[NEWSLETTER #22] SASG Updates - November

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
State Government
ECRP Forum Name:

[NEWSLETTER #22] SASG Updates - November

Post by State Government »

Introduction
We are excited to bring you the latest updates and insights on the initiatives, policies, and achievements of our government as we continue our commitment to serving and enriching the lives of our citizens. This newsletter serves as a bridge of communication, connecting you with the important work happening throughout our state and offering you a glimpse into the impact we are making at the San Andreas State Government.
New Employees
When employees join the San Andreas State Government, we ask them a crucial question: why did they choose to join the government? We then share their answers with the public to provide insight into the kind of impact these individuals wish to make on the future and development of our city. Here are quotes received from our new employees:
Huw Parry, Government Security Bureau wrote:
I was looking for a new challenge where I could use my experience from the Sheriff's Department. I heard that an old friend, who I was working with at the time, and have done since 2021, was leaving for a role within the Government Security Bureau. I decided to put my name with his and help out, since doing so, I have enjoyed the job and assisted in the daily task of securing the Government Personnel so they feel safe while working, within a safe environment.
Freddie Wilson, Government Security Bureau wrote:
I joined SAGOV with a profound commitment to the safety and security of San Andreas. Having worked as a mechanic and driver, I've witnessed the challenges our community faces. Joining GSB is my way of directly impacting the safety measures in place and contributing to the protection of our city, its officials and the citizens. My experiences have fuelled my passion for ensuring a secure environment, and I'm eager to bring a fresh perspective to the bureau. Being part of GSB is not just a career move; it's a commitment to safeguarding the well-being of our fellow government officials and citizens. I look forward to actively contributing to the mission of GSB and making a positive difference in San Andreas.
Recent Releases
PRESS RELEASE #65: Business Licensing Bureau - Non-profit Organizations and License Changes
24 November, 2023
San Andreas State Government

Introduction

Citizens of San Andreas,

The Business Licensing Bureau, and the San Andreas State Government, as a whole, are pleased to announce the introduction of accommodations in business licensing processes for Non-profit Organizations. The work on Non-profit Organizations was originally proposed by previous Public Relations Director Solomon Cobb, and has been a project that has culminated in the joint efforts of many individuals.

In line with our commitment to continually review our services, amendments have been made to the GRBL:02 - Firearms Retailer license and GRBL:08 - Marine Fuel Retailer license. These amendments stem from a desire to bring them in line with recent Law Review Committee Changes regarding firearms, and to make marine fuel a more sustainable industry.
Non-profit Organizations

The Business Licensing Bureau recognizes that San Andreas is currently home to several businesses that provide non-profit services to the state, and that the work that they do, benefits many of the citizens who live here. The San Andreas State Government hopes to continue to bolster these unique business avenues and believes that adding provisions to our business licensing processes to accommodate them is a great step in furthering the work that they are already doing.

What Is A Non-profit Organization?

A non-profit organization (NPO), also known as a non-business entity, not-for-profit organization, and sometimes a charity, is a legal entity organized and operated for a collective, public or social benefit. This is in contrast to entities that operate as businesses aiming to generate profit for their owners. Examples of non-profits can include, but are not limited to:
  • Churches
  • Schools
  • Political Organizations
  • Social/Community hubs (e.g. community centre)
  • Business associations (Areas for business networking and guidance)
The main aspects of non-profits are accountability, trustworthiness, honesty, and openness to every person who has invested time, money, and faith into the organization. They are accountable to the donors, founders, volunteers, program recipients, and the public community. Non-profit Organizations do not always have to make a loss, but instead the goal of non-profits should be seen as to not specifically to maximize profits, and instead to operate as a fiscally responsible business.

How Do Non-profit Organizations Work?

Non-profit Organizations can be registered in the same manner as other businesses, but specified by checking the "non-profit organization" box on our business registration form. Once the business registration has been approved, Non-profit Organizations will not have to apply for business licences in order to help limit the financial burden of running the company, so that more of their capital can be reinvested into projects that help the state.

Non-profit Organizations, instead, must keep a record, and submit a Donation Declaration Form on their business registration each time a donation is made. Individuals may instead opt to share a private document with the Business Licencing Bureau, which they update regularly instead, if they would prefer. This declaration is important to ensure the non-profit is acting as declared, as well as giving transparency in the donations themselves.
Business Licensing Director, Marc Ericsson wrote:
I am delighted to have continued the work on Non-profit Organizations and brought it to fruition, and I am even more privileged to be able to share these accommodations with the state. The Business Licensing Bureau continually works to ensure the private and voluntary sector of San Andreas is as robust as it can be, and I firmly believe this is a huge step forward for our state.

The work that various Non-profit Organizations do throughout the state is integral to us, and giving them the ability to continue to do that work was important to us as we finalized this initiative. We hope that the concession in business licensing fees and registrations, helps provide extra breathing room to these organizations so that they can then in turn feed even more back into the great state of San Andreas.
Firearms Retailer and Marine Fuel Retailer Licencing Amendments

The Business Licensing Bureau has worked with Marine Fuel Retailers across the state to review the impact the licence has had on business. As a result of these talks the GRBL:08 - Marine Fuel Retailer licence has been modified with the monthly cost reduced. This has been done to help elevate the financial strain these business face, while also ensuring that marine fuel remains affordable across the state.

The business licence of GRBL:02 - Firearms Retailer has been amended after recent legislation changes by the Law Review Committee. These changes ensure that only appropriate weapon attachments may be sold by firearm retailers, further strengthening the changes by the LRC by ensuring no business licence loopholes exist.

GRBL:02 - Firearms Retailer
Any business selling firearms, weapon attachments, ammunition or heavy-duty melee weapons must obtain a Firearms Retailer license.
  • License Fee:
    * There is a monthly cost of $40,000 for this license.

Restrictions & Requirements:
    * Ownership of a Firearms Store.
    * All staff must possess a valid firearms license at all times.
    * Must be actively trading under The San Andreas State Government.
    * Only attachments that are approved for import to gun stores are permitted to be sold.

Violations:
    * Failure to inform Law Enforcement of bulk firearm purchases is considered a moderate breach of licensing conditions.
    * 3 repeated minor offences are considered a moderate breach of licensing conditions.
    * Selling weapons to a firearm-licensed individual who has expressed intent to use the weapon unlawfully is considered a major breach of licensing conditions along with a property removal and a business termination.
    * Selling unregistered weapons is considered a major breach of licensing conditions along with a property removal and a business termination.
    * Selling illegally imported weapon attachments is considered a major breach of licensing conditions along with a property removal and a business termination.
    * Selling firearms to individuals without a firearm license is considered a major breach of licensing conditions along with a property removal and a business termination.
    * 5 repeated minor offences or 3 moderate offences are considered a major breach of licensing conditions along with a property removal and a business termination.

Herrman Wolff,
    Interim Deputy Director| Public Relations Bureau
    [email protected]

Marc Ericcson,
    Director | Business Licensing Bureau
    [email protected]
PRESS RELEASE #66: Appointment of the new Los Santos Custom CEO
25 November, 2023

• Citezens of San Andreas,

The San Andreas State Government has the pleasure to announce that Liam Binnie has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer for Los Santos Customs. Liam Binnie has three years of experience under his tool belt and has sat as the Interim CEO for Los Santos Customs, solidifying his strong knowledge of the business.

The hiring period for Chief Executive Officer saw over forty applicants apply for the role, and took place over several months, to ensure each applicant was considered carefully. It is with the culmination of this process that the San Andreas State Government has confidently chosen Liam Binnie to fill that role and believe that he will continue to prove himself as he moves Los Santos Customs forward.

Chief Executive Officer Binnie worked hard with the staff of Los Santos Customs, during the interim period, to ensure operations continued, and that conditions continued to improve at Los Santos Customs. It is through this hard work that Liam Binnie showed the state of his capabilities and the potential he had to become Chief Executive Officer.

Los Santos Customs CEO, Liam Binnie wrote:
    I am thrilled to be announced as the new owner of Los Santos Customs and I want to thank the board of governors, and the San Andreas State Government, for the opportunity that I have been given. Even more importantly, I want to thank the hard-working staff of LSC who have continued to help the business grow, and who have stood beside me during my duration as Interim CEO.

I am confident that we have the right plan to help bring stability to LSC, and to start to see it grow into new heights. The first step we will look at, is to add more trainers to our roaster, as well as, bringing in a new system for training. This should help us onboard individuals more efficiently, and will ensure that we can move onto focusing on hiring. We hope that we can bring in more individuals via on the spot hiring and various other recruitment events, which will showcase the fantastic workplace we have.

Once LSC has become more structured and stable, we can start to look towards the future which has been important to me, as it's how we can continue to push LSC into a new phase. These new bonds, include looking at a franchising model where we have two subsidiary companies working under us, to cover the greater area of Los Santos. I have no doubt that as we continue to head in that direction, the mechanics of LSC will continue to show their versatility, and determination.

I can't wait to see you all in Bay 1, when you need us!

Govenor, Lewis Langley wrote: Liam Binnie has been integral to the continued operation of Los Santos Customs, during his time as Interim Chief Executive Officer. His commitment and love for LSC has made him a natural choice to be appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer. I can't wait to continue to work with Liam Binnie, as he brings more stability to Los Santos Customs and takes it into new areas. I am genuinely excited to see what the future holds.

I want to thank every individual that applied, it was excellent to see the large interest that the citizens of the state have, for improving our mechanic services. I also want to personally thank the hard-working staff of Los Santos Customs for their unwavering commitment during our interim period.

Governor Lewis Langley

Governor Samuel Osborn

Governor Jason Castillo
Thanksgiving Festivities

Thursday the 23rd of November saw our great state celebrate another Thanksgiving, and saw the citizens come together to show their appreciation for one another. Thanksgiving is a time to immerse yourself in family and friends and show your gratitude to one another, and to be thankful for the things you have in your life. Each year it's warming to see the sights across the state as the citizens band together and put on numerous events and pop-ups.

On the 22nd of November, a Barbecue was held by the Lost Motorcycle Club at stab city, which saw a great turnout of people descending to grab some delicious meats and dance the night away. Although technically a Thanksgiving eve BBQ, the night was filled with gratitude and comradery, which this state is known for.

The San Andreas State Government also hosted a Thanksgiving Giveaway on the lawn of city hall, where it gave away free sandwiches and soda to all in attendance, as well as had a free raffle for a monstrocitti. DJ Asbonomical was in attendance and blasted the tunes for those who wanted to dance, whilst a cozy firepit at the opposite end of the lawn roared away for anyone who wanted a little more relaxing atmosphere.

Events like this are all about bringing people together, and there is no more fitting time of year than Thanksgiving to band together. It's amazing to see every citizen come down to each event and take part, and it's with no doubt that December will be even better as people get into the Christmas spirit.

November In Pictures
► Show Spoiler
Promotions
We are thrilled to share exciting news from the San Andreas State Government! Over the past month, we have witnessed numerous individuals within our organization receive well-deserved promotions. With each step, they assume increased responsibilities, enabling them to make a more significant impact on the City of Los Santos.

Appointments
  • Elian Ramos, Interim Security Director
  • Huw Parry, Special Agent
  • Freddie Wilson, Junior Agent
  • Dave Spencer, Junior Agent
Intern ► Interim Deputy Director
  • Herrman Wolff, Public Relations Bureau
Appointment of New Command

The San Andreas State Government continues to strengthen its command team and has two additional new appointments in the month of November that it is very pleased to announce. Elian Romas has been appointed as the new Interim Security Director for the Government Security Bureau, and Herrman Wolff has been promoted to Interim Deputy Director for the Public Relations Bureau.

Elias Ramos joins the San Andreas State Government after a long and distinguished career with the Los Santos Sheriffs Department. The experience that Security Director Ramos brings to the role is second to none, and it's with this experience that he hopes to redefine the Government Security Bureau. Director Ramos, in particular, has a long and decorated history in the Special Enforcement Detail in which he positively collaborated to improve the division and its processes.

Herrman Wolff has been appointed as the new Interim Deputy Director of the Public Relations Bureau after proving his commitment during his time at the San Andreas State Government. Interim Deputy Director Wolff has experience in interacting with the public, event planning, and writing due to his roles in Weazel News as the Director of Media, and at the Department of Corrections.
Interim Securiy Director, Elian Ramos wrote:
I had served the Sheriff Department for several years in many aspects from a experienced field training deputy to a command and instructor background within the tactical team called S.E.D. I had learnt and grew up within this role and environment's, which shaped me to be the person I am today.

Governor Langley reached out to me after speaking with some of my senior colleagues in regards to Head Hunting me for this role, as I was ready for a new challenge within San Andreas. I was in a position where I wanted to step up and do more within the capabilities I had been trained for.

After discussing the past GSB and the job role offered with Ms Whitehorse & Governor Langley, I took on the role as I felt like it was something I could sink my teeth into long term and really turn things around in terms of from its current standstill.

The past Directors have had their vision and attempts and this is nothing against them but I plan on reinforcing GSB into its core values, re-structuring the entire infrastructure from its training methods to protocols. I have learnt to train people to ascertain high performance results and this is something I wish to carry to over with GSB and its personnel.

I plan on doing my best by the members within government and the people of Los Santos to feel safe while they're at government buildings such as city hall but also welcome.
Interim Deputy Director, Herrman Wolff wrote:
There is no bigger privilege to me than being able to work at the San Andreas State Government, and I am thrilled to be appointed as Interim Deputy Director for the Public Relations Branch. Securing my place at Gov has been a long and arduous path that has left me a better person, and I can assure everyone that I will make the most of this opportunity.

I have no doubt that many people may be slightly surprised, but I can honestly say Gov has been a long term goal, since I have a deep passion to make this state as good as it can be. I believe my place at the Government will help me achieve this even further and allow me to have direct impact, so that I can represent the citizens in the decisions we are making and make this state more prosperous for all.

Many people may be familiar with my contributions to the state so far, but for the (lucky) few who aren't; I am a reformed felon who has been a long term employee of Weazel News, and eventually have become the Director of Media there. My background in journalism, and my stint in Public Relations at the Department of Corrections, gave me a unique interest in how Public Relations are conducted by different departments. This interest, paired with my desire to work at the San Andreas State Government, makes joining the Public Relations Bureau, a natural choice.

I cannot wait to take the bureau into new heights, and redefine how we interact with citizens, produce written copy, and events. I urge every citizen to have their say and to utilize our Community Letterbox for their suggestions and to reach out directly with any inquiries, concerns, or miscellaneous items. God bless the state of San Andreas.
Closing Statement

Winter is upon us! The days are getting colder, short bursts of snow can be seen, and Weazel News is already predicting a cold December. November's close, opens us into one of the most inclusive times of the year, which is where San Andreas always really shines. The end of year festivities showcase San Andreas at its best, and this year is sure to continue on our yearly trend of inclusive events and comradery. It's with no doubt that everyone is looking forward to it.

November saw a short taster of this with the numerous Thanksgiving events that took place. The state was treated to Thanksgiving barbecues, and food giveaways that had fantastic turnouts from its citizens. If December is about coming together, then it's with no doubt that November is all about showing appreciation to the people who are there for us.

The Government saw more progress towards its current in-flight projects with some of them, like the Non-profit Organization initiative from the Business Licensing Bureau, even launching. Initiatives like this are a culmination of significant work and investigation into how we can continue to improve the lives of citizens across the state, and aim to benefit everyone, and not just select individuals. We hope to be able to announce even more of these going forward.

Make sure you wrap up warm, snow is coming!

Contact Information
      Herrman Wolff
      Interim Deputy Director | Public Relations Bureau

Andrea Fallon, M.D., F.R.C.O.G., OB/GYN
        Interim Director | Public Relations Bureau
        Assistant To The Governor

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”