[Judicial Newsletter] October 2023

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Chief Justice

• Chief Justice Judith Mason
    Citizens of San Andreas,

I hope you all have had a fun and safe Halloween last night!

I am pleased to say that over this past month, we at the Judicial Branch have been increasing our productivity with expansions and development within our internal subdivisions and steady activation of new cases, with the Superior Court's activation of the 100th case this year just a couple of weeks ago.

Furthermore, we have introduced a new Employee of the Month program to recognize the incredible work of our attorneys within the branch for their continued efforts in the pursuit of justice. I am extremely proud of the hard work and dedication that has been shown by the two attorneys that have been chosen to receive this recognition by the Attorney General and Chief Public Defender, and I look forward to seeing them in action within the courtroom sometime soon.

As we transition into November, I am sure you will see a number of public trials back in the courtroom and more public facing outreach from members of our branch as we continue to expand on our Public Relations division while continuing to chug along toward the ultimate goal of reducing our backlog of cases in the Superior Court.

Lastly, I want to take a moment to recognize a longstanding member of the Judicial Branch who has made the decision to step back into retirement from his tenure as a Justice within the Superior Court - The Honorable Hugh R. Allgood. Employed with the Judicial Branch for over two years, former-Justice Allgood has time and time again shown his dedication to the Judicial profession and has been an incredible asset for the branch since the beginning of his career, progressing from the paralegal role, through the fledgling Prosecution division to become the Attorney General, eventually transitioning towards judgeship from Court Clerk, to Superior Court Judge, and finally Superior Court Justice. From all of us at the Judicial Branch, we thank you, former-Justice Allgood, for your hard work and dedication to this profession and we wish you the best of luck - and we hope to see you again sometime soon in whatever capacity that may be!

To the Citizens of San Andreas, I look forward to seeing you around City Hall or within the confines of our courtroom, where we will continue to preserve the rights of all citizens and pursue the fair and impartial administration of justice.

Chief Justice
    (909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Notices
  • CivilianLaw Student
    • Mary Burrows
    Junior ParalegalProsecution Paralegal
    • Al Triton
    Junior Prosecuting AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Kendall Groyce
    Deputy Attorney GeneralAttorney General
    • Hope Kant
Prosecution Employee of the Month

Prosecution Employee of the Month
  • For the month of October Attorney General Hope Kant would like to recognize Kendall Groyce as the Prosecution Divisions Employee of the Month.

• Prosecuting Attorney Groyce
    Attorney General Hope Kant wrote:Kendall Groyce reinstated into the Judicial Branch on July 10th of 2023. Since then, she has conducted herself admirably on several cases, most notably within the past month, the State of San Andreas vs. Bongo Haze. In this trail, Attorney Groyce diligently worked through the first fully present docket trial.

Docket trials are something new to the Judicial Branch, and it is no easy task. Attorney Groyce did not give up or falter during the process, but continued on even when the situation felt overwhelming. Every 48 hours or so, Attorney Groyce produced new compelling statements for the court. Due to her effort and that of the LSPD, the defendant was found guilty.

In all aspects Attorney Groyce has passionately dedicated herself to the Judicial Branch, emailing superiors with ideas, working hard on cases, and always looking for the next case to represent. As Attorney General, I've been so proud and lucky to consider her apart of my team. Hardworking people like Attorney Groyce are why our justice system is able to continuing operating as intended.
Public Defense Employee of the Month

Public Defense Employee of the Month
  • For the month of October Chief Public Defender Shaun Harper would like to recognize Lisa Winter as the Public Defense Divisions Employee of the Month.

• Public Defense Attorney Winter
    Chief Public Defender Shaun Harper wrote:Lisa Winter, a seasoned public defense attorney, has been an invaluable asset to the defense division since joining in March 2023. Her unwavering commitment to ensuring justice prevails, even in the face of complex cases, has made her an indispensable part of our team.

Lisa is known not only for her remarkable legal insight but also for her collaborative spirit. She works seamlessly with other attorneys and paralegals, fostering a sense of teamwork that enhances the overall performance of the division.

Lisa's dedication and exemplary legal work have garnered her significant recognition. Her unrelenting pursuit of justice has set a high standard for her colleagues. Her recognition as Employee of the Month only underscores her exceptional contributions, and we look forward to seeing her continue to rise and make an even more profound impact in the field of public defense.
Closing Message

• Associate Justice Daniels
    Citizens of San Andreas,

As we conclude the October edition of the San Andreas Judicial Branches newsletter, I am thrilled to extend my heartfelt congratulations to our outstanding employees of the month. In the realm of Prosecution, let us recognize the remarkable dedication of Kendall Groyce. In the Public Defense division, we recognize the unwavering commitment of Lisa Winter. Their contributions set an exemplary standard, and they inspire us all.

These recognitions are not just for us, the members of the Judicial Branch, but are meant to be shared with you, the public we serve. Kendall and Lisa, your dedication is a testament to the high standards we uphold, and we are proud to have you as representatives of our collective commitment to justice.

With Halloween now behind us and the days growing shorter and cooler, I extend my warmest wishes for good health to you and your families. In these times of transition, let's remember the importance of safeguarding our well-being and those of our loved ones.

As we approach winter and the holiday season, whether you're traveling to reunite with family or merely going about your daily routines, please be mindful of safety. Let's look out for one another and ensure that the joy of the season is combined with a sense of responsibility and care.

Thank you all for your continued support and trust in our Judicial Branch as we strive to uphold justice for all. Together, we can make a positive impact not only within our courtrooms but in the lives of the citizens of San Andreas.

Wishing you all a wonderful November and a safe, joyful, and harmonious holiday season ahead. I will speak with you again in December.

Associate Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”