Press Release September 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release September 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the September SADOC Press Release!
The public relations team, led by Marc Ericsson, has been amazing the last month with numerous events.
We have "borrowed" ideas from other Departments and added a statistics section to show off all kind of fun numbers such as recruitment and the amount of inmates processed!
Undoubtedly the best division, Groundskeeping, has a small showcase in this month's press release as well.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month September 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I think my biggest achievement was to get employed at DOC, My current memorable achievement was and still is to be promoted to FRD supervisor, which I didn't even expects! Other achievements I think they are still coming. I'm also so proud of my work at Felon reformation division, where I approve my growth of personality to help reformees to reform them self on better path outside of prison.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My current goal is to get promoted to Supervisor, but it's still long way to go there.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
I would say that they should no be ever afraid to ask for help if they needed I would say that everyone should get chance to be a prison guard, because it's an honor to help some people to reform, to get on better side of their life. It's not that hard as might some of you think, we don't bite. And you are always welcome to join best Department that exists in Los Santos

Division Spotlight - Groundskeeping
  • What is the Groundskeeping Divison ?
    TThe Groundskeeping Division is one of the many divisions that the San Andreas Department of Corrections provides. The Groundskeeping Division is the glue that holds the San Andreas Department of Corrections together. As a division, they are responsible for everything that involves the building of the prison. They do weekly tasks and work orders that keep the prison in tip-top shape. This division is responsible for ensuring the building of the San Andreas Department of Corrections can run effectively and house inmates.
    What is Groundskeeping Like ?
    The Groundskeeping Division can only be described as hectic. The division is hectic because of the daily activities required of them. One day they won't be needed or have any tasks to do, then the next they'll be running all over the prison with tons of work that they're needed for. The guys in this division are literally the glue of DOC, it wouldn't run without them.

Daily Duties of Groundskeepers
    The Groundskeeping Division has many daily tasks that they must perform. The Groundskeepers have many daily tasks, from their weekly tasks to their work orders. These are duties that every Groundskeeper is responsible for getting done on duty.

Weekly Tasks
    The Groundskeeping division is charged with keeping the prison up and running, so they have weekly tasks that must be done. These weekly tasks can range from building maintenance to cleaning to IT duties, Groundskeeping does it all. Some building maintenance work that Groundskeepers do is inspecting the water towers, the catwalk, our AC units, watch towers, and gun ranges. These are all parts of the building that Groundskeeping maintains. Groundskeepers are also DOC's personal IT people. They are responsible for maintaining the technology in the prison, such as the CCTV cameras. Groundskeepers are also your DOC's cleaners, they are responsible for cleaning up everything inside DOC from throw-up to blood. Groundskeepers also do other tasks, such as Kevlar checkups and mowing the lawn.

Work Orders
    The Groundskeeping division also completes what we call "work orders" at DOC. A work order is something any employee at DOC can put in if they see something that needs fixing. Some examples of past work orders are when our breezeway fence fell, a "high urgency" work order was placed, and the fence was fixed by the Groundskeeping division. Another work order recently put in was fixing the Wi-Fi at DOC. Our lovely Warden realized our Wi-Fi wasn't working, so she ordered the Wi-Fi gets fixed. A member of Groundskeeping then fixed the Wi-Fi.

Message From The Head Of The Groundskeeping Division.
    James Stile wrote:
    Hello, so my name is James Stile and I am currently the Head of the Groundskeeping Division. This division is focused solely on making sure your favorite hostel, San Andreas Department of Corrections, is running as smooth as butter. Our goal here at Groundskeeping is to build this prison into the nicest and comfiest hotel you'll ever see. We do so many tasks that you couldn't count them on your fingers. From work orders to daily maintenance, the list goes on and on. The Groundskeeping division is the glue of SADOC.

As a member of the Groundskeeping division, you must be physically fit and handy with tools. That's why one of the questions on our application is literally "Can you hold a screwdriver?". SADOC Groundskeepers are your best of the best when it comes to handyman or women's work. They are the sole reason the SADOC hotel is running as well as it is.

This division contains the most dedicated people in the world. It is one of the divisions that people join as soon as possible because we're that popular. We're basically the Katy Perry of SADOC.

The members of the division also use our skills for anything that might be needed. We make ourselves known to members of your SAGOV that we're capable of helping them with anything, as we helped SAGOV with the power plant. We as a division plan to use our skills to grow the SADOC to the greatest hotel on Earth.
    Inmate Groundskeeping Tasks
    The Groundskeeping division also started doing something else that's very special. They have started allowing inmates to complete Groundskeeping tasks. This is all monitored and run by the Groundskeeping Command Team. They will keep track of how the inmates behave and determine what tasks they're allowed to do. When an inmate shows good behavior, they will be trusted to do what we consider "high-risk" tasks, such as mowing the lawn, fixing vehicles, or painting. This is something that's very special to everyone at DOC, because it gives the inmates a way to make money, as we will pay them for completing these tasks, but it also gives the members of the division a break by having someone else do some work for them.
Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two people meeting with a friend
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Inmate of the Month

Raven Derose

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
  • Why do you do illegal things?
    • I like to have fun, and illegal things get the adrenaline going.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
    • I like the guards, They're fun to be around usually.

• What's your least favorite thing?
    • The annoying ass sexist ass inmates

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
    • I would change hmmm I would add more fun things. Like more games or something like that.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
    • Ooo I know inmates like to walk around where they're no supposed to be so I would make a little walkaway for inmates like a lil garden.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
    • I miss Coral she was awesome. She didn't beat us all the time so that was cool.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
    • I usually take the hit for many robberies. I would rather get caught then my friends.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
    • Do crime it's fun.

Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#751 John Tegans
#812 Alexa Perol
#796 Brendan Mclain (Reinstatement)
#733 Gavin Sands (Reinstatement)
#797 Freya Larsen (Reinstatement)
#863 Lucy Corelle
#862 Reggie Hoags

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
#855 Jessica Taylor
#850 Bogdan Beciri
#849 David Mathews

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
#743 Stefan Dobrev
#814 Allen Britto
#841 Jim Hart
#838 Jimmithy Jemima
#847 Theodore Dick
#743 Stefan Dobrev (Reinstatement)
#771 Lukas Flory (Reinstatement)
ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
#825 Marcos Chandler
#835 Galileo Czapiewski
ImageCororpalImage
#809 Daryl Neumann

ImageSergeantImage
#736 Marc Ericsson

ImageDeputy WardenImage
#645 Steve Blata
#646 Katie Schneider
#663 Audrey Martin
    That's My Warden
        • At the beginning of this month, we had three big promotions within our High Command team. Audrey Martin, Katie Schneider, and Steve Blata, who were all previously assistant Wardens, were all promoted to Deputy Wardens.
            Steve Blata wrote:This is a great milestone that we have reached after being wardens for a while. We are grateful for everything and you guys are the face of DOC right now so keep it up!
              They have all been working here at the DOC for over 12 months and these three have been doing great things for the DOC from their first day here. They have done fantastic jobs running their individual divisions and are always helping with improvements within DOC. They worked hard for this position and it is well deserved!
            Phone Calls
                When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                Statistics

• Employee Adjustments
                  Promotions
                  Demotions
                  Suspensions
                  Resignations
                  Terminations

Recruitment
                  Total Applications
                  Accepted
                  Denied
                  Pending
                  Reinstatements
                  Withdrawn
                  Number of Academies
                  New Trainees

Correctional Field Training
                  Total Trainings completed
                  Total Instructors Shadowed

Public Tour Request
                  Total Requests
                  Tours Conducted
                • Duty Reports
                  Processing
                  Code 1s
                  Force 6
                  Solitary
                  Duty Reports
                Recruitment Status
                Recruitment
                 ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                  • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                  • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
                • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
                • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                  • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                • Additional Requirements:
                  • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                  • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                  • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                  • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                Closing Message from the Warden
                And that ends our September Press release. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here.
                Next month is Spooktober so keep an eye out of spooky stories as well as information about how DOC handles Breast Cancer Awareness month! It is also my two year anniversary at SADOC in October so I'm going to write a section going over some fun events from my time at Bolingbroke!
                Kourtney Lafleur
                Warden
                San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
                Marc Ericsson
                Sergeant

[email protected]
                  Marcos Chandler
                  Senior Correctional Officer