Press Release November 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release November 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the November Press Release!
We're closing in on the end of 2022 but there's still a lot of work to do. December is usually the busiest time of the year. Groundskeeping has to be on constant guard (more than usual) to ensure that snow is cleared away and the massive furnace is always lit.
We recently hosted our job fair at Sandy that had a surprising turnout. You can read about that later on in the press release.
November was overall quite a slow month, which isn't a bad thing for a prison. You can read from the statistics exactly what we have been up to.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month November 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
Getting inmates trust by talking, feeding, giving them free things and overall having fun with them. Some inmates have told me I'm their favorite guard or one of their favorites. Just by being nice and feeding them can make someone's day.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
1. Corporal... Give me Corporal
2. Make Kira happy when she comes to DOC
3. Say hi to Tadd and Terry next time they're here at DOC… and Marc

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Learn how to have fun, don't be a buzz. Also don't be afraid to ask questions, you ask and you shall receive. Although look out for the scary red head.

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two civilians meeting with an inmate
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Damian Russell and Frank Raven

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • Frank: "Well, I try not to, but usually its better money then doing non illegal things".
      Damian: "I am a drug addict".

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • Frank: "You would think a prison is filled with gangs and other unattractive things, but the DOC staff are usually pretty nice. My favorite thing to do would be the nice quite time i can spend contemplating life".
      Damian: "Beating up DOC".

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • Frank: "The quite... contrary to what i just said, to much quite is boring and will drive me insane".
      Damian: "Solitary".

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • Frank: "I would make a prison work program where good behaving inmates are brought out of DOC to go work in a mine or something of the sorts".
      Damian: "More freedom for inmates".

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Frank: "I would release every inmate and give em a fat stack of cash and wish them good luck with life".
      Damian: "Release the inmates".

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • Frank: "I miss my cars, driving is the only thing that makes me happy".
      Damian: "Freedom and my mommy".

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • Frank: "I do bad shit, But some of these law enforcement officers are on a power trip, every little thing sets them off and once you're in there sights, say bye bye to your freedom".
      Damian: "My Illegal habits".

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • Frank: "Stay in school, It sucks being in here".
      Damian: "Fuck 12".

Question of the Month
Question of the Month - What Is Your Favorite Memory From Your Time as a Trainee?
  • Warden Kourtney Lafleur wrote:Like the time I was suspended for a week and then was almost fired because I posted a selfie on life invader of an injured inmate in the cellblock then was asked to delete it then reuploaded it.
    Corporal Yuki Nakamura wrote:Battling with Tavares.
    Senior Correctional Officer James Stile wrote:My favorite memory as a trainee was the time we went to the beach on Cayo. It was a great experience and a chance to bond with my fellow co-workers, and just a fun day in general. The best part of the event was when we all played hide and seek around the beach.
Employee Adjustments
  • Image Senior Correctional OfficerImageCorporal
    • #771 Rock Paz
  • Image Correctional Officer IIImageCorrectional Officer III
    • #733 Gavin Sands
    • #863 Lucy Cash
  • Image Correctional Officer IImageCorrectional Officer II
    • #873 Randy Carnage
    • #872 Chase Carter
    • #870 Tessa Fallon
    • #871 Randy Lee
    • #797 Freya Larsen
    • #865 John Eiffel
    • #867 Paul Eiffel
    • #864 Hukaz Zidane
  • Image Correctional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #880 Kj Hill
    • #875 Tj Sanders

• REINSTATEMENTS
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the San Andreas Department of Corrections.

Image Correctional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer I
    • #239 Ace Platinenious
  • Image Correctional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer II
    • #751 John Tegans
  • Image Correctional TraineeImageCorrectional Officer III
    • #743 Stefan Dobrev
  • Image Correctional TraineeImageSenior Correctional Officer
    • #841 Jim Hart
  • Image Correctional TraineeImageCorporal
    • #431 Yuki Nakamura
  • Image Correctional TraineeImage Lieutenant
    • #738 Maximillian Speed
Correctional Officer Spotlight

This month, we selected Correctional Officer II Tessa Fallon to be awarded the Correctional Officer Spotlight. Tessa joined DOC back in October and since then she has been doing great work. She claimed the ranks and has achieved the rank of CO 2. She is very friendly and kind and is always willing to help others.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a corrections officer for the SADOC?
    My most memorable moment at SADOC has to be spending time with inmates, Charles Ponzi, Maxipad Vaeseri, Tadd, and Melody Frey. Mr. Ponzi is the best artist! I still have the note he drew of Mr. Pads wife leaving Mr. Pad for Mr. Ponzi. I'm not sure why Mr. Pad was so upset about it, as it was a very good drawing! Officer Lee, who is also fantastic, went to comfort Mr. Pad, and eventually everyone in the cell-block was laughing until their sides hurt. We ended the night by playing hop potato with Mr. Pad's Santa hat, and Mr. Pad was so happy about it. He was yelling louder than anyone else!
    Where do you see yourself in 3 months' time?
    In three months I'd like to see myself growing in roles like the Felon Reformation Division, the Correctional Medical and Psychology team, applying to other divisions, and maybe even creating a division of my own specifically dedicated to inmate care and reform during their stay at SADOC.
    What is your favorite thing about being a corrections officer at the SADOC?
    My favorite thing about working at SADOC is the inmates. I miss them when I'm not there! I worry that something might happen to them or that they're not being fed! My fellow officers are a very close second as they make the hours pass by so quickly, but SADOC would be nothing without each and every unique inmate that passes through the cell-block. I get excited every time a new inmate comes to visit because I know it's the possibility of a new friend and someone to reform!
Recruitment Event
  • At the end of this month, we had our occasional recruitment drive at Sandy Airfield. Civilians who came to the event were able to view a number of our vehicles which we had on display and they even got the chance to test drive some of them.

• Some of our divisional leaders also talked to those who attended about their respective divisions. They talked about what the division is about, what they do in the division etc. You can view a summary of each division below:
        Correctional Emergency Response Team
        The Correctional Intervention Corp is by far the most intense division in the DOC. It comes with an intimidating outfit, cool code names and usually a big gun. The CIC handles all the most dangerous situations at the DOC, such as riots, prison breaks, hostage situations, active shooters, the excessively violent and maximum security inmates. The best part is the absolute unity of a CIC team in action.
        Felon Reformation Division
        The Felon Reformation Division is a division of compassion and care. We speak to inmates and ex-felons who have messed up in life and assist them in getting a second chance. We offer housing, therapy, letters of recommendation to various licensed jobs around the city, tours of city hot spots, job demonstrations and so much more. If you have an open mind and believe people are capable of redemption, no matter how dire their circumstances are, this is the division for you. The best part is seeing someone in the program getting hired at their dream job.
        Correctional Medical Team
        While a brilliant and amazing speech was delivered, it was from the heart and not written down. But to summarize, CMT is incredibly important in treating both the mind and body of guards and inmates alike. There has been 0 days in the last few years that have passed without physical incident. Many of our inmates require therapy while they are in prison. It is an extremely important division who's talents range from boo-boos to surgery. If we can't bandage it, we will heal it with kindness.
        Public Relations
        Public relations is the division that made this event possible! It all about the connections and the face of the DOC! We value fun, friends and inviting atmospheres! We run tons of internal events that all of our personnel are welcome to enjoy! Some past events have included a caddy race, skydiving, a demolition derby, a motocross event, movie nights, bring your pet to work day and of course our annual Christmas party! We also write press releases that all of LS get to enjoy! My favourite part is writing about the inmate of the month!
        Human Resources
        Human Resources!
        It is such an important division as we manage everything from personnel files, check-ins, background checks, loas, promotions and a lot more. We do not only focus on the paperwork aspect, we also take care of the whole recruitment process. A new thing that we implemented is giving Ex-Felons a chance to apply for the DOC! Which you can do, if you have a firearm license. The best part of human resources is to see how new correctional officers that you recruited and trained in their academy, make it to independent and skillful correctional officers.
        If you are interested in joining the DOC, please apply for it! The Human Resources Team will take care of your application.
        Groundskeeping
        Within the groundskeeping division we strive to keep the prison in pristine condition. We will take care of all the maintenance that the DOC requires to keep it operating to its fullest potential, and we strive to keep the prison a safe working environment for all of its employees. Our job as maintenance units has a lot of variety, we will take every job head on, be it big or small. From managing fire suppression systems to installing eco-friendly solar panels, Groundskeeping is always looking to help modernize our department.
        Correctional Field Training
        Correctional Field Training is an amazing division because it's how we get to watch our officers grow! We handle all the practical training at the DOC, so we’re really hands-on and involved. We teach how to properly shoot a pistol, how to frisk someone, how to transport inmates and block intercepting vehicles, how to fight with hand to hand combat and all sorts of other interesting things! The best part is getting to watch those we taught eventually teach students of their own. Training not only teaches the new recruits, it also creates a bond with teacher and student. CFT is a staple of the DOC; it is the life blood of the entire department of corrections.
      Phone Calls
          When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
            Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
              Promotions
              Demotions
              Suspensions
              Resignations
              Terminations

Recruitment
              Total Applications
              Accepted
              Denied
              Pending
              Reinstatements
              Withdrawn
              Number of Academies
              New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
              Total Trainings completed
              Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
              Total Requests
              Tours Conducted
            • Duty Reports
              Processing
              Code 1s
              Force 6
              Solitary
              Duty Reports
            Recruitment Status
            Recruitment
             ! Message from: Human Resources Command
            Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
              • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
            • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
              • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on any of your characters ))
            • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
            • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
            • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
              • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
            • Additional Requirements:
              • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
              • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
              • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
              • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
            Closing Message from the Warden
            And that ends our November Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
            We don't have a chimney but we're hoping that Santa will find some way to visit the inmates.
            Next month will be our year roundup Press Release so stay tuned!

Kourtney Lafleur
            Warden
            San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
            Marc Ericsson
            Lieutenant

[email protected]
              Adam Payne
              Commander, Public Relations Promoter