Bar Ethics Review Board - Commendations/Complaints

Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Bar Ethics Review Board - Commendations/Complaints

Post by Judith Mason »

The San Andreas Bar Ethics Review Board was established to investigate, evaluate, and act upon complaints alleging unethical conduct by attorneys licensed in the State of San Andreas. The Bar Ethics Review Board is responsible for ensuring that all attorneys practicing law within the State are properly licensed to practice and uphold minimum requirements to remain actively licensed within the State.

The San Andreas Bar Ethics Review Board is comprised of select members of the San Andreas Judicial Branch, tasked with overseeing attorney conduct to ensure they are fulfilling their professional responsibilities and upholding their oath to preserve the dignity and respect of the court system.
In order to practice law within the State of San Andreas, an individual must receive accreditation from the San Andreas Bar Association and must maintain a good standing with the San Andreas Bar Ethics Review Board by upholding the ideals as outlined in the Code of Ethics.

Attorneys practicing in the private sector are held accountable not only by the Bar Ethics Review Board, but also by the Business Licensing Bureau of the San Andreas State Government. Further requirements, when available, will be outlined by the Bar Licensing Office.

Should any conduct show a violation of the Code of Ethics or oath that a licensed attorney has undertaken, the individual is subject to review by the San Andreas Bar Ethics Review Board and/or the Business Licensing Bureau, and may face a varying degree of consequences based on the severity of the conduct.
Should someone practice or attempt to practice law without an active Bar License, they will be subject to cease and desist orders as well as the following applicable fines:
  • First Offense: $25,000
  • Second Offense: $50,000 + Additional review for applicable criminal charges.
  • Any further violations will result in a rising level of fees and/or incarceration.
Anyone found claiming to be an attorney without appropriate licensing and registration will be prosecuted in accordance with the San Andreas Penal Code.
The San Andreas Judicial Branch Staff are government employees that work for the public. They are representatives of clients, officers of the legal system, and public citizens having special responsibilities to uphold the quality of justice. Their primary role is to present arguments in legal disputes and to interpret, defend, and apply the law in a variety of case types. Judicial Branch Employees should ensure that court procedures are followed by both sides without being influenced by public perception or their own personal views.

If you feel that an employee of the San Andreas Judicial Branch has acted inappropriately in any shape or form, it is important that a complaint is written and forwarded to the Bar Ethics Review Board, who oversees the conduct of all licensed attorneys and the Judicial Branch as a whole.

If you have reason to believe a Judicial Branch Employee has broken the law, information must be forwarded to law enforcement officers via in person or their respective websites, however, information submitted to the Bar Ethics Review Board will trigger an internal investigation as well.

(( Complaints and commendations may be submitted entirely Out-of-Character for reasons such as roleplay quality and other OOC considerations. As an official and legal faction, we take pride in our ability to provide the community with as much immersion as we possibly can. ))

(( If you feel that a member of this faction has provided you with low quality roleplay, we'd be happy to look into it for you. Server rule violations must, however, be submitted as a player report on the Eclipse Forums for Server Staff to handle. Please ensure that any OOC complaints or commendations are submitted with OOC brackets around the title. ))
When submitting a complaint to the Bar Ethics Review Board, create the submission here using the submission form below.

Once your complaint has been submitted, you should allow the members of the Bar Ethics Review Board up to 14 days to investigate and respond back to you. Some cases may result in longer investigations, however, you will be informed if that is the case.

It's important that you read over your complaint before you submit it, as any missing or wrong information may cause your complaint to be overlooked and prematurely closed. Please note that submissions to this section of the database are hidden by default and are considered to be confidential at the time of submission, being only accessible to members of the Bar Ethics Review Board.
Title: Complaint - Subject of complaint
(e.g. 'Complaint - Attorney John Doe')
Complaint Form

San Andreas Judicial Branch
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

Bar Ethics Review Board - Complaint Form
Reporter Information
  • Name:
    Phone Number:
    Address:
Subject of Complaint
  • Name:
    Position:
    Physical description: (only if name is unknown)
Complaint Details
  • Date/time of incident:
    Location of incident:
    Detailed recollection of events:

Additional information:
Attachments of videos, photographs, or other evidence
  • Attached Evidence
    • (( Proof of RP ))
Affirmation
  • I, [ENTER NAME HERE], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means, and is submitted with proof of RP when required. ))

Signed,

Firstname Lastname

Date: 01/JAN/2022

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/LdlyeRK.png[/img]
[divbox=antiquewhite][fimg=150,150]https://i.imgur.com/P8yMubU.png[/fimg][aligntable=right,0,0,0,0,0,0][right][font=Arial]
[size=150][b]San Andreas Judicial Branch[/b][/size]
[size=95][i]"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"[/i][/size][/font]
[size=115]Bar Ethics Review Board - Complaint Form[/size][/right][/aligntable][/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Reporter Information[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Phone Number:[/b] 
[b]Address:[/b] 
[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Subject of Complaint[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Position:[/b] 
[b]Physical description:[/b] [size=85][i](only if name is unknown)[/i][/size] 

[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Complaint Details[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Date/time of incident:[/b] 
[b]Location of incident:[/b] 
[b]Detailed recollection of events:[/b] 

[b]Additional information:[/b] 

[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Attachments of videos, photographs, or other evidence[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[spoiler=Attached Evidence]

[/spoiler]
[list]
[spoiler=(( Proof of RP ))]

[/spoiler]
[/list]
[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Affirmation[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[i]I, [ENTER NAME HERE], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. [color=#0040FF][b](([/b][/color] I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means, and is submitted with proof of RP when required. [color=#0040FF][b]))[/b][/color][/i]

[b]Signed,[/b]

[font=Palatino Linotype][i]Firstname Lastname[/i][/font]

[b]Date:[/b] 01/JAN/2022
[/list]
[/divbox]
Whilst the Bar Ethics Review Board takes misconduct very seriously, we also like to hear from people when one of our Judicial Branch Staff is standing out in a positive light and going above and beyond to help those in need.

If a situation has arisen where you feel the acts or services of an employee of the Judicial Branch have resulted in accomplishments or performed duties in a manner above that are normally expected and sufficient to distinguish the individual for such an occurrence, you may submit a Commendation Form for that employee.

Whether you are a client, an employee of another government department, or just a member of the general public, you can use this form below to commend an an employee for going above and beyond, if you feel they deserve recognition for a high quality of service.

It's important that you read over your commendation before you submit it, as any missing or wrong information may cause your commendation to be overlooked. Please note that submissions to this section of the database are hidden by default and are considered to be confidential at the time of submission, being only accessible to members of the Bar Ethics Review Board.

When submitting a commendation to the Bar Ethics Review Board, create the submission here using the following submission form:
Title: Commendation - Subject of commendation
(e.g. 'Commendation - Attorney John Doe')
Commendation Form

San Andreas Judicial Branch
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

Bar Ethics Review Board - Commendation Form
Reporter Information
  • Name:
    Phone Number:
    Address:
Subject of Commendation
  • Name:
    Position:
    Physical description: (only if name is unknown)
Commendation Details
  • Date/time of incident:
    Location of incident:
    Detailed recollection of events:

Additional information:
Attachments of videos, photographs, or other evidence
  • Attached Evidence
    • (( Proof of RP ))
Affirmation
  • I, [ENTER NAME HERE], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. (( I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means, and is submitted with proof of RP when required. ))

Signed,

Firstname Lastname

Date: 01/JAN/2022

Code: Select all

[divbox=antiquewhite][fimg=150,150]https://i.imgur.com/P8yMubU.png[/fimg][aligntable=right,0,0,0,0,0,0][right][font=Arial]
[size=150][b]San Andreas Judicial Branch[/b][/size]
[size=95][i]"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"[/i][/size][/font]
[size=115]Bar Ethics Review Board - Commendation Form[/size][/right][/aligntable][/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Reporter Information[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Phone Number:[/b] 
[b]Address:[/b] 
[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Subject of Commendation[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Position:[/b] 
[b]Physical description:[/b] [size=85][i](only if name is unknown)[/i][/size] 

[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Commendation Details[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Date/time of incident:[/b] 
[b]Location of incident:[/b] 
[b]Detailed recollection of events:[/b] 

[b]Additional information:[/b] 

[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Attachments of videos, photographs, or other evidence[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[spoiler=Attached Evidence]

[/spoiler]
[list]
[spoiler=(( Proof of RP ))]

[/spoiler]
[/list]
[/list]
[/divbox]

[judicialsubtitle]Affirmation[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[i]I, [ENTER NAME HERE], affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coercion. [color=#0040FF][b](([/b][/color] I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means, and is submitted with proof of RP when required. [color=#0040FF][b]))[/b][/color][/i]

[b]Signed,[/b]

[font=Palatino Linotype][i]Firstname Lastname[/i][/font]

[b]Date:[/b] 01/JAN/2022
[/list]
[/divbox]

Return to “SAJB - Bar Ethics Review Board”