RETURN TO DUTY: DETECTIVE CYRUS CARVER

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

lspdlogo

WWW.LSPDONLINE.NET
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
March 20, 2023
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

-

• -
    The Los Santos Police Department sees many Officers come and go from all walks of life. Some officers we see go never return, instead seeking out ventures in other Departments or cities. Those that do return often have an interesting story about their time away from the department and what guided them to return. Below are a few officers that returned to the line of duty and their interviews about what they did during their absence.

Police Detective I Cyrus Carver
    -
    -
    Detective Cyrus Carver is a Detective within the Gang and Narcotics Division of the Detective Bureau. Many officers are enjoying his return to duty and look forward to seeing the amazing work that he will put into Detective Bureau's Gang and Narcotics Division. Below are some questions and answers asked to and provided by him:

Question: What was your reason for taking an absence from police work?
    Detective Carver wrote: The simple answer for my departure was burnout. I've been doing this job for a very long time. Not as long as others of course, I'll always consider myself a department veteran but people like Donnelly and Blake have been here for much longer and I'll always be in awe at how they manage to do the job consistently without burning themselves out. That being said, the job is by no means boring. It genuinely feels like a family in the workplace and we watch each others backs. The thing that led to my departure was the daily routine I did for so long (which is completely normal). We all have those moments where we just need a break and that is exactly what I did. I left and came back rejuvenated.
    Question: Did you miss the job, and if so, what did you miss most?
    Detective Carver wrote: I did miss the job yes, more specifically so - the people. I missed my co-workers and I missed interacting with the general population and working class citizens. I missed the feeling of providing a service. I always found myself reminiscing about the friends I left behind during my departure. The moments we built together and the laughs we shared. It sounds kind of cheesy but trust me when I tell you this, there is a reason that a lot of our retired employees come back.
    Question: What motivated you to return to police work?
    Detective Carver wrote: I felt like it was time to return from my hiatus. I kept looking back at all the memories from back during my time in the department and it pushed me to come back. Sometimes when you do the same thing over and over again you just need to break the imprint you've created over time. Once I took some time away I came back refreshes and as ready as ever.
    Question: What challenges have you faced while readjusting to police work?
    Detective Carver wrote: The main challenges have been adjusting to the two-rank demotion I received upon my return. After sitting as a upervisor for a while you get used to the duties and the job of a supervisor and think less like a patrol officer. Knowing I spent so much time away, I was expecting to lose my place as a supervisor. The thing I did not expect was the difficulty in adjusting. Supervisors and Officers have two completely different roles in the field. Both of them important pieces in the chess board. I've adjusted myself now but it's a completely different experience I had to reaccomodate to.
    Question: What has changed about policing since you left?
    Detective Carver wrote: The main change is the addition of the Judicial Branch. I personally love the change and believe that it provides a fair middle ground for both the civilian side and the police. There has always been tension between the public and the police, I think the creation of the constitution has made a lot of things clearer, but it also does not come without its downsides. I encourage anyone that has an interest in the law to study from direct sources on the government website and I hope to see more passionate citizens around town. The main problem I see are "street lawyers" that like to argue and make life difficult when it comes to police situations. Most of these people are criminals that hear about how things work and think that they know a lot of how legal proceedings and cases work but their attitudes only make things worse and more difficult. I urge anyone that is interested in learning to follow the paths created by the wonderful people at city hall and not just spout randomness. I'll never bash on anyone trying to learn and I encourage everyone to follow their passion!

The Los Santos Police Department sees many officers come and leave from all walks of life. These two officers are just a couple of the many that have returned to duty and their adventure while they were away.
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Written By:

Police Officer III Stafford Lee
    Media Relations Officer, Media Relations Unit
    [email protected]
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    For Information, Contact:

Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”