Requested Attorney: Lawer that spoke to me in DOC
Charging Department: PD
Date & Time of Incident(s): 09/JAN/2023 22:28
Charge(s):
  • Attempted Murder of a Gov employee
  • Face Concealment B
  • Possession of unlicensed firearm
Narrative:
I spent the day driving around the city of Los Santos and out of no where I got pulled up on by PD and they arrested me at Eclipse Towers parking, They had no reason to arrest me at all. I was told I was shooting on a highway on my drag which isn't true at all.

I, Jamal Wilman, hereby affirm that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and understand that knowingly providing false information could result in additional charges and/or fines. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means. ))
Roderick Marchisio
ECRP Forum Name: Roderick

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

Re: State of San Andreas v. Jamal Wilman

Post by Roderick Marchisio »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of this moment I, Roderick Marchisio, will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

I will take it upon myself to reach out to the involved parties to collect and review all evidence in relation to the underlying case to ensure a proper and smooth continuation of this process.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
(909) 372-7719 — [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Superior Court of San Andreas

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

NOTICE OF RECEIPT

IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

State of San Andreas v. Jamal Wilman

The court has hereby received and acknowledged the above case on 10 January, 2022.

The Superior Court of San Andreas has received your filing and the case is now pending activation. Be advised that the court system runs on a first-come, first-served basis and will only activate cases out of order for special circumstances.

During this time, the defendant is encouraged to reach out to a licensed defense attorney in order to prepare a proper defense, otherwise, a court-appointed attorney will be assigned to the case upon its activation.

The defendant is further encouraged to speak with an authorized individual at Rockford Hills City Hall, Mission Row Police Station, or Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office for official clarification on the specific charges received and their respective date and times, as once the case has been activated, any omitted charges will be considered abandoned and unable to be disputed within this case.

Associate Justice
(909) 257-9183 — [email protected]
Shaun Harper
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Post by Shaun Harper »

State of San Andreas v.

• Honorable Judge Judith Mason,

I, Public Defense Attorney Shaun Harper, will be representing the defendant Jamal Wilman in this case.

Respectfully,

Public Defense Attorney
    (909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood
ECRP Forum Name: HotPipinLeo

SAJB Awards

Re: #23-CM-0033, State of San Andreas v. Jamal Wilman

Post by Hugh Allgood »

NOTICE OF ACTIVATION

#23-CM-0033

A Notice of Activation was entered in the above case on 8th of March, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Defendant is hereby activated by this Court under #23-CM-0033.

Both the State and Defendant have adequate representation in the case, as such, immediately following this notice, the Presiding Judge will be filing the Order for Discovery.

Superior Court Judge
(909) 235-6076 — [email protected]
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

ORDER FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0033

A court order was entered in the above case on 8th of March, 2023.

The case of the State of San Andreas v. Jamal Wilman, #23-CM-0033 is hereby opened and acknowledged by the Court.

The prosecution is hereby ordered to provide all evidence collected from the arresting Law Enforcement Agency and submit it to the Court via Motion for Discovery within seven days. If additional time is needed, the prosecution can file a Motion for Continuance.

Once evidence has been submitted to the official docket the defense can begin filing motions.

Superior Court Judge
Greg Kumerow
ECRP Forum Name: Doctor_Diddler

SAJB Awards

Post by Greg Kumerow »

#23-CM-0033

• Honorable Allgood,

I, Junior Prosecuting Attorney Gregory Kumerow, will be co-counseling with Deputy Attorney Roderick Marchisio, and will be representing the State of San Andreas in all the proceedings pertaining to the underlying case.

Respectfully,

Prosecution Attorney
    (909) 219-6537 — [email protected]
Blake Eli
ECRP Forum Name: Eli Blake

LSEMS Awards

Post by Blake Eli »

NOTIFICATION OF COUNSEL

A Notification of Counsel was filed in the above case on the 11 Day of March 2023.

I, Blake Eli, Public Defense Attorney with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, will be representing the Defendant, Jamal Wilman.

I will be taking the responsibility of the Co-Counsel and will await further instruction from the Presiding Judge.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 308-7889 — [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

MOTION FOR DISCOVERY

#23-CM-0034

A Motion for Discovery was filed in the above case on the 14th of March, 2023

The State of San Andreas by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Discovery, and presents the following as evidence;

• Exhibit #1: Arrest Report: Jamal Wilman
    Spoiler
    Jamal Wilman Arrest Report - Monday January 09, 2023
    Brayton Williams wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 pm Image

Los Santos Police Department

ARREST REPORT
    "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

MUGSHOT
    • SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Jamal Wilman
        Phone Number: 2068107
        Licenses Suspended: No
        Officers Involved:
        • Police Detective I Samuel Martin
        • Police Detective I Cyrus Carver
        • Police Sergeant I Alex Sorvanis
        Charges:
        • WM02 - Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm
        • GM19 - Face Concealment (b)
        • Attempted SF02 - Murder of a Gov. Employee
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE
      • Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • I had previously filled out a Warrant Report for Jamal Wilman after a shootout with Division 6 on Olympic Fwy. I asked Detective Samuel Martin if he could run a trace on the individual. The trace came back to Eclipse Towers. We joined a TAC channel and set out to apprehend Mr. Willman. Seargent Alex Sorvanis deployed a Shinobi in case Mr. Wilman evaded as he'd been driving a drag for most of the evening, shooting law enforcement and being involved in gang-related scenes. Mr. Wilman eventually exited the Eclipse Towers complex. Detective Carver and I moved in and got him detained. I cuffed him and searched him before finding the attached evidence. I then transported him to DOC to serve his time.

Warrant Report
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
        Possessions are to be documented individually, examples of documented illegal possessions are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Legal possessions that can be categorized may be grouped, eg. "Clothing" to describe all clothing items. Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible, the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Possessions:

Legal Possessions:
          Exhibit A: 2x radios
          Exhibit B: 1x black Tshirt mask
          Exhibit C: 1x pair of black gloves
          Exhibit D: 1x gps
          Exhibit E: 1x T-Rex sweater

Photograph of Possessions (MANDATORY)
  • Exhibit #2: Witness Statement Police Officer II Brayton Williams
    Spoiler
    Police Officer II Brayton William's Statement

Official Witness Statement
    Case Information
    • Incident Date: [09/JAN/2023]
    Witness Information
    • Name: Brayton Williams
      Date of Birth: [03/Nov/1995]
      Phone Number: [509-9420]
    Witness Statement
    • On the 9th of January 2023, two PD detectives were undercover and found many gang-affiliated vehicles inside Braddocks Farm. JTAC was called with METRO deploying to assist. We chased a vehicle belonging to Barrie Bonga, an affiliate of the violent group, Division 6. Some time passed after that arrest and we ended up in pursuit of a Teal colored Comet SR, License plate "GOPOSTAL", belonging to Rava Wayz, another known affiliate of Division 6. During the pursuit of said vehicle, numerous vehicles interfered, one being a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery, which shot at officers, in return, a tire was taken on the Drag. The pursuit of the Comet SR came to a conclusion on the onramp to Olympic Freeway, near Popular Street. My unit arrived on the scene to provide scene security to the units providing BLS to the injured driver. Whilst on the scene, we were ambushed by around 5 to 6 unknown affiliates of Division 6, all wearing Division 6's patented green. I was stationed closer to the meeting of the on-ramp to the Freeway. There, I received shots from the base of the on-ramp from an individual wearing a green vest shirt and anime-styled pajama/sweat pants with a black T-Shirt mask. The individual that shot me was driving the same Hakouchu Drag with the flame livery.

After our original suspect was secured at Mission Row and transported, I clocked off and headed to LSC to get a vehicle repair. Whilst waiting, I saw the same Hakouchu drag pull into LSC with a popped front tire, wearing the same clothing from the scene on the freeway. I took a picture of the bike and the individual's clothing. He took off his mask and upon looking at him, I recognized him as Jamal Wilman. I asked an off-duty officer, David Wood, to take the repair and to relay me his name in case of a doppelganger situation. Once the repair was finished, the individual placed a black T-Shirt mask back on and left LSC. David Wood then confirmed that the individual's name was Jamal Wilman.

I then went back to Mission Row, where I reviewed my Bodycam footage from the incident. The bodycam confirmed my suspicions that the same Hakouchu Drag was seen on the scene of the shootout, as well as the exact same clothing worn by Jamal Wilman on the scene. I then placed the charges that are currently being contested, filling out a warrant report for the incident.

I informed Detectives Samuel Martin and Cyrus Carver that Mr. Wilman was wanted. They checked the charges and traced him. The trace came back to Eclipse Towers. Myself, Detective Samuel Martin, Detective Cyrus Carver, and Sergeant I Alex Sorvanis joined a TAC channel to seek out the active trace. The trace came back to Eclipse towers where the same vehicle was seen being driven by Mr. Wilman, once again in the exact same clothing. He parked his bike and headed into an apartment. We waited for him to come back out in front of the apartment complex, where we moved in and detained him, reading him his rights before continuing the arrest procedure. I transported Mr. Wilman and handled the required paperwork.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Brayton Williams, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Brayton Williams
      SWAT Officer

Date: 15/JAN/2022
    [/quote]
  • Exhibit #3: Witness Statement Detective I Samuel Martin
    Spoiler
    Detective I Samuel Martin's Statement

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 09/JAN/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: Samuel Martin
      Date of Birth: 10/JUNE/1990
      Phone Number: 2576989
    Witness Statement
    • Samuel Martin clocked on duty then was asked by Officer Brayton Williams to trace a wanted suspect. Samuel checked the warrant report on the suspect and performed the trace. The suspect was located at eclipse towers. An undercover DB unit consisting of Samuel Martin and Cyrus Carver checked for the suspect's location, once the location was confirmed units positioned around eclipse towers. Samuel Martin was dropped off at Vespucci PD to take out the AIR unit. Units waited for the suspect as he had entered an apartment inside Eclipse Towers. Once the suspect was spotted leaving the apartment units moved in to arrest the suspect outside of Eclipse Towers.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, Samuel Martin, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

Samuel Martin
      Police Detective I

Date: 18/JAN/2023
    [/quote]
  • Exhibit #4: Witness Statement Police Officer III David Wood
    Spoiler
    Police Officer III David Wood Statement
    David Wood wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:02 pm Image

Case Information
    • Incident Date: 09/JAN/2023
    Witness Information
    • Name: David Wood
      Date of Birth: 22/DEC/1990
      Phone Number: 356-1246
    Witness Statement
    • I was on LSC duty on shop floor doing some paperwork. I was allowing other mechanics to do the shop floor work. A drag with a flame livery came in and shortly after off-duty Brayton Williams came in with a mask on, who I didn't recognise at the time. He came up to me still masked asking me to service this drag and to tell him the owners name. As other mechanics were occupied I did this anyway and serviced the vehicle. After the drag left I asked the masked individuals to take his mask off where I realised it was Off-duty Brayton Williams. He informed myself that the drag was involved with a situation earlier, I gave him the name of Jamal Wilman, who I had serviced shortly before.
    Witness Affirmation
    • I, David Wood, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

David Wood
      Manager, Police Officer
      Los Santos Customs, Los Santos Police Department

Date: 26/JAN/2023
  • Exhibit #5: Warrant Report: Jamal Wilman
    Spoiler
    Warrant Report
    Brayton Williams wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:01 pm Image

WARRANT REPORT
    "TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• SUSPECT DETAILS
      • Full Name: Jamal Wilman
        Phone Number: 2068107
        Officers Involved:
        Charges:
        • Attempted SF02 - Murder of a Gov. Employee
      INCIDENT NARRATIVE
      • Explain what happened, sufficient detail must be given to validate the justify the placed charges, videos could be provided.
        • We were in a chase of a Division 6 affiliated vehicle when we started to receive shots from potential affiliates of the gang. One of which, was a driver wearing a green short-sleeved T-shirt, Cartoon tracksuit/pajama pants, and a black T-shirt mask, Driving a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery. We cleared the scene and I continued my shift. Sometime later, around 21:30 PM ((UTC)), I was at LSC repairing my vehicle, when a Hakouchu Drag pulled in with a popped tire ( The drag from the original scene also had a popped tire ) pulled into LSC. I requested David Wood ( An off-duty officer ) to get his ID. The gentleman took off his mask, and I recognized him as Jamal Wilman. I waited patiently for Wood to finish the repair and for the driver to leave before I asked for the name. Wood confirmed him to be Jamal Wilman. I took pictures of his outfit and vehicle and headed back to Mission Row.

Pictures of Jamal Wilman's clothing, unmasked face and Hakouchu Drag he was driving -
          ► Show Spoiler
        Method of Identification
        • Visual Identification.
      EVIDENCE DETAILS
      • Document the possessions confiscated from the arrested suspect.
        Illegal evidence must be documented individually, examples of documented illegal evidence are "Pistol .50" or "12 grams of Cocaine". Body camera footage/pictures may be attached as an evidence exhibit.

Where possible the serial number of each firearm seized as evidence should be noted.
        • Illegal Evidence:

Photograph of possessions in evidence locker (if applicable)
  • Exhibit #6: Bodycam footage
    Spoiler
    Bodycam footage
    [ATTACHMENT]
    ((
    RP proof
    Enacted footage
    ))
    Exhibit #7: Impound release report Hakuchou Drag LP "KENDO" 15/JAN/2023
    Spoiler
    Exhibit #8: MDC log Hakuchou Drag LP "KENDO" 14/MAR/2023
    Spoiler
    Exhibit #9: Pictures Popular St
    Spoiler

Deputy Attorney General
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

MOTION TO AMEND

#23-CM-0033

A Motion to Amend was filed in the above case on the 14th of March, 2023.

The State of San Andreas, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Amend, the original charges with the underlined amended charges.

• Original Charges
    • SF02 - Attempted Murder of a Gov. Employee

• Amended Charges
    • SF02 - Attempted Murder of a Gov. Employee
    • VF01 - Evading an Officer
    • VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment

• Detailed Explanation: As clearly detailed in the provided evidence exhibits, the Defendant opened fire on a static incident at the merger between Popular Street and Olympic Freeway, before driving away on their Hakuchou Drag. As such, the Prosecution will be amending the charges in the underlying case to conclude VF01 - Evading an Officer and VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment.

Deputy Attorney General
Director of Public Notary
Blake Eli

LSEMS Awards

Post by Blake Eli »

MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

#23-CM-0033

A Motion for Continuance was filed in the above case on the 18th day of March, 2023.

The Defendant, Jamal Wilman, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion for Continuance, and the reasoning for request is as follows;

• Reasoning: The primary attorney for the case is on LOA for a week.
    • Detailed Explanation: Senior Defense Attorney Harper is the primary defense attorney for this case and is currently on a Leave of Absence. He has emailed me and requested that we file a Motion of Continuance due to his current absence.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 323-9861 — [email protected][/list]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Allgood,

The Prosecution does not object to a Continuance insofar this entails having the usual 72-hour-period start from the moment the approved Leave of Absence from Defense Attorney Harper has ended.

Respectfully,

Deputy Attorney General
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

Re: Defense Motion for Continuance

• Counsel,

In accordance with previous precedent I have established in my cases, I will be granting this motion given the approved LOA for defense counsel, and the uncontested nature of this motion. As I have done so in 23-CM-0034, State of San Andreas v. Nicholas Mcwell, the defense will be granted a 3-day continuance from the end of their LOA -- which will be considered for all intents and purposes to be 21/MAR/2023. As such, the defense will have until the end of the business day on 24/MAR/2023 to file any motions related to this case before the court attempts to resolve this matter.

Respectfully,

Superior Court Judge
Oscar Sparrowhill
ECRP Forum Name: Oscar Sparrowhill

SAJB Awards

Post by Oscar Sparrowhill »

Docket Notice

• Honorable Hugh R Allgood,

I, Junior Attorney Oscar Sparrowhill, will be co-counseling with Attorney Harper & Attorney Eli representing the defendant Jamal Wilman in this case.

Respectfully,

Oscar Sparrowhill
    Junior Defense Attorney
    465-8380 — [email protected]
Blake Eli

LSEMS Awards

Post by Blake Eli »

MOTION TO SUPPRESS

#23-CM-0033

A Motion to Suppress was filed in the above case on the 21st day of March, 2023.

Defendant, Jamal Wilman, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Suppress, and requests to following be suppressed from evidence;

• Exhibit 1#: Witness Statement, Police Officer III David Wood
    Requested Evidence to Suppress:
    He informed myself that the drag was involved with a situation earlier, I gave him the name of Jamal Wilman, who I had serviced shortly before.
    • Detailed Reasoning: Speculation: The Drag is the most sought-after motorcycle in Los Santos and is one of the most common motorcycles in the city. Off-Duty Officer Williams can not confirm without reasonable doubt that this was indeed the same motorcycle used in the shooting. By the time Officer Williams, left the scene of the crime, filled out his report, clocked off, and then headed to LSC how much time had already passed since the shooting? The defendant could have easily damaged his bike while driving around the city.

Junior Defense Attorney
(909) 323-9861 — [email protected][/list]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Allgood,

The function and purpose of a witness statement within our legal system is a written account of events or facts that a person has witnessed. As described in the evidence, the Police Officer in question was off duty and working as a mechanic at Los Santos Customs, servicing said individual. Stating that it is speculation for the mechanic that has just serviced the individual, and during that process has identified this person, to be able to communicate identifying this very same person a few moments later is an absurd argument to make and not one this court should entertain in the slightest.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0033

A decision was reached in the above case on the 22nd day of March, 2023.

The court will first be analyzing the defense motion to suppress.

The defendant wishes to suppress the statement, "He informed myself that the drag was involved with a situation earlier, I gave him the name of Jamal Wilman, who I had serviced shortly before." on grounds of speculation, stating the Hakouchu drag is a common bike in the State of San Andreas. While true, the court takes notice of specific descriptors of this bike in both exhibits #4 ("A drag with a flame livery") and exhibit #2 ("a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery"). Considered further with the information of damage being done to the tires from a gunshot, and observing this drag come to the mechanics for a repair, with the same damage and livery. This is not speculation. The witness is testifying to a matter they have direct personal knowledge of.

Next, the court will analyze the prosecution's motion to amend charges - to add the charges of VF01 - evading an officer and VF04 - felony public endangerment. Upon review of the evidence, the court will be allowing the prosecution to seek the charge of VF04 - felony public endangerment, as the evidence suggests the shooting occurred in a public location at risk of endangering the motoring public at large. However, the court will not be allowing the prosecution to seek the charge of VF01- evading an office. The court notes the description for such charge is, "Any person who, while operating a standard road vehicle, off-road vehicle, or bicycle, willfully flees or otherwise attempts to elude a pursuing law enforcement officer, is guilty of Evading an Officer (italics added)". The court fails to see any direct evidence this Hakouchu drag was ever pursued by law enforcement. Thus, will not be allowing this charge to be added without further evidence being presented by the State.

The defense will be given until the earlier announced date of 24/MAR/2023 to file an additional motions before this court attempts to schedule this matter for trial.

Superior Court Judge
Oscar Sparrowhill

SAJB Awards

MOTION TO SUPPRESS

State of San Andreas v. Defendant
#23-CM-0033

A Motion to Suppress was filed in the above case on the Day of Month, Year.

The State of San Andreas/Defendant, name, by and through the undersigned attorney, filed this Motion to Suppress, and requests to following be suppressed from evidence;

• Exhibit #: 2 Witness Statement Police Officer II Brayton Williams
    Requested Evidence to Suppress:
    On the 9th of January 2023, two PD detectives were undercover and found many gang-affiliated vehicles inside Braddocks Farm. JTAC was called with METRO deploying to assist. We chased a vehicle belonging to Barrie Bonga, an affiliate of the violent group, Division 6. Some time passed after that arrest and we ended up in pursuit of a Teal colored Comet SR, License plate "GOPOSTAL", belonging to Rava Wayz, another known affiliate of Division 6. During the pursuit of said vehicle, numerous vehicles interfered, one being a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery, which shot at officers, in return, a tire was taken on the Drag. The pursuit of the Comet SR came to a conclusion on the onramp to Olympic Freeway, near Popular Street. My unit arrived on the scene to provide scene security to the units providing BLS to the injured driver. Whilst on the scene, we were ambushed by around 5 to 6 unknown affiliates of Division 6, all wearing Division 6's patented green. I was stationed closer to the meeting of the on-ramp to the Freeway. There, I received shots from the base of the on-ramp from an individual wearing a green vest shirt and anime-styled pajama/sweat pants with a black T-Shirt mask. The individual that shot me was driving the same Hakouchu Drag with the flame livery.

After our original suspect was secured at Mission Row and transported, I clocked off and headed to LSC to get a vehicle repair. Whilst waiting, I saw the same Hakouchu drag pull into LSC with a popped front tire, wearing the same clothing from the scene on the freeway. I took a picture of the bike and the individual's clothing. He took off his mask and upon looking at him, I recognized him as Jamal Wilman. I asked an off-duty officer, David Wood, to take the repair and to relay me his name in case of a doppelganger situation. Once the repair was finished, the individual placed a black T-Shirt mask back on and left LSC. David Wood then confirmed that the individual's name was Jamal Wilman.

I then went back to Mission Row, where I reviewed my Bodycam footage from the incident. The bodycam confirmed my suspicions that the same Hakouchu Drag was seen on the scene of the shootout, as well as the exact same clothing worn by Jamal Wilman on the scene. I then placed the charges that are currently being contested, filling out a warrant report for the incident.

I informed Detectives Samuel Martin and Cyrus Carver that Mr. Wilman was wanted. They checked the charges and traced him. The trace came back to Eclipse Towers. Myself, Detective Samuel Martin, Detective Cyrus Carver, and Sergeant I Alex Sorvanis joined a TAC channel to seek out the active trace. The trace came back to Eclipse towers where the same vehicle was seen being driven by Mr. Wilman, once again in the exact same clothing. He parked his bike and headed into an apartment. We waited for him to come back out in front of the apartment complex, where we moved in and detained him, reading him his rights before continuing the arrest procedure. I transported Mr. Wilman and handled the required paperwork.
    • Detailed Reasoning:

The beginning of this statement is completely irrelevant to our client,

Multiple vehicle registrations and names are mentioned, none of which connect directly to the defendant in this case, making them irrelevant information. We propose the statement begin when the defendant is allegedly first seen committing a crime.

Secondly I would like to suppress two snippets of this statement regarding the Hakouchu being the same as from the freeway incident as there is no way to confirm this, this would be alleged and not the "same", again with no positive ID of perpetrator or vehicle on the crime scene other than description this narrative is speculative at this point.

Respectfully,

Oscar Sparrowhill
Junior Defense Attorney
465-8380 — [email protected]

Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Allgood,

It is widely accepted that witness statements not only can, but should describe the situation that led up to the involvement of the witness in the situation. The Prosecution notes that this is clearly the case and as such, cannot even begin to comprehend how this is irrelevant.

Further, it is not up to the Defense when a witness statement should begin and is an absurd request to make and not one this court ever should entertain in the slightest.

Finally, with reference to the two counts of "same", the Prosecution does not object to have this word read as "an abundantly similar looking Hakuchou Drag, sharing the same model, paint and any other identifiable parts as the one seen in the bodycam footage".

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Oscar Sparrowhill

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Allgood,

I would like to point out this section of the handbook regarding evidence,

Evidence is considered relevant if it has any tendency to make a fact that is important to the case more or less probable than the fact would be without the evidence.

I don’t believe any of that information highlighted affects the vision of the actual crime in question as the stated charges all happened after this description of the events and doesn’t change the circumstances referenced on the freeway, the actual crime.

Respectfully,

Oscar Sparrowhill
    Junior Defense Attorney
    465-8380
    [email protected]
Roderick Marchisio

LSPD Awards for Service

SAJB Awards

• Honorable Allgood,

The Prosecution can only repeat its argument: It is widely accepted that witness statements not only can, but should describe the situation that led up to the involvement of the witness in the situation. The Prosecution notes that this is clearly the case and as such, cannot even begin to comprehend how this is irrelevant. Further, it is not up to the Defense when a witness statement should begin and is an absurd request to make and not one this court ever should entertain in the slightest.

Respectfully,

Attorney General
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

COURT DECISION

#23-CM-0033

A decision was reached in the above case on the 25th day of March, 2023.

Regarding the defense motion to suppress the statements;

two PD detectives were undercover and found many gang-affiliated vehicles inside Braddocks Farm. JTAC was called with METRO deploying to assist. We chased a vehicle belonging to Barrie Bonga, an affiliate of the violent group, Division 6. Some time passed after that arrest and we ended up in pursuit of a Teal colored Comet SR, License plate "GOPOSTAL", belonging to Rava Wayz, another known affiliate of Division 6. During the pursuit of said vehicle, numerous vehicles interfered,

The pursuit of the Comet SR came to a conclusion on the onramp to Olympic Freeway, near Popular Street. My unit arrived on the scene to provide scene security to the units providing BLS to the injured driver. Whilst on the scene, we were ambushed by around 5 to 6 unknown affiliates of Division 6, all wearing Division 6's patented green. I was stationed closer to the meeting of the on-ramp to the Freeway.

The court will be denying this request. Between the first statement and second statement, there is context describing the relevance of the pursuit of Barrie Bonga's vehicle and Rava Wayz's vehicle -- the statement beginning with a portion of the statement the defense seeks to suppress continuing into the second statement, "numerous vehicles interfered, one being a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery, which shot at officers, in return", lays the foundation for where the defendant comes into play in this situation. As the defense correctly states, "Evidence is considered relevant if it has any tendency to make a fact that is important to the case more or less probable than the fact would be without the evidence.". For this reason, the court believes the first statement in whole lays the foundation and makes the alleged interference by the driver of the Hakouchu more probable considering this piece of evidence.

For a similar reason, the second statement is also relevant, as it continues the story of the involvement of the criminal organization, Division 6. For a similar reason as above, the context for the second statement's relevance, can be found in the following sentences, "There, I received shots from the base of the on-ramp from an individual wearing a green vest shirt and anime-styled pajama/sweat pants with a black T-Shirt mask. The individual that shot me was driving the same Hakouchu Drag with the flame livery." If the court were to consider this statement with the statement above it suppressed, the story would be fragmented and would not set the stage. For this reason, this court believes this statement is relevant, and the defense motion is denied.

Regarding the defense motions calling the Hakouchu the same, the court will be taking the defense motion under advisement and the court will not be striking these statements from the record. The court does agree with the defense that the statements about the Hakouchu being the same have to be proven, and simply saying the vehicle is the same without proving the fact will not stand on its face. The court notes in the statements following the word "same" are descriptors the prosecution may use to prove their position, and therefore, this is a matter to be argued. The court feels it is up to both sides to make viable arguments about this issue, and the prosecution is free to take the position that this vehicle is the same vehicle, and the defense is free to argue otherwise. Just because the statement says the vehicle is the same does not mean the court will evaluate this as such.

An attempt will be made to schedule this matter for trial shortly following this order.

Superior Court Judge
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

NOTICE OF SCHEDULING

#23-CM-0033

An attempt to schedule was made and recorded by the court on the 25th of March, 2023.

All parties in this case are encouraged to complete the following Scheduling Tool in an attempt to schedule a trial on the above case.

In the event all parties have overlapping availability the Presiding Judge will determine the best date and time to have a trial take place and post a Notice of Trial informing all of the upcoming proceeding.

In the event some or all parties do not have overlapping availability, the Presiding Judge will continue to attempt to schedule the proceeding or seek alternative avenues to conclude the case.

Superior Court Judge
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

NOTICE OF TRIAL

#23-CM-0033

A trial date was set on the above case on the 27th of March, 2023.

In accordance with the availability reported by both parties in response to the Notice of Scheduling, this trial shall take place at 6:00 PM ((UTC))on of April 2nd, 2023 at Rockford Hills City Hall, Carcer Way, Metro Los Santos, SA.

Both parties are ordered to be present in the Judges Chambers no later than 15 minutes prior to the above listed date for pretrial arrangements. If complications occur that must result in a delay or cancelation of the trial, you are ordered to inform the court no later than 12 hours prior to the above listed date.

Superior Court Judge
Hugh Allgood

SAJB Awards

Post by Hugh Allgood »

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT

#23-CM-0033

A decision was reached in the above case on the 2nd day of April, 2023.

On the 9th day of January, 2023, the LSPD engaged in a manhunt for Jamal Wilman due to an active warrant. Mr. Wilman was apprehended after this hunt without incident. However, this case is regarding the events that took place prior to the man hunt.

In the evidence and testimony provided today, the LSPD were involved in multiple shootouts with a known criminal organization, and specific to this case, there were multiple reports of an individual driving a Hakouchu Drag with a flame livery being involved in the shootouts with law enforcement. The driver of this vehicle was further described as wearing a green short-sleeve T-shirt, "cartoon" pajama pants, and a black T-Shirt mask over their face. The testimony suggests the LSPD was familiar with Mr. Wilman being involved with a Hakouchu Drag. On one such occasion, the individual on the drag dismounted from the vehicle, shot at Officers, who returned fire, and the drag's tires were shot. After this shootout, an off-duty/undercover police officer observed what they believed to be the same Hakouchu drag showing up to an auto mechanic shop for repairs, and noting the vehicle had a flat tire, consistent with having been shot previously. The operator was wearing the same clothing as the individual who had been firing at Officers previously. The undercover officer observed the man pull of his mask, and recognized him as the Defendant, and instructed the mechanic to try and get the name of the vehicle operator to confirm their identity, which was subsequently confirmed. After learning this information, the LSPD began to track down the Defendant, locating him at Eclipse Towers, and observed him driving the previously described Hakouchu drag and wearing the same clothing. Evidence and testimony has also been provided demonstrating the Defendant as the owner of a Hakouchu Drag on 15/JAN/2023, days after the incident, as well as even as recently as March, 2023.

The defense challenged the positive identification of the man who was firing upon law enforcement, as the identity of the man at the auto repair shop is not challenged, nor is the identity of the Defendant challenged at the time of his detainment. The defense raised issues with the LSPD failing to recover a weapon, or provide evidence of a positive Gunshot Residue Test (GSR). The court agrees this would have made the State's case much stronger. This is without question doubt cast onto the State's case. However, whether this doubt rises to the level of reasonable doubt is a question this presiding judge had to consider. Law enforcement very distinctly described a man on a Hakouchu drag with a flame livery, wearing a green short-sleeve T-shirt, "cartoon" styled pajama pants, and a black T-Shirt mask on their face. The description of the vehicle and individual operating the vehicle are a unique set of characteristics. At the time when the defendant was positively identified, the defendant was wearing this same set of clothing, and was operating this same vehicle, which the evidence has conclusively proven to be the defendant's vehicle. At the time of the defendant's arrest, they were also in possession of a black T-shirt mask. The court does not believe this unique set of characteristics can be a coincidence, and therefore, does not believe the defense has cast enough 'reasonable' doubt onto the State's case.

The defendant has been charged with SF01 - Attempted murder of a government employee, GM19- Face Concealment (b), and WM02 - Possession of an unlicensed firearm. Attempted murder is, "The premeditated or non-premeditated killing of another person." The evidence in this case demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that the Defendant did attempt to kill another person, in this case a LSPD officer, an employee of the government. Face Concealment (b) covers several different actions which would be unlawful, but specifically wearing any item to conceal a person's face, or a portion thereof, while engaged in lawfully prohibited conduct with the intent to avoid identification. The evidence in this case does prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Defendant did conceal their face to engage in unlawful activities, such as shooting at law enforcement. Possession of an unlicensed firearm is the carrying of any firearm or weapon without having a valid permit for the firearm, or being the listed owner of the firearm. The testimony provided by the prosecution in this case detailed the fact the Defendant's criminal history would have prohibited the defendant from being able to possess a license to carry a firearm. Conclusively proving no matter the firearm used in this incident, the firearm would have had to be an unlicensed one. This is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

And finally, the prosecution sought an additional charge against the Defendant of VF04 - felony public endangerment. Felony public endangerment is, "Placing the public in acute danger and or putting a major risk to public safety through unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, firearm, etc.". The prosecution introduced evidence of the location of this shooting, which the Presiding Judge noted was an on-ramp to a very busy highway within the city limits of Los Santos. The defendant without a reasonable doubt placed the general public in acute danger through the unsafe operation of a firearm. This decision is also in accordance with precedence through the Superior Court of San Andreas in #22-CM-0014, State of San Andreas v. Naomi Mizuno; a case that this Presiding Judge notes was admirably and very skillfully prosecuted, by the way.

It is with the above considerations that I issue the following verdict:
  • On the count of SF01 - Attempted murder of a government employee, I find the defendant, Jamal Wilman, guilty.
  • On the count of GM19 - Face concealment(b), I find the defendant, Jamal Wilman, guilty.
  • On the count of WM02 - Possession of an unlicensed firearm, I find the defendant, Jamal Wilman, not guilty.
  • On the count of VF04 -Felony public endangerment, I find the defendant, Jamal Wilman, guilty.

Placing the public in acute danger and or putting a major risk to public safety through unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, firearm, etc.

The defendant will have the charge of WM02 removed from their record, and will be reimbursed for their fines/fees, and given compensation for the time they spent in the custody of the San Andreas Department of Corrections.

Superior Court Judge

Return to “SAJB - Archived Criminal Cases”