Post by Kona Kealoha »

Los Santos Police Department

Public Inquiries
Media Relations Division

Contact Information
Your Name: Kona Kealoha
Your Phone Number: #2532097
Your Position in Your Agency: Lead Writer
Your Email Address: Auto Reply to Email ((and/or MattyPlays#7751))
Date / Time of Request ((UTC via /time)): 02/06/2022 14:00 (E.g. 16/SEP/19 13:00)
Request Information
Detailed information of your request:

Good afternoon,

My name is Kona Kealoha, lead writer with Weazel News. I am interested in doing a story on the advancements in forensics and would love to learn more about the process that detectives use when collecting evidence. Finger prints, bullet casings, etc.

I know that forensics has not always been as advanced as it is today so I'd be interested to know not only about what has changed, but also if any of the new forensic techniques to solving crimes has deterred crime rates.

What is the process for using finger prints or bullet casings, bullet holes and evidence such as this from the time it is collecting to the ending of a case?

What is the future of criminal investigation and future technology that can help to make this process more effective?

Any and as much information as you're able to provide would be a huge help to this article.

Thank you,

Kona Kealoha
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Re: [Information] Submitting Public Inquiries

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello Mr. Kealoha,

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for your inquiry.

As your questions pertain to Los Santos Police Department potential sensitive detective procedures as well as departmental goals, specifically regarding forensics, I will need to reach out to the Detective Bureau Command for further information. They will be able to help me further answer your questions, both in regards to their usage of forensic procedure now and what they see coming in the future.

Please give me up to 48 hours to collect the information necessary and get you a complete response. While ascertaining this information, feel free to let me know if there are any further questions pertaining to this topic or anything more I can help you with. Thank you for your patience in advance on this matter and I will be in touch shortly!

In the meantime please stay safe and be well!

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III Alex Schill
    Media Relations Liaison
    Community Relations Officer
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Kona Kealoha
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Kona Kealoha »

Thank you very much for your speedy response. I completely understand that some of the information requested is sensitive so I appreciate whatever they are willing to provide for the article.

Have a great day,

Kona Kealoha.
Alex Schill
Police Captain I
ECRP Forum Name: Alex Schill

LSPD Awards for Service

SASG Awards

LSSD Awards

Post by Alex Schill »

mrdlogo

Media Relations Division
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello @Kona Kealoha ,

Thank you for your patience, I hope you are doing well. I was able to speak with the Detective Bureau command staff regarding your request. While we appreciate that your article is in completely good faith, unfortunately it is still the policy of our department that we cannot publicly reveal any of our forensics techniques, policies or procedures. We can say that we do not rely on just one technique in our investigative process and utilize a range of different techniques and methods throughout the course of an investigation. The field is forever evolving and we are consistently looking at the future to be on the cutting edge of forensics and investigative techniques.

I understand that this may not give you the details that you are looking for, but we have to always balance transparency with discretion when it comes to these sensitive issues that may reveal techniques for the betterment of the department and protection of our Detectives. Thank you for your understanding and for your inquiry. I will leave this thread open for 24 hours for any follow-up questions that you may have.

Stay Safe and Be Well!

• Warmest Regards
    Police Officer III Alex Schill
    Media Relations Liaison
    Community Relations Officer
Image POLICE CAPTAIN I Alex Schill
Commanding Officer, Media Relations Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Division
Assistant Commanding Officer, Vinewood Patrol Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"
Kona Kealoha
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Kona Kealoha »

I completely understand why this would be sensitive information to share. I appreciate all you do for the community. Have a great day.

Return to “Public Inquiries - Archive”