#23-CM-0016, State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba

Doc Bathsheba
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

#23-CM-0016, State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba

Post by Doc Bathsheba »

Defendant Name: Doc Bathsheba
Defendant Phone: 243-9080
Defendant Address: church of flarg
(( Defendant Discord: HotPipinLeo648#1461 ))
Requested Attorney: sarah williams
Charging Department: sheriff department according to ms mason
Date & Time of Incident(s): 8/oct/22 125 to 150am
Charge(s):
  • grand theft auto
  • running from police
  • fail to complie
Narrative:
i was arrested by the sheriff dept for grand theft auto, evading, and failure to comply. i don't think these chgs should stick. as i told the sheriff, a man was offering the car for sale, and said i could take it out for a test drive. while doing the test, two rude sheriffs deputies decided to turn their flashy blue and red lights on. i was worried about stopping because my friend was in some trouble, so i did not now what tod o. after hitting the tole booth, i was shocked by one of the deputies, which hurt alot. the deputies asked me if i stoled the car, and i asked for a lawyer, nd they refused to call me one, so i didn't answer them.

i was taking to this dark damp prison, and officers keen and ledger were mean to me. keen mocked me, and even made fun of my weight and clothing. They found some whisky that I had in my overalls from the other day, and then accused me of being drunk. it wasnt until they found this they thought i was drunk... i was not drunk, and told them i had not been drinking. they then brought another officer to the prison named jeremy williams, who i have met before, who used to be nice to me. jeremy then asked me to take a breath liezer, but i told him i had not been drinking, and did not want to take it. because i wouldnt do it, they charged me with fail to comply. i don't think i should have been rekired to take the test bc i hd not been drinking at all... i did not smell like it and i wasn't driving drunk..

i dnt think i should have went to prison for grand theft auto because keen and ledger have no proof that i stole the car... as i told them i was test driving it because it looked nice... far as i know the guy who let me driv it stoled it and they should go after him. and also, i dont think keen, ledger and williams should have been allowed to force me to take a breath a lie zer because i had not been drinking. plus i was mad at keen and ledger because they were being mean and they denied to call me a lawyer.

i did not stop because i was scared.. and if this is how i will be treaed, why would anyone stop?

I, Doc Bathsheba, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Senior Prosecuting Attorney
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Colt Daniels
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Colt

SAJB Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Colt Daniels »

Superior Court of San Andreas
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on 10 November, 2022.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Chief Justice
(909) 402-9713 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0016, State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0016

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on 22nd of January, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0016.

At this time the State has adequate representation, however, the Defendant is still seeking representation. At this time the court will delay the Order for Discovery until adequate representation has been assigned and they inform the court they are ready to proceed.

Associate Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

• Honorable Judith Mason,

I, Deputy Chief Public Defender Cyrus Raven, will be representing the defendant, Doc Bathsheba, in this case. I have made myself aware of the contents of this case and have made contact with the defendant. I am ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

Respectfully,

Deputy Chief Public Defender
    5356160 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0016

A court order was entered in the above case on 31st of January, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba, #23-CM-0016 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Associate Justice
Greg Kumerow
ECRP Forum Name: Doctor_Diddler

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

#23-CM-0016

• Honorable Judith Mason,

I, Junior Prosecuting Attorney Gregory Kumerow, will be co-counseling with Deputy Attorney Roderick Marchisio, and will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

Respectfully,

Junior Prosecuting Attorney
    (909) 219-6537 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery

Honorable Mason,

• We the Prosecution in the case below are presenting our discovery to the court.
    Assigned Court Case Number: #23-CM-0016
    Requesting Party: N/A
    Party Members: Roderick Marchisio, Gregory Kumerow
    Exhibit #1: Arrest Report Doc Bathsheba
    Type of Discovery:
    • Physical Evidence
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The arrest report as written by Deputy Ledger of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department gives insight into the situation that led to the arrest of the Defendant. In this respect, we specifically note to the section in relation to the details of the incident leading up to the arrest. In this arrest report, Deputy Ledger indicates that he came across a vehicle during his patrol. After scanning the plate, the vehicle turned out to be reported stolen. The Deputy then initiated a pursuit, during which the vehicle crashed and the driver was pursued in a foot chase. The driver turned out to be the Defendant in question. The arrest report further indicates that after an open alcohol container was found on their person, the Defendant failed to comply with the lawful order to provide a breath sample in this lawful investigation.
      ARREST REPORT
      MUGSHOT
      SUSPECT 1 DETAILS
      • Full Name: Doc Bathsheba
        Telephone Number: 2439080
        Licenses Revoked: No
        Charges:
        • VF01 - Evading an Officer
        • GF11 - Grand Theft Auto
        • GM10 - Failure to Comply / Identify
        How did the suspect plea to the above charges?
        Suspect pleaded not guilty to all charges.
        Additional Details (Suspect's vehicle, etc.) :
      VEHICLES INVOLVED
      • Vehicle A: Grey Baller, 9CNADMYN
      DEPUTY DETAILS
      • Full Name: Robert Ledger
        Badge Number: 23632
        Callsign: 11-R-12
      INCIDENT DETAILS
      • Date of Arrest: 2022-10-07
        Deputies Involved: Keen

Provide details of the incident leading up to the arrest
        • While patrolling, I scanned a plate and the results came back that the vehicle was reported stolen. After attempting to pull them over, they evaded. After a long pursuit, they crashed into a toll both and tried to run on foot. The passenger got into another vehicle and got way. The driver was tazed and arrested. They were charged with Grand Theft Auto and Evading. They were then taken to DOC for processing. Due to the open alcohol container on their person, a breath sample was ordered. They refused to provide a sample so they were charged with failure to comply and booked.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • NOTE PROSECUTION: Refer to evidence exhibit #2
      ARRESTING DEPUTY SIGNATURE

Exhibit #2: Items as found on the Defendant
    Type of Discovery:
    • Physical evidence
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The items as found on both the Defendant includes a radio, one unopened water bottle, one seemingly half full water bottle, two whiskey bottles and more noteworthy, a screwdriver and an opened bottle of whisky. In this respect, the Prosecution points out that a screwdriver is a tool frequently used to commit grand theft auto as well as the opened bottle of whisky is what is being referred to in evidence exhibits #1 and #4.
    Exhibit #3: MDC footage LP 9CNADMYN
    Type of Discovery:
    • Physical evidence
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery This snippet from the MDC is a scan from the pursuit in question. In this respect, the Prosecution points out the license plate is exactly as the one as mentioned in evidence exhibit #1. Further, the Prosecution points out that the vehicle with this license plate was registered to be stolen.
    Exhibit #4: Witness Statement Robert Ledger
    Type of Discovery:
    • Witness Statement
    Spoiler
    All Information from the Discovery The witness statement as provided by Deputy Ledger with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department further shows that the Defendant was in fact the driver of the stolen vehicle and that multiple lawful orders were given to pull over during the pursuit while both lights and sirens were actively turned on. The Deputy confirms that he saw the Defendant exit the drivers' seat of the vehicle. Also, the Deputy confirms that the Defendant refused every attempt by them to collect a breath sample for a breathalyzer test. As such, in his witness statement, Deputy Ledger confirms the story in the arrest report as per evidence exhibit #1.

Official Witness Statement
      Case Information
      • Case Number: [Case Number]
        Incident Date: [01/JAN/2000]
      Witness Information
      • Name: [Robert Ledger]
        Date of Birth: [12/DEC/1996]
        Phone Number: [476-5479]
      Witness Statement
      • [Mr. Bathsheba was without a doubt the driver of the stolen vehicle. Multiple commands were given to pull over during the pursuit, as well as our lights and sirens being on. Myself and my partner Deputy Keen both witnessed him exit the drivers seat of the vehicle. Mr. Bathsheba refused every attempt by us to collect a breath sample for a breathalyzer test at DOC. This can be confirmed by Deputy Keen and Deputy Williams.]]
      Witness Affirmation
      • I, [Robert Ledger], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

[Robert Ledger]
        [Deputy Sheriff II]
        [Los Santos Sheriffs Department]

Date: [02/FEB/2023]

Sincerely,

Deputy Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Mason,

As the Defense did not utilize their alotted time for any additional motions, the Prosecution would like to move forward and schedule a trial for the underlying case.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF SCHEDULING

#23-CM-0016

An attempt to schedule was made and recorded by the court on 24th of February, 2023.

All parties in this case are encouraged to complete the following Scheduling Tool in an attempt to schedule a trial on the above case.

In the event all parties have overlapping availability the Presiding Judge will determine the best date and time to have a trial take place and post a Notice of Trial informing all of the upcoming proceeding.

In the event some or all parties do not have overlapping availability, the Presiding Judge will continue to attempt to schedule the proceeding or seek alternative avenues to conclude the case.

Associate Justice
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Mason,

The Prosecution has filled in their availability and is awaiting your scheduling decision.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF SCHEDULING

#23-CM-0016

An attempt to schedule was made and recorded by the court on the 6th day of March, 2023.

All parties in this case are encouraged to complete the following Scheduling Tool in an attempt to schedule a trial on the above case.

In the event all parties have overlapping availability the Presiding Judge will determine the best date and time to have a trial take place and post a Notice of Trial informing all of the upcoming proceeding.

In the event some or all parties do not have overlapping availability, the Presiding Judge will continue to attempt to schedule the proceeding or seek alternative avenues to conclude the case.

Associate Justice
Doc Bathsheba
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

Post by Doc Bathsheba »

MS MASON I HAVE FILED OUT THE THING AND I EAGERLY AWAIT UR RESPONSE. IN THE NAME OF FLARG SHERIFF MUST PAY FOR THEIR MISCONDUCKT. NO PEOPLE SHULD EVER BE TREAT LIKE THIS..
Cyrus Raven
ECRP Forum Name: Cyrus Raven

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Post by Cyrus Raven »

WITNESS LIST

#23-CM-0016

A Witness List was filed in the above case on the 7th of March, 2023.
  • The defense designates the following list of individuals as witnesses, who may be called to the stand.

Name of Witness:
    Doc Bathsheba
    Description: (party, fact witness, expert, other)
    Defendant
    Witness Agency:
    N/A

Deputy Chief Public Defender
(909) 535-6160 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF TRIAL

#23-CM-0016

A trial date was set on the above case on the 8th day of March, 2023.

In accordance with the availability reported by both parties in response to the Notice of Scheduling, this trial shall take place at 08:00 PM on the 12th day of March, 2023 at Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way, Metro Los Santos, SA.

Both parties are ordered to be present in the Judges Chambers no later than 15 minutes prior to the above listed date for pretrial arrangements. If complications occur that must result in a delay or cancelation of the trial, you are ordered to inform the court no later than 12 hours prior to the above listed date.

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

NOTICE OF RESCHEDULING

#23-CM-0016

A trial date was rescheduled on the above case on the 10th day of March, 2023.

The court has determined that a rescheduling of the above case is necessary to better allocate resources and to ensure the traffic surrounding City Hall does not become too great at the time of trial.

As such, this trial is hereby rescheduled and shall take place at 09:30 PM on the 12th day of March, 2023 at Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way, Metro Los Santos, SA.

Both parties are ordered to be present in the Judges Chambers no later than 15 minutes prior to the above listed date for pretrial arrangements. If complications occur that must result in a delay or cancellation of the trial, you are ordered to inform the court no later than 12 hours prior to the above listed date.

Associate Justice
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT

#23-CM-0016

A decision was reached in the above case on the 12th day of March, 2022.

The case of #23-CM-0016, State of San Andreas v. Doc Bathsheba has been resolved.

On the 8th of October during a standard patrol, law enforcement officers came upon a vehicle that was reportedly stolen when the vehicle’s license plate had been scanned. The law enforcement officers then allegedly attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle to determine the scope of the situation, however, were unsuccessful as the driver, for one reason or another, refused to stop the vehicle, thus initiating a pursuit.

Allegedly given multiple commands to stop the vehicle, the pursuit came to a close as the vehicle had been blocked by the toll booth, after which the driver was apprehended and identified to be the defendant, Doc Bathsheba.

During the subsequent search of the defendant, deputies with the Los Santos County Sheriff’s Department found a number of bottles of whiskey, one of which was open and approximately half empty. The law enforcement officers, however, did not conduct any breathalyzer test on scene, and instead, transferred the defendant to the Department of Corrections for processing. Sometime between 30 minutes and an hour later, deputies attempted to conduct a breathalyzer test to determine if the driver had been operating under the influence of the alcohol that he had been in possession of. The defendant, however, refused to cooperate with the breathalyzer test given the length of the time since the incident and the defendant’s assertion that he was not intoxicated, however, he was then charged with GM10 - Failure to Comply/Identify for refusing the test in addition to the initial GF11 - Grand Theft Auto charge and VF01 - Evading an Officer charge.

The court believes that the defendant’s refusal to stop for law enforcement officers during their pursuit had been unlawful and the defendant is, as such, liable for the Evading an Officer charge.

As for the Grand Theft Auto charge, the court has determined that although the defense has introduced doubt that the defendant was given permission to “test drive the vehicle,” there is not enough supporting evidence to support this assertion and, as such, the court believes that the defendant is liable for the Grand Theft Auto charge.

When it comes to the Failure to Comply charge - in the tangentially related case of #22-CM-0052, State of San Andreas v. Tony Solicetto, it was determined that reasonable suspicion was the standard of proof for law enforcement officers to conduct a gunshot residue test without a search warrant due to the exigent circumstances of potentially losing the evidence as soon as the traffic stop concluded. This case is similar in the sense that the court believes it to be reasonable for law enforcement officers to require a breathalyzer test on a defendant who is reasonably suspected of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol.

With that said, the court needs to determine if the law enforcement officers on scene had established reasonable suspicion that the defendant was operating the vehicle under the influence of alcohol. As previously stated, a half empty bottle of alcohol was found to be in the defendant’s possession, however, the prosecution has not presented any other evidence that indicates the defendant to be intoxicated, such as slurred speech, swerving while driving, the smell of alcohol, nor any other signs of impairment. Additionally, the delayed request for the defendant to take the breathalyzer test further supports the narrative that the defendant did not have any signs of impairment at the scene of his arrest. As such, the court has determined there not to be reasonable suspicion that the defendant was intoxicated at the time of his arrest.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
  • On the count of GF11 - Grand Theft Auto, I find the defendant, Doc Bathsheba, guilty.
  • On the count of VF01 - Evading an Officer, I find the defendant, Doc Bathsheba, guilty.
  • On the count of GM10 - Failure to Comply / Identify, I find the defendant, Doc Bathsheba, not guilty.

Associate Justice

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”