Sheriff's Newsletter - December 2023

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - December 2023

Post by Amelia Clark »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    As we begin to head into the new year, I would like to express my gratitude to every one of you. The community of Los Santos has faced its fair share of challenges, but through the resilience and teamwork of its people, it makes it all worth it. I encourage you to set positive intentions for the coming year, whether promoting safety awareness or embarking on projects that benefit all citizens of Los Santos - your contributions matter.

I would like to personally thank all our local heroes. The individuals in our community who are providing crucial services that are not always recognized. I want to start by saying thank you to all law enforcement, emergency services, and everyone else who has worked closely with the Los Santos Sheriff's Department throughout this year. Your dedication is the backbone of our community, and thank you for your unwavering commitment and endless efforts.

Let's continue to look out for one another, create a safer environment, and make Los Santos a place we're proud to call home. God bless and stay safe.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    -
    -
    -
    -
DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Deputy Sheriff II Hans Waltz
    On the 21st of November 2023, Hans Waltz was reinstated back into the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. Originally, Waltz transferred from the Los Santos Police Department in June 2022, and since then, he has proven to be a trustworthy deputy and a hard worker. Deputy Waltz is currently a part of the Recruitment and Employment Division, Field Training Division, Air Support Division, and the Highway Enforcement Division where he daily conducts his duties with professionalism and respect. We are happy to announce Waltz as the Deputy of the Month of December 2023 and we are excited to see what the future has in store for him!

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Sheriff's Department in 2022 on the 1st of June.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    The most favorite thing is my coworkers. I couldn't imagine myself in this department without them.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    Each day in this department is memorable in different ways, but the most memorable moments are my ASD trainings and ground patrols with Lieutenant Archer or Captain McJohnson.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I transferred from the LSPD to LSSD just because I started to get bored of the city and the people in the department. I decided that I needed a change of scenery and I transferred without hesitation. Also, I became a deputy for the ability to help others in need.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling is that I can serve and provide help to the community when in need.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    In two months I see myself becoming a Deputy Sheriff III and joining more divisions to progress in this department.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Outside work, I like to grab the keys to my vehicle and just drive around the city with no destination while observing the surroundings.

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT
  • Legal Affairs Division

The Legal Affairs Division plays a multifaceted role within our organization. Its responsibilities encompass supporting extended prosecution services, offering legal support and counselling to the department and its employees, crafting and recommending legislation to the law review committee, leveraging its extensive expertise in legal matters. Furthermore, the division is tasked with curating significant legal cases and conducting thorough analyses of them.

Commander Olson wrote:A year ago, I initiated the Legal Affairs division, in collaboration with former Commander Steve Smyth. Our journey has proven to be exceptionally productive, with periods of high activity interspersed with quieter times. Throughout this journey, I firmly believe that we have made significant contributions and introduced crucial interventions that have positively impacted the department.
    OJ Wood, Civilian Employee wrote:From a civilian's perspective, the Legal Affairs Division within the Sheriff's Department plays a crucial role in ensuring that justice prevails and that the department operates within the bounds of the law. This division's expertise serves as a safety net, assuring that investigations and policies are carried out fairly and legally. Commander Olson is extremely professional and upholds this division to high standards. Although it is currently a small department, it is effective and closely collaborates with the Judicial Branch to ensure that all evidence is available for a fair trial.
    Attorney General Hope Kant wrote:Since it's inception, the Legal Affairs Division supported the Judicial Branch and in turn the Prosecution Division. Most civilians see the docket, but not the case work and time that goes in behind the scenes. The Legal Affairs Division specifically gathers all necessary information for the Prosecution to find the defendant guilty. They respond to our every request, whether it be more witness statements, CCTV, bodycam, pictures, etc.

However, it's not only about the items provided or requests answered. It is about the content and the collaboration between departments that is at the heart of why the LAD and Prosecution Division work so well together. In tandem we have dismissed cases with reasonable cause, pushed for charges on repeat offenders, and upheld the law to the best of our abilities.

Joe Olson in conjunction with the rest of the LAD and LSSD have created an environment where civilians and Government workers can feel confident in their local Law Enforcement Agency. As Attorney General, I am happy to get to work with people passionate about upholding the law and dedicated to justice. I have nothing but kind words to say about a department that has worked so actively with the Prosecution on each and every case. Thank you for all that you do!

-
DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Deputy Sheriff III Al Hollyrock
    Deputy Al Hollyrock graduated from the Los Santos Sheriff's Department's Academy on the 1st of July 2023. During his time within the department, he has worked hard to reach the point he is today. Earlier this month, Deputy Hollyrock was promoted to Deputy Sheriff III for his conduct and trustworthiness. Deputy Hollyrock is currently a member of the Field Training Division and the Air Support Division and is working every day to conduct his duties to the best of his abilities. We are excited to be able to place Deputy Hollyrock under the Deputy Spotlight and to see what he has in store for the future!

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the Los Santos Sheriff's Department on July 1st, 2023

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    I enjoy helping the public from people who have just flown into the city to the seasoned. When time permits I do enjoy conversation and engagement in city activities, from raffles to nightclubs.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    There was this time when multiple gang members 30+ were swarming LSSD and the forest surrounding it. There was a shoot-out between the two groups and we had to clean it up.. we spotted a 4x occupied kamacho that was seen to have heavys. Cliff has to neutralize a bad buy from a helicopter through the driver's window of a moving vehicle with 1 shot. The crowd all yelled and took cover at the sound of the shot.. Absolutely wild

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I became a deputy to serve the great people of Los Santos because I have a dream of joining SED one day. When u worked at GOV we had to request assistance from SED for something classified. When they pulled up their training took over. I knew right away I wanted to be in that group.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    Helping the citizens and Interacting with the general public. And doing my job the right way. Anyone who's had interactions with me from a law-abiding citizen to a hardened criminal knows I keep my cool and treat people with respect.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I'd love to be in SED like I said they are one of the pinnacles of LSSD and I can't wait to throw my hat into the selection and see if I have what it takes.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Hunting, fishing,4x4, swimming at the lake. I enjoy sports cars and good laughs..I love a good party and generally just like to laugh and have a good time

-
PROMOTIONS

• Image Commander ► Image Assistant Sheriff
    • Tyrone Balakay
    Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Oscar Black
    • Trent Williams
    Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Amelia Clark
    Image Investigator III ►Image Lieutenant
    • Zero Hunter
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Tom Brown
    • Cliff Derringer
    Image Sergeant
    • Lilliana Howell (Transfer)
    Image Investigator I ► Image Investigator II
    • Matthew Handley
    Image Investigator I
    • April Harlowe (Transfer)
    Image Master Deputy
    • Dave Spencer (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Leif Helgarson
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Nica Dumitru
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Blaise Lennox
    • Zara Murray
    • Al Hollyrock
    Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Jack Mcall (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Hunter Parker
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Harbanz Chadda
    • Lester Conway
    ImageDeputy Sheriff Trainee
    • Bryan Nunez
    • Jake Barley
    • Tim Ford
    • Jack Barks
    • William Club
    • Stefan Dobrev
    • Jack Handley (Reinstatement)
    • Anakin Bauer
    • Caleb Struss
    • Henry Mitchell
    • Nico Fuenza
    • Harper Flynn
    • Marbella Amara

-
MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • What would you want people to say about you at your retirement party?
  • Lieutenant Amelia Clark wrote:To be completely honest, I want to be able to sit at my retirement party and think back on my time within the Los Santos Sheriff's Department and all the Deputy Sheriff Trainees and regular deputies I assisted and supported when they needed it the most. I hope to be able to see my deputies again and see their accomplishments, and hear their stories, hoping that I was one of the key individuals supporting them.
    Sergeant Salvatore DiMeo wrote:Yeah I got a couple of things I'd like to be said about me. First off, something we call each other back home when you know a guy and they're a part of this thing of ours, they're a good fella, ya know they're goodfellas. I'd like to be known as a good fella after I move on.
    Deputy Sheriff II Al Hollyrock wrote:What would I want people to say at my retirement party:
    I'm going to miss you AL been a pleasure working with you
    Thought you would never leave.
    About time
    AL was one of the most easy-going, lucky members of the department
    Deputy Sheriff III Blaise Lennox wrote:That I was their stepping stone to make them rise and improve upon themselves. The road that paved their way and guided them to success. The person who brought light to every room he entered. And personally, a father figure because everyone looks up to their fathers and learns from them and is always sure that they will always be there to guide, care, and support for them.
    Deputy Sheriff I Harbanz Chadda wrote:I would like for people to mention my accomplishments and my success at my retirement party. I would like for them to talk about how I helped them with their careers in LSSD, my plan is to join FTD and RED soon once I reach DS2 so I am aiming for how the recruitment process was for them, how I helped them progress further and also talk about the good times we had.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE
  • Thank you so much for reading the December 2023 newsletter. The Sheriff's Department hopes that everyone had a fantastic holiday season. We are so excited for 2024 and we cannot wait to see what the year brings us! The Sheriff's Information Division plans to host numerous events for the public, so keep your eyes peeled in our newsroom for future updates!

If you are interested in joining the Sheriff's Department, our recruitment is currently open! Further information can be found on our job opportunities page. Have a happy New Year!
CONTACT INFORMATION

Assistant Sheriff Tyrone Balakay
    (909) 403-2092 — [email protected]

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Public Relations Strategist Oj Wood
    (909) 452-3997 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark