Press Release February 2023

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release February 2023

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the February 2023 Press Release!
It has been an incredibly busy month at SADOC with many exciting events and changes. Something clicked between the supervisor team this month and we have all been working together behind the scenes on a few new addition that have been announced or are currently behind the scenes.
This month we also had the very exciting carpet poll where the whole of SADOC could vote on whether the carpet in the cellblock was removed. You can see the results of the poll here.
We hope you enjoy reading!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month February 2023
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Since joining SADOC a little over a month ago, I have felt proud of how far I've come in such a short time. I was given a bonus and asked to complete 'Correctional Officer Spotlight' after my first week as a Trainee! That was pretty epic. Also, since joining the HR division, I've learnt so much from my awesome colleagues and have gone from a support team member to an administrator! Overall, I've loved my time here so much and am loving the progression available.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
I want to continue climbing the ranks, hopefully becoming COIII shortly! Also, I'd like to continue within the HR team and I really want to get my teeth stuck into the FRD which I also recently joined.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
It can get really tough sometimes and be very hectic! But it's a great team of genuinely nice people who support each other 100%. It's a great place to work and honestly breaking those walls down between us and the inmates is one of the most rewarding parts of the job. If you're on the fence... apply! You won't regret it!

Division Spotlight - Correctional Services
  • What is Correctional Services?

Correctional Services is the SADOC's newest division. It provides a secure and safe environment for the requesting party, guests and the general public. The Correctional Services Division is divided in three types of duties, Bailiff, Sergeant-at-arms and general Correctional Services duties.

What is Correctional Services like?
    Bailiff duties mainly consist of crowd control, patting civilians down who wish to attend, Addressing Court Staff, watching over the courtroom and dealing with situations in the courtroom. Two or more Bailiffs will be stationed at the front entrance to ensure public safety and organize the crowd in an orderly fashion so that processing may commence with no issues and ensure no one brings in anything that will harm others inside the courtroom.
    The lead Bailiff stands to the left-hand side of the Judge and one stands on the opposite side. At the time of the trial beginning before the judge enters to courtroom the lead bailiff will need to stand on the elevated surface in front the judges chair and says "ALL RISE! The Superior Court of San Andreas is now in session. The Honorable Judge _________ is presiding."

Message From The Head Of Correctional Services
    Corporal Jimmithy Jemima wrote:
    Correctional Services (CS), is bestowed with the responsibility to provide secure and safe environment for both the requesting party, possible guests and the general public, CS also have the privilege of providing a "Sergeant-at-arms" for the House of Representatives, they are charged with protecting the entire section of the building reserved for the San Andreas Congress & the House of Representatives, This includes developing a response plan to any threats should it need to be enacted. The Correctional Services Division is divided in three types of duties: Bailiff duties, Sergeant-at-arms duties and general Correctional Services duties.
    A word from the San Andreas Judicial Branch.
    Chief Justice Colt Daniels wrote:

Chief Justice Colt Daniels
    Bailiffs play a crucial role in court proceedings, ensuring that the law is upheld and that justice is served. They are the ones who keep order in the courtroom and make sure that everyone abides by the rules. Without bailiffs, court proceedings would be a chaotic mess.

Bailiffs are responsible for calling the court to order, ensuring that all participants are safe, and removing disruptive persons from the courtroom. Before proceedings begin, they are also responsible for opening the courtroom to members of the public that wish to watch the proceedings take place and they do so with great care and dedication.

They're professional, efficient, and most importantly, they make sure that justice prevails. It's not an easy job, but they do it with distinction. I'm proud to have them in my courtroom, and I know that they take their duties very seriously. Their service to the court is invaluable, and their presence is essential for assisting the court in achieving justice.
    Acting Deputy Attorney General Rodrick Marchisio wrote:

Acting Deputy Attorney General Rodrick Marchisio
      The Correctional Services assists us in the operation of the court on a daily bases. They provide us with professional security and oversight, as well assisting us in keeping order in the court during trial. Their presences is what makes the court able to operate and we appreciate them thoroughly.

Behind Bars with the K9 Unit: A Day in the Life of Our Furry Officers

• When most people think of SADOC, they think of the challenged individuals sent to Bolingbroke Penitentiary for their offenses against the people of San Andreas. While these individuals do make up a large portion of our daily interactions, SADOC does have a soft spot, and it's furry...with four legs. Yes, we got doggos.

We sat down with K-9 Handler Commander Issei Schneider and his four-legged colleague, Luna, to get an exclusive insight into the day-to-day life of this dream team. Issei was in Scotland when a friend's dog had puppies. Issei knew he had to leave Scotland and didn't want to go alone, so when he saw Luna in the litter, it was love at first sight. There was no way he was leaving without her. Shortly after they both got on a plane, came to Los Santos, and when SADOC opened up a K-9 Unit, Schneider saw the perfect opportunity to work with his best friend.

But before anyone can become a full-fledged Corrections Officer, regardless of leg count, they must go through extensive training to prepare them for their time at SADOC. For Commander Schneider, this looks like your standard hand-to-hand combat and transport training, but for Luna, it's a whole other ballpark—

Oh God. We just said two of Luna's favorite words. The rest of this story will have to wait until we get back from the park... Dammit, I said it again!

Alright, where were we? Oh yeah! Luna and the other K-9s of SADOC undergo incredibly complex training, including everything from contraband detection and inmate apprehension to, in Luna's case, learning Serbian so only Issei can give her orders. Currently, Luna works with Issei patrolling SADOC, and Issei hopes to get her trained up as a therapy dog too.
          Luna's work at SADOC isn't always easy, but no matter what, she is up to the task. We asked Issei to detail a time when Luna was able to resolve a situation. Here is his response:

Commander Issei Schneider wrote:With certain inmates who have been a big challenge to get to comply with us, Luna was with me at the time and due to this Luna helped the Inmate become compliant due to the fact them wanting to give Luna a fuss as they quoted "she is so adorable I want her" and with this, they were told as long as they comply they can fuss her.
          Who's a good girl? That’s right it’s Luna.

We also sat down with Luna to get her perspective on the job. When asked about her favorite part of the job, Luna barked excitedly and wagged her tail. "Volim da radim sa komandantom Šnajderom," she said. "Oni su najbolji vodič kojeg pas može tražiti."
          And when asked how she likes to unwind after a long day on the job, Luna simply rolled over onto her back and waited for Commander Schneider to give her a belly rub. It's clear that being a part of the K9 unit is a tough but rewarding job, and Luna is proud to be a part of such an important team.

So, next time you think about or visit us here at SADOC, remember that we're more than just a place where the worst of the worst go to be rehabilitated. We've also got doggos to watch over them.
        Visitation
        Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
        Two people meeting with a frend
        Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
        There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
        • No physical contact
        • No whispering
        • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
        • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
        For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
        Inmate of the Month

Theo Valentine

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
        • Why do you do illegal things?
          • I don't really try to if I am being honest. I try to stay an honest and good citizen but when cops pull guns on me I get scared and run away.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
          • Seeing all of my old co-workers and all of the stamps from the laundry job.

• What's your least favorite thing?
          • Not being able to communicate with all my friends outside of DOC.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
          • More freedom, the yard is really small and so is the cell block. Wish they were bigger.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
          • I would do activities with the inmates and give them lots of stamps and have lots of fun.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
          • My friends and cocaine. I have a really bad addiction.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
          • I'm really not. I only every come in here like once or twice a week and it's normally for evading. It's really just because when the Officers go for their guns it scares me so I just run.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
          • Uh, be smart about your crimes. Do good things instead of bad and peace not war.

New Jobs

• Our Groundskeeping team have recently introduced a system that allow inmates to help out around the prison and in return be awarded with stamps.

There are two parts to this system. The first one is helping clean up the litter from inside the yard and Cellblock. Inmates can collect any litter they see and dispose of it properly. The Groundskeeprs on shift, will provide the inmate with 150 stamps every time they dispose of litter.
              The second system is helping out with the laundry. This one is more time consuming but gives the inmate some more freedom as they are allowed to use the laundry room. Inmates can go around to their prison mates’ cells and collect any dirty laundry they have. They can then take them to the laundry room and use one of the many washing machines to clean the clothes. Once they are finished they can put the clothes in the basket found in the laundry room and again the Groundkeepers on shift will award the inmate with 150 stamps for their efforts.

((How it Works))
                ((This is a new scripted feature implementation into DOC. Litter spawns all around the Cellblock and yard while dirty laundry spawns inside of the cells. Players can pick up the litter and take them to the bin and will automatically be give 150 stamps per litter they deposit. Likewise with the laundry players can pick up the dirty laundry from the cells and take them to the laundry room where they can scriptly wash the clothes in the washing machines. Once they are finished they deposit them to the basket in the laundry room and the stamps are automatically given to them.))
              Question of the Month
              Question of the Month - Why did you choose the San Andreas Department of Corrections?
              • Correctional Officer Lisa "Chilli" Winter wrote:Because every Department of Corrections employee I have ever interact with in the city has been a joy to be around and I also had friends from EMS that were already working here. They had told me how much they enjoyed it.
                Captain Yuki "Snack"(N)akamura wrote:I was kinda forced to at the time. I was gonna join MD, but Sister Hana Nakamura made me join the SADOC cause I just dropped out of medical school and she called me a lazy bitch for not having a job.
                Deputy Warden "Daddy" Steve Blata wrote:I believed that I was going to be a good addition to the San Andreas Department of Corrections as my aim was and still is to deliver my job in the best of my abilities, sustain new abilities and move this department forward as a strong and courageous family before being a team.
                Warden Kourtney "Like" LaFleur wrote:Like I wanted to join the Department of Corrections because I am really good at helping people. All the underprivileged people of the city that keep on getting arrested needed to be helped and I could benefit their rehabilitation. So that is why I joined!
                Commander Adam "Socks" Payne wrote:Uhhh I don't know. Guess because Marc wanted to and I followed him and to help people I guess.
                Correctional Officer Stefan "Whacker" Dobrev wrote:Because it is better and easier than PD and SD.
                Correctional Officer Luke Cortez wrote: The answer to this is quite simple. I chose the San Andreas Department of Corrections mainly because of the fact that it would give me the ability to possibly help a lot of criminals to reform from their old ways. However i also joined because of all the wonderful people that work at SADOC as well. And in time I've realized that though it can be a bit much to to handle at times, in the end it makes it worth my time knowing that even a little bit of what i do can make a big difference in some of the inmates lives.
                Correctional Officer Sam Carlin wrote: Home is where the heart is and our workplaces are nothing without our friends and family. The officers of SaDoC are friendly, kind and supportive and this is why I have chosen to call you home.
              Employee Adjustments
              • ImageCorrectional TraineeImage Lieutenant
                • #921 Ava Sullivan (Prison Transfer) ((OOC Reinstatement))
              • ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
                • #835 Galileo Czapiewski
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImageSenior Correctional Officer
                • #743 Stevan Dobrev
                • #888 Julia Chedhamenou
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
                • #891 Jack Goodnight
                • #909 Blinky Williams
                • #908 Astra Amistoso
              • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer II
                • #925 Gina Willow
              • ImageCorrectional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
                • #242 Reina Moraine
                • #904 Lucas Wright
                • #911 Luke Eriksen
                • #912 Jemma Smith
                • #914 Oliver Dutch
                • #913 Norman Boreman
                • #910 Massimo Mascardotti
                • #907 Leo Alexander
              • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
                • #917 Martin Murtaugh
                • #922 Lisa Winter
                • #923 Sam Carlin

• REINSTATEMENTS
                This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.
                • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageLieutenant
                  • #366 Solomon Cobb
                • ImageCorrectional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
                  • #708 Mia Adams
              Correctional Officer Spotlight

Correctional Officer II Oliver Dutch - #914

This month Correction Officer II Oliver Dutch has been chosen for the officer spotlight. He has been doing a fantastic job in his general and divisional duties and has also made a contribution to this press release with his article "Behind Bars with the K9 Unit: A Day in the Life of Our Furry Officers"

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
                Probably the first time being taken hostage as a trainee. I remember being dragged out of the cell by several inmates who were trying to break out of the prison and force me to give them a vehicle. Eventually a bunch of PD/SD/MD and SADOC staff showed up to try and save me.
                Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
                Hopefully working at SADOC as a Corporal working my way up to a Sergeants position, while being in at least one Division Command.
                What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
                The supportive staff. Honestly it is like we are all family, from the impromptu dance parties to all the fun events we host, it's really a great place to work, especially if you want to make a difference in the lives of others.
              Phone Calls

When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                    Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
                      Promotions
                      Demotions
                      Suspensions
                      Resignations
                      Terminations

Recruitment
                      Total Applications
                      Accepted
                      Denied
                      Pending
                      Reinstatements
                      Withdrawn
                      Number of Academies
                      New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
                      Total Trainings completed
                      Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
                      Total Requests
                      Tours Conducted
                    • Duty Reports
                      Processing
                      Code 1s
                      Force 6
                      Solitary
                      Duty Reports
                    Recruitment Status
                    Recruitment
                     ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                      • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                    • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                      • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
                    • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                    • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
                    • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                      • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                    • Additional Requirements:
                      • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                      • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                      • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                      • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                    Tyrone's time in Bolingbroke
                    • Administrator Tyrone Cox wanted a real insight in how the SADOC Process inmates and the conditions that they are housed in, he well enjoyed his time. Here are some photos from the day.
                      Photos from the day.
                      ImageImageImageImage
                    Closing Message from the Warden
                    And that ends our February Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                    We have some fun events and changes already planned for March, notably the Movie Night next Friday.
                    We hoped you enjoy reading and don't hesitate to reach out with any feedback or suggestions!

Kourtney Lafleur
                    Warden
                    San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Jimmithy Jemima
                      Corporal

[email protected]

Ava Sullivan
                        Lieutenant, Editor-In-Chief