ECRP Forum Name:

[San Andreas Judicial Branch] January Newsletter

Post by Judicial Branch Public Relations »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Monthly Newsletter
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

Message from the Associate Justice

• Associate Justice Judith Mason

Citizens of San Andreas, the first month of 2023 has come to a close and I am happy to say that the Judicial Branch has had a very promising start to the new year. We've activated over one dozen cases thus far, have been making good progress with clearing the backlog of cases, and have hired a number of qualified employees since the start of January. We are on track to having a very productive year and are looking forward to expanding our services, as Chief Justice Daniels has alluded to in his most recent press release.

We have also recently opened and expanded the Paralegal position within the Judicial Branch, allowing for part-time work in the legal field, where employees are able to work side-by-side with Bar Licensed Attorneys working on ongoing court cases, providing any and all types of assistance from drafting motions and crafting discovery documents to interviewing clients and analyzing legal arguments in preparation for trial. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in getting involved with the legal profession without having the responsibilities of a full-time attorney.

As we move into February, I will be eagerly watching our new employees develop their skills and get comfortable in their new positions and am especially looking forward to the conclusion of Hugh R. Allgood's training as a Court Clerk, who has been showing great progress on the road to judgeship. His dedication to justice for all will be a great asset to the branch, and we will soon welcome him as the third active judge within our state.

I wish you all the best in this upcoming month!
Judicial Spotlight

• Dep A.G Roderick Marchisio
    My name is Roderick Marchisio. I was born in a relatively small city - Gouda, like the cheese - in the Netherlands from both Dutch and Italian parents, hence my Italian surname. Before I emigrated to Los Santos and became an American citizen, I completed my master's degree in law at one of the biggest universities in the country. My first job in the State of San Andreas was at Los Santos Customs, where I worked my way up to the role of Chief Financial Officer, where I could combine my passion for anything with an engine with my other passion: law. This was a position that was so close to my heart that I also occupied this position at Weazel News Entertainment Network and Downtown Cab Company before I decided to make the move to criminal law and sought employment with the Los Santos Police Department, where I had been employed for about a year and a half before moving on after having had senior/supervisory roles within Recruitment, Air Support Division, Media Relations, METRO, Firearms Licensing, and Advanced Training.

Having joined the San Andreas Judicial Branch in May of 2022, there was no doubt in my mind I wanted to become a Prosecuting Attorney. I have always been intrinsically interested in the letter of the law, fascinated by the various theoretical discussions that can be had, and enthralled by the importance and principles that criminal law and criminology have to offer. It is this passion that has also seen me be appointed as the Director of the Public Notary for the State.
    I strongly believe that there will always be a time when you have to make a choice between what is easy and what is right. Looking back at what I have managed to achieve in our Judicial Branch so far, the Prosecution Division and I have always and will always strive for what is right for our justice system, but more importantly, for the community of our State: the people we serve.

Since the departure of Attorney General Allgood towards the end of 2022, and having been appointed acting Attorney General, the task of leading the Prosecution Division and the responsibilities that come with it lie with me. The Prosecution Division and I are responsible for representing the State in court cases as well as providing law enforcement agencies and the Board of Governors with legal advice. It has been a pleasure to see and experience the growth in our Judicial Branch first-hand and to see that the backlog of cases that our Judicial Branch has started with has been reduced severely. As such, I can wholeheartedly say I look forward to furthering our progression as not just the Prosecution Division, but the Judicial Branch and the role we play in our community as a whole.
Concluded Cases

Furthermore, if you wish to read some of our cases that are still active, click here!
Judicial Branch Employee Adjustments
  • Attorney GeneralCourt Clerk
    • Hugh R. Allgood
    Prosecuting AttorneySenior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Tony McFornell
    Senior Defense AttorneyProsecuting Attorney
    • Robert Winejudge
    Civilian Prosecuting Attorney
    • Oliver Jenkins [REINSTATEMENT]
    CivilianJunior Prosecuting Attorney
    • Guilherme Tavares
    • Gregory Kumerow
    Law StudentJunior Defense Attorney
    • Marty Millionaire
    Civilian Paralegal
    • Lynn Foster
    • Jimmithy Jemima
    • Valentina Evans
Story of the Month
  • H.R. 1 | Crime against a Government Employee Modifier Amendment Act

This bill, which is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks, will make an official change to the Crime Against a Government Employee modifier. "Any person(s) who commits a crime against an on-duty peace officer, paramedic, firefighter, or correctional officer," has been the standing definition of the modifier for several years now.

The modifier will now specifically include other departments as well as their property under the new bill. The Crime against a Government Employee Modifier Amendment Act shall redefine the language as follows: "Any person(s) who commits a crime against an on-duty peace officer, paramedic, firefighter, correctional officer, executive, judicial, or legislative branch official, or their property."

Because the modifier has been a legal gray area for some time, when it is finalized, we will have a new definition that will include all 3 branches of government now as well.
Closing Message

• Director Robert Winejudge
    Dear Citizens of San Andreas,

We now close our first month of the year with this press release. As Justice Mason said, we are off to a very productive start to the year and are making great progress. Personally, I'm very excited as to what the year has in store for us. I hope to be here with you next January when I'm sure a lot more things will have changed. If you have any questions for me or for anyone in the Judicial Branch, feel free to submit a Public Inquiry here.

Stay safe and stay healthy!

Director of Public Relations
    (909) 372-4223 — [email protected]

Public Relations Division
    Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way,
    Metro Los Santos, SA

Return to “SAJB - Public Releases”