[Press Release] THE DEPARTURE OF ASSISTANT SHERIFF MARCO DAVIS

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] THE DEPARTURE OF ASSISTANT SHERIFF MARCO DAVIS

Post by Amelia Clark »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
June 12th, 2023
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• THE DEPARTURE OF ASSISTANT SHERIFF MARCO DAVIS
    -

• Ret. Assist. Sheriff M. Davis
    Ret. Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis transferred from the Los Santos Police Department on the 9th of May 2020 to the assignment
    of Captain, Area Commander of the North Patrol Division, and the Assisting Commanding Officer of the Advanced Training Division.

In the middle of Fall 2020, then Captain M. Davis officially founded the Highway Enforcement Division as a new section under Patrol Operations within the Internal Sheriff's Department's structure. The main focus of the Highway Enforcement Division is to keep all traffic coming in, inside, and leaving the county safe.

On the 9th of October 2020, Davis was promoted to Commander, Overseeing the then Office of Special Operations, now known as Countywide Operations. He changed Administrative services, overseeing the divisions within before he was appointed Assistant Sheriff of the Office of the Sheriff on the 18th of February, 2022.

The office of the Sheriff oversees the Internal Affairs, Sheriff's Information Divison, and the Legal Affairs Division. Marco has also been active within the Sheriff's Information Division, assisting with releases and the internal structure.

What are your thoughts about your time at the Sheriff's Department?
    When I joined, the Department was small, and we struggled to fill all the positions. Now, we have a very big supervisor and command team, and the daily operations are running smoothly. [...] I am proud that I could launch the Highway Enforcement Division, and we held big operations in the County. I enjoyed helping to establish SID training and being a part of creating new divisions, like the Legal Affairs Division.
    [...]
    Also, I am very thankful for the people who gave me the chance to come to this Department and everyone who had a hand in my career as a whole, and I have enjoyed my time. I have enjoyed working with all the employees within the Department, and I am proud to have achieved what I have done to be Deputy Chief in LSDP and Assistant Sheriff in LSSD I have had two major roles in two departments and assisted in shaping them in what they are today. I think I have had a fantastic career in Law Enforcement.

Sheriff B. Kirk wrote:I was deeply saddened to learn of Assistant Sheriff Marco Davis' resignation. Witnessing his growth from Command Staff to Executive Staff has been a true blessing and a remarkable experience. The unwavering dedication and enthusiasm he has demonstrated toward his job over the years are truly remarkable.

Assistant Sheriff Davis' departure has created a void within the department that will undoubtedly take time to fill. This void is not only due to the position he held but also because of the exceptional individual he was.

I can only extend my heartfelt wishes to Assistant Sheriff Davis for a bright and fulfilling future, whatever path he chooses to embark on next. He should know that he will always be warmly welcomed back to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

Undersheriff J. Wallace wrote:I first met Marco Davis many years ago, at the very beginning of his law enforcement career, when I interviewed him for a position at the Los Santos Police Department. In front of me, I saw a young, eager, motivated, and slightly nervous man that wanted to take the next step in his career and life.

One question I always used to ask applicants was why they wanted to become Law Enforcement Officers. Davis told me he wanted to change society and make the world a better place than what he found. Back then, that meant nothing much; it was an applicant's attempt to make a good impression. And it worked; he aced the interview, and I hired him into the Los Santos Police Department.

But looking back now, he did deliver on exactly that. He served many years in the Los Santos Police Department, where he worked all the way up to High Command. He improved the department and every single officer serving under him.

I have seldom met an individual with so much drive and commitment. Everyone working with Marco Davis can attest to this; he is driven and loyal.

When he transferred to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, we were stoked. It confirmed that we were doing a good job when someone of his rank and prestige would want to join us.

Marco continued to be his excellent self and helped us tremendously in shaping the department and his assigned areas. We knew that any task he'd taken on would be carried out to perfection.

We are not just losing one of the most committed and professional Executive Staff members; I am also losing a friend that has been by my side throughout many years of Law Enforcement and the changes, ups, and downs, that career brings.

I wish Marco Davis nothing but the best for the future, and I hope he enjoys his retirement from law enforcement and knows that, as long as I am here, he will always have a home in Blaine County.
    We want to thank Marco Davis for his commitment and for his excellent service within the Los Santos Sheriff's Department and we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
###
  • For Information, Contact:

Commanding Officer Amelia Clark
    (909) 474-8130 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark
Patrol Commander, North Patrol Division
Commanding Officer, Sheriff's Information Division
Commanding Officer, Field Training Division