[NEWSLETTER #11] SASG Updates - April

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
Oj Wood
Public Relations Strategist
ECRP Forum Name: Oj Wood

LSEMS Awards

SASG Awards

SAJB Awards

[NEWSLETTER #11] SASG Updates - April

Post by Oj Wood »

Introduction
Welcome to the latest edition of our San Andreas State Government newsletter. This newsletter aims to give the public a general idea of what we have accomplished since the previous newsletter. I am happy to announce that the community letterbox has reopened and will be working slightly differently, if you don't feel comfortable using it, you may email Director OJ Wood and he will get back to you as soon as possible.
New Employees
Kim Taek, Public Relations wrote:It is exciting to join the government team. A lot to look forward to, especially when it comes to Public Relations. We have big things planned and I think we have the team and the resources to execute these plans. The government was not known for doing big public events but that is about to change! I don’t care too much about what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.
Martin Murtaugh, Property and Housing wrote: One of my many personal goals has always been to serve the State Government of San Andreas. I have always believed it to be the highest level of service one can give to society and the people therein. Employment within the walls of City Hall provides each citizen with the ability to participate and make changes to systems of government that affect each and every life each day. I hope to continue to learn more and aid those with like-minded devotion to public service. I consider it a privilege and an honour to work amongst some of the most dedicated citizens this fine state has to offer and I am rather excited to be aboard.
Andy Tyrie, Law Review Comittee wrote:I have joined GOV for the Law Review Committee. During my time here, I may wish to add to my duties, but this is my primary one. I would like to see the penal code constantly improved. I do not see a point of perfection for any charges, but rather that we are always working on bettering them.

Within my time as a police officer, I have seen how the laws are implemented against people. It has given me insight as to how other officers choose to apply the law and what the consequences are for the rest of the public. Personally, I would like to see fewer opportunities for officers to apply the law in their way, with some minor exceptions such as demerits for traffic offenses, etc.
Hunter Savino, GSB wrote:I joined the Los Santos Government Security Bureau because I feel a strong sense of duty and a desire to protect and serve the citizens and fine people of our wonderful city. I have a deep interest in national security and want to make a positive impact. It gives me great pleasure to collaborate with other experts in the field to help maintain daily operations and ensure that they run smoothly and safely. Being a part of the Government Security Bureau gives me a "patriotic purpose" to serve my country and to be an effective and efficient citizen, helping to develop our city to be the best it can be and to repay my debt to the city for all that it has given me.
Promotions

Lilymay Bryd - Government official to Senior Government Official

Julia Chedhamenou- Government Official to Senior Government Official

James Hawkes - Government Official to Government Lead Official

Franco Morelli - Senior Agent to Lead Agent

Zach Jones - Executive Government Official to Deputy Director

Recognition of Service
It is with great sadness that Charles Swift has stepped down from his position as Senior Government official. However, I feel his efforts while working at the San Andreas State Government must be recognised. Here is a quote from the Director of Public Relations
OJ wrote:Charles Swift joined the San Andreas State government in Early December 2022, he played a significant part in ensuring newsletters and press releases were released on time, but more importantly, he supported me throughout my time as an Interim Director.

For those who don't already know Charles Swift is a dedicated individual who spends most of his time supporting people in need throughout the city. He has recently been promoted to assistant Head of CRU and I wish him all the best in his future and look forward to seeing him make a difference in people's lives! Thank you for all your hard work.

Piper Barge is another individual to leave the San Andreas State government, she worked in our Public Relations Bureau. She joined Government last month and in this time she has contributed in different ways.
OJ wrote:Piper was a polite, quiet and hardworking individual, I appreciate all her help during her short time at the SASG. She will be missed and I wish her all the best in future endeavours.
Special Awards

San Andreas State Government
General Operations

Administration Award

On exceptional occurrences, the San Andreas State Government Executive Branch issues the Administration Award to employees that show ideal conduct while helping in their own bureau but in acknowledgment of their contributions to diversified extents across the Executive Branch. Officials that receive this award have demonstrated an exemplary performance on all levels of performance and quality, appertaining to paperwork in the State Government. They should be looked at as role-models when it comes to completing documentation and tasks held in our databases.
Today, we would like to congratulate Lead Official James Hawkes for their unwavering dedication to there administrating work within the Executive Branch of the San Andreas State Government.

Mr Hawkes first joined the State Government on the 18th of January, 2023 as a Flight Assistant (Intern). In his position, Mr. Hawkes has contributed many ideas to the aviation administration, and has been a star instructor within the department. He continues to excel at administrative paperwork including the development of some really stand out handbooks for the administration. We fully expect Mr. Hawkes to continue to preform strongly in the department and we thank him for his continued efforts.

Congratulations and thank you, Lead Official James Hawkes.

Rockford Hills City Hall
Carcer Way, Los Santos.
Bureau Spotlight
This month, we will be spotlighting the San Andreas Aviation Administration. As you already know Director Tyrone Cox stepped into the position of Director of SAAA on 20th December 2022. Since taking over 11 pilots have become fully qualified and individuals have purchased their own helicopters and started to develop an effective air traffic system. Over 40 people are still waiting to complete their Pilots License and the current instructors are working hard to assist as many people as possible.
We are currently looking for individuals who would be keen on progressing the development of SAAA in the future. SAAA is not just looking for flight instructors, they are keen on recruiting individuals who would be interested in investigating aviation problems or crashes within the city of Los Santos.
Recruitment Poster
SAAA Changes
You may already be aware of the recent changes to landing within the state of San Andreas. I have attached a copy of the old handbook and the new and improved version to this newsletter to allow all individuals the chance to see the recent changes.
Changes to Landing Locations

OLD
Old
9. LANDING LOCATIONS
  • Civilian aircraft are permitted to only land on designated landing locations, or those authorized by the property owner (in the instance of the registered islands). Never shall the civilian aircraft land on a police station, hospital, or private business without prior authorization. Never shall the civilian aircraft land on public/private: streets, yards, parking lots, rooftops, decks, driveways, alleys, or banks. In cases of an emergency, these restrictions can be waived at the pilot's discretion subject to investigation.
NEW
New Changes
9. LANDING LOCATIONS
  • HELIPADS

Civilian aircrafts are permitted to only land on designated helipads, or those authorized by the property owner. Never shall the civilian aircraft land on a police station, hospital, banks or private business without prior authorization. Just because there is a helipad, does not mean you can land on it; some are private and require authorization. View the map for public helipads.

GROUND LANDING

Before performing a ground landing the pilot must first make sure to have permission from the landowner prior to touch down in order to land legally (with the exception of emergencies). The pilot might face trespassing charges if they don't have this prior authorization. There may be times when you thought you did everything right and got all the permissions, but if confronted by an individual or law enforcement officer be sure to listen and comply with any requests.

The landing surface must be dry, firm, level and able to support the weight of the aircraft and should have at least one clear approach and departure path. Ensure the surrounding area is free from debris or objects which can become airborne when hit by the rotor wash, avoid any obstructions and steep slopes.

Ground landings are not authorized
    • Inside the city limits
    • Residential areas in Paleto and Sandy Shore
    • Public/private: streets
    • Near highways (500m)
    • Private land without permission.
    In cases of an emergency, these restrictions can be waived at the pilot's discretion subject to investigation.

Ground landings are authorized
    • Public fields such as Grapeseed fields
    • Beach
    • Mountains
    • Highlands
    • Private land with permission
    Helicopter pilots must use their best judgment when considering a potential landing site.

If you are ever unsure about having a helicopter come to your property, ground landing or helipad consult with a member of SAAA beforehand.
The Pier Regeneration project
The San Andreas State Government has recognised the need for social events within the city. We have received numerous suggestions of how this can be improved and to allow people to have a suitable place to relax after a hard day's work. While looking through the general feedback, we noticed that the citizens want to make the pier great again! We are happy to announce a government project called The Pier Regeneration Project.

The overall goal of The Pier Regeneration Project is to bring the citizens of Los Santos together so you can meet new and exciting people, build relationships with each other and give you the opportunity to attend businesses that will be open more often. I hope this will be positive news for individuals within the city. We sometimes forget the importance of communicating and interacting with others. Some of you will remember the days when the Pier was great, lets bring back one of Los Santos's key locations and make it a city hotspot again.

The San Andreas State Government is currently looking for individuals to run an establishment on the pier and ensure it is open on a frequent basis. Currently, we have two properties that we are looking for people to run. The idea behind these applications is to open a property that will function as an active establishment for people to visit while they are visiting the pier. We are willing to provide some financial support to the businesses as we are requesting it to be open at least once a week. As this is a leased building and we want to give all citizens a chance of opening a business, we are providing external contractors to build the interior of the properties based on your business plan and property design. You can apply for this great opportunity under the Property Listings Desk .

Currently, the parking meters on the pier are not working. During your visit to the pier, you will no longer need to pay for a parking ticket; replacement meters will be installed at a later date.
Recruitment Posters
Government Security Bureau
Public Relations Bureau
Law Review Committee
Property and Housing Bureau
Public Works Bureau
CONTACT INFORMATION

• OJ Wood, Esq.
      Director | Public Relations Bureau
      [email protected]
      ☏ 452-3997