Post by Amie Koal »

1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Amie Koal
    Phone Number: 515-2806
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Agency: HR Manager
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • Upon reviewing the recent UPDATE TO PUBLIC INQUIRY REGULATIONS publication, it seems that the LSPD wishes to limit the freedom of the press by restricting the flow of information, and in fact offering criminal charges of those who wish to exercise their First Amendment right of freedom of press.

My questions are;
      How does the LSPD expect people to feel when reading their new policy?

Does the LSPD believe it is upholding the constitution by restricting and limiting further the first amendment?

What has prompted this change for the LSPD, and why do you believe that the LSSD has not done something similar?
Tim Havlicek
Retired Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: kris giggs

LSEMS Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Comment [Weazel News]

Post by Tim Havlicek »

Los Santos Police Department

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear Ms. Koal,

The recent changes made to Public Inquiry regulations were made to clarify the proper use of inquiries made for institutions, and inquiries made for citizens and/or the general public. Each and every citizen, member of the press, or member of any institution may freely utilize the Public Inquiry section while utilizing the correct request type.

Furthermore, this enables more correct and concrete responses from the Los Santos Police Department by answering the request to satisfy the needs of the requesting party - not stifling any amendments.

• Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Tim Havlicek
    Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Image POLICE LIEUTENANT I Tim Havlicek
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Detective Supervisor, Gang and Narcotics Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Amie Koal
ECRP Forum Name:

DOC Awards

LSEMS Awards

Post by Amie Koal »

INQUIRY RESPONSE
To LSPD Media Relations,
  • Would the department care to provide comment on the removal of the threat of GM-12 from the UPDATE TO PUBLIC INQUIRY REGULATIONS publication? What was the reason for the removal?

Will the act of asking questions in the wrong way in the eyes of the LSPD still warrant them a chance to receive charges against them?
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• The charge was not meant to be included in the notice, and it was never written in the guidelines on the website. The guidelines on the website are the only thing that should be followed, the public notice was to inform that there were changes made. I apologize for any confusion.

There has never been any suggestion that asking questions in the wrong way will warrant a charge. The LSPD is not required by the constitution to take and answer public inquiries, and not accepting a public inquiry does not infringe on any amendment. You always have the right to ask a question. Only if the penal code entry GM12, or any other penal code entry for that matter, is violated, as it is defined in the San Andreas Penal Code, will charges be filed. This has not changed and we do not have the power to change it.

The reason the regulations have been clarified is to ensure that people do not use their trusted position in an organization to obtain information that they are only using for themselves. This clarification is the only change that has been made to the guidelines. Follow the guidelines, and everything will be as it always has been.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Officer-in-Charge, Media Relations Unit
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”