[NEWSLETTER #2] SASG Updates - May 2022

View newsletters produced by the San Andreas State Government, and find out what's happening in the government and around the state.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

[NEWSLETTER #2] SASG Updates - May 2022

Post by Solomon Cobb »

INTRODUCTION
Over the last several months, the San Andreas State Government has been going through many changes across the board. Whilst originally, the SASG was focused more on government-funded agencies (LSPD, LSSD, SADOC, LSEMS, Bayview, LSC, DCC, & Weazel), we have felt a void in representation for the average Joe citizen within Los Santos.

This newsletter will be to highlight many of the recent changes to SASG, as well as things that are upcoming or in the works. This can range from big-picture changes like entirely new bureaus and changes in leadership, down to smaller passion projects such as our clothing banks and venue rentals.

I hope this newsletter helps improve the transparency of Government-funded projects and our overall operations at the San Andreas State Government.
INTRODUCING PUBLIC RELATIONS BUREAU

Solomon Cobb wrote: In my many years here in the city, there's been one huge problem in the way the San Andreas State Government currently operates.

Image.

The Image given by the SASG has not been the best over the last year or so. As in pretty much nonexistent. We are seen as having 3 primary outputs in the eyes of the public:
  • Business Licensing & Registration.
  • Housing & Property Requests.
  • A press release once in a blue moon.
And whilst the output of those areas has been good, in my opinion, there are still gaps in what we can offer. The government has the potential to have much more public outreach than it currently has. Some of the initial ideas for the bureau are:
  • General Newsletters - Separate from the press releases directly from commissioners (Like this one!).
  • Public surveys where some of us go out around the city asking random people questions, to then be addressed in a newsletter to show we listen.
  • City Census - Where we invite citizens to city hall to fill out a census and publish stats later,
  • Increase awareness of a variety of topics - Environmental friendliness, business opportunities, job opportunities, etc.
  • Community Outreach - Be stationed somewhere and advertise availability to the public for questions, concerns, and comments.
That is the goal of the Public Relations Bureau, to serve effectively the same way a public relations division would in other agencies but with a bit of a wider scope due to the nature of SASG.

In my few weeks at the SASG, I have found several amazing opportunities that are currently untapped, and hopefully now with someone dedicated to bringing them to life will usher in a new age for the State Government.
INTRODUCING HUMAN RESOURCES BUREAU

Guilherme Tavares wrote: Having made a career in Recruitment and Employment at the Los Santos Police Department and Human Resources at the San Andreas Department of Corrections, it was my honest opinion that the San Andreas State Government was in dire need of a dedicated bureau for Human Resources.
There had once been a Human Resources Bureau within the SASG, and having been given permission from the Board of Commissioners, we set about looking through the old documents for things we could reuse in our new implementation.
The Human Resources team manages the personnel files, applications, hires, as well as the initial training for new interns. It is also HR that issues warnings and supervises all other employees, ensuring that everyone is following protocol and maintaining the high standard required by the Employee Handbook.
Having said that, we first focused on revamping our whole internal section formats which were all from 4 years ago. Then, we restructured our recruitment process.
It hasn't been an easy task, but I feel myself, alongside my very valuable team, are up to the challenge laid by the Board of Commissioners.
CLOTHES, AND RECYCLING BANKS

Here at the San Andreas State Government, we are aiming to help people across the board, whether you're a successful business owner, a budding entrepreneur, an average citizen just trying to get by, or someone that's struggling to get by. We have created a clothes bank at our City Hall on Carcer Way. It can be found against the wall to the left of our main entrance.

You could take your old clothing to the pawnshop and make a few extra dollars, but instead, consider those who could be struggling to buy such essentials as clothing and instead take a drive and deposit it inside our clothing bank.

If you are one of those in need feel free to take clothes from the bank, but only take what you need. This is for everyone and we'd hate for it to be abused by people so we will be keeping an eye on activity for use of these banks.

Nearby this clothing bank we have also installed some recycling bins to encourage more of a greener Los Santos. If you have any trash and do not keep recycling bins for yourself, feel free to drive to city hall and utilize ours. We will be pushing more of a green initiative over the coming months with potential incentives for business owners to utilize solar panels and recycling bins as well as more eco-friendly appliances such as fridges, lighting, and others.
FOOD BANK

Alongside the above clothing banks, we have also added refrigerator storage within our main building just to the right of a food bank. Bring any food, be it fresh, close to use-by date, or just spoiled. There are 2 compartments to separate the food appropriately with spoiled food going in the top compartment and fresher, still usable food going in the lower compartment. This serves a similar purpose to the clothing bank and is to supply some food to those in need so if you fit the bill then feel free to grab a sandwich and drink or two.

The San Andreas State Government will be matching anything donated 1:1 (including spoiled food) with freshly bought/made food and we will be taking it around the city and giving it out to those either too busy serving the city to buy food or those in need.

When taking food and/or drink from this bank please think of others and do not get greedy as we would hate for the system to be ruined by abuse.
NEW JOB POSITIONS
With our expansion and creation of new bureaus, the San Andreas State Government has many employment opportunities and we're hiring across the board and have vacancies to fill in almost all areas of the government.

Do you feel like you'd like more input on business regulation and licensing? You could become a licensing official!
Do you feel like you want to be an estate agent but cooler? Then you could become part of the Property & Housing Bureau!
Do you feel like you are good with people and gaining the trust of the public? You could become part of the newly formed Public Services Bureau!
Do you like doing paperwork and recruitment? You could become part of the Human Resources Bureau!

You can end up in one, or multiple of the above bureaus (or even start your own) within a career at the SASG. Just take the first steps and apply to become an intern by CLICKING HERE. Contrary to the popular belief many people have, an Intern is actually a paid position, matching similar starting wages to other jobs within the city. We believe in giving people opportunities to bring their own personal touch to the government so apply today!

The intern bullpen.

As well as the Intern position, we currently still have a job listing up for a Government Facilities Management worker. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO. This is a dedicated position with only 1 opening at the current time and with the potential to grow in the future.

Your office if you get the job.

We will also be hiring security personnel in the foreseeable future so keep an eye on our job listings for that!
UTILIZING GOVERNMENT PROPERTIES
The SASG owns multiple properties across the state, notable ones being the current city hall on Carcer Way and the old city hall on Occupation Avenue. We do allow the use of these properties and their exteriors with certain stipulations. Examples can be, but are not limited to:
  • Career Fair on the lawn outside of city hall
  • Press Conference on the steps outside of the old city hall
  • Community drives (e.g. blood drive, food drive, etc.)
  • Wedding venue using our conference hall
Press Conference

Career Fair

Conference Room

If you or your agency would like to utilize a government property for something similar to that outlined above, email Director Solomon Cobb (Click here -> [email protected]) with your proposal to get it in writing that you can use the facilities. These will be free for the use of government-funded agencies (LSPD, LSSD, SADOC, LSEMS, Bayview, LSC, DCC, and Weazel News) but for private functions from civilians may come at a cost to be agreed on after discussion.

Expect a public area on the government website soon with more information on government properties and their access to the public defined with more convenient ways to register the interest of use.
INCIDENT AT CITY HALL

On the 16th of May, we had an incident where a trainee pilot who was testing some classified new take-off techniques unfortunately crashed the helicopter on our front lawn. Nobody was hurt in this incident, however, it made a rather large mess out the front of city hall. Luckily, incident site workers came and handled the clean-up alongside some LSEMS Fire Department personnel.

I had the pleasure of talking to a Mr. Havan Cooper, a new starter with the company and he had the following to say:
Havan Cooper, Construction Worker wrote: My CV got accepted today so it's my first day as a construction worker. I'd rate this incident a 1/10 in terms of danger, 1 being most dangerous and 10 being safe. The incident is very big, it's something crazy that I have seen in my life. But our boys got it and we will fix it! Not the first time we have seen something like that. We are proud to make this generation for a better world.
Havan Cooper, Trainee Incident Worker

The San Andreas State Government commends the great work put into cleaning up this incident, and the amount of efficiency with which they operated all whilst also maintaining a level of professionalism and keeping civilians away from the danger. The only criticism I could see is how they parked, blocking off the lane of travel in which their signs were directing traffic, but apart from that, impeccable job all around! Thank you once again Mr. Cooper for giving us the time to get an insight into your work and we hope you rise up within your company.
COMMUNITY LETTERBOX
We have spent some time cleaning up and dusting off the old community letterbox that hasn't seen much action since the old suggestion of speed cameras and parking on the pier. You can CLICK HERE to access the letterbox.

The Community Letterbox is for the community of San Andreas to send in concerns and suggestions to the Los Santos City Hall. Individuals may choose to be anonymous should they choose, however, that will decrease the possibility of your concern or suggestion being heard properly - as City Hall may require further conversations with you.

When you have a concern or a suggestion, you simply share that with us in your own words. Once you submit your topic, you will not be able to make adjustments to your concern/suggestion.

Once your topic has been submitted, select employees of the Public Services Bureau within the San Andreas State Government will determine whether your topic will be moved for further review by the Board of Commissioners or not.

If you leave a phone number or contact email on your topic, then you may be contacted by an employee of the San Andreas State Government for either further conversation or to be informed of the conclusion for your suggestion/concern topic.
NEW LICENSES

The Business Licensing Bureau of the SASG has a minor update regarding 2 licenses.
ADBL:01 - Graphics/Artwork License, and ADBL:02 - Property Designer are currently both available as regular business licenses, but these will also be available as citizen licenses moving forward. This should allow more freedom for these kind of operations that might not require a dedicated business attached to them to still operate without a constant upkeep cost when done at a smaller level. The citizen license variant of ADBL:01 will be a one-off cost of $15,000 and the citizen license variant of ADBL:02 will be for $35,000. The prices will be under review initially and may be lowered or raised depending on feedback and success of them. For any further inquiries reach out to a Business Licensing Official.

People have been asking recently "Do I need a license to run my lucrative vending machine business?" and "Do I need to pay extra money to the government for putting 1 vending machine selling Sprunk™ outside my apartment complex?". We will be introducing vending machine registration sometime in the foreseeable future. People should not expect to pay licensing for these as they're generally small freelance-style operations and not fully-fledged businesses. This would be for the logistical purposes of tracking and accountability. Expect more info to be announced soon regarding this.

CONTACT INFORMATION
      Solomon Cobb, Esq.
      Director | Public Relations Bureau
      San Andreas State Government

[email protected]

☏ 335-2510

Return to “SASG - Newsletters”