Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Contract Authenticity Application Guidelines

Post by Judith Mason »

Introduction
The Contract Authenticity Office is a division in the San Andreas Judicial Branch that handles the authentication and enforcement of legally binding contracts. This may include, but is not limited to:
  • Private sale of assets (Residential, automotive, etc.)
  • Residential or automotive rental agreements
  • Employment agreements
  • Business agreements
This document will outline the process for how interested parties will submit contracts to the Contract Authenticity Office and what steps need to be taken in order for a proposed contract to be approved for authentication, how parties would sign the contract, and what would be required for a certificate of authenticity to be issued.

Contract Proposal
To submit a contract for authentication, please follow the guidelines outlined in this document and submit your proposed contract to the Contract Authenticity Office using the title "[Agreement Type] Partyname, Partyname". The format of this application is flexible but the document must be clearly readable and must meet the minimum requirements in order to be valid.

Please note that submissions to the Contract Authenticity Office will not be visible to the public eye so as to protect the privacy of the parties involved.

Minimum Requirements
In order for a contract to be valid, it must include the following:
  • Names of all parties involved
  • Date of arrangement
  • Things of value to be exchanged
    • Residences, automobiles, services, money, information, etc.
Signatures are not required at the time of initial submission as the next step of the process is a review of the terms found within the contract.

Optional Terms
As contracts handle a wide variety of situations, specific terms may be outlined in your contract to best fit the situation you would like to resolve. Some of these terms may include, but are not limited to:
Optional Terms
  • Contract Termination
    • Description of specifically how the contract will end.
    • (Ex. This agreement will come to an end when Party A receives the vehicle key and Party B receives the wire-transfer.)
  • Dispute Resolution
    • Description of how parties will dispute a violation of terms, should one arise.
    • (Ex. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this agreement, and the dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations between the parties, the parties agree first to try in good faith to resolve the dispute by mediation before resorting to litigation or some other dispute resolution procedure.)
  • Severability Clause
    • Clause that states if part of the agreement is found to be unenforceable, only that section will become void and the rest of the agreement will remain valid.
    • (Ex. If any part of this agreement is found to be unenforceable, the rest of this agreement will remain enforceable while section in question will become void.)
  • Acceleration Clause
    • Clause that states if one party breaches the contract, the other party can demand full payment right away instead of the proposed payment plan previously laid out in the contract.
    • (Ex. In the event of a default in payment of any of the installments or interest when due, a party of this contract may declare the entire unpaid sum immediately due and payable.)
  • Attorney Fees Provision
    • Clause that in the case of a contractual dispute, the losing side will pay the attorney fees and court costs for both sides.
    • (Ex. In any proceeding by which one party looks to enforce its rights under this agreement, the prevailing party shall be awarded its attorney fees and expenses.)
  • Indemnification
    • Clause that states parties agree to hold each other harmless and not involve them in future legal claims, should a specific set of criteria arise.
    • (Ex. "Company A agrees to hold harmless Company B against monetary damages and legal action arising out of the participation in the activities and services of Company B.")

Review Process
Once your contract has been submitted for review, a member of the court will read over the details and terms of the agreement to determine that it will be enforceable and does not violate any laws in the State of San Andreas Penal Code.

Once your application has been approved, you will be asked to visit City Hall's front desk to pay the contract filing fee. These fees are to compensate the court for its time, effort, and resources expended to approve and enforce your contract.

Proof of Payment
The $5,000 contract filing fee may be made payable to the San Andreas State Government by visiting the front desk at City Hall. Be sure to save your digitally issued receipt for proof of payment as a certificate of authenticity will not be issued without it.

If you are employed by a company with an active business agreement with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, this fee is reduced to $2,500. Be sure to save your digitally issued receipt for proof of payment and present a photocopy of your badge as a certificate of authenticity will not be issued without it.

Contract parties may choose to split the cost between themselves as outlined in the proposed contract, however, proof of payment in the form of a digital receipt that comes to $5,000 in total must be provided to move forward.

Signature Authentication
Once a contract proposal is approved and proof of payment is provided, the next step of the process is collecting signatures from all parties involved. Parties will then be invited to the Courthouse and a member of the court will confirm your identity via your government issued license or badge. The court will present the printed document, watch each party sign their name, and then sign the bottom as a witness.

If convenient or to ensure the protection of the parties involved, collection of signatures may be done at separate times as long as an authorized member of the court is available to witness the signature on the original document.

Certificate of Authenticity
After all signatures are collected, the court will issue a Certificate of Authenticity which may be used in future court proceedings for enforcement of the terms within the authenticated contract. These Certificates of Authenticity will be sent to all parties involved in the contract and will also be stored on an internal Judicial Branch private server for future reference.

Retroactive Authentication
If a contract has not been authenticated but the terms come up in court proceedings, a more rigorous authentication process must be used to retroactively authenticate the previously signed contract before terms may be enforceable. This process could include authentication by way of:
  • Testimony of a witness to the original agreement
  • Expert witness testimony examining the document itself and signatures to ensure they are original and authentic
  • Other documentation that would describe the chain of custody of the original document

Contract Pre-Approval
Enterprise-scale clients that repeatedly utilize the same contract for frequent operations, such as employment contracts or standardized business agreements, may choose to apply for pre-approval for said contracts. The main benefits for pre-approving a contract is that once a base contract gets a pre-approved status, an instance of the contract will qualify for a reduced filing fee of $2,500 and signatures for authentication can be submitted digitally to the Contract Authenticity Office rather than requiring parties to sign at the courthouse.

Digital signatures being submitted to the Contract Authenticity Office must, however, still be either:
  • Witnessed by a third party of your organization that will be required to check the identification of those signing the document
  • Documented by video recording of Party A confirming the identity of the parties then witnessing the signature of the document
Please ensure this third party has been listed as an approved representative on your Contract Pre-Approval Application. (( If submitting a video recording, please provide proof of rp for that recording device. ))

Guidelines for Pre-Approval
In order for a contract to reach pre-approved status, it must meet the following guidelines:
  • The party submitting for pre-approval must be listed as Party A
  • Party A must be consistent throughout all instances of the contract
  • The terms of the contract must not have any major changes between individual instances of the contract
  • Minor changes between instances of the contract must be clearly labeled with placeholder text.
    • Minor changes include items such as: monetary values, listed assets, percentage rates, dates/date ranges, etc.

Applying for Pre-Approval
The process to get a contract pre-approved is very similar to that of a regular contract, but must use the title [Pre-Approval] Party A - Agreement Type (ex. [Pre-Approval] Judith Mason - Purchase Agreement) and must include this submission form attached to the proposed contract:
Live Preview

San Andreas Judicial Branch
Contract Pre-Approval Submission Form
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"
Submission Information
  • Submitting Party: [Name/Business]
    Type of Contract: [Business Agreement/Loan Agreement/Purchase Agreement/etc]
    Approved Representatives of Submitting Party:
    • [Firstname Lastname] - [Email Address]
Format

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/LdlyeRK.png[/img]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[fimg=150,150]https://i.imgur.com/P8yMubU.png[/fimg]
[float=right]
[right]

[size=150][b]San Andreas Judicial Branch[/size][/b]
[size=115]Contract Pre-Approval Submission Form[/size]
[size=95][i]"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"[/i][/size]
[/right]
[/float]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Submission Information[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Submitting Party:[/b] [Name/Business]
[b]Type of Contract:[/b] [Business Agreement/Loan Agreement/Purchase Agreement/etc]
[b]Approved Representatives of Submitting Party:[/b]
[list]
[*][Firstname Lastname] - [Email Address]
[/list]
[/list]
[/divbox]

Pre-Approved Status
When your contract has been processed and the terms have been approved, you will be contacted to pay the required filing fee of $10,000 or $5,000 for employees of companies with an active business agreement with the San Andreas Judicial Branch, for pre-approval. Despite the higher initial cost as compared to a single-use contract, this fee is a one-time payment for the lifetime of the contract and each subsequent use of this contract will have a reduced filing fee after pre-approval.

Your contract will then be added to the internal Judicial Branch database and a reference number will be provided to the applicant. Please keep this reference number as it will be used when submitting an instance of the contract.

Submitting an Instance of a Pre-Approved Contract
When submitting an instance of a pre-approved contract to the Contract Authenticity Office, please ensure that all placeholder text is filled in at the time of submission, and be sure to attach signatures of all parties involved and proof of payment from a person on the list of approved representatives that was filed during the pre-approval process.

Please specify the pre-approval reference number and the involved parties in the title (ex. [21-09-30-PA-001] Judith Mason, Aurora James), making sure to also attach the following submission form with the contract:
Live Preview

Pre-Approved Contract Instance Form
Submission Information
  • Pre-Approved Contract Reference Number: [Contract Reference]
    Approved Representative Signing for Party A: [Firstname Lastname]
    Signature Witness/Video Recording: [Firstname Lastname] / [Video Recording]
    (( If Video Recording, attach Proof of RP for Recording Device: Proof of RP ))
    Proof of Payment from Approved Representative: [Attached]
Format

[divbox=antiquewhite]
[float=right]
[right]

[size=115]Pre-Approved Contract Instance Form[/size]
[/right]
[/float]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Submission Information[/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Pre-Approved Contract Reference Number:[/b] [Contract Reference]
[b]Approved Representative Signing for Party A:[/b] [Firstname Lastname]
[b]Signature Witness/Video Recording:[/b] [Firstname Lastname] / [Video Recording]
[color=#0040FF](([/color] [b]If Video Recording, attach Proof of RP for Recording Device:[/b] [url=URLHERE]Proof of RP[/url] [color=#0040FF]))[/color]
[b]Proof of Payment from Approved Representative:[/b] [Attached]
[/list]
[/divbox]

Certificate of Authenticity for Contract Instance
Once your contract instance has been received by the branch, it will be processed to ensure everything is in order and a Certificate of Authenticity will be issued to all parties listed, thus will conclude the process.

Contract Templates
Below are a few open ended contract templates that may be filled out and submitted for authentication. You may use these as a starting off point and may add additional clauses to better fit the situation you are in. When using these templates, simply enter the relevant information where the form references content [like this].

Real Estate Purchase Agreement
Live Preview

Real Estate Purchase Agreement
Party 1 - "Seller"
  • Name: [Firstname Lastname]
    Date of Birth: [01/JAN/2000]
    Mailing Address: [## Streetname]
    Contact Information: [###-####] or [Email Address]
Party 2 - "Buyer"
Real Estate and Additional Property - "Property"
  • Street Address: [## Streetname]
    Type of Real Estate: [Residential/Commercial]
    Additional Property: [Furniture/Safes/Lockers]
Terms of Agreement - "Agreement"
I. PROPERTY INSPECTION
  • Before payment is made, the Buyer may request to inspect the Property to examine any furniture and fittings present within, and to ensure that any amenities promised by the Seller are present in the Property. The Seller will comply with this request, and make reasonable efforts to accommodate the Buyer in scheduling the inspection.

During the inspection, any notable furniture or fittings (such as safes, lockers, and so on) will be written down and marked as Additional Property in the section above. Once the inspection is completed, the Seller may not remove, or otherwise make any modifications to the Property without the express written consent of the Buyer.

The Buyer may waive their right to perform a House Inspection by giving notice as such to the Seller, but they acknowledge that in doing so the Seller is not bound by the previous paragraphs in this section, and may make any modifications to the Property up until the point of sale.

II. PAYMENT PLAN
  • The Buyer will pay the Seller [Amount] at the time of purchase, followed by [daily/weekly/monthly] payments of [Amount], which will occur every [hour/day of the week/day of the month] for a total price of [Amount].

Missing a payment will result in notice being issued to the Buyer by the Seller of their non-payment, and it is the duty of the Buyer to pay the Seller the amount due before the time of the second payment. A second consecutive non-payment will result in the Buyer being declared in Default, as outlined in Section IV.

III. DEFAULT
  • If during the course of this contract, the Buyer has at least two outstanding missing payments, they will be found in Default. If the Buyer is found to be in Default, the Seller has the right to seize the Property, along with any Collateral that may be required to either cover any Damages caused by the Buyer to the Property while it was under their possession, or to make up the remainder of the lost payments.

So long as the Buyer is in Default, the Seller retains this right. The Buyer will no longer be in Default when they are able to reduce their number of outstanding missing payments to one or less.

IV. COLLATERAL
  • The Buyer will be putting up the following as Collateral, being made fully aware of the consequences of being found in Default:
    • [Assets used as Collateral]

V. SALES TAX
  • In the State of San Andreas, failure to pay sales tax is a misdemeanor crime. The Seller will have the sole responsibility, upon receiving payments from the Buyer, to document both the receipt of the payments as well as their payment of the sales tax at City Hall.

VI. PROPERTY DEED
  • The Seller shall transfer the Property Deed to the Buyer at the moment of the initial payment.

VII. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
  • If any part of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the rest of this Agreement will remain enforceable while section in question will become void.

VIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE
  • If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, and the dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations between the Parties, the Parties agree first to try in good faith to resolve the dispute via mediation before resorting to either arbitration or litigation.

IX. JURISDICTION
  • This contract was drafted following the Penal Code and guidelines of the State of San Andreas, whose courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes that may arise, subject to the Dispute Resolution Clause of this contract.

X. TERMINATION
  • Before the initial payment is made, this contract may be terminated unilaterally by either Party at any point. After the initial payment is made, this contract may only be terminated by the written consent of both Parties. This contract will also terminate upon the final payment by the Buyer to the Seller.
Format

[divbox=antiquewhite]
[float=right]
[right]

[size=115]Real Estate Purchase Agreement[/size]
[/right]
[/float]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Party 1 - [i]"Seller"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Name:[/b] [Firstname Lastname]
[b]Date of Birth:[/b] [01/JAN/2000]
[b]Mailing Address:[/b] [## Streetname]
[b]Contact Information:[/b] [###-####] or [Email Address]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Party 2 - [i]"Buyer"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Real Estate and Additional Property - [i]"Property"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]Street Address:[/b] [## Streetname]
[b]Type of Real Estate:[/b] [Residential/Commercial]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Additional Property:[/b] [Furniture/Safes/Lockers]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Terms of Agreement - [i]"Agreement"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[b]I. PROPERTY INSPECTION[/b]
[list=none]Before payment is made, the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] may request to inspect the [b][i]Property[/i][/b] to examine any furniture and fittings present within, and to ensure that any amenities promised by the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] are present in the [b][i]Property[/i][/b]. The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] will comply with this request, and make reasonable efforts to accommodate the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] in scheduling the inspection. 

During the inspection, any notable furniture or fittings (such as safes, lockers, and so on) will be written down and marked as [b]Additional Property[/b] in the section above. Once the inspection is completed, the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] may not remove, or otherwise make any modifications to the [b][i]Property[/i][/b] without the express written consent of the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b]. 

The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] may waive their right to perform a [b]House Inspection[/b] by giving notice as such to the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b], but they acknowledge that in doing so the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] is not bound by the previous paragraphs in this section, and may make any modifications to the [b][i]Property[/i][/b] up until the point of sale.[/list]

[b]II. PAYMENT PLAN[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will pay the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] [Amount] at the time of purchase, followed by [daily/weekly/monthly] payments of [Amount], which will occur every [hour/day of the week/day of the month] for a total price of [Amount].

Missing a payment will result in notice being issued to the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] by the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] of their non-payment, and it is the duty of the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to pay the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] the amount due before the time of the second payment. A second consecutive non-payment will result in the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] being declared in [b]Default[/b], as outlined in [b]Section IV[/b].[/list]

[b]III. DEFAULT[/b]
[list=none]If during the course of this contract, the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] has at least two outstanding missing payments, they will be found in [b]Default[/b]. If the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] is found to be in [b]Default[/b], the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] has the right to seize the [b][i]Property[/i][/b], along with any [b]Collateral[/b] that may be required to either cover any [b]Damages[/b] caused by the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to the [b][i]Property[/i][/b] while it was under their possession, or to make up the remainder of the lost payments.

So long as the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] is in [b]Default[/b], the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] retains this right. The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will no longer be in [b]Default[/b] when they are able to reduce their number of outstanding missing payments to one or less.[/list]

[b]IV. COLLATERAL[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will be putting up the following as [b]Collateral[/b], being made fully aware of the consequences of being found in [b]Default[/b]:
[list][*][Assets used as Collateral][/list][/list]

[b]V. SALES TAX[/b]
[list=none]In the State of San Andreas, failure to pay sales tax is a misdemeanor crime. The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] will have the sole responsibility, upon receiving payments from the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b], to document both the receipt of the payments as well as their payment of the sales tax at City Hall.[/list]

[b]VI. PROPERTY DEED[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] shall transfer the [b]Property Deed[/b] to the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] at the moment of the initial payment.[/list]

[b]VII. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE[/b]
[list=none]If any part of this [b]Agreement[/b] is found to be unenforceable, the rest of this [b]Agreement[/b] will remain enforceable while section in question will become void.[/list]

[b]VIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE[/b]
[list=none]If a dispute arises out of or relates to this [b]Agreement[/b], and the dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations between the [b]Parties[/b], the [b]Parties[/b] agree first to try in good faith to resolve the dispute via mediation before resorting to either arbitration or litigation.[/list]

[b]IX. JURISDICTION[/b]
[list=none]This contract was drafted following the Penal Code and guidelines of the State of San Andreas, whose courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes that may arise, subject to the [b]Dispute Resolution Clause[/b] of this contract.[/list]

[b]X. TERMINATION[/b]
[list=none]Before the initial payment is made, this contract may be terminated unilaterally by [b]either Party[/b] at any point. After the initial payment is made, this contract may only be terminated by the written consent of [b]both Parties[/b]. This contract will also terminate upon the final payment by the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b].[/list]
[/divbox]
Vehicle Purchase Agreement
Live Preview

Vehicle Purchase Agreement
Party 1 - "Seller"
Party 2 - "Buyer"
Asset - "Vehicle"
  • License Plate: [License Plate]
    Make/Model: [Make/Model]
    Color: [Color]
Terms of Agreement - "Agreement"
I. VEHICLE INSPECTION
  • Before payment is made, the Buyer may request to inspect the Vehicle to examine any existing damage, and to review any modifications that are installed on the Vehicle. The Seller will comply with this request, and make reasonable efforts to accommodate the Buyer in scheduling the inspection.

The Buyer may waive their right to perform a Vehicle Inspection by giving notice as such to the Seller, but they acknowledge that in doing so the Seller is not bound by the previous paragraphs in this section, and may make any modifications to the Vehicle up until the point of sale.

II. PAYMENT PLAN
  • The Buyer will pay the Seller [Amount] at the time of purchase, followed by [daily/weekly/monthly] payments of [Amount], which will occur every [hour/day of the week/day of the month] for a total price of [Amount].

Missing a payment will result in notice being issued to the Buyer by the Seller of their non-payment, and it is the duty of the Buyer to pay the Seller the amount due before the time of the second payment. A second consecutive non-payment will result in the Buyer being declared in Default, as outlined in Section IV.

III. DEFAULT
  • If during the course of this contract, the Buyer has at least two outstanding missing payments, they will be found in Default. If the Buyer is found to be in Default, the Seller has the right to seize the Vehicle, along with any Collateral that may be required to either cover any Damages caused by the Buyer to the Vehicle while it was under their possession, or to make up the remainder of the lost payments.

So long as the Buyer is in Default, the Seller retains this right. The Buyer will no longer be in Default when they are able to reduce their number of outstanding missing payments to one or less.

IV. COLLATERAL
  • The Buyer will be putting up the following as Collateral, being made fully aware of the consequences of being found in Default:
    • [Assets used as Collateral]

V. SALES TAX
  • In the State of San Andreas, failure to pay sales tax is a misdemeanor crime. The Seller will have the sole responsibility, upon receiving payments from the Buyer, to document both the receipt of the payments as well as their payment of the sales tax at City Hall.

VI. VEHICLE TITLE
  • The Seller shall transfer the Vehicle Title to the Buyer at the moment of the initial payment.

VII. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
  • If any part of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the rest of this Agreement will remain enforceable while section in question will become void.

VIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE
  • If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, and the dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations between the Parties, the Parties agree first to try in good faith to resolve the dispute via mediation before resorting to either arbitration or litigation.

IX. JURISDICTION
  • This contract was drafted following the Penal Code and guidelines of the State of San Andreas, whose courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes that may arise, subject to the Dispute Resolution Clause of this contract.

X. TERMINATION
  • Before the initial payment is made, this contract may be terminated unilaterally by either Party at any point. After the initial payment is made, this contract may only be terminated by the written consent of both Parties. This contract will also terminate upon the final payment by the Buyer to the Seller.
Format

[divbox=antiquewhite]
[float=right]
[right]

[size=115]Vehicle Purchase Agreement[/size]
[/right]
[/float]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Party 1 - [i]"Seller"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Party 2 - [i]"Buyer"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Asset - [i]"Vehicle"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[list=none]
[b]License Plate:[/b] [License Plate]
[b]Make/Model:[/b] [Make/Model]
[b]Color:[/b] [Color]
[/divbox]
[judicialsubtitle]Terms of Agreement - [i]"Agreement"[/i][/judicialsubtitle]
[divbox=antiquewhite]
[b]I. VEHICLE INSPECTION[/b]
[list=none]Before payment is made, the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] may request to inspect the [b][i]Vehicle[/i][/b] to examine any existing damage, and to review any modifications that are installed on the [b][i]Vehicle[/i][/b]. The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] will comply with this request, and make reasonable efforts to accommodate the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] in scheduling the inspection. 

The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] may waive their right to perform a [b]Vehicle Inspection[/b] by giving notice as such to the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b], but they acknowledge that in doing so the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] is not bound by the previous paragraphs in this section, and may make any modifications to the [b][i]Vehicle[/i][/b] up until the point of sale.[/list]

[b]II. PAYMENT PLAN[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will pay the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] [Amount] at the time of purchase, followed by [daily/weekly/monthly] payments of [Amount], which will occur every [hour/day of the week/day of the month] for a total price of [Amount].

Missing a payment will result in notice being issued to the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] by the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] of their non-payment, and it is the duty of the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to pay the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] the amount due before the time of the second payment. A second consecutive non-payment will result in the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] being declared in [b]Default[/b], as outlined in [b]Section IV[/b].[/list]

[b]III. DEFAULT[/b]
[list=none]If during the course of this contract, the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] has at least two outstanding missing payments, they will be found in [b]Default[/b]. If the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] is found to be in [b]Default[/b], the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] has the right to seize the [b][i]Vehicle[/i][/b], along with any [b]Collateral[/b] that may be required to either cover any [b]Damages[/b] caused by the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to the [b][i]Vehicle[/i][/b] while it was under their possession, or to make up the remainder of the lost payments.

So long as the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] is in [b]Default[/b], the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] retains this right. The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will no longer be in [b]Default[/b] when they are able to reduce their number of outstanding missing payments to one or less.[/list]

[b]IV. COLLATERAL[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] will be putting up the following as [b]Collateral[/b], being made fully aware of the consequences of being found in [b]Default[/b]:
[list][*][Assets used as Collateral][/list][/list]

[b]V. SALES TAX[/b]
[list=none]In the State of San Andreas, failure to pay sales tax is a misdemeanor crime. The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] will have the sole responsibility, upon receiving payments from the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b], to document both the receipt of the payments as well as their payment of the sales tax at City Hall.[/list]

[b]VI. VEHICLE TITLE[/b]
[list=none]The [b][i]Seller[/i][/b] shall transfer the [b]Vehicle Title[/b] to the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] at the moment of the initial payment.[/list]

[b]VII. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE[/b]
[list=none]If any part of this [b]Agreement[/b] is found to be unenforceable, the rest of this [b]Agreement[/b] will remain enforceable while section in question will become void.[/list]

[b]VIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE[/b]
[list=none]If a dispute arises out of or relates to this [b]Agreement[/b], and the dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations between the [b]Parties[/b], the [b]Parties[/b] agree first to try in good faith to resolve the dispute via mediation before resorting to either arbitration or litigation.[/list]

[b]IX. JURISDICTION[/b]
[list=none]This contract was drafted following the Penal Code and guidelines of the State of San Andreas, whose courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes that may arise, subject to the [b]Dispute Resolution Clause[/b] of this contract.[/list]

[b]X. TERMINATION[/b]
[list=none]Before the initial payment is made, this contract may be terminated unilaterally by [b]either Party[/b] at any point. After the initial payment is made, this contract may only be terminated by the written consent of [b]both Parties[/b]. This contract will also terminate upon the final payment by the [b][i]Buyer[/i][/b] to the [b][i]Seller[/i][/b].[/list]
[/divbox]

Last edited by Judith Mason on Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “SAJB - Contract Authenticity Requests”