Olivia Valentine
ECRP Forum Name:

[Public Inquiry]

Post by Olivia Valentine »

• Full Name: Olivia Valentine
    Phone Number: 5888223
    Position in Agency: N/A
  • Detailed information of your inquiry:

There has long been a lack of clarity in our laws. I am hoping that you can help myself as well as the state to address these problems by providing legal definitions to terms, so that misunderstandings don't happen in the future. I will do my best to provide clarity in my questions. Hopefully together we can sort through this, and remove subjectivity from our laws. Even though some of what I'm mentioning is not currently a problem, clarifying the laws for future use can never hurt.
    GC03 - Disorderly Conduct
    The way this law is explained could literally apply to almost anyone at anytime. Do you not think if you're going to charge someone for "excessive noise" then the city should have a noise ordinance that allows "excessive noise" during certain times as well as discontinues it after a certain time?
    VC11 - Failure to Pay a Toll
    The way this law reads implies that if a passenger pays the toll for the driver, the driver should still be fined for VC11 as the driver did not pay the toll specifically. Is that the intent of this law?
    VC10 - Unroadworthy Vehicle
    I wrote an article about how, for lack of a better word, stupid parts of this law is. There are so many vehicles that should be considered "unroadworthy" due to the lack of side-view mirrors including BF400's, the cop livery motorcycle that LEO's use, the Trophy Truck, the list goes on. I assume, that the intent of this law is not to fine citizens for using their vehicles as made, but to fine people who have damaged their vehicle beyond a drivable condition. Is this the intent of the law?
    GC04 - Facial Concealment
    The specifics of this law have long been debated between civilians and officers. I think it is time to clarify things such as defining what is the "property of San Andreas" as people are told to remove their masks at Bayview by LSSD all the time despite no workers at Bayview actually asking anyone to remove their mask. What is the actual law?
    GM10 - Failure to Comply/Identify
    The specific wording here "during the course of an investigation". Some officers use simply wanting to know who you are to see if you have any outstanding felonies as a way to get someone to identify themselves "during the course of an investigation". With that logic, cops are always "investigating" and it doesn't matter who you are they have the right to stop you and make you identify yourself. EX: a pedestrian on the side of the road gets asked for their license, they say no and are charged with failure to comply/identify. All the police have to say is they're trying to find someone who's in the city that they know has outstanding warrants. Do you not think this law should be more specific in order to prevent abuse?
    GM21 - False Imprisionment
    Do you not think officers who falsely charge people with crimes sentence to prison as they have broken this law? They illegally detained someone as it is illegal to hold someone on a false charge.
    NM07 - Prostitution, Pimping or Pandering
    This definition of the law doesn't even include "Pimping". It only covers Prostitution and Pandering. Don't you think it should define and cover all points?
    VM05 - Drunk, Impaired, or Distracted Driving
    Could you please define what "distracted driving" is? I've seen people fined for talking on their radio.
    VF04 - Felony Public Endangerment
    This is listed as a vehicular felony, but yet includes "the unsafe operation of a firearm". Shouldn't that have a class of it's own?
    WM04 - Possession of Illegal Body Armor & WM05 - Possession of Body Armor as a Felon
    Why does it matter whether you are a registered felon or not? Once you have committed a felony are you always a "registered felon"? Is there a way to not be a "registered felon" after becoming one?
    GF02 - Robbery & GF05 - Extortion
    ImageImage
    What is the difference between these two laws? Also... GF02 reads "taking the property of another person off of them without uncoerced consent" could you not just say "with coerced consent" instead of using all those negatives to confuse people?
    GF24 - Perjury
    How many times has your prosecutors tried and failed to prosecute this charge? Why do judges continue to let them pursue these charges when there is no clear evidence?
    SF02 - Murder & SF03 Involuntary or Vehicular Manslaughter
    ImageImage
    Why is premeditated and non-premeditated killing considered the same thing and held to the same punishments?
    AF07 - Drunk, Impaired, or Distracted Flying & AF05 - Violating a Prohibited Airspace Order
    ImageImage
    These two laws look eerily the same, but have nothing to do with one another. It would seem that our penal code contains mistakes such as these. If this is the case, should the whole penal code not be reviewed? Should it not have been checked prior to putting it into law?
    GF08 -Illegal Gambling & GF18 - Racketeering
    ImageImage
    I wanted to give two examples of laws I feel are defined thoroughly within the penal code. Why is this not the case with every other law that has been put into effect? Why are they not all this detailed and written to cover every possible violation/define every term?
Robert Winejudge
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

SAJB Awards

Re: Request for Information | Olivia Valentine

Post by Robert Winejudge »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Request for Information | Olivia Valentine
"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"

• Ms. Valentine

Thank you for making an Inquiry towards us regarding this, I'll be happy to answer your question.

As I've stated in your other Inquiry, we cannot answer these questions, If you'd like to E-mail Ms. Whitehorse regarding this, she will help in answering them.

Thank you for placing this Inquiry, if you have anything further, please feel free to make a new Request, and I'll get back to you as soon as I am able!

All the best,

Director of Public Relations
    San Andreas Judicial Branch
    (909) 372-4223 — [email protected]

Return to “SAJB - Archived Public Inquiries”