McFornell

SAJB Awards

Re: [Law Student Application] Alan Gooding

Post by Antonio McFornell »

APPLICATION DENIED
Mr. Gooding,

The San Andreas Judicial Branch Recruitment team has reviewed your application, qualifications, and performed a background check. We regret to inform you that your application has been DENIED, see below for reason(s). Please feel free to reapply in 30 days.

The reason(s) for your denial are as followed;
  • The contents of the application are highly unprofessional and display a lack of deference towards the legal profession.
If you are unsure of our Employment Requirements & Recruitment Information, you can read about them here.

Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Clerk - Administrative Office
San Andreas Judicial Branch
(909) 553-8869 — [email protected]
Antonio José McFornell
Superior Court Judge
Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Chairman of the Bar Ethics Review Board
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Code of Ethics | Bar Licensing Office | Become an Attorney
State Constitution | Penal Code

Return to “SAJB - Denied Applications”