[Information] Press Pass Policy

Press Pass Applications allow members of the media to apply for a News Media Identification Card with the Los Santos Police Department. All relevant information can be found here.
Police Department
ECRP Forum Name:

[Information] Press Pass Policy

Post by Police Department »

1. NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD INFORMATION
  • The Los Santos Police Department issues news media identification cards (hereafter, "cards") only to those whom the Department determines to be actual news-gathering representatives of newspapers or publications, news services, radio or television stations maintaining a regular news service to self-employed reporters and photographers which regularly cover news events involving police operations involving the Police Department within the City of Los Santos. The exclusive purpose of such cards shall be to enable the bearer thereof to circumvent the conventional process of partaking in the ride-along program of the Department for members of the media or for the purpose of gathering information for published articles. Possessing such cards does not currently permit the bearer thereof to pass through established police and fire lines in order to cover news events occurring behind such lines.

It is important to note a Los Santos Police Department News Media Identification Card (also referred to as ‘media card’ or ‘press pass’) is not required to obtain or have access to information distributed to the media by the Department. Not having an LSPD press pass would not prevent persons identifying as media from attending Department-sponsored news conferences or events to which the media is invited, or from requesting information through the public inquiries section.

Possession of a card does not permit the bearer thereof to partake in a ride-along with the Los Santos Police Department without having a background check conducted upon the beginning of their ride-along. Bearers of a card will remain subject to background checks that will occur at the beginning of every ride-along, similar to the standard ride-along program of the Department, to ensure that the holder continues to meet the eligibility requirements for a card.

Identical to the standard ride-along program of the Los Santos Police Department, any persons in possession of a card must conduct their ride-along with a fully certified spokesperson of the Media Relations Division if they wish to film their ride-along (partially or entirely), document the work of Police Officers, or ask questions to the officer conducting the ride-along. If the purpose of the ride-along is to take photos or gather information for an article, it can be conducted by any officer part of the Media Relations Division or any Police Supervisor of the Los Santos Police Department.
2. NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD DENIAL OR REVOCATION
  • The News Media Identification Card is and will remain the property of the Los Santos Police Department upon issuance and may be subject to denial or revocation. The Los Santos Police Department, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, reserves the right to, at any point, deny a request for or revoke a News Media Identification Card, with or without prior notice, for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
    1. Past revocation of an LSPD News Media Identification Card.
    2. If the Department determines that the cardholder has abused their card authority.
    3. If the cardholder has used their card with the purpose of attempting to commit or committing a crime, or with the purpose of deceiving another person.
    4. If the cardholder has previously violated the terms of the Los Santos Police Department's Ride-Along Program.
    5. If the cardholder is no longer employed with a news agency, or their duties no longer require them to maintain a media card with the Department.
    6. The card applicant/holder has been arrested and/or convicted for offenses including but not limited to;
      • Offenses that disqualify candidates from the Los Santos Police Department's Ride-Along Program;
      • Offenses that constitute a felony or a serious felony within the State of San Andreas;
      • Offenses that involve the use of force or violence on the person of another;
      • Offenses that involve the interfering or otherwise impeding the activities of law enforcement officers;
      • Offenses that involve lewd conduct, forgery, vagrancy, or embezzlement.
    7. The applicant has provided false or misleading statement(s) on their application.
3. LOSS/THEFT OF MEDIA CARD, CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT, NO LONGER EMPLOYED BY NEWS AGENCY
  • If the media card is lost or stolen, the cardholder or their employer must report the media card lost/stolen to a policing agency. A copy of the report must be provided to the LSPD Media Relations Division before a new media card will be issued.

If the media cardholder changes employer, the holder must notify the LSPD Media Relations Division of the change. If the media pass holder is no longer employed with the news organization through which the media card was obtained, the media card must be surrendered to Media Relations Division immediately.
4. OBTAINING A NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD
  • To obtain a Los Santos Police Department News Media Identification Card, any individual must:
    1. Complete the News Media Identification Card Application form found under "NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD APPLICATION FORM". The application must be complete and signed in order to be considered. Failure to do so could result in delays or denial of an application.
    2. Provide a letter on original business letterhead, signed by the news director, editor, or person in charge, stating that the applicant is an employee of the news organization and an employee who regularly covers news events involving police operations in the City of Los Santos in the application form (press here for an example).
    3. Submit this application in the Press Pass Applications section, making a post only consisting of the application form with all questions filled out. This topic must be conforming to the topic title format outlined under "NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD APPLICATION FORM" and must not be e-mailed.
    4. The application and attached documents will be reviewed by the Media Relations Division, and the applicant will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
5. NEWS MEDIA IDENTIFICATION CARD APPLICATION FORM
  • TOPIC TITLE:
    Firstname Lastname

APPLICATION FORM:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Xt3vxAZ.png[/img]

[lspdsubtitle]1. PERSONAL DETAILS[/lspdsubtitle]
    [divbox=white][list=none]

[b]1.1 Full Name:[/b] Firstname Lastname
    [b]1.2 Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MON/YYYY
    [b]1.3 Phone Number:[/b] ####
    [b]1.4 Residential Address:[/b] Answer

[/list][/divbox]

[lspdsubtitle]2. EMPLOYMENT DETAILS[/lspdsubtitle]

[b]2.1 Employer:[/b] Answer
    [b]2.2 Position/Job Title:[/b] Answer
    [b]2.3 Business Address:[/b] Answer

[b]2.4 Provide a description of your job duties as it applies to the need for an LSPD media card:[/b]
    [list=none]
    Answer Here
    [/list]

[/list][/divbox]

[lspdsubtitle]3. FORM ATTACHMENTS[/lspdsubtitle]
    [b]3.1 Provide a passport photograph ([url=https://i.imgur.com/aXycPgQ.png]press here for an example[/url]):[/b]
    [size=85]Your photo should have the front of your face and your shoulders visible. The photograph [u]SHOULD NOT[/u] include hats, glasses, or any facial obstruction.[/size]

[list=none]
    [url=PASTE LINK HERE] ATTACHED DOCUMENT - PASSPORT PHOTO [/url]
    [/list]

[b]3.2 Proof of Identification ([url=https://i.imgur.com/ooTEaT8.png]press here for an example[/url]):[/b]

[list=none]
    [url=PASTE LINK HERE] ATTACHED DOCUMENT - PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION [/url]
    [/list]

[b]3.3 Proof of Employment ([url=https://i.imgur.com/NMxHJpt.png]press here for an example[/url]):[/b]

[list=none]
    [url=PASTE LINK HERE] ATTACHED DOCUMENT - PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT [/url]
    [/list]

[b]3.4 Provide a letter on original business letterhead, signed by the news director, editor, or person in charge, stating that the applicant is an employee of the news organization and an employee who regularly covers news events involving police operations in the City of Los Santos ([url=https://i.imgur.com/yd69iz0.png]presss here for an example[/url]):[/b]

[list=none]
    [url=PASTE LINK HERE] ATTACHED DOCUMENT - LETTER [/url]
    [/list]

[/list][/divbox]

[lspdsubtitle]4. AGREEMENT[/lspdsubtitle]
    [divbox=white]

[divbox=#ffffde]I, the undersigned, hereby certify that I have carefully read the information submitted on this application and that it is true and complete. I understand any false information or withholding of information is grounds for the denial or revocation of my LSPD News Media Identification Card. I understand and agree to abide by all guidelines and information established in the Press Pass Policy informational topic. 

I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the State of San Andreas, the Los Santos Police Department, their employees, from any and all liability for any loss of life, bodily injury, property damage, or any claim whatsoever, which I may sustain while riding in or upon said motor vehicles and which I may receive while accompanying an officer of the Los Santos Police Department, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, whether through negligence or otherwise.

I agree to assume all risks in riding in Los Santos Police Department's motor vehicles and in accompanying its officers and I am fully aware that personal danger may be involved. I further promise that I have read and fully understand all ride-along regulations.[/divbox][list=none]

[b]4.1 Signature:[/b] [i][font=Bradley Hand ITC] Firstname Lastname [/font][/i]
    [b]4.2 Date Signed:[/b] DD/MON/YYYY

[/list][/divbox]

[lspdfooter][/lspdfooter]

lspdlogo
LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Office of the Chief of Police
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

CHIEF OF POLICE
Elena Flores

Return to “Press Pass Applications”