The LSPD & LSSD Summertime Shindig (NR031-23rl)

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

The LSPD & LSSD Summertime Shindig (NR031-23rl)

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

-
mrdstamp
Los Santos Police Department
Los Santos, San Andreas

News Release

NR031-23rl
June 18, 2023
The LSPD & LSSD Summertime Shindig

Los Santos: On June 17th, the Los Santos Police Department along with it's sister department, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department held their annual Summer Event at the Los Santos Docks and on the sunny shores of Cayo Perico yesterday evening, much to the delight of all of the attendees.

Transport to the party was provided courtesy of the Downtown Cab Company who collected the party goers with six of their Dashound buses to take them down to the docks around 17:30. While down there they enjoyed several laps of go-kart racing, giveaways of two Elegy RH8s and a Bestia GTS, as well as live music from the incomparable DJ Asbo. The cheerful atmosphere created an enjoyable experience for guests as they danced, raced, and shared friendly banter with one another over a shared radio frequency.

ImageImage ImageImage

Once those tanks had ran dry, the party found its way to Cayo Perico through various methods. Whether it was being flown in style via one of the luxury planes from LSIA or one of the military helicopters, kindly borrowed by our comrades over at the National Guard.

Upon our arrival at Cayo Perico, we anticipated fun festivities. Governor Langley provided a grandiose surprise, with three giveaways of a 10F widebody and two $250,000 prizes. The partygoers took full advantage of the many attractions the island had to offer, such as submarines, one-man gliders, trucks, and carts, all of which provided great enjoyment.

Detective Harvey Sutherland wrote:The event was monumental - it fostered a stronger bond between the two law enforcement agencies. The event was aiming to allow employees to casually chat and learn about each others' departments. I really enjoyed the activities that the event had to offer. Although I lost the GoKart race, I enjoyed racing with my Sheriff, Harry Payne!
Officer Sebastian Knight wrote:As a Police Officer we spend most of out time in our cruiser Protecting and Serving, having stressful and hostile moments is one of our daily routine, such event is really important and refreshing, putting everyone together out of work related matter makes us a stronger team, and it felt really amazing to meet everyone, from the moment I joined the department this is my first event i attend and I would love to say "I loved it", seeing everyone laughing having fun, smiling enjoying the start of the summer is such a great feeling, so Thank you to everyone who put an effort making this great even and especially Rija.
After the event, we returned to Los Santos via aircraft, where a Downtown Cab Company chauffeur service was waiting to bring us home. Some of us, a little sunburnt and a little worse for wear but all of us, have had a great time with great company at a great event.

I'd like to thank the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, the Downtown Cab Company, DJ Asbo, the State Government for their support but more than that, we'd like to mostly thank our Assistant Commanding Officer Sergeant Rija Luigi who has tirelessly put together a really good event!
Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez wrote:The event last night was a true testament to Law Enforcement in Los Santos. The Media Relations Division under guidance from Sergeant Rija Luigi pulled off an enjoyable, well planned team-building event for members of the Los Santos Police Department and the Los Santos County Sherriff's Department. All in attendance came together in a relaxed setting to enjoy each-other's company with activities, food, drink and scenic experiences. Sergeant Luigi did a fantastic job organising the events yesterday and collaborated with multiple other government agencies in doing so - I look forward to seeing what she has up her sleeve next!
Sergeant Alex Sorvanis wrote:My favorite part about the event was at Cayo Perico, I really liked that I could see the island be so busy, whether you looked up in the sky or the ocean or even the beach you could see people everywhere enjoying themselves by flying helicopters or driving jet skis or even using the submarine to go diving and explore. That was the most fun I've had in an event and it was really nice to see that everyone enjoyed it from both PD and SD.

###

69 Sinner Street • Los Santos • San Andreas • 90013
Emergency Hotline: 911 • Public Inquiries • Email: [email protected]
"to protect and to serve"

-
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”