May 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

May 2023 Press Release

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the May Press Release!
It's scary to think that we're almost half way through 2023.
May has had many ups and downs at Bolingbroke, we have had a few notable situations such as the situation at Burgershot where many of our units were called into the city, which you can read about here. You can also check out our current coloring contest which ends on June 10th. June is a very special month at SADOC due to Pride Month as well as our bi-yearly award ceremony which we will be hosting later this month. Next month's press release will be a very special one.
We hope you enjoy reading.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month May 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I would have to say my most memorable achievement would have to be my Incarcerated Expressions program, which is where inmates get to create art in the form of drawing or writing and have the chance to express themselves. This program will fully launch in June and I can't wait for everyone to see the art already created! My second most memorable achievement would have to be realizing how many opportunities SADOC has to offer a growing officer.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My next goals would be to help those who want to reform and get back into the legal side of work, and to help them with any struggles they have in the process. I would also like to help expand on helping inmates express themselves so that we can hopefully help them understand themselves and help us understand them as a person a bit more. Public Relations is another big drive for me, and I want to produce fun events that my fellow coworkers and the citizens of Los Santos can enjoy!

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
SADOC is a family, and it's a really fun group of people to work with. But with the fun and bonding, there is, of course, the nitty-gritty of the job. That means dealing with the few inmates who can really get under your skin. And my word to those wanting to apply, is to make sure you can stand tall and take those blows. If you do fall, your colleagues will be there to catch you. Because in the end, this job is 100 percent worth it all, and I am so happy to call SADOC home.

Divisional Spotlight -
  • What is Public Relations?

Public Relations is the central point of communication and engagement between the San Andreas Department of Corrections and the Public as well as other Government Agencies. We handle the distribution of information such as press releases and other special articles, but also organize fun events, handle partnerships with businesses, and also internally distribute information. PR really has a wide purview of different things we can do to help engage with the public and we're always looking for different ways to do so. For example our excellent employee of the month Remmi Raccoon, is behind the idea for the coloring contest we currently having going on. Really PR is the division you come to when you have vision and want to really make impacts outside of DOC.

What is Public Relations like?
    The Public Relations division is just as fun as the Events we host. That's not to say it doesn't involve hard work or stressful moments, because it absolutely does just like any other division at the SADOC, but the people who work in this division are some of the greats colleagues you could ever have. The hard work and stress perils in comparison to the smiles and amazing attitudes of the people who work in PR. But atop all of that is the impact we have on the public is the reason anyone does this work. Part of SADOCs core values is Selfless Commitment to Service, that means serving the people of the Great State of San Andreas wholeheartedly, and that's what really brings us joy.

Message From The Head of Public Relations, Oliver Dutch:
    Oliver Dutch wrote: Honestly our division is the most public facing one of the DOC and all the information about it can really be found above, yes we have rules and policies that maintain order within the division, but that said the work this division does doesn't spawn from the branding or format guidelines we provide to our officers. The work we do is made possible because of the drive and creativity that each and everyone of the members of PR brings to the table, and that's something we really encourage people to do is take their own ideas and run with them. So really want to use this spot really to recognize the amazing job that the officers who work in PR do. I don't want to name names, because at that point I'd just be copying and pasting the entire roster of PR, everyone contributes in their own way and makes this division what it is. For some thats writing really intriguing articles for our press releases or negotiating partnerships with businesses in our community, for others its planning rally races throughout the state. As the Head of the Division I help write the press releases and guide peoples work, but you all are the reason we succeed, each and everyone of you should be proud of yourselves. Great jobs guys, keep up the great work!
Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two people meeting with a friend
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Time Trial Event
    • A few days ago, we had a small event with our officers and some reformees from our Felon Reformation Program. It was a Rally Cross type of event but it was more so of a time trial. Most of the times were really close with a few exceptions. The first race was Sargant Jemima, he was doing really well for the most part but when he was about the take the last turn, he spun out and crashed into a rock stalling his car. This was the downfall of his race has that setback caused him to get a time of 1:24.34.

On the other hand Kopi Racoon and Alex Pedolski had the two fastest times, with only a few seconds separating them. Kopi had a fast lap finishing in 0:46.3. He took all the turns perfectly and was able to cross the finish line in a quick time. Kopi's time was soon beaten by Alex. Similar to Kopi, Alex had a flawless lap, making all the turns perfectly and not spinning out once, he finished in a time of 0:45.63.

No one's lap could compare to Mason Bathsheba's time though, he finished in a whopping time of 3:04.47. He took his time, making sure the drive the speed limit, not breaking any traffic laws, showing us how reformed he has become.

We would like to thank both the LSSD's HED Deputies who assisted us as well as Bayview for their assistance. Here are some photos from the event!
      Photos

((Full Imgur Album https://imgur.com/a/5MDJ3pw))
    Inmate of the Month

Melody Frey

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
    • Why do you do illegal things?
      • Honestly, I feel with our ideologies, we are a much better and safer alternative to the current standards of the LSPD. They are no different than a majority of other gangs, ultimately going out of their way to provoke and attack citizens frequently. In Los Santos, you are either a criminal, or you are in law enforcement. The reason there is no in-between is because of them.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
      • The guards are usually really chill. Oh, and the lawnmower.

• What's your least favorite thing?
      • People who constantly try to bait fights or rob other inmates.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
      • I would just prefer if you guys just killed some of the inmates to be honest, like some of them just don't really have a place in the world anymore.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
      • I would fire everyone and hire all of Underground, then I'd use it as our new HQ and declare us a sovereign state.

• Is there someone or something you miss while in jail?
      • My wife.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
      • Because PD is a massive L gang and loves to get mad at us for doing their jobs for them.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
      • "Respect our existence, or expect resistance."

Public Tours

Tour DOC!

If you are an employee of another government agency or are a member of the public, then you have the opportunity to take a tour of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and learn more about what goes on in the prison!
    Glorious SADOC!
    A tour can be a great way to find out some more information if you are considering applying to the Department of Corrections, or even if you are one of our interdepartmental colleagues who wish to find out more about our department. We even allow groups to participate in a tour of the facility, provided each member of the group has signed the application form, and they meet the requirements.

Once your application has been accepted, then you can head over to the Department of Corrections, where one of the members of our Public Relations Division will guide you on your tour around the facility.

A full list of requirements and restrictions, as well as how to sign up, can be found *HERE*.
    Correctional Officer Spotlight

• Correctional Officer II Kopi Raccoon - #962
        This month, we selected Correctional Officer II Kopi Raccoon for our Correctional Officer Spotlight. Kopi has been with us for about a month now and has truly exemplified excellence in the work he has done.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
        I can't quite say I have had a single most memorable moment my entire first month at the DOC has been wonderful the entire department has not only made myself, but Remmi feel so welcome and at home. It has truly been a delight to work with such a great group of individuals who always prop each other up, and have each other's backs!
        Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
        I hope to have Psych running as its own standalone division to take a bit of pressure off of CMT. I believe our officers after stressful situations could do well with someone to speak with privately and with complete confidentiality. I also find that a few of our inmates could benefit from some psychiatric assistance in ensuring that they are ready to be integrated back into society.
        What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
        Every day is a challenge. Sometimes the challenge can be restless inmates and keeping them entertained so they don't become bored and start acting out due to said boredom. Then we have high-pressure situations where a hostage scenario has begun or a total riot in the cell block. I love having to constantly be on my toes and ready to take action at a moments notice.
      Employee Ajustments
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
        • #923 Carlin Wednesday
        • #943 Gunner Magnusson
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
        • #242 Reina Moraine
      • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
        • #957 Aaliyah Jones
        • #961 Remmi Raccoon
        • #962 Kopi Raccoon
        • #954 Nathaniel Ford
      • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
        • #963 Mylo Robinson
        • #956 Nicole Gardner
        • #964 Mark Herrera
        • #967 Martin Elias
        • #965 Gator Allen

• REINSTATEMENTS
        This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
      • ImageCorrectional Officer II
        • #864 Hukaz Zidane
        • #873 Randy Carnage
      Phone Calls
          When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
          Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
            Promotions
            Demotions
            Suspensions
            Medical Leaves
            Resignations
            Terminations

Recruitment
            Total Applications
            Accepted
            Denied
            Pending
            Reinstatements
            Withdrawn
            Number of Academies
            New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
            Total Trainings completed
            Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
            Total Requests
            Tours Conducted
          • Duty Reports
            Processing
            Code 1s
            Force 6
            Solitary
            Duty Reports
          Recruitment Status
          Recruitment
           ! Message from: Human Resources Command
          Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
            • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
          • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
            • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
          • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
          • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
          • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
            • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
          • Additional Requirements:
            • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
            • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
            • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
            • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
          Closing Message from the Warden
          And that ends our May Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
          The PR team has been very busy the last month with racing events as well as movie nights. I would like to encourage those that are ex-felons and looking to reform to go through the Felon Reformation Program as we invite those on the program to the majority of our events, as well as offer support in your reformation in anyway you need.
          I suggest keeping an eye on the public section of our website this month as we have a few special things planned.
          Happy Pride Month!

Kourtney Lafleur
          Warden
          San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
          Corporal, Head of Public Relations
          San Andreas Department of Corrections
          [email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
            Sergeant