Post by Herrman Wolff »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Herrman Wolff
    Phone Number: 298-4429
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Agency: Content Manager
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I am just looking for some clarification surrounding enforcements when the release of NA002-23bc. Is this release specifically talking about non-enforcement in regard to theft and scamming, or is it a blanket non-enforcement.

If it is a blanket non-enforcement, then would the LSPD refuse to pursue criminal charges against individuals who breach NDA Contracts they have signed but have not been authenticated by the Judicial Branch, such as the Government NDA Contract?
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear Herrman Wolff,

Thank you for the question. The advisory is obviously aimed at private vehicle and property sales to prevent scams, but it does apply to other potential agreements between private citizens. Allow me to direct you to the first sentence: "The Vice Unit of the Major Crimes Division, which investigates crimes involving scams and fraud reported to the LSPD, will not recognize contracts as legally binding if they are not authenticated by the Contract Authenticity Office". I hope it is clear here that the advisory is coming directly from the Vice Unit, which deals with crimes such as fraud and illegal operations.

The advisory is essentially warning people that the LSPD may deny crime reports if they rely on a contract that has not been authenticated, not that the LSPD won't enforce contracts at all. I hope this is communicated by the last sentence: "the Vice unit ... reserves the right to reject crime reports that do not have authenticated contracts".

To be clear, this does not refer to contracts entered with the government, such as business licenses and non-disclosure agreements. Since these agreements are made with the government, they are considered enforceable, even if they aren't authenticated by the Judicial Branch specifically. The Judicial Branch is only mentioned because that is the only way for two private citizens to enter a legally binding agreement with each other, without one of them being the government.

I hope this is clear, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
    Los Santos Police Department
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Information [Weazel News]