Post by Cyrus Raven »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Cyrus Raven
    Phone Number: 5356160
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Institution (If Applicable): Deputy Chief Public Defender
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • The Los Santos Police Department has elected to consider ''Failure to follow these guidelines and misrepresenting the intention of your request'' as grounds for the charge ''GM12 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer'', specifically ''You may only mention your agency or institution if you are inquiring on behalf of that agency or institution into a matter that is relevant to it, and not for your personal gain.''

A few questions in this regard.
      1. What would be an example of someone using an inquiry on behalf of an agency/institution for personal gain?
      2. What was the reasoning behind this new addition?
      3. Was a less severe alternative considered such as temporarily restricting people/institutions who breach these regulations from posting an inquiry?
      4. Was the Judicial Branch Supreme Court or the Prosecution Division consulted regarding the Los Santos Police Department's interpretation of GM12 under these new guidelines?
      5. GM12 states ''Giving fake information, answers, driver's licenses, car registration or other documents to a police officer.'', is it the view from the Los Santos Police Department that someone mentioning their agency or institution in an inquiry for a matter which might personally benefit their knowledge is deemed as ''giving fake information''?
      6. Is there any concerns this policy is going against the constitution's 1st Amendment?
      7. Did High-Command approve this new policy or was this decision made by division command?
      I would appreciate a specific and targeted response for each of these questions.
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Public Inquiry [Judicial Branch]

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear Cyrus Raven,

I am not sure where you are getting your news from but any mention of GM12 was removed from the notice shortly after it was published because it was never meant to be included in the first place. It was never included in the instructions that are posted on the public website, which is the valid notice. The public notice is just to inform that something has changed on the website.

Nothing has changed about our interpretation of the Penal Code. It has always been and will continue to be possible to violate the penal code through something written on our public inquiries forum, as long as it violates the statement written in the Penal Code.

Let us know if you still have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Officer-in-Charge, Media Relations Unit
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

Thank you for the quick and swift correction and response to this inquiry. Feel free to archive.
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Thank you sir, archived

Sincerely,