[Press Release] Pride Month: Embracing Equality and Unity

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Amelia Clark
Lieutenant
ECRP Forum Name: Tenbae

LSSD Awards

[Press Release] Pride Month: Embracing Equality and Unity

Post by Amelia Clark »

WWW.LSSD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
News Release
June 4th, 2023
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

• Pride Month: Embracing Equality and Unity
    -
    -
  • As the calendar turns over once again, marking the year's halfway point, it also signifies the arrival of Pride Month. Pride Month serves as a time to reflect on the experiences of the LGBTQ+ community, including their achievements, resilience, struggles, and ongoing pursuit of equality and acceptance.

During Pride Month, the world becomes more vibrant and colourful, coinciding with summer. The grass appears greener, flowers blossom, and the sky is painted in shades of blue. It is a time when individuals express their true colours, mixing and merging with others to form a unified whole—people coming together.

While Pride Month celebrates progress and triumphs, it also sheds light on the challenges and hardships that the LGBTQ+ community continues to face. These struggles remind us of the work that must be done to create a more compassionate and inclusive world.

In our Sheriff's Department, we embrace diversity in all its forms. We wholeheartedly support the LGBTQ+ movement and stand in solidarity with the community's pursuit of equality. This support should not be necessary, as acceptance and equality should be inherent, but sadly, it remains an ongoing battle. Our department proudly displays a rainbow at our entrance, not just for the month but as a symbol of our commitment to inclusivity and equality. You likely noticed this symbol if you've visited our Paleto station at any time this past year. It is a constant reminder to ourselves and others that we are here to help, regardless of one's expression or identity. We are all human beings deserving of acceptance and respect.
    -
    -
    Expressing this support on a personal and professional level, some of our Deputies opened up about their feelings this month:
Captain Joe Olson wrote:It's not my job to judge what people do in their beds. We live in a free nation; people can do whatever they want.
Lieutenant Alex Schill wrote:No matter someone's sexual orientation, preferences, motto, or creed, we all have the right to be who we are, open, without judgment or persecution. We strive for an inclusive society, and ultimately, we are all human. The Sheriff's Department strives to emulate this and support these rights and freedoms.
Agent Bert Martin wrote:I support people from all walks of life. I don't care about race, ethnicity, religion, who they like, and so on. As long as they aren't hurting or want to hurt people, I welcome anyone. Just because someone orients themselves one way doesn't exclude them from the rest of us.
Agent Amelia Clark wrote:I am proud to be a part of a department that cares this much about equality and to make an arena where everyone feels safe and respected. When I joined the Sheriff's Department, I knew that my sexuality would be accepted, and I am forever grateful that I am allowed to be here. June. Aka, Pride month is so crucial for everyone, and to remind us that some individuals in the world are hiding their true selves because of the lack of acceptance in their community. We need to work together to create more acceptance and to allow everyone to be themselves and have equal rights.
Deputy Sheriff Trainee John McFornell wrote:I think the LGBTQ community is a very important portion of our population, albeit underrepresented. The struggles they face daily, I believe, are invisible to most of us, and I believe that SD is making an effort to be inclusive and have them in mind.
-
-
"I might not be the same, but that's not important, no freedom till we're equal, damn right I support it"
-
  • Our ultimate goal is acceptance and freedom for all, encouraging everyone to accept that we all wear masks and possess the strength to take them off. We believe in the power of acceptance, the stability it provides, and the understanding that we are all fundamentally the same deep down. Let our hearts become our paintbrushes, spreading acceptance and compassion throughout our community and beyond.

In vibrant hues, our colours unite,
    A symphony of love, shining so bright.
    With hearts aflame, we embrace our pride,
    For in diversity, true beauty resides.

For Information, Contact:

Investigator I Lucas Murdock
    (909) 445-6034 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Image Lieutenant Amelia Clark