Press Release August 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release August 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the August Press Release! It seems we just enough power to post this!
It has been another busy month at DOC with events, changes and fun activities. This press release below only showcases a portion of what we have been up to the past month. Even the blackout didn't dull our spirits and we carried on as usual.
The highlight of the month by far was the screening of CATS (2019) which even the Commissioners attended (briefly) and inmate poker night that lasted about 3 minutes as we ran out of stamps.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month August 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My most memorable achievements would be personal growth, learning to work as a team and even lead a team when needed, friendships, memories of all the moments I will treasure with employees who are both here or no longer work at DOC, helping some inmates change their path in life, seeing the growth of guards around me from a scared trainee into a confident and full of personality guard

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Obviously, I would like to become a supervisor, take a leadership role more often, as often as needed, learn more new things to help the department, understand more the nurturing approach that I have planned to take from here on out when dealing with newer officers, keep making memories to cherish forever with my family here at the DOC.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Don't be afraid to speak, even if you're wrong, doesn't matter, communicate, don't bottle things up, be ready to learn, don't be discouraged, no one is perfect, all your supervisors were once trainees, keep at it.
In the words of a great warden: "The prison is a small place, we can't avoid each other, please don't hate each other"

Blackout
    • In the late hours of the night on 27/Aug/2022, there was an explosion heard from the east of the city at the power plant. This explosion causes all the lights in the city to flicker before completely turning off and the city was out of power for a while. The outage left the DOC in complete darkness, you can view some photos of the scenes below:
          On Sunday, August 28th around 8 PM some of our officers went down to the powerplant to assist with the cleaning up of the rubble and they also assisted in the attempt to restore the power to Los Santos. They used a number of vehicles such as bulldozers and dump trucks to clear up all of the rubble from the collapsed building and then they eventually got to work with their hands after most of the rubble was moved from the exterior.
            On Monday, August 29th, some of our officers returned to the power plant again along with some members from the SASG and the owner of the plant, this time to assist with some final repairs to some of the damaged equipment. Senior Correctional Officer Daryl Neumann and Captain Maximillian Speed both expressed their thoughts on what could be damaged around the plant and provided some solutions to them.

The Interm Director of the Public Works Bureau Yuki Nakamura showed them the different damaged equipment and then they got to work and were eventually able to get to work and eventually restored some of the power to the city.
              Daryl Neumann wrote: There were four turbines, two of which were fully dead internally. If we turned on the power, the two working turbines would have overloaded with double the voltage since only two out of the four were working. That is what happened when the power was turned on previously, which fired many of the fuses. I replaced all of the fuses with bigger amperage ones and grounded the 2 broken turbines so the electricity goes to the ground instead of to the working turbines. We then turned it on and it worked, but one of the turbines was losing a lot of pressure. We checked and one of the valves was broken. I changed it to a new valve with bigger PSI. Then we turned it on again and it was working fine, so we asked them to wait a few hours before rolling out the electricity so the batteries can get some charge.
                  We would like to thank all the departments for working together in an effort to restore the power to the city and we would like to thank the public for being patient as the repairs were being done.
                Visitation
                Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
                Two friends meeting with an inmate
                Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
                There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
                • No physical contact
                • No whispering
                • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
                • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
                For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
                Inmate of the Month

Klaus Hunter

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
                • Why do you do illegal things?
                  • I came up from nothing when my parents died was just me and the streets so I only had one choice and that was to survive by any means.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
                  • No matter what I do on the outside y'all take care of me, not just for a paycheck either cause y'all care for us and sometimes I wonder why that is do when I'm here I try to do my best to respect y'all.

• What's your least favorite thing?
                  • The inmates that don't know how to act and don't respect the jail code and how things are done here.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
                  • More things to do for the inmates so they don't act crazy and maybe stuff for y'all to do with us too. And better prices on food for when y'all aren't here to give us some.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
                  • I would like to get payed to be here so I don't have to do the things I do on the outside.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
                  • This might sound bad but my gun, man. I always grew up with one and not to just harm others either, I'm not a bad person I just do some bad things but I feel safe when I have it; I have trust issues.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
                  • I think I just grew up the wrong way and faced the law at a young age, some habits are just hard too break.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
                  • I would like to say I love everyone and I hope everyone stays safe and shout out to DOC for the chance to do this.

Division Spotlight - Felon Reformation Division
                • What is the Felon Reformation Division?
                  The Felon Reformation Division assists felons who want a second chance in the legal society. Its main focus is on providing felons rehabilitation and assistance to receive a job in one of the government-owned companies. They also work closely together with the CMT division, which can provide therapy sessions if requested by the felon. The program is usually between 3 to 5 weeks long, however, if assistance is longer required, they will continue to provide the by now Ex-Felon the guidance that he needs.
                  What is the Felon Reformation Program Like?
                  When you get accepted into the FRD program, you will start off by doing your Introduction meeting. This meeting is where your reformation officer gets to know you. You will be asked a series of questions relating to you and the life you are trying to reform from.

Your Second meeting is a progression update, the reformation officer will chat with you to see what you have been up to since the first meeting. In this meeting, they also like to hear of any improvements you think you have made in the past week.

The third meeting is a more hands-on meeting. Your reformation officers will ask you a series of scenario questions and you are to tell them how you would handle each situation. If you do not already have a job, after the third meeting, FRD works with you and other companies to try and get you employment at one of the companies.

When you successfully gain employment at one of the companies, your fourth meeting will be a workplace checkup. Your reformation officer has a meeting with you and your supervisor at your job to see how you have been doing.

Your final meeting is your Farewell Meeting, if you have made it this far it means that you have successfully gone through the program and passed it. In this meeting, your reformation officer will say their goodbyes to you and will issue you with your program passed certificate.
                  Message From The Head Of The Felon Reformation Division.
                  Issei Schneider wrote:
                  Hello so My name is Issei Schneider i am currently the Head of the Felon Reformation Division, With this the Division we have is something to help benefit both the SADOC and Public, we aim to build a relation with the public helping people on the path of change, So currently FRD is a Program we have to help those Ex Convicts and Felons on a Path to change, With this we offer a 1 on 1 program that allows us to get to know them and help them with any Mental or Physical Conditions and if we can not do it then we offer them the right path on where to go, We offer housing for the homeless and we also offer CRU help and During our meetings we also allow our Trained Therapy Puppies to be there.

As a Reformation Officer we aim to help people and Guide them onto a change meaning that we will do our best to help them Get Jobs whether its in Bayview, LSC, Weazel, DCC, LSEMS or even Maybe with a New Private company who aims to give people the chance, Our Program assists in many ways since most jobs wont allow Felons to work for them until have truly cleaned them self of Affiliations and Crimes, with this FRD allows Guidance and help to do what they struggle to do,

As a Reformation Program our Way is High and want whats best for the Public and we also offer many chances for Reformees and will be working around new ways to help the Reformees progress, we offer Practice Training's and will be working on have a Community Service Program as well that may assist in situations,
                  As FRD We also have a new role in Assisting SD with Parole which is still currently in the workings and with this we aim to help where we can and involve our program /Division as much as possible.

How You Can Join the Felon Reformation Program.
                • Ringing the bell.
                • There are a number of ways in which you can go about enrolling in the program. The first way is, simply coming by the San Andreas Department of Corrections and ringing the bell at the front desk. When you ring the bell, an office will come to assist you and you just need to mention that you are interested in joining the FRD program and they will try to get a reformation officer to come and conduct your first meeting.
                • Applying online
                • The second way you can join the FRD program is by applying using the online application. Simply copy and paste the format filling out all the necessary information. Once you post your application, a reformation officer will review it and once you are accepted all you need to do is head down to the DOC and state that you are there for your first FRD meeting.

Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#846 Rosie Marelli
                #843 Beauregard Abernathy
                #840 Robert Miskiewicz
                #847 Babu Headick
                #848 Kirito Nezuko
                #836 Kyla Marie
                #850 Bogdan Beciri
                #849 David Mathews
                #851 Dorabella Monroe

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
                #835 Galileo Czapiewski
                #838 Jimmithy Jemima
                #845 Ana Yuna
                #814 Allen Britto (Reinstatemnt)
                #815 Harold Bohannon
                #841 Jim Hart

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
                #825 Marcos Chandler

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
                #808 James Stile

ImageCororpalImage
                #736 Marc Ericsson

ImageCaptainImage
                #12 Adam Payne
                #13 Issei Schneider
                #14 Maximillian Speed
                  AYE AYE Captain!
                  • This month was a big month as we had three additions to our command team. Adam Payne, Issei Schneider & Maximillian Speed were all promoted from Lieutenant to Captain this month. They have all worked very hard over the past couple of months and have shown our High Command team that they are well deserving of their positions.
                    Maximillian Speed is the current head of CFT and he has also been employed at the SADOC for about 9 months. During his time here, he was also the head of Groundskeeping for around 3 months taking it from a low number of 4 active members to a peak of 24 members. He got new equipment for the division like fire extinguishers and new vehicles. He then trained Adam Payne and eventually passed the division down to him. When he handed Grouundskeeping off, he took the role of Head of CFT and he transformed the division into a more renowned division by creating new trainings and making all-around improvements to the division. He was also awarded Employee of The Month of December 2021.
                      Adam Payne, the current head of CMT has been employed at the SADOC for around 9 months. During his time here he has received a number of notable achievements some of them being Head Groundskeeper, Head of CMT, Chief Instructor within CFT, and employee of the month of March 2022. . Adam was trained by Max before he was given the chance to lead Groundskeeping and he also assisted Max with a number of things within the division. Adam was then head of Groundskeeping for 3 months before handing it off and taking the top spot in CMT.
                      Issei Schneider is currently the head of FRD and he has been at the DOC for around 6 months. Some of his noticeable achievements include: becoming part of HR Command, Head of FRD, and earning Employee of the Month of April 2022. When Issei took over FRD from the previous lead, he worked very hard and made a number of changes and improvements to make the division better. Within HR, he constantly works hard and is always showing a good work ethic.

Phone Calls
                            When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
                            Monster Truck Event
                              1. Image
                                  On Sunday the 28th August a SADOC Surprise EVENT Was hosted, Much information was kept a secret and with this only some things were said, The Event was barely known and when it came to the day Quite a lot of people had showed up, with this We let everyone have a Test Run of the track and after everyone had there test run we got straight into the race, with this we did the Races in 4, 2 Laps with 1st and 2nd Place moving onto the next round, with this the races went smooth apart from the 1st Race where on the First Turn a Gang decided to start Shooting at the Monster Trucks causing a little situation, Luckily the Guy was caught and Arrested by PD.
                                        The Races where amazing, We Had many Jumps, Crashes and Stalling but most we had lots of fun, After the 1st Round we moved onto the 2nd Round which was the Semi Finals and then completed this, 1st race of Semis was the Girls, with this it was a great race then with 2nd Race of the Semis we had the Boys Race, After the Round 2 was completed, we then Moved onto the Final round where 4 people Raced for the Prizes.
                                            The last Race was great and pretty close, As James took first place from the start till a little situation happened causing Ana Yuna to Jump into First place, with this The race continued and was great, We come to the final Stretch and it was a Close one between Ana and James, With this when they crossed the Line Ana had came in 1st Place and then James had came in 2nd Place, with this the 3rd Place was Bogdan, With this the race was great and all went well, We all had plenty of fun and then the Prizes were Handed out to the winning people.
                                          Blackout Activities
                                          During the 48 hour period when the lights were out, inmates ran amok so Correctional Officers had to come up with some fun things for inmates to do to pass the time until they could see each other again.
                                          Tap Dancing
                                          A few of our Correctional Officers used their off duty free time to take up tap dancing to teach the inmates how to tap dance.
                                          As you can see from the picture, the inmates are really enjoying themselves!
                                          Inmate Speed dating
                                          The prison can be a very lonely place romantically so we decided to set out some chairs and tables for the inmates to use for speed dating.
                                          We were unable to provide them any candles because inmates and fire do not mix very well!
                                          Shrek the Musical
                                          Although this occurred shortly after the lights came on but during one of the brief power outages a few inmates performed scenes from Shrek the Musical in the rec room.
                                          Even a few of the harder criminals wept during the onion layer scene with a riveting performance from a senile old man who cannot be named.
                                          Recruitment Status
                                          Recruitment
                                           ! Message from: Human Resources Command
                                          Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                                          • Age: Must be over the age of 18 and no older than 55.
                                            • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
                                          • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                                            • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
                                          • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
                                          • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
                                          • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                                            • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                                          • Additional Requirements:
                                            • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                                            • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                                            • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                                            • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                                          Closing Message from the Warden
                                          Thank you for reading the August Press Release! The Public Relations team, and especially Marc Ericsson, has done a great job with it this month.
                                          As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here. We also conduct tours so feel free to apply on the Government Website if you'd like to see what happens behind closed doors.
                                          Kourtney Lafleur
                                          Warden
                                          San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information
                                          Marc Ericsson
                                          Corporal

[email protected]
                                            Issei Ryoshi
                                            Captain

[email protected]
                                              Marcos Chandler
                                              Correctional Officer III

[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”