MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - OCTOBER 2022

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Tuesday, November 1st, 2022
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

- -
  • -
RECRUITMENT IS OPEN - APPLY NOW

• -
    As a sworn member of the Los Santos Police Department, a Police Officer maintains order, enforces laws and ordinances, and protects life and property; issues citations, makes arrests, prepares reports, and provides information to the public and departmental units; works with neighborhood associations and community members as a planner, community organizer, problem solver, and information link; and does related work. Information on instructions and the hiring status can be found, here.
    -
OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.
    -

-
    After a long career in Los Santos Sheriff's Department, Officer Draco transferred as a Deputy Sheriff III on the 19th of August, 2022. His transfer was accepted and he formally became a Police Officer with the rank of Police Officer II in Los Santos Police Department on 21st of August, 2022 being stationed under the Mission Row Patrol Division. Due to his consistent work and stellar work ethic on the 11th of October, this year Officer Draco was upgraded to the rank of Police Officer III and transferred to the Gang Enforcement Detail under the Gang and Narcotics Division.

Officer Draco said that he wants to positively contribute to the Department and make a good impact on the city - and that is what he exactly did. By receiving this prestigious award, Lucas stood by his intentions.
    -
    Gang and Narcotics Division Command wrote: Officer Draco has made significant improvements to his work output since joining GED. He is a reliable officer that consistently provides good results, whether that's with paperwork or within the field. To back this up Officer Draco received an award this month for being an exemplary field training officer, highlighting his work for the Field Training Division. Officer Draco's hard work is also reflected in his hours for the department, he hasn't had a week of fewer than 25 hours this month, further demonstrating his consistent output.
    -
    For that, the Los Santos Police Department wishes to congratulate Officer Draco on his performance and the recognition thereof during the month of October by the issuance of the Officer of the Month award, which is an award that signifies universal commitment and excellence as an officer.

EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Commander ► Image Deputy Chief of Police
    • Scott Dunbar
    Image Police Captain I ► Image Police Captain II
    • Grace Hunter

Image Police Lieutenant I ► Image Police Lieutenant II
    • Jonathan Willowick

-REINSTATEMENTS AND TRANSFERS
    -
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department. Most were retired Officers who reinstated, but we also had the pleasure of welcoming two Deputies from the Sheriff's Department.

Image Police Lieutenant II
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Tim Havlicek

Image Police Detective I
    • Grace Steel

Image Police Officer III
    • Patrick Hill
    • Elian Ramos
    • Harvey Sutherland
    Image Police Officer II
    • Billy Drake
    • Bobby Heat
    Police Cadet
    • Nolan Brooks
    • John Everett
    • Suki Kingstone
    • Ana Malkovich
    • Logan Nathan
    -
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Dominic Ace
    • Mike Luigi
    • Thomas Pennyworth
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Lucas Draco
    • Lance Sage
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer III
    • Mike Adams
    • Patrick Hill
    • Suki Kingstone
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Vincent Anderson
    • Anthony Gray
    • Coral Lafleur
    • Mark Sloan
    • Jason Stafford
    • Jackson Steel
    • Austin Thieman
    • Valkyrie Winger
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • King Lee
    • Phil Burns
    • Brandon McCain
    • Steve Lee
    • Christopher Roman
FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Deputy Chief of Police Scott Dunbar initially joined the Los Santos Police Department in April 2019 and served until October 2021 in a number of positions across several Bureaus before resigning and reinstating in April this year. Deputy Chief Dunbar was reinstated as a Commander and was assigned to Command the Supervisor Training Program which would later see a drastic change.

In October of 2022 the Los Santos Police Department saw the introduction of the Professional Standards Bureau and with that came a vacancy - one that would be filled by Deputy Chief Dunbar following his subsequent promotion from Commander to Deputy Chief the same month making him the Director of the newly established Bureau. The Professional Standards Bureau currently houses the Supervisor Training Program and the Internal Affairs Division.
    We asked Deputy Chief Dunbar the following questions;
    -
    What made you want to become a Police Officer?
    -
    Growing up I was always interested in both crime documentaries and television shows based on law enforcement. Over the years this shaped my decision when it came to what to study at college - with my choice being criminology. Following graduation from College I decided that I didn't want to work a desk job, I was looking for an opportunity where I could be out among people helping them, and for this reason, the decision to become a Police Officer was obvious.
    -
    What do you think are the main challenges you will face in your new role?
    -
    Fundamentally I think the biggest challenge I will face is getting a grip on Internal Affairs which now falls under my remit. I was previously a Senior Investigator within Internal Affairs prior to my departure last year, however, IAD has moved on under the leadership of Deputy Chief of Police Sanchez and Lieutenant Nash and is a well-oiled machine, getting myself up to pace with the changes and efficiencies will likely be my biggest challenge.
    -
    What do you hope to achieve in your new role as Deputy Chief of the Professional Standards Bureau?
    -
    Professional Standards is a fairly small Bureau, currently containing the Supervisor Training Division and Internal Affairs Division. In addition to this my remit extends to a review of the supervisor manual and the Los Santos Police Department's award system. These areas are my main goals, to ensure the supervisor manual is brought up to date and to investigate expanding the current award system in the hope that these two things will improve how the Department interacts with the general public.

STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    Ride-Along Reports
    * These reports are currently not tallied
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Insufficient Evidence to Adjudicate
    Withdrawn
EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    7 | 6.19%
    1 | 0.88%
    1 | 0.88%
    5 | 4.42%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief of Police
    Image Deputy Chief of Police
    -------------------
    5 | 4.42%
    2 | 1.77%
    0 | 0.00%
    1 | 0.88%
    2 | 1.77%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    10 | 8.85%
    05 | 4.42%
    05 | 4.42%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    6 l 5.31%
    3 | 2.65%
    3 | 2.65%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    10 | 8.85%
    01 | 0.88%
    01 | 0.88%
    08 | 7.08%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    58 | 51.33%
    06 | 5.31%
    21 | 18.58%
    25 | 22.12%
    06 | 5.31%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    17 | 15.04%
    17 | 15.04%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees

CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for October. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

* The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”