April 2023 Press Release

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Department of Corrections
Correctional Officer
ECRP Forum Name:

April 2023 Press Release

Post by Department of Corrections »

Opening Message
Welcome to the April Press Release!
The last month has felt strangely short but we have been very busy behind the scenes working on a lot of new fun things, namely optimising our new Supervisor Training Program.
It has been a relatively quiet month in the cellblock with barely any large situations (which I have now jinxed). We have also changed our policy on returning items to released civilians as we now return all items. We were originally terrified about an Officer getting stabbed as they returned a knife but no issues with that yet (and jinxed that as well...).
I hope you enjoy reading this month's press release!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month April 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I would say my most memorable achievements would be becoming the Head of Public Relations followed by the Assistant Head of Bailiff Services, and becoming Corporal. Oh and Employee of the Month of course!

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Right now my long term goal is becoming Command followed by recruiting more people into PR and making it the best division SADOC has ever seen.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
It is a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong you will be doing a lot of hard work, but the people are what make SADOC what it is and they are all just amazing to work with. If you join SADOC you should also join PR, we do more than just the press release you are reading right now, we also host a lot of fun events and get to cover a lot of interesting stuff happening here at SADOC.

Divisional Spotlight - Correctional Emergency Response Team
  • What is C.E.R.T?
    CERT is DOC's Emergency Response Team, they are responsible for ensuring the safety of the prison and everyone in and around it. They are our personal line of defense and tasked with responding to incidents, riots, hostage situations, cell extractions, mass searches, or disturbances within the prison. They may also be required to aid when dealing with uncooperative or violent inmates. It is CERT's job to ensure the success and safety of high-risk transports.

What is C.E.R.T like?
    First the officer has to apply to the division, once looked over and accepted by a member of CERT command they move on to their interview stage. If their interview was successful, they will be sent a contract and must be cleared by MD's CRU team. Once all that's taken care of the officer is officially a Probationary Operator, during their Probationary period they will learn and be trained in breaching, Kamacho, Brickade, and pump shotgun certification. Once they pass all their training they will be promoted to an Operative, they then have the choice of getting SMG certified. If a CERT Operative wants to become a CERT instructor and train our other CERT staff and Probationary Operators, they can apply to become one, the application is looked over by CERT command staff. If accepted, they must be shadowed by CERT command and decide whether they can instruct the training on their own.

SNIPER!
    Our Senior CERT members have the choice of applying to be sniper certified if they meet the requirements. If accepted by CERT command they are then brought in and they will learn how the sniper operates, they will reload, unload, and keep it in a ready position. Once the officer has been sniper certified they are ready to deploy a sniper when the time comes and they will be ready to take out the active threat.

Message From The Commander of CERT
    Deputy Warden Steve Blata wrote:
    CERT plays a critical role in maintaining the security and order of our prison facility. Members undergo extensive training and are equipped with specialized equipment and tools to handle high-risk situations. They are called upon to respond to a variety of incidents, including riots, cellblock shakedowns, hostage situations, and high priority prison transports.

In the event of a riot, CERT members are responsible for quelling the disturbance and restoring order. They are trained to use force only as a last resort, and their priority is always the safety and well-being of both staff and inmates. During cellblock shakedowns, CERT members use their expertise to search for and confiscate any contraband items such as drugs or weapons. Hostage situations are rare but can be extremely dangerous. In these instances, certain members are trained to negotiate with the hostage-taker while working to secure the safe release of any hostages.

As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we are currently focused on expanding the membership of our CERT team. By increasing the number of trained and skilled members, we can better respond to emergencies and ensure the safety of our staff and inmates. In addition, we are working to enhance the versatility of the training that we offer to CERT members. This will allow us to prepare our team for an even wider range of scenarios and to respond with the highest level of professionalism and expertise. By investing in our CERT team, we are investing in the safety and security of our prison facility and the wider community.
Correctional Officer Spotlight

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
      As a corrections officer for the SADOC, one of my most memorable moments was holding meditation classes. It was amazing to witness the inmates' attitude shift from aggressive to peaceful. I was pleasantly surprised by the high number of requests for these classes afterwards..
      Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
      In the next three months, I am committed to advancing my career as a corrections officer at the DOC by striving to become a supervisor. I am determined to take on additional responsibilities and gain the necessary skills to reach this goal, such as the journey toward command positions within departments like GK and CMT.
      What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
      One of the things I love most about being a corrections officer at the SADOC is having the opportunity to assist and interact with the inmates. Witnessing their growth and success in the reformation division brings me immense joy and fulfillment.
    Visitation
    Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
    Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
    Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
    There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
    • No physical contact
    • No whispering
    • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
    • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
    For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
    Inmate of the Month

Tom Mathers

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
    • Why do you do illegal things?
      • I think it is very funny to do illegal things.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
      • My favorite part about DOC is instigating shits among the inmates and Guards and witnessing fights. I enjoy being a little trouble maker.

• What's your least favorite thing?
      • probably when inmates fuck around and find out and are Pikachu surprised when we get put on a lockdown after they beat each other up for a set of dirty pants.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
      • I would have a MacDonald play place for all the annoying monkeys in DOC to go play in.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
      • I would do a DOC Field trip to the beach if I was warden for a day.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
      • I miss the rest of my boys and girls in Underground because they are my day ones.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
      • Because I am one of the only people in the city that are willing to go against the government and blast cops like the disease they are.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
      • Dont let the man hold you down, don't pay your taxes, do crime make money.

Public Tours

Tour DOC!

If you are an employee of another government agency or are a member of the public, then you have the opportunity to take a tour of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and learn more about what goes on in the prison. In order to take a tour of the facility, then you can read the relevant information below and the requirements found *HERE* and submit an application when ready.

Touring the Department of Corrections is a privilege extended to good standing citizens of the state and can be a fantastic way to find out more about the facility and the duties of the team that works there. A tour can be a great way to find out some more information if you are considering applying to the Department of Corrections, or even if you are one of our interdepartmental colleagues who wish to find out more about our department. We even allow groups to participate in a tour of the facility, provided each member of the group has signed the application form, and they meet the requirements.

What Can You Expect?

Once your application has been accepted, then you can head over to the Department of Corrections, where one of the members of our Public Relations Division will guide you on your tour around the facility.

You will start in our front receiving areas, and you will be guided through our inmate intake area where you will get to experience how we process individuals as they come into the prison (including a mock pat down if you are feeling brave). Once cleared of our front area, you will get to visit essential everyday areas such as our Medbay, visitation centre, kitchen, and even the Lance Reddck Memorial Center for the Deaf and Blind.

A key aspect to our in person tours is that they are not just a walk around but also a great chance for you to garner more information about the duties of our staff and facility in general. Our Public Relations Division members are happy to answer questions whilst guiding the tour, where appropriate.

Who Can Apply?

In order to be permitted to take a tour of the Department of Corrections, citizens must be 18 or older and in good standing with the community, as well as having been free from felonies and serious misdemeanour charges for a period of three months.

Individuals should also be mentally, physically, and emotionally stable, and able to follow instructions set out by our Correctional Officers as they are entering an active penitentiary.

A full list of requirements and restrictions can be found *HERE*.

Employee Ajustments
    • ImageCorporalImageSergeant
      • #888 Julia Chedhamenou
    • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
      • #871 Randy Lee
      • #925 Gina Willow
      • #914 Oliver Dutch
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
      • #912 Jemma Smith
      • #708 Mia Adams
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #917 Martin Murtaugh
      • #923 Carlin Wednesday
      • #943 Gunner Magnusson
      • #930 Alex Pedolski
    • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #561 Danielle Young
      • #942 Tommy Cole
      • #937 Quandale Bingus
      • #935 Charles Swift
      • #869 Alia Jet
    • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #949 Herrman Wolff
      • #948 Leo Marks
      • #545 Marcus Donovan
      • #947 Max Burrow
      • #954 Nathaniel Ford

• REINSTATEMENTS
      This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
    • ImageSenior Correctional Officer
      • #891 Jack Goodnight
    • ImageCorrectional Officer II
      • #833 Anthony Gray

• TRANSFERS
      This month we welcomed some Transfers from the Los Santos Police Department, Los Santos County Sheriffs Department and other Prisons Far and wide!
    • ImageCorrectional Officer III
      • #952 Gordon Hyde
      • #951 Tyrell Lee
    • ImageCorrectional Officer I
      • #953 Claire Allen
    Phone Calls
        When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
        Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
          Promotions
          Demotions
          Suspensions
          Discharges

Recruitment
          Total Applications
          Accepted
          Denied
          Pending
          Reinstatements

Correctional Field Training
          Total Trainings completed
          Total Instructors Shadowed
        • Public Tour Request
          Total Requests
          Tours Conducted
        Recruitment Status
        Recruitment
         ! Message from: Human Resources Command
        Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
          • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
        • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
          • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
        • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
        • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
        • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
          • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
        • Additional Requirements:
          • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
          • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
          • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
          • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
        Closing Message from the Warden
        And that ends our April Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
        The PR team has been very busy the last month with racing events as well as movie nights. I would like to encourage those that are ex-felons and looking to reform to go through the Felon Reformation Program as we invite those on the program to the majority of our events, as well as offer support in your reformation in anyway you need.
        Have a great May!

Kourtney Lafleur
        Warden
        San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Oliver Dutch
        Corporal, Head of Public Relations
        San Andreas Department of Corrections
        [email protected]

Jimmithy Jemima
          Sergeant