#23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre & Arnold King

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

MOTION TO SUPPRESS

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. DeAndre & Arnold King
#23-CM-0028

A Motion to Suppress was filed in the above case on the 4th of May, 2023.

The Defendant, Deandre King, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Suppress, and requests to following be suppressed from evidence;

• Indictment #23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre & Arnold King
    Spoiler
    On the afternoon of 15/SEP/2022, Arnold King made his way to Paleto Station to speak to Lt. C. Wilkinson. During their conversation, Arnold King confirmed to me that there was a verbal contract in place between him and DeAndre King.
    During this conversation, Arnold King also mentioned to me that he was aware of the items stored in this unit and spoke of them as relics from his time as a criminal. He had supposedly left this life behind.

Detailed Reasoning: The highlighted portion is quoting statements made by the defendant outside the court and while not under oath constituting it as hearsay and inadmissible.

Sincerely,
Tidus Law
CEO | Rockford Law
(909) 219-4084 — [email protected]

Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: #23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre & Arnold King

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

I apologize for the lack of communication from the court on this case. I am currently on a Leave of Absence out of the state and will return back to San Andreas on June 11th. Following my return I will be addressing the recent motions and arguments brought forth on this case and look at how to proceed forward in a timely manner. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    (909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0028

A decision was reached in the above case on the 20th day of June, 2023.

In relation to the Motion to Compel Discovery filed by the defense on May 4th, 2023 I will be granting in full pending the Los Santos Country Sheriff's Department still has this information and the weapon in Exhibit #4 in evidence.

In regards to the Motion to Suppress filed by the defense on May 4th, 2023 I will once again be granting in full as the highlighted potion constitutes hearsay and will be inadmissible during trial and throughout the remainder of this case.

I will now allow the prosecution seven days to either present the evidence in response to the Motion to Compel Discovery or inform the court that this evidence no longer exists. I will not be allowing any further motions to be filed in relation to this case and once the requested discovery is presented we will move to schedule trial.

Associate Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• DeAndre King & Arnold King,

After numerous attempts to get in contact with your representation I am still without any correspondence. At this time I will be giving Rockford Law seven (7) days to reach out to me or respond on the docket publicly that they are ready to move forward on this case.

If there is still no communication at the end of the seven days I will be reaching to to the Public Defense Division to have new representation appointed to you for the remainder of this case.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Dmitri Leroy
ECRP Forum Name: Tidus Law

Post by Dmitri Leroy »

Rockford Law

#23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre & Arnold King

• Justice Daniels,

Rockford Law has not received any contact personal or otherwise in regards to this case outside of what has been made on this public docket. I have received one personal email in regards to My name and Johnnie Everdeen's BAR status, however nothing in regards to this case.

The defense would typically motion to dismiss after the prosecution has taken so long to present evidence requested by the courts, however the courts have ruled there is to be no more motions put forward. In regards to this case we have been waiting, for an unreasonable amount of time, for the courts to move forward and request explanation by the prosecution for its failure to adhere to discovery in the requested time.

Johnnie Everdeen is no longer with Rockford Law or acting co-counsel and I am, still, the Primary Counsel on this case.

Respectfully,
    Dmitri Leroy

COO | Rockford Law
    (909) 219-4084 — [email protected]
Antonio McFornell
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: McFornell

SAJB Awards

Post by Antonio McFornell »

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The prosecution made a request to the investigating agency in relation to the latest motion to compel discovery, specifically on May 8th. However, to this date it has not been possible to obtain such evidence.

Best regards,

Deputy Attorney General
    Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
    (909) 553-8869 — [email protected]
Antonio José McFornell
Court Clerk
Director of the San Andreas Bar Association
Chairman of the Bar Ethics Review Board
Training & Hiring Staff

Express your satisfaction or concerns about Judicial Employees and licensed Attorneys.
Commend & Complain
Code of Ethics | Bar Licensing Office | Become an Attorney
State Constitution | Penal Code
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

NOTICE OF SCHEDULING

#23-CM-0028

An attempt to schedule was made and recorded by the court on the 2nd of August, 2023.

All parties in this case are encouraged to complete the following Scheduling Tool in an attempt to schedule a trial on the above case.

In the event all parties have overlapping availability the Presiding Judge will determine the best date and time to have a trial take place and post a Notice of Trial informing all of the upcoming proceeding.

In the event some or all parties do not have overlapping availability, the Presiding Judge will continue to attempt to schedule the proceeding or seek alternative avenues to conclude the case.

If either party has the intentions of calling a witness to the stand during the proceeding they must inform the court by filing a Witness List at the time of filing their availability. If no Witness List is filed before the Notice of Trial is filed you will be unable to call a witness during the proceeding.

Associate Justice
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0028

A decision was reached in the above case on the 12th day of September, 2023.

Due to the recent appointment of Tony McFornell to Court Clerk this case is currently without prosecution. I am formerly requesting Deputy Attorney General Kant to appoint a new prosecutor to this case or to take it on herself. Once a new prosecutor is appointed I will allow up to 7 days for them to familiarize themselves with all aspects of this case before continuing unless a Motion for Continuance is posted requesting additional time.

As this case has, in the past, experiences scheduling issues I will be changing the venue to a docket trial. As this case has two defendants I can see concerns for how this case will proceed once we get to that stage, however, both of the defendants are currently facing the same charges, for the same reason, related to the same situation. I do not foresee any issues arising from this change and if any are experienced throughout the process, I will dictate how those are to be resolved.

Associate Justice
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on 12/SEP/2023.

I, Hope Kant, Deputy Attorney General of the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the State of San Andreas in the underlying case.

I will be taking the responsibility of Primary Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Deputy Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
(909) 321-2132 — [email protected]
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

• Honorable Judge Daniels and pertaining parties,

Thank you for the seven days allotted to the Prosecution to gain their barrings on the case. After review, the Prosecution is now ready to proceed to trial. Whenever the Judge is ready, we are ready to present our availability. We await further notice from the Judge.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Kellie Vaeseri
ECRP Forum Name: Kellie

SASG Awards

Post by Kellie Vaeseri »

This has been removed I apologize.
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

NOTICE OF TRIAL

#23-CM-0028

A docket trial for the above case has commenced on the 20th of September, 2023.

In accordance with Docket Trial procedure established by the Supreme Court of San Andreas, this trial has hereby commenced and any subsequent submissions must adhere to previously established procedure.

The prosecution now has 48 hours to present opening arguments for review by the court, and once received, the defense has 48 hours to present opening arguments of their own. Each subsequent post of this trial has a deadline of 48 hours since the previous submission unless reasonable circumstances require the use of a Motion for Continuance.

Associate Justice
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Opening Arguments

Thank you all for being here with the Prosecution for the opening arguments on this case. All parties have been brought here to the docket for this trial because of the actions of both defendants. One of whom owns Davis Storage, Mr. DeAndre King (here on referred to as DeAndre), and the other, Mr. Arnold King (here on referred to as Arnold) who claims he "rented" a unit from DeAndre. Within said unit were illegal items including weapons and modifications.

The Prosecution will provide multiple exhibits including bank records, business licensing, search warrants, and case files. We have no shortage of evidence to prove that DeAndre and Arnold, were using the property for more than just a storage unit. There are photos of hidden rooms and more than enough weaponry to arm a small militia.

It is clear that no one person can use all the weaponry and items inside the storage. The obvious assumed end goal for these defendants was to supply their gang and others on the street, "Gangsta Block Killas", with the items needed for their criminal activities. Selling these items to each other in order to promote their own illegal agenda.

We ask that the courts uphold the law finding both defendants guilty of WF04 - Unlicensed transfer of firearms, ammunition and body armor, WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modification, and GF18 - Racketeering. The evidence paints a picture that any reasonable person would view as guilt for all crimes alleged by the Prosecution. Throughout the trial we will prove to all that there is no other way forward than to find the defendants guilty on all charges.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

The Prosecution is posting this as a notice to show that it has been over 48 hours since we have received a response from either the Judge or the Defense on the Docket. As per the first docket trial, both sides gave their arguments and the Judge posted notice for a case-in-chief with the accompanying timeline. We await any further instruction and hope to complete this case in a timely manor.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

I would like to thank the prosecution for presenting their opening statement in a timely manner. As the prosecution has mentioned it has now been over forty-eight hours and the defense has yet to provide their statement therefore I will continue assuming they are waiving their right to provide one.

We will now be proceeding into the prosecutions case-in-chief, they will be given forty-eight hours. Once provided the defense will have forty-eight hours to provide their cross examination.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
Hope Kant
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

PROSECUTION CASE-IN-CHIEF

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Case-in-Chief, and presents the following;

• Exhibit #1: Davis Storage Business Registration
    1. OWNER INFORMATION
    • First and Lastname: DeAndre King
      Phone Number: 354-5400
      Email: N/A
      Home Address: 4 Integrity Way Apartments
    2. BUSINESS INFORMATION
    • Name of Business: Davis Storage
      Business Address: 60 Carson Avenue
      Type of Business: Storage Unit Rental

Mark an X in the appropriate checkbox.
      [ X ] Stand-Alone ($15,000)
      [ ] Subsidiary ($35,000)
      [ ] Parent ($50,000)

Photo of the Business Exterior Entrance:
      Photo of Front Door
      (( Make sure that the address of the property/business door is visible on the image above. You can either use the image BBCode or just paste a link to the photo ))
    3. EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
    • List of Current Employees & their position(s):
      • DeAndre King - Owner
    4. AGREEMENT
    • By submitting this request you hereby agree that all information provided is truthful. If your registration is approved, you agree on a continuous effort to adhere to laws and regulations laid out by the San Andreas State Government. You also agree to submit any future changes to your business to the Business Licensing Bureau. You also agree to a full legal background check of your person and that you're the rightful owner of the property in question.

Owner's Signature: DeAndre King
      Date: 01/09/2022
    Your honor, the people present Exhibit #1 to the courts. Exhibit #1 is the business registration associated with Davis Self Storage. This is used to show proof that DeAndre King (hereon referred to as DeAndre) does in fact own the property and business.
    Exhibit #2: Approved Search Warrant of Davis Self Storage
    REDACTED
    Your honor, as the search warrant has been redacted for security purposes, the Prosecution would simply like to note out publicly that it was in fact approved by the Judicial Branch. This means that a Judge in our courts said the fulfilling Law Enforcement Agency had probable cause to search the premises for any contraband pertaining to the specific crimes outlined in this trial.
    Exhibit #3: Images of Davis Storage
    • ((Bodycam RP from Wilkinson))
      Davis Storage, 60 Carson Avenue

Entrance area, door to the front leading to the storage unit, door to the right leads to behind the reception.

Entrance to the storage units, showing the metal detector.

Hallway with storage units

Layout of a storage unit. All units are identical.

Area behind the reception, showing the large blacked out window. There is a door on the right of this window, not in the picture.

Wideangle photo of the area behind aforementioned door and blacked out window.
    Your honor, the Prosecution would like to present the following exhibit to the courts. Exhibit #3 is the pictures of the inside and outside of the business. As you can see in the pictures, it is clear there is more than just an area to store items of customers. In fact, there is a room that appears hidden, that looks almost like the interior to a club of sorts, which is notably something missing from their business licensing/registration.
    Exhibit #4: LSPD - Evidence that was recovered from David Storage
    The people are presenting exhibit #4 to the courts. This is what officers found upon their search of the business. In this exhibit you can see the sheer amount of attachments contained in storage. It is not just enough for the two guns stored there, but for 6+ guns.
    Exhibit #5: Bank records of DeAndre and Arnold King
    DeAndre King
    Arnold King
    Your honor, the Prosecution would like to present Exhibit #5 to the courts. This evidence is used to show that between DeAndre and Arnold King (hereon referred to as Arnold) a storage contract was never put in place, given that there are no proof of money being paid physically with signed invoices, or bank transfers. As stated by the Prosecution, if Arnold was in fact renting a unit from DeAndre, there would've been some sort of financial/recorded transaction between the two. As there is no such thing shown, the Prosecution can only come to the reasonable conclusion that there was in fact no contract.
    Exhibit #6: Probable Cause for the Warrant from Exhibit #2
    PROBABLE CAUSE
    • Police Cadet Johnathan Mac took a subject into custody in possession of illegal items. His report is as follows:
      Cadet Jonathan Mac

Grayson,

I had Jordan Winter in my cruiser with an illegal .50 from davis self storage raid.
      (( https://i.gyazo.com/fa8741df39623816324 ... a9b89f.png ))

Cadet Macc
    • Detention And Parole Bureau took Ace Wilson into custody. Their findings are as follows.
      DETENTION AND PAROLE BUREAU
      Associated with a confidential Warrant Hunt Log. Ace Wilson was taken into custody possession the following items, the armor in his vehicle: 2x Heavy Pistols, 1x Silencer, 2x Clip
      https://gyazo.com/4e3ce99a9d5defb15586fac0eb1cd15f
    • Deputy Ike Vanburen took a Darius Wiliams into custody. Their findings are as follows:
      Ike Vanburen
      "Agent Grayson below is the evidence from the current situation for Darius Wilson"
      https://i.imgur.com/fk08x1g.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/mahmfE7.jpg
    • SED took two subjects into custody. Their findings are as follows:
      SED
      Shady Williams - 2x .50s and 2x Packed Money.

Mike Regal - 1x .50

Martin James - 2x .50 1x case of .50 ammo.

The people present exhibit #6 to the courts. Exhibit #6 is showing the probably cause that gave Police the ability to search the entire property of Davis Self Storage. The Prosecution would like to note once again the amount of firearms found on the suspects at the location.
    Exhibit #7: Approved Search Warrants
    Approved Search Warrant for 60 Carson Avenue's CCTV data.
    Approved Search Warrant for Arnold King's financial records.
    Approved Search Warrant for DeAndre King's financial records.
    Approved Search Warrant for 60 Carson Avenue executed on September, 14th, 2022.
    The Prosecution shows exhibit #7 to the courts. Once again, the Prosecution would like to note the work done by the LSPD on this case. It is clear they have gone through the proper means and filed all the necessary warrants to get the information required. Each search warrant was approved by the Judicial Branch with clear probable cause.

The Prosecution thanks the courts for hearing our case-in-chief and turns the response over to the defense.

Deputy Attorney General
    Colt Daniels
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

The defense in this case has failed to provide their cross examination of the prosecutions case-in-chief within the allotted forty-eight hours, therefore I will be continuing this case into the defenses case-in-chief. They will be given forty-eight hours to provide this, once complete, the prosecution will be given forty-eight hours to provide their cross examination.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    Colt Daniels
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

Once again the defense has failed to have any correspondence with the court throughout the duration of this trial, this time, their own case-in-chief. As the forty-eight hours have elapsed allowing for their response I will now be moving into closing arguments. The prosecution now has forty-eight hours to give their closing arguments to the court, once completed the defense will be allowed forty-eight hours of their own. Following the defense, if they give arguments, the prosecution will be given another forty-eight hours for any final arguments. At that time I will deliberate and return with my verdict.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    Hope Kant
    Judicial Branch
    ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Hope Kant »

Docket Notice

Thank you all for coming to the docket today to read the closing arguments of the Prosecution. The Prosecution during this docket trial has proven without a doubt multiple things:
      1. DeAndre King is the registered owner and operator of Davis Storage.
      2. There are no written records of contracts between him or any other persons for a storage unit, as none have been provided.
      3. There are no financial records to show any sort of exchange of services between the two parties as alleged.
      4. There are lots of significant cash deposits from DeAndre King into his own account. Significant meaning 100,000 dollars and up.
      5. There were 17 illegal gun attachments, 1 pump shot gun, 1 SMG, and 118 ammo in total in one storage unit. A storage business with a hidden room more akin to a club atmosphere.
      6. Upon raiding Davis Storage, there were multiple armed felons that were arrested.
      7. Multiple search warrants were reviewed and approved by the Judicial Branch into both the defendants and their property.
      While each individual point concludes nothing on it's own, when seen together paints a much more sinister story. What appears to be a gang headquarters is masquerading as a rental storage unit. A rental storage unit company that appears to have only one customer. With no financial records between the alleged customer and the rental company, a reasonable person can only conclude that both were in on it from the beginning. Using the storage company as a front to store and sell their illegal weaponry. A base of operations for their gang.

The Prosecution believes any reasonable person to see the picture as we have presented. At this point it is only just to find both the defendants guilty of WF04 - Unlicensed transfer of firearms, ammunition and body armor, WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications, and GF18 - Racketeering. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
    Colt Daniels
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

• Counselors,

I thank you for your submissions throughout this trial. At this time I will not be allowing any further arguments. Please allow forty-eight hours as I deliberate and return with a verdict.

Respectfully,

Associate Justice
    Colt Daniels
    Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT

#23-CM-0028

A decision was reached in the above case on the 11th day of October, 2023.

Let it be known that DeAndre King has since charges his name to DeAndre Stacks. Any mention of DeAndre King throughout this case and verdict is to be applied to DeAndre Stacks.

In the case of #23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre King and Arnold King, the court has carefully considered the evidence presented during the docket trial, which involves a complex set of charges. The charges brought against the defendants included WF04 - Unlicensed Transfer of Firearms, Ammunition, and Body Armor, WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications, and GF18 - Racketeering.

The prosecution commenced their case by establishing the ownership of Davis Storage, showing that DeAndre King was the registered owner and operator of the facility based on business registration records. This served as a crucial piece of evidence in linking DeAndre King to the charges in question.

The absence of written records of contracts or financial transactions between DeAndre King and Arnold King, who purportedly rented a storage unit, raised questions about the legitimacy of their rental agreement. The lack of proper documentation called into question the legality of the transactions associated with the storage unit.

The charge of WF04 - Unlicensed Transfer of Firearms, Ammunition, and Body Armor is concerned with the sale, transfer, lending, giving, or buying of registered and unregistered firearms, ammunition, or body armor without proper authorization from the Firearms and Licensing Division of the Los Santos Police Department. The prosecution presented substantial evidence, including significant cash deposits into DeAndre King's personal account and the discovery of a substantial quantity of illegal gun attachments, firearms, and ammunition in one of the storage units, indicating a clear violation of this law.

The charge of WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications pertains to the unlawful possession or control of weapon modification items such as suppressors, armor-piercing ammunition, and illegal scopes. The presence of numerous illegal gun attachments within the storage unit clearly pointed to a violation of this law.

Throughout the trial, it was evident that DeAndre King made significant cash deposits into his account, suggesting financial transactions related to the illegal activities. These financial dealings underscored the seriousness of the charges and indicated the defendants' involvement in unlawful activities.

The charge of GF18 - Racketeering involves a person who has committed at least two acts of racketeering activity, as defined within the San Andreas Penal Code, drawn from any felony charge of the State of San Andreas within a 1-year period. These acts must be related to an enterprise, which is defined as any coordinated, cooperative, or collaborative activity undertaken by two or more persons with the intention of achieving financial or other material gain. The evidence presented during the trial, including hidden rooms and the presence of armed individuals during a police raid at Davis Storage, strongly supported the prosecution's claim that the facility was used as a base for criminal activities potentially associated with a gang. This painted a picture of the storage facility being an enterprise engaged in illegal activities.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
    • On the count of WF04 - Unlicensed Transfer of Firearms, Ammunition, and Body Armor, I find the defendant, DeAndre King (Stacks), guilty.
    • On the count of WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications, I find the defendant, DeAndre King (Stacks), guilty.
    • On the count of GF18 - Racketeering, I find the defendant, DeAndre King (Stacks), guilty.

• On the count of WF04 - Unlicensed Transfer of Firearms, Ammunition, and Body Armor, I find the defendant, Arnold King, guilty.
    • On the count of WM03 - Possession of Weapon Modifications, I find the defendant, Arnold King, guilty.
    • On the count of GF18 - Racketeering, I find the defendant, Arnold King, guilty.

In accordance with the guilty verdicts rendered in the case of #23-CM-0028, State of San Andreas v. DeAndre and Arnold King, the court hereby sentences both defendants to 145 months to be served at Bolingbrook Penitentiary. Additionally, both defendants are fined a total of $9,500.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”