Sheriff's Newsletter - Janurary 2023

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Martin Haswell
Master Deputy
ECRP Forum Name: Homast

LSSD Awards

SAJB Awards

SASG Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - Janurary 2023

Post by Martin Haswell »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Monthly Newsletter
"A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    As the Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, it is my honor to bring you the latest updates and news regarding our efforts to keep our community safe. Our department is committed to providing exceptional public safety services to all who live, work, and visit our county.

In this newsletter, we will share important information about recent law enforcement operations, community engagement events, and crime prevention initiatives. We also want to take this opportunity to remind you of some simple yet effective ways to keep yourselves and your loved ones safe.

Our department is dedicated to building a strong and trusting relationship with the community, and we encourage you to get involved in our efforts to enhance public safety. Together, we can make Los Santos County a safer and more secure place to live and work.

Thank you for your ongoing support, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.

Sheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Master Deputy Austin Thieman

Deputy Thieman transferred from the Los Santos Police Department and joined us last year, his work has thoroughly impressed and he is a great asset to the Sheriff's Department. His work over the last four months has been impressive. He has since joined HED, RED and SIB and FTD. Deputy Thieman has shown great effort in all divisions and we are excited as to what the future holds for Deputy Thieman. Below is an insight to Austin Thieman's story about his time served in Law Enforcement.
    Master Deputy Austin Thieman wrote: When did you join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department?
    I transferred to the Sheriff's Department during the first part of November from the Los Santos Police Department.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a deputy is the people I work with. I've been in law enforcement a long time (my badge number being only 4 digits)! I've never met a group of more passionate and kind individuals than those of the LSSD. We have stressful situations, but we encourage and support each other when it matters most.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    One of my most memorable moments was when we conducted a Special Enforcement Division recruiting event. It was open to the public, and I decided to pop by just to check things out. I was given the opportunity to parachute from a helicopter. Never doing it before, I happily jumped at the opportunity! I can't think of any other line of work where I would have gotten to jump out a helicopter AND get paid for it! If you ever get a chance to attend a SED recruiting event - GO!

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I ultimately decided to transfer to the Sheriff's Department because I was a city officer for the majority of my career. I was ready for a change and so I put in a transfer request. I always enjoyed the thought of the wide open highways and vast range of the county. Fast forward four months, I'm happier than I've ever been in my career being apart of the LSSD.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    I'm apart of the Recruitment and Employment Division and the Field Training Division currently. One of the most rewarding aspects of my career is being apart of someone's journey from Applicant to Deputy Sheriff I. I have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing people throughout my tenure, and being able to watch them grow in their careers has been so inspiring to me. I learn from them as much as they learn from me.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD two months from now?
    Well, currently I'm a Crime Scene Technician within the Sheriff's Investigations Bureau. In the next 2 months I hope to be admitted into the Investigator Training Program, and then become a full-fledged Investigator working in Major Crimes or Gang & Narcotics division. This has been a goal for a long time, and I'm close to reaching it!

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Currently, I'm working on re-modeling a new house I just bought in North Chumash. I really enjoy working on my cars and spending time out doors. You can often times catch me grabbing a bite to eat at Burger Shot or going four-wheeling up in the county.

PROMOTIONS

• Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Steve Smyth
    Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Charlie Wilkinson
    • Ian Walter
    • Joe Olson
    Image Field Agent ► Image Senior Agent
    • Steven Lee
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Colin Quinn
    Image Investigator I ► Image Investigator II
    • Oscar Black
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Investigator I
    • Anthony Parr
    • Gustavo Waltz
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Austin Thieman
    • Peter Stanford
    • Sean Payne
    • Tom Brown
    • Amelia Clark
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Sean Payne
    • Aaron Marks
    • Hugo Hernandez
    • Dave Spencer
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Lewis Reed
    • Niko Reggal
    • Butch Harris
    • Landon Reagan
    • Kendall LaRue
    • Jeff Dayton
    • Greg Devine
    • Madden Miller
    • Jordan Smoke
    • Milo Quinn
    • Leonardo Harris
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Chuck Lynn
    • Obelix Monopoly
    • Cole Richardsun
    • Brian Bentley
    • Scott Ennis
    • Alejandro Sainz
    • Gary Sanderson
    • Chrisy Fegan

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

QUESTION OF THE MONTH
  • What strength and experience do you bring to your job?
Captain Ian Walter wrote:I am currently the Commander of the Administrative Services Bureau which contains several key divisions in the department such as field training (FTD), recruitment and employment (RED), advanced training (ATD), and our very own supervisor training program (STP). Prior to holding this position, I was the Commanding Officer of RED for over a year, and a supervisor within FTD for several months prior. In addition to these supervisory and command appointments, I participated in areas of ATD and STP, so I bring these field-level experiences to my current role. Prior to joining the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, I was in the Army where I was a criminal investigator (military police officer), and ultimately learned the investigative skills that have helped me have a very successful career in the Los Santos County Sheriff Department. In addition to my own military experiences, My father was also a high-ranking member of the Las Venturras Police Department, so I grew up watching and learning how to lead from an outsider perspective.

I believe these experiences all contribute to my strengths in my current and previous roles. I have a strong attention to detail, I am a strong communicator, and overall a good team player. These traits allow me to succeed in my current role as well be of great service to the members of this community.
Investigator II Oscar Black wrote:I bring a strong commitment and a passion for excellence to this esteemed department. I am deeply grateful for the opportunities and experiences I have gained through my association with the department. As a dedicated Deputy, I am committed to delivering my best work and contributing to the department's success. With nearly two years of experience within the department, I have been exposed to a diverse range of challenges, which I have approached with adaptability and resilience. My goal is to not only enhance my own growth but also support the development of my colleagues and contribute to the department's overall success.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• The first month of the year was certainly a tumultuous time for the county, we saw an unprecedented increase in the amount of gang related incidents all across the board, however with the help of our dedicated team at the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, this sharp rise in violence, has been smothered out to become nothing more than embers which have no fuel. The continued priority for the year, is ensuring that not only the populace of the county is safe, but also each and every business and property as well. You can look forward to increased patrols of residential areas, and additionally more empathetic and courteous deputies at your disposal. This is our Tradition of Service, and you can bet your life on it.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Staff Sergeant Martin Haswell
    (909) 568-9567 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909

Return to “News Room”