1. CONTACT INFORMATION
  • Full Name: Herrman Wolff
    Phone Number: 298-4429
    E-Mail Address: [email protected]
    Position in Agency: Content Manager
2. REQUEST INFORMATION
  • Detailed information of your request:
    • Dear Sir/Madam,

I am requesting comment/information surrounding firearm licensing regulations and a perticular inccident that occured on the 30th of December 2022. I would aprriciate if all questions I have could be answered to help faciliate an article on the subject matter that I am currently writing.
      1. Is there currently change control implemented for the General Requirements and Regulations section of the Firearms Liceing Information? How is the change control undertaken and how are potential changes broadcast to the public?
      2. What was the last date (if applicable) that the General Requirements and Regulations section of the Firearms Licencing Information was changed?
      3. Has the requirement to not "be in an establishment that serves alcohol, with your firearm(s) in your possession" always been part of the General Requirements And Regulations section of the Firearms Licensing Information? If not then when was this added and how was the change signified to the public?
      4. To what extent is the the requirement not to be in in an establishment that serves aclohol enforced? Will indeviduals who work in certain jobs be exempt? Does establishments that serve alochol include resteraunts whos primary function is to serve food? Does the LSPD make disinction between service of alcohol and purchasing of alcohol? An example of the last question may be the difference of being in a resteraunt of a grocery store.
      5. On what grounds did the LSPD enter The Pink Sandwich on December 30th 2022? This was a privately owned property.
      6. It is understood by Weazel that an attempt was made to revoak the firearms license of a government employee who was on duty and sober at the time due to the specific clause in the Firearms Licensing Information. Can the LSPD confirm or deny if this is the case and provide justification?
      7. Are Police Officers on duty protected from the Firearms Regulations? If a police officer is suspended due to intoxican on duty (when they are carrying a firearm) then are they also subject to a firearm suspension?
      I appriciate your time and await your response. I also request that the inqiury is left open for the opertunity to ask follow up questions after your response.
Thomas Pennyworth
Retired Sergeant II
ECRP Forum Name: Pegasus_

LSPD Awards for Service

Re: Request for Comment [Weazel News]

Post by Thomas Pennyworth »

lspdlogo
Los Santos Police Department
Administrative Services Bureau
"TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE"

• Dear Mr. Wolff,

Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the size of the inquiry, please wait patiently while we gather a response.

With regards,
    Police Officer III+1 Thomas Pennyworth
    Senior Media Relations Officer & Liaison, Media Relations Division
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo

• @Herrman Wolff,

I have reached out to the relevant contacts to try to answer your questions.

Regarding the questions about the firearms regulations, FLD Command had the following statement to provide:
    Jason Steel wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:12 pm The goal of the firearm licensing division is to provide the ability for qualifying citizens to safely carry firearms within the state of Los Santos. The requirements, rules and regulations surrounding firearm licensing are set in collaboration with the Commissioner's Office, and the Office of the Chief of the Los Santos Police Department.

If you believe that any officer of the Los Santos Police Department has acted not necessarily in accordance to the law or internal regulation, you may file a complaint with the Internal Affairs Division here.
    As far as I have been able to determine, the firearms regulations have not been changed, and the requirement about not being in an establishment that serves alcohol while in possession of a firearm has always been a part of the regulations.

The LSPD had already been permitted to enter The Pink Sandwich due to the event taking place. While already at the establishment, the LSPD noticed that an individual was in violation of the firearms regulations. The LSPD revoked the individual's license in accordance with the terms of the firearms regulations.

The firearms regulations are aimed at civilians, and the government intends to regulate on duty peace officers and government officials by internal equipment guidelines.

If you have any further questions, please post them within 7 days. If not, please let me know so I can archive the request sooner.

In the future, please do your best to use proper grammar and spelling as it can be hard to understand your questions.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Officer-in-Charge, Media Relations Unit
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Herrman Wolff
ECRP Forum Name: Herrman_Wolff

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Herrman Wolff »

Dear @Isabella Cavallera ,

I appreciate your timely response and I apologise profusely about my poor grammar and spelling, I unfortunately wrote this public inquiry in quite a rush. I have reworded and proofread the following questions, which were not sufficiently answered from the original correspondence.
  1. Can the LSPD confirm or deny that a Police Officer attempted to revoke the Firearms License of an individual, who was clocked-in and sober, for being on a premise that serves alcohol. This is separate from the individual you mentioned who did have their firearms licence revoked.
  2. How will future Firearm Regulations changes be relayed to the public at large?
  3. Can the LSPD give clarity on the interpretation of "be in an establishment that serves alcohol" in regard to on-site and off-site consumption of alcohol?
  4. The wording of "be in an establishment that serves alcohol, with your firearm(s) in your possession" makes no distinction in working status or ownership of a property, is this a consideration that is undertaken by the LSPD when they evaluate an individual against the regulations?
I appreciate your time and look forward to you answering these in full.

Kind Regards,
Herrman Wolff
Isabella Cavallera
Police Detective I
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Isabella Cavallera »

lspdlogo

• Herrman Wolff,

I will forward your questions once again and get back to you when I get a response.

Sincerely,

Isabella Cavallera
    Officer-in-Charge, Media Relations Unit
Image POLICE DETECTIVE I Isabella Havana Cavallera
Vice Detective, Major Crimes Division

Herrman Wolff
ECRP Forum Name: Herrman_Wolff

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Herrman Wolff »

Dear Detective Cavallera,

I am requesting an update on this Inquiry as it has been eight days since your last response.

Kind Regards,
Herrman Wolff
Weazel Content Manager
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Herrman Wolff,

We are currently looking into your request, and when a response is received, we will get back to you.

I appreciate your patience.

• Regards
    Police Lieutenant I Alex Schill
    Officer-In-Charge, Community Relations Unit
    Media Relations Division
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• @Herrman_Wolff

Regarding your follow-up, the LSPD will not comment on further details in this particular incident. However, to clarify, every Firearms License holder has a duty to be aware of the regulations they agree to when they sign their Firearms Application. Within this public display of Rules and Regulations, the part pertaining to your inquiry is posted clearly in the following part of the agreement:
    While exercising the privileges granted to the licensee under the terms of this license, the licensee shall not, when carrying a personal firearm:
    • Consume any alcoholic beverages.
    • Be in a place having a primary purpose of dispensing alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption.
    • Be under the influence of any medication or drug, whether prescribed or not.
    • Refuse to show the license or surrender the personal firearm to any peace officer upon demand.
    • Impede any peace officer in the performance of their duties.
    • Present himself/herself as a peace officer to any person unless employed by an agency which is defined by the State of San Andreas, as a Law Enforcement Agency.
    • Carry a personal firearm not listed on the permit.
    • Carry more than one of each personal firearm listed on the permit.
    If future firearm changes are made, they will be released publically via a Press Release. All citizens should be up to date and know the penal code, laws, and regulations of the state, especially those with a Firearm Permit. The Los Santos Police Department is tasked with enforcing the laws and regulations set forth within this State. I believe the terminology pertaining to any further questions or details of interpretation is clear. If you have further questions pertaining to the interpretation of the laws of this State, I believe it best to reach out to the Judicial Branch.

If citizens have questions about a particular establishment or business, it is their responsibility to find clarification. Both on-site and off-site consumption is defined in the above section. If someone owns an establishment that serves alcohol on-site, I believe, as is clearly defined above, the implications of bringing a personal firearm to that premises.

Thank you for your inquiry.

• Regards
    Police Lieutenant I Alex Schill
    Officer-In-Charge, Community Relations Unit
    Media Relations Division
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”