[NEWSLETTER #14] SASG Updates - June

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
State Government
ECRP Forum Name:

[NEWSLETTER #14] SASG Updates - June

Post by State Government »

Introduction
We are excited to bring you the latest updates and insights on the initiatives, policies, and achievements of our government as we continue our commitment to serving and enriching the lives of our citizens. This newsletter serves as a bridge of communication, connecting you with the important work happening throughout our state and offering you a glimpse into the impact we are making at the San Andreas State Government. Please remember that our community letterbox is now open!
New Employees
Oliver Dutch, PR wrote:I’ve always viewed government service as not just another job, but as a chance to improve lives and make a difference. For me this job was a calling, a calling to serve the people of the Great State of San Andreas, to make their everyday lives better and build a better future for those present and those to come. I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who once said: "The best way to predict the future is to create it." That's exactly what I am here to do: create the best future possible for our Great State, by dedicating myself to maintaining an informed and invested populace.
Luke Cortez wrote:I joined GOV (more specifically SAAA) Because I've always had an interest in both flying and teaching others. During my flight training, I discussed my interest in joining SAAA with James Hawkes and he told me more about the position and what my duties would be. What piqued my interest the most was that as a member of the aviation administration, I would be able to not only train and potentially pass others on their flight training but also work with other members of the administration to make flying safe for everyone by discussing and helping pass regulations when it comes to flying. overall the work that SAAA does may be considered simple it will still be a big help when it comes to aviation within the city and I'm excited to see where it will go in the future.
Promotions
We are thrilled to share exciting news from the San Andreas State Government! Over the past month, we have witnessed numerous individuals within our organization receive well-deserved promotions. With each step, they assume increased responsibilities, enabling them to make a more significant impact on the City of Los Santos.

Internship
  • Blake Eli, San Andreas Aviation Administration
  • Luke Cortez, San Andreas Aviation Administration
  • Jeremiah Fowler, Administration Bureau
Internship ► Government Official
  • Austin Thieman, Administration Bureau
  • Jimmithy Jemima, Business and licensing Bureau
  • Oliver Dutch, Public Relations Bureau
  • Milo Quinn, San Andreas Aviation Administration
Government Official ► Senior Government Official
  • Hazel Adams, Public Relation Bureau
  • Edward Bronson, Law Review Committee
Government Senior Official ► Lead Government Official
  • Andy Tyrie, Law Review Committee
Deputy Director ► Interim Director
  • James Hawkes, San Andreas Aviation Administration
Deputy Director ► Interim Director ► Director
  • Marc Ericsson, Business and Licensing Bureau
Director ► Government Chief
  • Tyrone Cox, Chief of Operations
  • Emily Whitehorse, Chief of Staff
Special Recognition of Service
This Special Recognition of Service was drafted before the promotion of Tyrone Cox, read our next months issue for his recognition of service story!

The San Andreas State Government is writing this a special recognition of service to recognize the service of a special individual within the city of Los Santos. She is well known throughout the city and has introduced massive changes throughout the city. For those who have not guessed who it is already, she introduced the Law Review Committee, encouraged a new direction of democracy, Former Director of every Government position and is now the Chief of Staff. Emily Whitehorse! I have asked colleagues and members of the public to write a few comments about Emily Whitehorse and their experiences and how she has made a difference.
Marc Ericsson, Business and Licensing Bureau wrote:Back in June last year, I joined BLB and Emily was the Interim Director at the time. This was also during the time she was working on stuff related to LRC. Despite the heavy workload, Emily was always there to help, she made sure I knew how to carry out all the duties related to BLB and was always there to answer any questions. As I continued to work in BLB under her it became very clear that she was a hard worker, she was always working on ways to make the process in BLB smoother and she is really the one to thank for how BLB is today as she contributed heavily to its improvements since June of 2022. Even after she stepped down as interim director to focus on things related to LRC, she was still there to give her opinions and give a helping hand on things related to BLB. She is a true leader and mentor, and her dedication and hard work will always be inspiring. She without a doubt deserves the position of Chief of Staff and I look forward to continue working with her!
Julia Chedhamenou, Administration Bureau wrote:I still remember the first day meeting Ms Emily, she was working at the front desk welcoming civilians at city hall, making our days better and happier with such a great smile and great motivational speech, I did not know that time who is Ms Emily neither what position she was, days later i invited her to have a hunting trip and to work a day as a mechanic, I was so surprised how fast she accepted and it was a great day, I have the honor to own the only vehicle repaired by Emily whitehorse, From that moment I have not only a friend but a treasure, someone that made me laugh in the worst, someone that was there for everyone to speak to, a hardworking person, I neve seen Ms Emily not smiling to someone enlightening their day and doing her best to help them.
Words will never be enough to describe you Ms Whitehorse, so I want you to know " Your excellency Whitehorse thank you for saving me from myself everytime, thank you for all the code 1 that made my life exciting, thank you on behalf of the whole city for everything."
Andy Tyrie, Law Review Committee wrote:Emily is my personal higher-up as the director of the LRC, but more so, she is a mentor and I believe I speak for more than just myself when I say that. I haven't been in GOV that long, but for the short time I have been here, I can't imagine having a better "boss". She works endlessly and always betters the things she is working on to a high standard beyond what is expected. She allows me to put my own spin on things and work without shadowing over me the whole time. Although, in saying that, she is always there to help and advise. She has true love for the government and accompanying departments, and from what I've heard about her from everyone else, I've only seen a fraction of what she does.
Hazel Adams, Public Relations Bureau wrote:I have known Emily since her Weazel days when she was writing controversial news pieces on Lewis would you believe it! Even then she was such an integral part of our family as she is now. She is always happy to help people with such kindness and compassion! Her integrity is very much reflected in her work and the career she has built for herself over the years, I'm so happy to have seen her reach the career highs she has and I hope she takes great pride in everything as she does she truly deserve it!
Herrman Wolff, Weazel News wrote:The appointment of Emily Whitehorse as Chief of Staff is one of those things that just makes sense.

Emily Whitehorse is one of the most integral, hard-working, and passionate people I have ever met. I can quite happily say Whitehorse is a role model that we should all look up to in the state of San Andreas, and this is regardless of your political views. Emily Whitehorse shows a great sense of impartiality and transparency that is beyond impressive from both a personal point of view, but also from the point of view of a news reporter. The contributions that Emily Whitehorse has undertaken in her time in Government has been some of the most important for furthering democracy in the state, and she is always open to the ability to improve it.

It is no surprise to me that Emily was given this position, she is second to none and in my eyes, deserves every position she is given. I can quite happily say Emily is without a hunger for power, she without malice, and everything she does, she does for the good of the state. I am proud to call her Chief of Staff, and proud to call her my friend.
Recognition of Service
We wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the departure of some exceptional individuals from the San Andreas State Government. These dedicated professionals have decided to pursue new opportunities outside our organisation, and we wholeheartedly wish them the very best in their future endeavours.

Director Emilia Thalmer
Emily Whitehorse wrote:Emilia Thalmer joined the San Andreas State Government on the 16th of August, 2022 under the leadership of Director Sabrina Ortiz and Deputy Director Hae-soo Park. Ms. Thalmer climbed the ranks in considerably fast pace rising to the rank of the highest non-command position of Executive Official on the 17th of October, 2022. Upon the resignation of Administration Director Sabrina Ortiz, Ms. Thalmer was once more promoted to the directorship in an acting capacity, and later, as a full director of the San Andreas State Government. Emilia Thalmer oversaw the administration bureau from 22nd of January, 2023 to the 9th of May, 2023.

Ms. Thalmer sought to bring order to the administration bureau and revitalize what was at the time a solid but reworkable foundation, propelling it into elevated status of importance and function. One major project undertaken was an entire handbook rewrite that sought to bring into regulation many things that at the time where floating notices. This revised handbook, alongside with innovations in other HR processes, and putting up with other directors particularly silly errors in administration, is one of the many reasons I am proud to have had the honor of working with her. I wish her nothing but the best in her continued progression of LSEMS and hope to be able to return similar performance and excellence should Ms. Thalmer request anything of the State Government in future.
Executive official Julia Chedhamenou
Emily Whitehorse wrote: Julia Chedhamenou worked for the San Andreas State Government from the 12th of February, 2023 until the 14th of May, 2023. Julia was a star of all things administration and worked efficiently and with dedication to resolve any outstanding administration tasks. From being hired on the 12th of February, Julia's dedication was seen clearly by Administration Director Emilia Thalmer, and thus was quickly promoted up the ranks reaching Executive Official.

Julia is equally responsible for having been instrumental in training myself from someone having zero understanding of the Administration process to being able to fluently articulate to new members of administration exactly how each process works, and why they work the way they do. I want to wish Julia the best in her future career path such as future development in SADOC.
Executive official Zachery Pines
James Hawkes wrote:Zachery has made significant contributions to the flight training session at SAAA. His dedication, openness to change, and attention to detail have improved administrative processes and shaped the program. Through his passion for aviation and mentorship, he has inspired many aspiring pilots. We sincerely appreciate Zachery's valuable contributions, which have helped establish SAAA as a recognized leader in aviation education.
Lead Agent Franco Morelli
Andreas O'Conner wrote:Agent Morelli was a highly valued member of the Government Security Bureau as he was one of the highest-ranking members that our young team had. Agent Morelli stood out due to his proactivity and eagerness to assist anyone in need. We extend him our gratitude for his continuous work and for providing safety to both SASG and JB personnel and for the betterment of GSB. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours and hope that he will continue to shine in his new position at the Los Santos Sheriff's Department.
Law Review Committee
What does the LRC do?
The Law Review Committee is a bureau unlike any other. Within it, you get to see the inside workings of our Congress. We work alongside our representatives, delegates, and most commonly, our own staff.

Who works on the LRC?

Public Representatives
  • There are four publicly appointed representatives in the Law Review Committee. They are appointed by the public via a vote, after which the four with the most votes will be given their role. Public Representatives do as their name suggests, representing the public in our Congress. They put forward bills, resolutions, and vote in the House. Elected Representatives serve four month terms and the current term started on the 1st of May.
Appointed Representatives
  • There are also four representatives called Appointed Representatives. These representatives are selected from each of our Law Enforcement agencies, as well as our medical department. So, at the start of the term, each of the following will appoint a representative to participate in our meetings of Congress: The Los Santos Police Department, The Los Santos Sheriff's Department, and the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services. The purpose of an appointed representative is mostly the same as the public ones. They bring forward bills and resolutions to the House for debate and vote. They have the right to do each of them things.
Delegates
  • Both the San Andreas State Government and the San Andreas Judicial Branch have a position in Congress with the role of Delegates. They have a special role within the Law Review Committee, where they can put forward bills and resolutions for debate and subsequent vote in the House but are not allowed to vote. Their position also gives them a privilege where their bill or resolution will be brought to the front of the agenda and take place before others.

LRC Staff
  • There are various roles within our staff, with the most important being the Speaker of the House. They regulate debate to ensure all is in order and also ensure that anything put into the Law Review Committee is appropriate to be submitted to us rather than something else, such as a policy change for another organization. Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't be for the Law Review Committee to decide upon.

You can find the Composition of the Law Review Committee at this URL: Composition of the Law Review Committee.

What are bills and resolutions?
  • A bill is, in short, what a law is before it officially becomes a law. These go through the process of creation and then move to the submission of the bill to the Law Review Committee. It is then read for all to hear and introduced by the submitting party to explain its purpose, etc. Then the floor will be opened for debate for all members and delegates to ask questions and debate their thoughts on it. After it is first introduced, it will be given normally a week for any amendments to be posted regarding what they think should be changed or amended in it. After that, any pending amendments will be discussed and voted on, and then the second reading will happen, where all representatives will vote. In the event of a vote ending in the affirmative, most often a simple majority, it will be sent to the Board of Governors pending their signature, which will then make it an official law.

A resolution is similar but normally pertains more to the internal procedures and running of the House or, for example, publicly mourning a fallen hero so that this can happen in a public setting for people to see and recognize.

In the event of a tie, there is what is called a casting vote, which is essentially just a tiebreaker to break the tie that the representatives have.
Message from Deputy Speaker of the House Andy Tyrie and Senior Congressional Staffer Edward Bronson
Andy Tyrie wrote: My experience within the Law Review Committee has been amazing. I have loved every second of it, and I will never regret making the decision to join. I have worked on so many things since joining. I assist both the Speaker of the House, Emily Whitehorse, on a daily basis and get to work with and alongside not just her but also Edward. We have grown so strong as a team and are able to quickly assist the representatives and delegates with anything they need help with. I enjoy being able to assist. I joined the LRC because I didn't feel I was the one to help the public by being a representative, and I still believe that. But I have helped in more ways than I thought possible, allowing the representatives to focus more on representing their constituents. I am proud of myself and my colleagues for what we have achieved, and especially Emily Whitehorse for all she did before I joined.
Edward Bronson wrote: Thus far my time with the LRC has been quite the experience, one that has been nothing but positive. It's a profound honor to be working at this stage of the San Andreas State Congress, one where our foundation is still settling in place. With the vast amount of resources we have between our Constitution and robust Penal Code we are now positioned to make great changes throughout the State. That coupled with the brightest and most dedicated individuals who've stepped up as Representatives for the citizens, again, it's the greatest of priviledges to be a part of this. As long as we continue on this path of growth within the Branch and Congress, I can only see positive change for all residents in this great State.

We would also like to make you aware of our Suggestion Box. Here, you can put forward any suggestions you have regarding the laws of our state. A staff member will review them and then open them up for a representative to do what's called sponsoring. If someone sponsors a suggestion, they will either do it themselves or work with you to fully develop the wording of the bill. Then, they will send it to the House for debate and vote, following the normal process for bills.
Government Grant Requests
Just a friendly reminder that the government is currently accepting grant requests for new or existing business properties in San Andreas. However, please keep in mind that if your business has previously received government funding, you may be disqualified. Grants are awarded on a case-by-case basis and some may require repayment. To qualify, please explain how the funds will benefit the State and its citizens. Please make sure to meet all the requirements to avoid disqualification. Take advantage of this opportunity and apply now to secure your funding.

If you would like to read more about the Government Grant requests, Please visit our PRESS RELEASE #54 Government Grant System
CLOSING STATEMENT
Summer has finally set in and as citizens begin hitting the beaches and enjoying the sunny skies, we at the San Andreas State Government continue to awe in the beauty of this State. At the end of the day, the Government is here to serve one purpose: improve the lives of the citizens of this great state. Throughout the month of May we’ve had a lot of changes in Government in effort to do just that. As we begin moving into Summer, we want to assure everyone our mission has not changed and we look forward to serving you in the coming weeks.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”