Post by Mason Royal »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Mason Royal
    Phone Number: 3848473
    E-Mail Address: MasonRoyal@weazelnews
    Position in Agency: Senior Content Creator
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • I'm currently writing a article on speed camera use in Los Santos, and i would love to get any information on how the the Police Department deal with speeding offences such as punishments for the offense and how the different cruiser placements around Los Santos can help deter Speeders.
Mason Royal
Senior Content Creator
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Re: Request for Comment - Weazel News

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request for Comment - Weazel News

@Mason Royal,

Thank you for submitting your request. I hope this finds you well and in good health.

Could you please elaborate on the specifics of your request? The speed cameras established within the City of Los Santos were introduced based on an initiative by City Hall through the State Government and are not maintained or managed by the Los Santos Police Department.

All penalties accompanying the offenses of speeding within the State of San Andreas are publicly documented within the State of San Andreas Penal Code.

Respectfully,
    Assistant Chief Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Mason Royal
Emergency Medical Responder
ECRP Forum Name: ROYALHYRAM1

Post by Mason Royal »

Dear Officer Blake,

First of all i would like to say thank you for the speedy response, in your first email you have answered part of my question already!
Now I am juts wondering what LSPD does themselves to help deter speeding and the punishment giving out if someone is caught doing so.

Thank you
Mason Royal
Sent form my Ifruit
Mason Royal
Senior Content Creator
Elena Flores
Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name: Pazz

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Post by Elena Flores »

lspdlogo
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Re: Request for Comment - Weazel News

@Mason Royal,

The Los Santos Police Department, many years ago, established a traffic division with the purpose of countering and deterring the significant number of traffic violations, including speeding, committed every day. This division has continuously evolved over the years and has taken on many forms, but it has never strayed away from its main purpose, which is the specific enforcement of traffic laws established by the State within the City of Los Santos.

The Department's traffic division operates under a zero-tolerance policy in their day-to-day operations. This practice is in place, not only to deter and penalize those in violation of the established traffic laws but also to further educate the general public on traffic laws. The zero-tolerance policy requires any traffic officers of the Department to ensure that individuals violating traffic laws, first and foremost, are properly educated and further penalized to the extent of the State of San Andreas Penal Code. Traffic officers by policy may not apply their discretion when handling a traffic violation, such as not issuing a demerit where applicable, as their primary duty and responsibility is the enforcement of those very violations.

The Department's traffic division further hosts operations with its personnel, including but not limited to establishing checkpoints and dynamic speed traps within the City of Los Santos.

All officers of the Department, regardless of their division and assignment, are expected to pay attention to any and all potential violations that they may come across while conducting their duties, and as such, are expected to handle traffic violations. After all, their purpose is to protect and to serve.

As previously mentioned, all penalties accompanying the offenses of speeding within the State of San Andreas are publicly documented within the State of San Andreas Penal Code. Based on the SAPC, officers of the Department shall issue citations and demerits, or press relevant charges, where applicable and necessary.

Respectfully,
    Assistant Chief Elena Blake
    Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF POLICE Elena Flores
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Isabella Cavallera »