Press Release February 2022

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Kourtney LaFleur
Warden
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

DOC Awards

Press Release February 2022

Post by Kourtney LaFleur »

Opening Message
Welcome to the February 2022 Press Release! For the shortest month a lot has happened.

It has been an incredible busy month for SADOC! This month's press release is full of the highlights of the month from the yard extension to an awesome Caddy racing event.

In the first week of the month we extended the Yard and took part in an LSC racing event and things just ramped up after that. You'll read about all that, and more, below!
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month February 2022
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
The 2 most moments I will defiantly cherish during my service are when I made it up to corporal and joining the Supervisor team and the second one is when I had been appointed commanding officer of the correctional medical team

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Moving forward my next goals are to advance to higher ranks, Advance higher in divisions CIC and HR and to make the Correctional Medical team Better.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
If you are thinking about applying just go ahead and give it a try we here at the DOC are more like a family than a Department and we will always be ready to help you achieve your goals

Interview with the former Deputy Warden, Yuki Nakamura
      Ex-Deputy Warden Yuki Nakamura

• Can you offer a brief history of your time at the DOC?
        • When I first joined, it was with my sister. She was the reason I joined. After she left, I stuck around for the people and joined CMT, HR and worked my way up the ranks. I obtained the rank of supervisor and joined GFO with Wes. I soon became captain of GFO, then took over CFT and made it what it is today! I reached command, then high command and helped shaped things; divisions, the removal of departments, made connections and arranged smaller meetings. The last act as deputy warden I created was the Bailiff stuff. Its been quite a journey over the last 21 months.
      • How has life been since leaving?
        • Its been relaxing! I've been able to spend time with my children and have no need to hire a baby sitter anymore. I get to spend more time with Solomon (husband and former warden), and doing things I always wanted to do but couldn’t because of time constraints. I can now explore my interior design business or even a new career!

• What are you planning to do with your life now?
        • I just finished an application to the judicial branch. I would like to be a district attorney. I've seen first hand how some criminals are affected by the criminal justice system and I'd like to represent them, to bring more justice in the world
      • Any advice for the coworkers?
        • Its all about perseverance and loyalty. Be there for one another, even if you dislike them on a personal level. You're here to do a job- protect each other. This message is especially for the higher ups. A loyal friend and coworker here, Reina Moraine, told me once that everyone here at DOC is your responsibility when you are high command. You take deaths personally because it might be something you can have prevented. Even if you feel overbearing, don't be afraid to step in.
      • Any advice for inmates?
        • Don't be so hard on DOC officers. While some some of them can banter too much, they are there to help you, to entertain and protect you. We’re not the ones who charged you. My message is to first time criminals or those who made a mistake; Don’t give up hope. Seek help from Internal affairs, FRD, JB and the like if you feel you need help. Not all of us are against you.
      • What are your fondest memories?
        • I distinctly remember hanging out outside on the old intake road. There were no inmates, nothing to do, so myself, Victoria McJohnson, Jada Hall and a few others were doing marches and circling around each other. We played up on the ladders and stairs, just able to havee fun and socialize with less responsibility.

Another one I have involves me and Solomon. I used to have blue hair and he had pink hair, but his was slightly reddish. One of the inmates used to call us Jessie and James. Its actually how Solomon and I got so close. Solomon ended up drawing a picture of Jessie and James for me!
      • Anything you're going to miss?
        • The people. You get close to people and hearing about their personal lives every day. Leaving the people behind has been the hardest part.
      • Anyone you want to thank?
        • I would thank everyone if I could, but I really want to thank Reina, Ren, Wes who were people I really admired; Solomon and Kourtney, both were not only my partner and my close friend; they know I’d still do anything for them. You (Trixie), Katie and Steve- thank you for keeping me motivated and being there for me as well!
      Visitation
      Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
      Two civilians meeting with a felon
      Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
      There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
      • No physical contact
      • No whispering
      • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
      • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
      For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
      The Big Race
      The Big Race
      The event? Formula One race hosted by LSC.
      Our team? Uninformed!
      Our uniforms? Awesome!
      Our Spirits? High!
      Our car? GOES FAST.

While its true we were a little discombobulated, having only learned about the event the day of, once arriving at the track things settled down a little! Deputy Warden Yuki Nakamura showed up to get us all matching uniforms to make us look like inmates. We dubbed ourselves the DOC Runners!

The race was simple- ten laps around a track at Fort Zancudo against all the other departments, clubs and businesses of the city. The day started well, with Warden Lafluer as our captain. She finished fifth in the first race.

After that, everything turned to chaos. The second race ended for the DOC with a car stuck up on a railing over a barrier, totaled with its back end sticking into the road and preventing other cars from passing. It was a clear DNF for the DOC in race two.

Things never quite recovered after that, and while we were 33 points behind the champions, we did not come dead last! We tied with LSC at 29 points, beating out two other competitors!

However, there is likely a reason we at the DOC leave the high speed chases for SD and PD!
      Inmate of the Month

Tak Henkins

Tak Henkins was born in Mexico. He picked corn until one day he decided to hitch a train to Los Santos with his brother, who fell off the train. When arriving in the city, he started his career as a bus driver until he got bored and met up with a friend named Jude. He then proceeded to beat up Jude until he noticed he liked Jude's car. He decided to drive it- whether consent was given is unknown- anf skip the toll booth on the highway by driving the wrong way in the oncoming lanes. He proceeded to stunt drive in the parking lot and felony evade, ending up in the DOC on his very first day in Los Santos. He likes to eat hotdogs and beans. He enjoys playing darts, flickering light switches and not being pulled over. He dislikes cops, corn, slow cars, racist people, Adolf Hitler and the chairs in the HR office.

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate and their quotes do not represent the SADOC's views and beliefs.
      • Why do you do illegal things?
        • I didn't mean to commit the crime. We were going fast, I pulled in a spin in the parking lot, saved it, and the cop was angry so I was scared and drove off! I also kick cars of people who make me angry. On the pier they call me the kicking car bandit

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
        • I like the lightswitch and the dart board in the HR office

• What's your least favorite thing?
        • The colour of the couches in the HR office. And the jumpsuit is ‘bungus’.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
        • More light switches. One in each cell that we could flick and flick and flick.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
        • I’d add hot-wheel tracks in the cells with little loop de loops and cool cars.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
        • I miss Jude. He used to nibble on the dead skin on my toes.

• Do you plan on coming back here?
        • I plan not to but you never know the course of life. Mom used to tell me the tamale can fall upside down or sideways.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
        • Light switches are the new Justin Bieber. (He then proceeded to flick the HR office light switch 17 times)

• [bFavourite place in the city?[/b]
        • Your mom's house.
          The pier.

• Favourite drink?
        • Margarita

SADOC Revamp
      The Groundskeeping division has really outdone themselves in the last month, from finally fixing the askew light in the auditorium to realigning the obnoxious misaligned camera out front. But the biggest achievement by far has been the new yard and lounge area!

To describe the old yard in one word: Boring. The shabby greys of the walls, the arid brown sand ground and the short fence made the DOC really feel like what it is- a prison. And that is no fun for the inmates or the guards!

So our clever groundskeepers took the fence and doubled the space, adding some wonderful new features!
      Another new feature is the prisoner's lounge. With soft, comfortable couches, a pretty plant, tasteful decorations and comfortable lighting, this is an excellent place to chit-chat, take a nap or enjoy some music provided by the guards!
      Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#717 Corry Payne
      #735 Adam Norris
      #736 Marc Welberg
      #755 Gromit Samaj
      #756 Damien Winters
      #757 Timothy Creed
      #758 Logan Campbell
      #760 Issei Ryoshi
      #761 Fred Walker
      #763 Johnny Bmore
      #764 Gordon Walsh
      #765 Kris Specter

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
      #716 Amber Okami
      #743 Stefan Dobrev
      #747 John McArthur
      #748 Barry James
      #754 Trey James

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
      #727 Leonardo Latre

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
      #695 Trixie Bankshot
      #708 Mia Adams
      #710 Theodore Finch
      #729 Rod Rodriguez
      #738 Maximillian Speed

ImageCorporalImage
      #698 Sean Payne
      #676 Brayton Williams

ImageCaptainImage
      #07 Audrey Martin

ImageCommanderImage
      #05 Steve Blata
      #06 Katie Schneider
        Caddy Carnage
        In the last weekend of the Month we hosted a Caddy racing event that we dubbed "Caddy Carnage". The word carnage was only used as it sounded cool but little did we know that the event was actually going to be carnage.
        On the very first practise lap there was a horrible collision that resulted in an off duty Officer being badly burnt in a caddy explosion. Both SD and MD arrived at the scene to the sight of the horrific explosion but luckily the officer was quickly treated and the race resumed.
        Winner: John McArthur
          Phone Calls
              When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.
              Recruitment Status
              Recruitment
               ! Message from: Human Resources Command
              Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
              • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
              • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
              • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
              • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
              • Additional Requirements:
                • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
              Closing Message from the Warden
              Thank you for reading our February Press Release! As you can tell it has been a very busy month at SADOC!
              We have lots of things in the work that we'll discuss in next Month's press release. Until then, stay safe and remember to ask for a phone call when you get arrested!

Kourtney Lafleur
              Warden
              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Other Contact Information

Trixie Bankshot
              Correctional Officer III
              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”