[NEWSLETTER #12] l SASG Updates - May

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
Oj Wood
Public Relations Strategist
ECRP Forum Name: Oj Wood

LSEMS Awards

SASG Awards

SAJB Awards

[NEWSLETTER #12] l SASG Updates - May

Post by Oj Wood »

Introduction
Welcome to the latest edition of our San Andreas State Government newsletter. This newsletter aims to give the public a general idea of what we have accomplished since the previous newsletter. Please remember that our community letterbox has reopened and is available for you to ask questions or raise queries.
New Employees
Jamie Richardson,GSB wrote: Joining the Government Security Bureau is a great opportunity to serve my country and protect national security. I work alongside highly skilled professionals, tackle complex challenges, and have the chance to make a meaningful impact. The GSB provides extensive training and development opportunities, as well as the chance to work on cutting-edge technology and initiatives. Additionally, working in the GSB can be a highly rewarding career, offering a sense of purpose and the satisfaction of contributing to the greater good.
Milo Quinn,SAAA wrote: I began my career in aviation not long after high school while serving in the US Army. After 18 months spent in WOFT (flight school) I was assigned to the 185th Aviation Brigade where I spent the following 6 1/2 years flying the Sikorsky HH-60M MEDEVAC Black Hawk. I had been shown the world from above and I couldn't imagine not being able to see that again. So, I applied to SAAA, where I could take what I've learned and share it with others to make a safer, more enjoyable flight experience for anyone who wishes to fly in our beautiful skies.
Hazel Adams,SAAA wrote:I would say my biggest motivator in life is learning new skills, you can gain so much fulfilment from improving your knowledge through different career paths in life. As Albert Einstein once said "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Edward Bronson,LRC wrote: My decision to join the SA Government simply came from a want to do more and be part of more. This year I will be entering my 40th year on this Earth and while I have been able to accomplish a fair amount in that time, I truly believe my work within SAGOV will be the pinnacle of my achievements.

I've been quite inspired by the growth of the Government in San Andreas. Just seeing what they've accomplished with the various branches is quite amazing. So as a cog in the wheel, I look forward to doing my part to keep things moving in a positive direction for the State, the City, and the Citizens.
Promotions
Over the past month, we have had a lot of individuals promoted within the San Andreas State Government. With each step they take more responsibility but also means they can make a greater impact on the city. I am sure you will be glad to congratulate them on their new promotions.

Internship ► Government Official
  • Andy Tyrie - Law Review Committee
  • Edward Bronson - Law Review Committee
Government Official ► Senior Government Official
  • Kim Taek - Public Relations Bureau
Lead Government Official ►Executive Government Official
  • Lilymay Bryd - Public Relations Bureau
Executive Government Official ►Deputy Director
  • James Hawkes - SAAA
Recognition of Service
I am writing with great sadness to inform the city of Los Santos of the resignation of a member of the Government Security Bureau, Dai Chaos. He joined GSB on the 16th of February 2023 and since then he has worked his way up the ranks and become a trusted and well-liked member of SASG.
OJ Wood, PR Director wrote: After working closely with Dai Chaos over the prior months, I have realised he was professional, and caring and wanted to provide protection, not only to government employees but also to the citizens of Los Santos. He has moved on and I hope he continues to develop and reach his dream of becoming an officer/deputy again.
Andreas O'Conner, GSB Director wrote:Agent Chaos was a highly valued member of the Government Security Bureau. Agent Chaos stood out due to his proactivity and eagerness to offer his assistance to anyone in need.
We extend him our gratitude for his continuous work and for providing safety for both SASG and JB personnel for the betterment of the GBS.
We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours and hope that he will continue to shine in his new position at the Los Santos Police Department.
Special Awards
This section is for special awards given by the San Andreas State Government. Recently we have had issues with our provider and we have fallen slightly behind on awarding them.

3 Month Service Ribbon
Awarded for three months service.

James Hawkes - SAAA
OJ Wood- PR
Franco Morelli- GSB
Completion of Internship Ribbon
Awarded to those who have successfully passed their Internship and have become a full member of the Los Santos State Government.

OJ Wood- PR
James Hawkes- SAAA
Supervisory Ribbon
Awarded for reaching the rank of Senior Government Official or higher.

James Hawkes- SAAA
Franko Morelli- GSB
OJ Wood- PR
Command Ribbon
Awarded for reaching the rank of Assistant Director or higher.

Zac Jones PHB
Johnnie HillPWB
OJ Wood- PR
Tiffany Brent PHB

Director Ribbon
Awarded for reaching the rank of Director or higher.
OJ Wood- PR
Tiffany Brent PHB
Ava Raven PWB
GSB
The GSB is tasked with mitigating the risks of “trusted people” exploiting their access to material, protecting IT kits and data from unauthorised access and ensuring central systems remain out of reach of hostile threats, protecting government buildings, and providing security advice to the staff inside them. They maintain a high level of security for government employees with extreme professionalism. This bureau is an essential part of the San Andreas Government.

GSB was first introduced in May 2022, which aimed to protect government workers throughout their everyday tasks. Since then they have developed into providing close protection services to the Judicial Branch. GSB are looking for keen individuals who can assist in ensuring the safety of the SASG. If you think you are highly professional and dedicated towards the safety of others. This is the bureau for you.
Recruitment Post
Recent Events
On the 14th of April 2023, We hosted our first event for the Pier Regeneration project and in my opinion it was a great success! We counted over 60 people attending the Pier party! I would like to say a huge thank you to all citizens who are supporting the development of the pier and I hope to see you all again soon. The next event at the Pier will be towards the beginning of May so keep an eye out for weazel announcements and posters.

I have attached some of the photos from the event below:
Poster
Pier Party Photo Album

EASTER CELEBRATIONS
Easter Sunday fell on the 9th of April this year, and it has seen several Easter events happen across the state. The San Andreas State Government was pleased to host an Easter Food Giveaway at the Del Perro Pier.

The smaller scale event was part of our social space rejuvenation project and saw over 45 burgers being given out to the citizens of San Andreas who came down. The individuals who turned up for some food were also treated to live music by DJ Ruwin Korbel who even let some of the Government Directors try their hands on the spin decks.

The San Andreas State Government wants to thank everyone who came down to dance and take part. Easter is a time of giving and to come together and even in this smaller gathering across the state, the spirit of Easter could be felt.
SOCIAL SPACE REJUVENATION
Citizens may have noticed more and more pop up events from the Government, such as the Easter Food Giveaway. These events are part of a much wider scale project underway by the Government in an effort to rejuvenate social spaces across the state. Key areas under focus are currently the Del Perro Pier and Burgershot.

The rejuvenation of social spaces is one of the many projects underway by the Public Relations Bureau and is an attempt to get citizens returning to many of the open spaces across the state to promote a better sense of community and overall wellbeing.

Pop-up and planned events will be continued to be held at these social spaces in an effort to promote natural activities that draw in individuals from across the state. Each area that is slated to be improved is also being individually examined to see what can be done to improve the space and promote rejuvenation. The Del Perro Pier has already been chosen as the location for two properties that can be leased by the public and as well as improving the area by placing CCTV cameras in strategic locations in order to deter crime which, in the past, was high.

The work to rejuvenate public spaces is being spearheaded by the Public Relations
Bureau, but also heavily involves other governmental departments, such as the Property and Housing Bureau and the Public Works Bureau. The co-operation of governmental departments, in a way mirrors the desired outcome of the rejuvenation project as it intends to bring the citizens of the state closer together and in turn should provide more natural activity areas across the state.

If you have any suggestions or feedback from the events. Please feel free to contact OJ Wood via email or leave a message in the community letterbox.
Showcasing Local Businesses
During my time as Director of Public Relations, I have spoken to many citizens who wish to open their own businesses, I know I was one of those individuals when I first came to the city. It is a process that can take time, dedication and hard work to get off the ground. The San Andreas State Government have come up with a project to support those small local businesses. For those who know me, you will soon realise I am awful at coming up for names for this project but here I go...

Small business Saturdays.
I know you a probably thinking that the name is great and original! The idea behind Small Business Saturdays is for people that are struggling with advertising their businesses can come and speak to myself as the PR director and I will decide one small business in the city to support. I will decide what support will be given based on the business but I will provide a few examples of the things I will be able to offer.
  • Blip Cost
  • Adverts
  • Posters throughout the city
  • Posts on advertisement Boards
  • Newsletter on your local business.
I would like to refer you back to a newsletter that the former director of Public Relations Bureau created in 2022, [NEWSLETTER #1] Business Showcase - Andollini's Winery. This newsletter was a showcase for a single local business. Over the coming months, I hope to find a few small businesses that are currently in operation but aren't always recognised by individuals.

If you have a small business and would like the opportunity to be in a Business showcase in the future. Please contact OJ Wood via email.
CLOSING STATEMENT
Easter firmly marked the start of the second quarter of the year and gives us one last chance to reflect on the first quarter as a whole. We, at the Government, continue to work towards improving the life of every citizen in the state and this includes many different approaches from different governmental departments. A strong sense of community is important for any state and San Andreas is no different as we continue to help promote this throughout the year with more strong initiatives from the San Andreas State Government.
CONTACT INFORMATION

• OJ Wood, Esq.
      Director | Public Relations Bureau
      San Andreas State Government
      [email protected]
      ☏ 452-3997

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”