LSPD Awards for Bravery

LSEMS Monthly Press Release | December 2022

Post by Samantha Tenbe »

Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
LSEMS Monthly Press Release | December 2022
Sunday 1st, January, 2023
"One Team, One Mission, Saving Lives"

INTRODUCTION

Its winter. Christmas and New Year have passed, and we are finally in a new year with many new opportunities and budgets. Only the Chief would be excited about a new budget... December has been full of ups and downs for the whole department. Sadly a few employees had to be let go, but we have also received a lot of new beautiful EMTs that show their passion through every patient they treat. Surprisingly enough, compared to last year, fewer people put rocks into their snowballs this year, which is good! This press release will be good, including employee stories from 2022 and an exciting divisional spotlight! Happy Reading.

And before I forget, here is the Chief's joke of the Month;

What's the weatherman's favorite food in winter?
Brrr-itos!

EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH | MONTH 2022
EMT Intermediate | Charles Swift

EMT Swift was hired into the LSEMS on the 9th of November 2022 and passed his Field Training Evaluation on the 20th of November. A whole 14 days later, he received an early promotion to EMT Intermediate for his hard work and knowledge. During his time in the LSEMS, he has shown great passion and talent in the Crisis Response Unit, where he is currently training to become a Therapist. When we see EMT Swift work with patients, we know they are in good hands! We wish Charles all the good in his future endeavors.

MONTH 2022 RANK ADJUSTMENTS
Lieutenant
Emilia Thalmer
Jay Paige (Resigned)

Senior Paramedic
Sokka Lazoo

Paramedic
Joshua Crane

Junior Paramedic
Tiffany Brent
River Winters (Resigned)
Ally Quinn

EMT-A
Yuki Nakamura (Transfer)
Marc Ericsson (Transfer)
Matt Crane

EMT-I
Charles Swift

EMT-B
Dima Flory
Nikki Maye (Resigned)
Lucine Moon
Monroe Hutchen
Mark Payne
Valentina Evans (Reinstatement)
Jamie Snow (Transfer)
Gavin Sands
DEPARTMENT UPDATES

During December 2022, we saw department updates mainly focused on divisional leadership!

Joshua Crane - Interim Assistant Head of Advanced Medicine to Assistant Head of Advanced Medicine | 02/DEC/2022
Johnny Bmore - Assistant Head of Fire & Rescue and Lifeguard Division to Head of Fire & Rescue and Lifeguard Division | 12/DEC/2022
DIVISION SPOTLIGHT | ADVANCED MEDICINE UNIT

The Advanced Medicine Unit is a division under the Office of the Chief. The Advanced Medicine Unit is a specialized division focusing on more in-depth medical care and surgeries. The treatment can be provided in an emergency or through scheduled sessions. We have contacted the Head of the Advanced Medicine Unit to get some insight into his duties and thoughts about the division and its duties.

Senior Paramedic | Head of Advanced Medicine Unit Alex Mathers wrote:
Why did you want to join the Advanced Medicine Unit?
  • To be honest, when I first joined LSEMS, the Advanced Medicine Unit ''scared'' me the most; I did not think I'd be able to learn so much and perform under that type of stress and responsibility. Then I started to get attracted to the division once I encountered patients for whom I couldn't provide the appropriate care due to not having the necessary tools and training; after that, I decided to join the division.
What is your experience within the division? And how did you become the Divisional Head?
  • I think it's fair to say that I've been part of all types of medical procedures, from the easiest and quickest ones to the hardest and most extensive ones, learning from the best surgeons we had. After gaining some experience in the division, I decided that I was ready to move up and begin polishing the division even more, and that's when I applied for the divisional head position.
What does the Advanced Medicine Unit do?
  • The Advanced Medicine Unit was created to provide an extra level of care to those in need, care that our field units were not able to provide. This ranges from mere check-ups to severe illnesses and advanced medical procedures. We are here to deliver quality care for all the citizens in need.
What can you expect from a member of the Advanced Medicine Unit?
  • Advanced Medicine Unit members must have the courtesy, professionalism, and respect when working with the general public. They must respect the division's core values and be on top of their game when assisting patients. They must always respect the patient's confidentiality and remain objective while providing advanced medical care.
Do you have any valuable tips for the citizens of San Andreas?
  • As new year's eve is upon us, I would love for everyone adds some health-focused resolutions to their lists; taking care of our bodies is more important than we can imagine! Perhaps even get a medical check-up, even if you don't need one.
EMPLOYEE STORIES FROM 2022
EMT Basic Lucine Moon wrote:
Best memory from LSEMS in 2022:
- One of my best memory from LSEMS was when I was doing my certification; it was the final leap I needed to make before becoming an EMT, I was so nervous, but it was enjoyable. During the entire Cert, I was praying that I would not fail; the Moment when Deputy Cheif Mpache said, what's your favorite number from the roster I knew I passed, and it was one of the best memories of finally putting on the new uniform and having the callsign Echo 77

Proudest Achievement from LSEMS in 2022:
- My proudest achievement in LSEMS was when everyone was on a CRU call. My partner and I got a CRU call and went to check it out when we arrived, the call got closed not long after, but we stayed since we knew that the patient was still on the roof where the call was. We stayed there, did scene control, and waited for further instructions, the patient jumped near our location, and we were able to act on it very quickly and transported him to the hospital. My partner and I got called to talk with Commander Nicole Crawford and Jr paramedic Ally Quinn. They commended us for our work and staying on the scene even though the call was closed and for our quick response to the situation at that very moment; I never felt more proud to be working at LSEMS!

An LSEMS story from 2022:
- One story from me for LSEMS is when I was training under Deputy Chief Mpache, I was doing my Phase 2 mandatory ride-along. We were headed to a scene, and we got into an accident on the way. At that moment, I wasn't sure what I was meant to do, so I panicked until someone gave me proper instructions on what I was meant to do. During the time of the accident and when backup arrived, I probably ran around like a chicken, unsure of what to do. Then Ms. Thalmer came and told me aren't you in your phase 2? you can treat him, you know... I was so embarrassed at that moment, but in the end, it became a really funny moment.
Senior Paramedic Johnny Bmore wrote:
My best memory from 2022 would be when I had to fly over Mt Chiliad in hazardous areas. I was able to go into some tough spots saving several people from definite death. I ended up getting a commendation that day, and it made me feel really good. It felt amazing to know that my job could do so much good for others.

I would have to say my proudest achievement would be when I completed my supervisor training. I met with Chief Tenbe a few days after the evaluation in her office. I was nervous yet excited. I sat down, and she told me I had passed the evaluation and would now be a Supervisor within LSEMS. That day was the best day of my career at LSEMS, all my hard work over the last year and a half at that point had come to that moment. I knew I was up for the task and would work hard in my new position so I could further advance.

One day I got a page from LSEMS needing help. I rushed over to find a blacked-out building with no power. I grabbed a flashlight and made my way to the ambulance bay. I got a fire truck and headed to the scene of an explosion. I arrived to find my firefighters, OJ Wood and Joshua Crane fighting the fire. We got the main fires out when a building collapsed, and we then turned our efforts to search and rescue. We busted through a wall looking for any survivors, we had debris falling all around us but we continued on. Luckily all of us made it out alive and we were able to have no casualties of police or civilians. As most know, the power outage continued for quite a while before it all could be fixed by Public Works from the City. I believe this was the most intense situation of 2022 and the most incredible story of 4 departments working together to fight the attacks made on our great City.
Chief of EMS Samantha Tenbe wrote:
In May 2021, I spoke with Sergeant Schill from the LSPD about a possible Code 1 Drill. We decided to plan it and receive the permits needed. I contacted the Sheriff's Department, the Department of Correction, the Weazel News, and the San Andreas State Government to set the details. On Saturday, 16th of July 2022, the drill started. Chief Tenbe called in an explosion over the department radio, alerting all duty government-hired staff about the situation. There were recorded over 106 individuals attending the drill located at the Alta Construction Site. Looking back, I still find myself saying to Schill; I can't believe we pulled this off! He always responds; I know, right?

On the 6th of Match 2021, I was appointed Chief of EMS by the Board of Governors. When I heard the words, I knew everything I had worked for was worth it, and I could finally start looking forward to new opportunities. In November 2022, I received the Commissioner's Distinguished Skill and Service Award from Governor Lewis Langley. Thank You.
EMT Basic Dima Flory wrote:
I would say my best memory in EMS is kind of difficult to explain as I've been here so little. Still, it will probably be the Bayview fire as it was my first ever code 1 and saving Emilia for the first time, but deffo not last was a pretty wild experience with flames left and right working as a team with managed. Also, after the code 1 me, James, and on accident 10-8 back to pillbox instead of 10-9 to paleo MD so that was pretty awkward as I never knew there would be a Jtac after the whole situation. Also, receiving a bravery badge was extremely surprising, and I'm very grateful for that, also; not forgetting the wonderful email I got from the Chief, also, thanking me for my work was honestly so lovely.

My proudest moment is honestly just being part of the team. There's no question about that. Trying new things in the city saving people life's and working alongside such talented people.
Emergency Medical Responder Greg Reed wrote:
My best memory from the LSEMS in 2022 was my initial interview with then EMT-Advanced Crane. I was able to sit down and learn more about my colleagues and the experiences/trainings I could pass along in the future alongside career pathways. Mr. Crane and I had many insightful conversations about medical theories, thesis, etc. In the end, I was told it was the best interview he's ever done.

My proudest achievement from the LSEMS in 2022 was when I was doing my phase III mandatory ride-along session. We received reports over department radio from the Sheriff's Department that an off-duty deputy had gone missing, potentially kidnapped. I requested a 10-17 (suspect-identify) and alerted them that we would watch the lobby in Pillbox Medical Center. Shortly afterward we were alerted about the discovery of the lost deputy, abandoned outside in the snow, severely decreased LOC with present cyanosis and hypothermia. I conducted the best field treatment possible and did transport to Pillbox Hospital CODE-3. While in the lobby waiting for a member of the Advanced Medical Unit, the deputy's MAP and HR came to a complete halt (flatline). I had to issue two shocks at 125 and 200 volts to restart his heart rhythm. I brought the deputy to the ICU and started an IV line with a 20 gauge needle in his accessory cephalic vein providing 0.75mg of epinephrine to keep his HR and BP up and 6lpm of O2 by a complete face mask. I noticed some bruising to his left thoracic area and auscultated it, diagnosing him quickly with a punctured lung. The hospital staff saved the Deputy with this critical thinking, and the deputy still lives to this day.

An LSEMS story from 2022 could be when EMT-Basic Evans and I responded to a call about an individual who was assaulted in the little Seoul. We both arrived on the scene, and I started providing medical treatment. While I was giving treatment, my partner tried to converse with the locals about what happened when she was nearly caught in a rapid/brutal fight between unknown assailants and crowbars. I treated my patient rapidly and picked up my partner. However, amid the chaos, one of the reporting individuals got caught in the fight and was savagely run over by a faggio over and over. We both escaped that day, barely. This was a very odd situation that we thankfully were able to get away from.
Junior Paramedic Ally Quinn & Paramedic Joshua Crane wrote:
In May of 2022, We found ourselves lost in MD, trying to get a better rope and understanding of how the department works, unsure of our future. We found ourselves trying to make friends unbeknownst to us that we would become the best of friends, joining divisions together in every way of MD. We have always been side by side from day 1, having each other's backs and being the biggest supporters of each other. We've risen ranks together, and we've formed a bond unlike most becoming the assistant heads of CRU and AMU. Our synergy and friendship wouldn't be a thing without MD. Have a blessed new year MD; we'll see you on the other side.
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSES
LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN

Learn how to give basic treatment and provide life-saving aid!

Click Here to VIEW the BLS Course Schedules

*Subjected to background check*
RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: OPEN

Applying for the LSEMS Ride-along Program is a great way to see firsthand exactly what the Emergency Medical Services do. You will be paired up with one of our friendly staff members who will take you to calls that range from minor injuries to major accidents.
Apply for an LSEMS Ride-along!
Click Here to check the status currently.

REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
LSEMS Appointment Status: OPEN

You are able to book an appointment with our staff, whether that be a doctor for physical problems you may have or our therapist team for mental and emotional support, you can complete the form below and arrange to come in and see us! Don't leave that pain till tomorrow. Don't be alone with your thoughts. We are here to help.

Click here to book now!
LSEMS RECRUITMENT
LSEMS Recruitment Status: OPEN

Do you want to be a part of a team that saves lives? We are currently looking to hire more Emergency Medical Technicians for the LSEMS. Joining LSEMS is a great way to get a stable career, improve your life skills, and most importantly, save others.

Click here to apply now!

MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF EMS
Whenever I write a message from the Chief, I struggle to find the right beginning. Every month has been different, but each has brought moments that sometimes leave me speechless. December has been a month of caring, and I have never seen such passion and humanity for coworkers and patients as I have during this season. Walking into the ambulance bay at Pillbox and seeing the EMT dancing, speaking, partnering up, and having a good time, I think, have been necessary and helpful for them to get through this dark and cold weather.

As I write this, I have just gotten up, and my daughters are still asleep after a comfortable and pleasant New Year celebration. A new year always brings me inspiration and a new drive to continue my work and push the LSEMS forwards. On my desk lies a big project, restructuring the LSEMS we know today to allow the Fire Department to break through and be more visible to the public. We have hired two external consultants to assist with reconstructing the Fire Department and the Emergency Services.

Knowing me, I will be rambling here for paragraphs on end, but I will end this section with a statement from Governor Lewis Langley;

On behalf of the Board of Governors, we are very pleased with the changes and the addition of employees within the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services. Rome was not built in a day, there is still more we would like to see in 2023 with an increase in personnel however we are very happy with the department and the progress achieved following the appointment of Chief Samantha Tenbe. We would like to thank all employees from Chiefs to EMR's for their contributions and dedications over the last year and look forward to continuing to work with everyone in 2023. We would like to extend a special thanks to those working during the festive period and wish everyone a Happy and Safe New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone, and be safe!
CLOSING MESSAGE
Thank you very much for reading this month's press release. We appreciate your support and are happy to see the engagement regarding these releases. Remember to take care of each other!

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us."

Sokka Lazoo
Senior Paramedic | Head of Public Relations

Alex Mpache
Deputy Chief of EMS

Samantha Tenbe
Chief of EMS

Ret. Chief of EMS | 06/MAR/2022 - 03/MAR/2023

Return to “LSEMS Press Releases”