Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2023

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2023

Post by Amelia Clark »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
    Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    Reflecting on September, I welcome fall returning to the county and look back with fondness on the Department's achievements and assistance to our citizens. It is the time to take in the beautiful fall weather while it lasts, enjoying activities that make the most of our beautiful mountains and lakes. I encourage everyone to enjoy the change in scenery that comes with this time of year, be it cycling, fishing, hunting, or other outdoor activities. After taking part in hiking and other outdoor adventures in my spare time, I can assure you our citizens will have a wonderful time exploring this county's beautiful nature.
    Internally, the Department has also seen increased activity, from sporting accidents to an uptick in criminal activity. To counter this, we are actively evolving our strategies and patrols to ensure the safety and security of civilians across the county during this time. I welcome all the new employees, especially recent transfers and reinstatements that we welcome with open arms. They are proving to be highly valuable assets to this Department and are finding their home here. With this, we also see many well-deserved promotions, specifically welcoming Captain Alex Schill of the Sheriff's Information Division to our Command team. Our Department is showing continued strength, and I hope this is reflected externally, committing to our tradition of service.
    We are starting to enter the season of celebration; the Department will be hosting events for the community to come together and enjoy for Halloween and beyond. I look forward to visiting and sharing in these fall celebrations and other festivities with our citizens! With the upcoming festivities and Halloween almost around the corner, I look forward to seeing the decorations, costumes, and enjoyment on everyone's faces. I encourage you to celebrate responsibly, be careful, and enjoy trick or treating. Don't forget to exercise caution, call DCC for a designated driver, 911 if you see any suspicious activity, and most of all, enjoy yourselves!

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    -
    -
    -
    -
DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

• Deputy Sheriff III Joey Malice
    This month we are honored to bestow Deputy of the Month to someone who was just recently showcased in our Deputy Spotlight, Deputy Sheriff III Joey Malice. Deputy Malice has proven himself an impeccable asset to this Department, joining in 2023, quickly rising through the ranks, and gaining promotion to Deputy Sheriff III on the 3rd of September. His growth within the Department has been beyond measure, always with a bright attitude that shines through all those on shift with him.

Deputy Malice has shown himself to be an extremely strong asset to the Department, most recently in his contributions as a member of the Special Enforcement Detail. His professionalism and teamwork within this division and the Department are a testament to his dedication and hard-working spirit. Deputy Malice continues to assist elsewhere, always taking out and assisting our trainees, providing a great amount of insight and teachings.

Always a helpful person, outgoing and kind to the citizens of this county, he shines as an example of what it means to be a member of the community at large. We want to congratulate Deputy Malice on his achievement this month and look forward to his future contributions to this Department. His future is an extremely bright one!

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined the department on the 7th May, 2023.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favourite thing about being a deputy is being out in the country, I absolutely love being up north and the views that come with the job. Since coming out here I've felt a peacefulness that you won't find in the city. I also love the people I work with, we're a family here and it's been an absolutely amazing time.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    I think the day I became a member of the Special Enforcement Detail stands out to me the most now. Seeing how they operate and the professionalism unit whilst having a great time doing it. Shout out to SED, you guys are amazing and I can't be happier being a part of the team.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I wanted a change of pace if I'm honest. After parting ways with the LSPD in 2021, I took a long hiatus away from the city to focus on things back home in Australia. I couldn't shake the itching feeling though, I needed to come back and try something new, to go back to my roots and perhaps call a new place home. It was the best decision I ever made.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling about being in the department is the sense of fulfilling you get when helping the community. A good of people who I interact with says I'm their favorite deputy and that fills me with such joy and a sense of wanting to go further to be the best I can be.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I perhaps would like to see myself in a Master Deputy position where I can fully help the trainees of tomorrow when doing training, also I would like to see myself in a full operator role within SED, perhaps even higher.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I love to spend time hunting and working for Clappers and Infinity Entertainment. Both are great people and it's something fun and fulfilling to do whilst not serving the county.

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

• Highway Enforcement Division

This month we shine our divisional Spotlight on the Highway Enforcement Division. This division has recently had significant changes including changes to it's Command Team. The Sheriff's Department aims to improve all of its division's effectiveness wherever possible and the new Highway Enforcement Division is a perfect example of this. We managed to ask them a few questions to the Interim Commanding Officer, Staff Sergeant Fillmoore Grayson to tell us all about Highway Enforcement

Staff Sergeant Fillmoore Grayson
    What is the aim and mission of the division?
    The highway enforcement division is dedicated to keeping the Highways of Los Santos safe for all who travel on it. This task varies from traffic enforcement to countering smuggling activities, to ensuring the safety of participants at SD-approved events. With organized operations, proactive policing, and a strong bond with the community, the Highway Enforcement Division aims to become more than just your average ticket printing division.

How many members are currently in the Highway Enforcement Division?
    The division currently maintains 27 active members. Of the 27, 3 of them hold supervisor roles as our inspectors. I’d like to take this time to give credit to our hard-working inspectors. Without our inspectors ensuring the division’s day-to-day operations are going smoothly, the division would not be where it is today in this new age of the division.

As the new Interim Commanding Officer, what do you aim to accomplish for the division?
    As the Interim Commanding Officer, I aim to bring new practices to the table that will arm our Highway Deputies with the ability to more effectively police our highways. I also intend to strengthen our bonds with LSPD and their traffic enforcement division.

Do you have any statistics to share with us from your division?
    Thanks to the efforts of our deputies we have managed to host 5 HED operations since the restructuring. That’s a 1 operation a week trend that keeps our HED deputies on the highways serving the community. In the operations, we have managed to conduct 4 arrests and issue 14 citations. Of the 4 arrests, 2 of the arrests resulted in the HED taking 2 violent criminals off the streets who were actively conducting store robberies and passed through one of our operation areas.

What can people expect from a Highway Enforcement Division Member?
    The people can expect more from a HED member than ever before. They will become more than just your average rock-hiding ticket-hungry deputies. They will be a critical component in our mission to keep the peace on the highways of Los Santos.

-
DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

• Deputy Sheriff I Abbas Assad
    This month, we are proud to shed the spotlight on one of our newer employees, Deputy Sheriff I Abbas Assad. Joining our Department just over a month ago, Deputy Assad has quickly proven himself a capable and highly adaptive asset. Quickly passing his training, he was promoted to the rank of Deputy Sheriff on the 10th of this month. Deputy Abbas is extremely outgoing, extremely helpful in the field, and always willing to assist his fellow deputies without hesitation. Anyone will tell you he is friendly, kind, and extremely diligent in all interactions and investigations, internally and with the public.

Moving forward in our Department, he has proven himself a great asset to the Highway Enforcement Division as a Highway Deputy I. Most recently, Deputy Assad was extremely helpful in providing security and support for a recent Department bicycling event and many other Highway Enforcement Activities. His drive and dedication are beyond measure, and we look forward to his future in the Department. Deputy Assad has a great future here; given his drive, open and delightful personality, and extreme thoroughness in his tasks, we are happy to feature him this month.

When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I joined Los Santos County Sheriff's Department as a Trainee on 20th August 2023 and it has been a really great experience

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a deputy is by helping citizens in need and reducing the number of crimes in the county, making it a "safe for all" region.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My Most memorable moment while serving as a deputy was my great interaction with Sheriff Hamilton he took me on an SIERRA patrol along with him and provided me with great support, help, and guided me on the right path, which I never thought would happen during my career as I never thought I would be addressed by the Assistant Sheriff himself when I was a mere deputy and I never felt so cared earlier during my job service till date.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I wanted to become a deputy of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department as I felt there was a lot I could do in the county since my childhood. I have been a nature lover and a good protector of people around me, and I am a loving and caring person with a great personality and want to provide the same experience to people of the county making them more alive and trust Los Santos Sheriff's Department in protecting our county.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling about being a deputy is addressing the issues in the community and helping those in need the great feeling of inner peace when we uphold the great Laws and standards of San Andreas and a sense of pride and protection.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    I see myself as a well-established Deputy Sheriff with greater knowledge and rank, benefitting it by patrolling around the county with a sense of happiness as crime rates would be reduced.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    I would love to hang around with my friends go on adventure trips enjoy life as much as I can, do some business strategy plans for my future go fishing and talking to other people, and explore my options and influence.

-
PROMOTIONS

• Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Joe Olson
    Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Alex Schill
    Image Investigator III ►Image Lieutenant
    • Oscar Black
    Image Sergeant ► Image Staff Sergeant
    • Amelia Clark
    Image Investigator II ► Image Investigator III
    • Steven Lee (Reinstatement)
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Evelyn Williams (Transfer)
    • Salvatore DiMeo (Transfer)
    • Jett Jones (Reinstatement)
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Investigator I
    • Matthew Handley
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Dave Spencer
    • Elian Ramos
    • Autumn Campbell
    • Trixie Bankshot-Vane
    • Scott Pierce
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Joey Malice
    • Valkyrie Winger (Transfer)
    • Miles Logan (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Paul Haggard
    • Aiden Beta (Transfer)
    • Al Hollyrock
    • Jessica Winger (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Jack Mcall
    • James Ericsson (Reinstatement)
    • Axel Quinn (Reinstatement)
    • Abbas Asad
    • Cora Harper
    • Tim Conway (Reinstatement)
    • Zara Murray
    • Killian Lawless (Transfer)
    • Blaise Lennox
    • Quentin Johnson

-
MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • What characteristic do you value the most in your coworkers?
  • Deputy Sheriff II Leif Helgarson wrote:Personally I value how helpful my co-workers are. Never once have I asked a question and been made to feel foolish for asking. It was always answered to the best of their abilities or they would ask someone they thought knew better. We really work as a team.
    Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:What I value most in our coworkers is their openness, especially their inclusivity. The Sheriff's Department comprises people from every background, race, and gender. They all go out of their way to make everyone else feel welcome and included, regardless of rank. In this dangerous line of work, we all share the goals and commitment to serve the county's diverse set of citizens. Every employee embraces each other's shared interests and respects their differences. They are open, welcoming, and inclusive to all backgrounds, civilians, and employees alike.
    Deputy Sheriff I Killian Lawless wrote:The characteristic I value the most in my coworkers is Selflessness. Someone who will put others needs before their own, the guys that will offer to take arrest reports when you don't want to do them or impound a car for you. Coworkers who have that characteristic are by far the best coworkers to have on shift.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE
  • First and foremost, we wish to thank you for reading the September 2023 Sheriff's Newsletter. For the department, this month has been filled with internal and interdepartmental events that have assisted in better relations between our departments, and also between our deputies. It has been good to be able to create an avenue for fun in our busy day-to-day life. Moving forward, we are approaching exciting holidays such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The Sheriff's Information Division is planning more than one larger event during this time.
    At this moment in time, our recruitment is currently closed, but we are hoping this will change in the near future. We are always looking for eager and committed individuals to apply and attend our academy. If you are interested, head over to our Job Opportunities section and read more!
    Did you know that we also have our own LifeInvader page? Follow it here for more updates!
CONTACT INFORMATION

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division
Commanding Officer, Field Training Division
Commanding Officer, Advanced Training Division