[Judicial Newsletter] January 2024

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Chief Justice

• Chief Justice Judith Mason
    Citizens of San Andreas,

The beginning of the year for the San Andreas Judicial Branch has brought a reflection of both our accomplishments and shortfalls throughout the previous year. During this extensive audit, we look to identify specific areas within our current policies and procedures that are in need of redevelopment in order to best set our goals and priorities for the year. While we have identified a number of areas with the potential for growth, our initial priorities have pointed us inward towards the current documentation and training for new members of the branch, which we have begun addressing with active development of a completely reworked employee handbook and training sessions to better support the dedicated attorneys and paralegals that work within our branch.

Another area of focus has been the overall rank structure of the Judicial Branch and the level of autonomy each division operates under. A key distinction that was made a couple of weeks ago was the elevation of the ranks of Attorney General and Chief Public Defender from Command to High Command. This significant and long-overdue change helps to recognize and support the leaders of the Prosecution Division and Public Defense Division by placing them on equal footing with the Supreme Court Justices in the hierarchy of the branch. We hope to empower those within these positions to affect meaningful change within their respective divisions without the unnecessary burdens of bureaucracy that come with our previous rank structure and trust that the high level of leadership capabilities of the Attorney General and Chief Public Defender will lead to continued success.

On a more unfortunate note, it is with deep admiration and appreciation that I share with you several resignations which have just recently been filed by a number of senior members of the Judicial Branch. Superior Court Judge Robert Winejudge, Attorney General Hope Kant, Senior Prosecuting Attorney Kendall Groyce, and Senior Prosecuting Paralegal Lynn Foster have all dedicated countless hours towards the betterment of the branch and the effective administration of justice and I truly cannot thank them enough for their longtime efforts within their respective roles. I wish each of them well and best wishes for whatever may come next.

Though we are saddened with recent resignations, we look to the future with promise and share that our recent employment numbers are on the up-tick overall. In addition to several promising new hires over the past few weeks, I am pleased to share that we have also seen several reinstatements from former members of the branch, including former Judge Roy Duke-Judge and former Associate Justice Bret Hyland. Though much has changed since their departure from the branch, I am confident in their abilities to administer justice in all cases that will cross their desk.

On a final note, I would simply like to say that while the Judicial Branch has faced numerous challenges over the past several months due to a variety of factors, our dedication to justice remains resolute and we will be doing everything in our power to ensure all citizens have quick and easy access to the services we offer. I trust that this year will bring a renewed invigoration towards the core of pursuits and I look forward to a year of great prosperity.

Chief Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Notices
  • Chief Public Defender, CommandChief Public Defender, High Command
    • Shaun Harper
    Attorney General, CommandAttorney General, High Command
    • Hope Kant
    CivilianSuperior Court Judge
    • Bret Hyland (Reinstatement)
    • Roy Duke-Judge (Reinstatement)
    Prosecuting AttorneySenior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Kendall Groyce
    Prosecuting ParalegalSenior Prosecuting Paralegal
    • Al Triton
    Senior Defense ParalegalSenior Prosecuting Paralegal
    • Lynn Foster
    Senior Prosecuting ParalegalProsecuting Attorney
    • Al Triton
    Defense AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Mary Burrows
    Junior Defense AttorneyDefense Attorney
    • Mary Burrows
    • David Coast
    Junior Prosecuting AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Hudson McNamara
    Law StudentJunior Defense Attorney
    • Frank Raven
    • Jimmy Hamilton
    • Julien Rocklopher
    Law StudentJunior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Michael Paul
    • Rowin Lawson
    CivilianLaw Student
    • Julien Rocklopher
    • Rowin Lawson
    • Frank Raven
    CivilianJunior Paralegal
    • Ella Alvarez
Prosecution Employee of the Month

Prosecution Employee of the Month
  • For the month of January Associate Justice Colt Daniels would like to recognize Al Triton as the Prosecution Divisions Employee of the Month.

• Prosecuting Attorney Triton
    Public Relations David Coast wrote:Today, it is with great pleasure and admiration that we gather to honor our Employee of the Month, Al Triton.

Many of you may know Al as the friendly face from the Judicial Branch, initially starting as a Paralegal. However, it's not just his professional journey that makes him stand out, but the remarkable leap he made when the tide turned against us within the Judicial Branch. When our team faced a crisis, Al didn't hesitate to step up and take on a new role, transitioning from a Paralegal to an Attorney overnight to support the Judicial Branch and the rest of us during our time of need.

Al is amazing at all that he does. His positive attitude, willingness to lend a helping hand, and good energy make him not just a valuable colleague but also a great friend to many of us.

So, let's raise our glasses to Al Triton, our Prosecution Divisions Employee of the Month, a shining example of dedication, adaptability, and all-around awesomeness. Thank you, Al, for everything you do, and congratulations on this well-deserved recognition!
Public Defense Employee of the Month

Public Defense Employee of the Month
  • For the month of January Chief Public Defender Shaun Harper would like to recognize David Coast as the Public Defense Divisions Employee of the Month.

• Public Defense Attorney Coast
    Chief Public Defender Shaun Harper wrote:Since joining the Defense division on December 16th, Attorney Coast has illustrated an amazing work ethic and devotion to his part. His impact is striking not just inside the Defense Division but also expands to his proactive involvement in Public Relations, exhibiting a commitment to cultivating positive connections and contributing to the in general well-being of our community. We appreciate his commitments and look forward to seeing his proceeded development and success inside our division.
Special Mention

• Superior Court Judge Hyland
    Superior Court Judge, Bret Hyland wrote: I enrolled in the University of Vice City, with a primary focus on law, quickly finding my true desires lie within Criminal Law, graduating with Magna Cum Laude. Immediately following university I became a clerk in the Appellant Court of Vice City under Judge Alberts. Working under Judge Alberts for 4 years as his clerk I later progressed to working as an attorney in the criminal court working for K. Rosenberg & Co serving as a criminal defense attorney. During my time serving the citizens of Vice City, I became aware of ties that Mr. Rosenberg had to organized crime, and upon gaining this knowledge I immediately resigned my post and took a sabbatical to review my career choice.

During my time off my mentor and friend Judge Alberts was killed, upon his death the Chief Justice of Vice City reached out and requested I take over his position and continue to serve the city. I continue to serve as Appellant Judge for one of the Courts in Vice City for 23 years, becoming a long-serving member and gaining experience working directly with the Chief Justice and District Attorney on many cases over my tenure.

After 23 years of service, I retired from service and moved to the beach to enjoy the sun and sand. I was contacted by the now Chief Justice of Vice City Stating he heard that San Andreas is looking for help creating and managing their own Justice Department as prior to this they had struggled to get the framework and team put together. I immediately started work on creating the documents to facilitate the creation of this new Justice Department, ensuring that whilst serving the public it will also not inhibit local law enforcement. I successfully created an entire Handbook, sentencing guidelines, and an education program to start the training of new attorneys.

Approximately a year after successfully founding the San Andreas Judicial Branch I returned to retirement turning the branch over to Colt Daniels and Judith Mason. I resumed my relaxation in Vice City enjoying my beach views and the warm sun.

Come to the present day where I received a request from Governor Lewis Langley requesting I return to San Andreas and assist with the Superior court, as there had been some hurdles. I am astounded by the work of my previous students and their efforts to completely re-work the system and turn it into a far superior, working form than I had ever dreamed of. I am excited to return and help Chief Justice Mason, and Associate Justice Daniels in their endeavor to provide the best possible Judicial Branch to the people of this fine state.

Recruitment Event
Closing Message

• Public Relations, David Coast
    Dear Citizens of San Andreas,
As we end the month of January I'm delighted to extend my heartfelt congratulations to our outstanding employees of the month in the January edition of the San Andreas Judicial Branch newsletter. In the realm of Prosecution, let us recognize the dedication of Al Triton, when everything felt like a loss Al stepped up for the branch and transferred from a Senior Paralegal to an attorney, he was one of the reasons we still could function properly alongside other members like Mary Burrows transferring divisions. In the Public Defense division, we commend the unwavering commitment of David Coast, I don't want to say much regarding this fine gentleman since, he is me. Their contributions set a standard of excellence this month, inspiring us all.

These recognitions aren’t just for our department but also for you, the public, you can see which individuals are the most effective in upholding holding justice this month. Remember without our beloved Judges and Attorneys, we would not be able to support the public of Los Santos.

As we move through the month of January and into the rest of the year, we look back on the month to remember the people who left the family at our branch and recognize what they did for us, however, we also look towards the future focusing on forever changing for the better and growing as a branch.

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement, without the citizens of San Andreas. We would not be able to pursue justice to the best ability.

Wishing you all a wonderful January and a prosperous start to the new year ahead. I look forward to seeing what comes in February.

I would also like to invite you all to the Recruitment Event on Saturday!

Public Defense Attorney
    (909) 593-1338— [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”