Press Release August 2021

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release August 2021

Post by Solomon Cobb »

Opening Message
Howdy all! Welcome to the August 2021 San Andreas Department of Corrections Press Release. This month there is a lot to talk about randing from small staff events like ride your bike to work day, as well as a fire in our kitchen! Assistant Warden McLoughlin has wrote a small piece on cellblock lockdowns and why they happen and what's the best thing for you as an inmate to do in the event of one (Spoilers: just comply). We also had a High Command promotion for our new Commander of Human Resources, Kourtney Lafleur which we will be highlighting an interview with our usual Employee of the Month and Inmate of the Month interviews.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month August 2021
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I have received a Notice of Commendation from Commander Kourtney for leading and handling a situation where two PD Officers were injured in the cell block. I conducted training at FSQ I consider that as my big achievement I overcame fear and conducted my forest ever training with so many CO's and COT's. Later got appreciated by Commanders and Lieutenant. I have climbed up to the SCO rank which is a big thing for me and would be climbing more ranks and I have received the employee of the month award.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Moving forward I have so many goals within the SADOC where I want to be a supervisor and lead the CO's and COT's in a professional and non-corrupt manner and teach them if they had any doubts about anything and conduct as much as training so that it can help them and I would be working hard towards my division Reformation and Reintegration to make the division in the best structure and would make the division it the best and hardworking division in SADOC by recruiting CO II+ and only the officer's who are calm, who is good with communicating to inmate's and committed to paperwork.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
I would advise him saying that SADOC is the best department we have so many division's and I would even explain to him about my division and the pro's and con's of being a SADOC officer and especially work for the future of San Andreas and SADOC by locking up inmate's and by making them analyze the mistake's they had made

Visitation
Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
Two Irish meeting with a Chinese
Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
  • No physical contact
  • No whispering
  • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
  • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
Internal Event: Ride your Bike to Work Day!
    On the 6th of August, the employees of the DOC came together for Ride your Bike to Work Day, an initiative founded in the goal of getting people more active and healthier every day, and transitioning people gently into a more sustainable lifestyle. We asked our employees to come to work riding their bikes, and the turnover was fantastic.
    So many people were invested in taking care of themselves and taking care of the planet. At the end of the afternoon, we took a bike ride around the Alamo Sea, enjoying a moment together off duty and getting to know the local fauna.
    It was a successful day, and the SADOC are excited to bring in more activities to promote sustainable and healthy lifestyles.
    Department Spotlight

Human Resources

Commander Kourtney
      of Human Resources
      Human Resources is the first department that budding applicants of the SADOC meet so they need to leave a good impression. Besides Internal Affairs, Human Resources is the most exclusive club inside of the SADOC where it doesn't usually allow more than 8 members.
      Their duties involve a lot of paperwork, recruitment, running academies and a lot of training (Did I mention all the paperwork?).
      Members of SADOC Human Resources have hired a total of 103 people in the last 6 months and a total of over 600 members have joined SADOC since opening in late 2018.
      The Human Resources department is one that goes through constant iterations and updates in attempts to streamline all of it's processes. It recently went through a complete Academy Revamp and is looking to start regular check-ins with all employees to ensure that morale and feedback is all tracked to make SADOC a better place.
      Here are a few quotes from members of Human Resources:
      Commander Lafleur wrote: Like I initially joined Human Resources to help with like some of the training and then realised that paperwork makes it less likely for me to have to shoot someone so I stuck with it.
      Sergeant Martian wrote:I joined Human Resources during the time where all of its members decided to quit one after another. I joined HR during this time because HR was in a really bad state and wanted to help relieve stress that Kourtney and Nathaniel were having due to the whole department being up to them. After joining I began to enjoy everything it had to offer interviews, and Physical Test are just some. All in all the department is in great shape with plenty of members all doing a great job!

Inmate of the Month

Rex Djarin

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate.
      • Why do you do illegal things?
        • Because the young generation has put so much pressure onto us and Doug is like my pimp and if I don't do illegal stuff then he REDACTED me.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
        • I like that stamps get changed into money.

• What's your least favorite thing?
        • Pablo Enames. He's gay. He was chasing me and tried to kiss me.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
        • To change Pablo Enames, get rid of him.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
        • I would enforce a new system where there are no REDACTED or REDACTED. I would also fire Pablo Enames.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
        • I miss Donte. I miss how he ate protein bars in front of me and let me nibble on the crumbs.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
        • Bceause I am a creative genius and people are jealous especially PD and SD. I am a genius at creativity.

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
        • REDACTED is a REDACTED and Brayton Williams is a NARC.

Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#584 Pablo Enames
      #579 Storm Wallace
      #681 Roberto Alpachino
      #682 Logan Nathan
      #683 Johny Jimenez
      #688 Alex Archer
      #690 Regan King
      #692 Franz Stroheim
      #694 Matt Tomko
      #695 Trixie Bankshot
      #696 Ryan Andrews

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
      #504 Hunter Stile
      #533 Audrey Hartwell
      #684 Luka Decker
      #689 Trevor Zelias
      #691 Nova Rivera
      #693 Mike Patrick

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
      #597 Faith Salvatore
      #667 Lucas Laney
      #671 Kiril Komorow
      #676 Brayton Williams
      #678 Gareth Delacroix

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
      #629 Caroline Mathew
      #637 Sue Hall
      #656 Lee Wellerman
      #663 Audrey Martin
      #664 Louise Hoffman
      #660 Sarah Williams

ImageCorporalImage
      #645 Steve Blata
      #646 Katie Schneider

ImageSergeantImage
      #619 Taishawn Martin

ImageCommanderImage
      #05 Kourtney Lafleur
        Phone Calls
            When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.

The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

We're not the LSPD or LSSD, we're not detaining/arresting you, and therefore phone calls within the prison are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.

Cellblock lockdowns and why we do them
            More and more days the SADOC seems to require lockdowns of the cellblock. A lot of questions get asked regarding these lockdowns by the inmates who are never thrilled to get locked up. Whilst we do fully understand their frustrations and wish we did not have to initiate a lockdown, I will explain why we do them.
            • Lockdown reasons
              • Riots
              • Hostage situation
              • Weapons inside the block
              • Injured guards & inmates
              • General unrest
              A lockdown is a simple but effective method for SADOC personnel to reestablish order when it seems to be slipping from our grasp. A cellblock where we as the CO's do not have total control is a nightmare scenario for the inmates as well, as inmate violence will be out of control. It is just as much for your safety as our own to initiate a lockdown.

• Why do the guards get so hostile during a lockdown?

Simple, we usually have very little time because of an ongoing situation somewhere else or just a lot of new inmates are en route to the prison. It is also a matter of showing force and dominance towards the inmates. At all times should DOC personnel be seen as the ones who rule the cellblock, sometimes a bit of force from our end is needed but that is because inmates are refusing to follow our orders.

• Are the batons & firearms needed?

At times yes! Sometimes the inmate vs guard count can be quite daunting for us and we need to have our weapons out as a show of force or if an inmate tries to jump a correctional officer we need to be able to react instantly.

• Why lock us all up and not the perpetrators?

Because sometimes incidents keep stacking up in rapid succession and it is more beneficial to punish the group as a whole instead of dealing with little isolated incidents in rapid succession. It is easier for us as well to do one big sweep of the cellblock instead of having to dedicate 5/10 minutes for little incidents, especially when the 10-15's keep coming to the prison.

• What is the best thing to do during a lockdown?

Just cooperate and return to your cell. The quicker we get this lockdown going and deal with whatever situation is at hand the quicker the inmates will be released.
            Hell's Kitchen DOC
            The final four contestants prepare a specialty lunch for some surprise guests Chef Cobb has invited to Hell's Kitchen. When the doors open, 5 very hungry, very picky, and very angry inmates through the door! The inmates choose the best dish and send the winner on a $10,000 shopping spree for kitchen utensils when they leave the prison. The remaining chefs are forced to stay behind and clean up after the luncheon. During dinner service tempers flare and tension is high, and one contestant gets careless and slips some hot sauce into one of the dishes, which sends Chef Cobb over the edge.

Red team: Elijah Blackstone and Drake Hunter were the victors.
              Things got HOT at the DOC!

Thursday 5th of August a fire broke out at the DOC. Luckily, nobody was hurt. FD was quick to respond to our emergency call and our very own Kourtney Lafleur, FD, was quickly able to control the fire and put it out. After a primary investigation, a cigarette seemed to have set ablaze some towels inside the DOC kitchen, and it quickly engulfed the entire room. Talk about "Hell's" Kitchen!

The Groundskeeping Division did an amazing job in restoring the kitchen to its former glory and is open again for the inmates.
              Recruitment Status
              Recruitment
               ! Message from: Human Resources Command
              Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
                • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
              • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
                • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
              • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
              • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
              • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
                • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
              • Additional Requirements:
                • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
                • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
                • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
                • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
              Commander Kourtney with a K!

This month we had a very big promotion within our ranks. Kourtney Lafleur went from Captain to Commander! In honor of this huge promotion, we sat down with Kourtney and asked her a few questions about her career at the DOC.

How did you feel when you got the promotion?
              "Like uhhh, like it was good. Like I wasn't captain for too long so it was a surprise when it happened. Like it has like a lot more responsibility with it and like the pay isn't any better."
              How long have you been at the DOC?
              "Like 10 months and 19 days."
              What has been your most memorable moment up till now?
              Like hmmm, like probably not get fired in my first week. I like started off pretty bad and got like suspended on my first day, but like that spooked me like enough to turn myself in the right direction, quickly do better. Like I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for like that super close call like so early."
              Do you mind sharing what you did to get suspended on your first day?
              Like oh, I took a selfie in the cellblock with an injured inmate then posted it on LifeInvader."
              Do you feel you have experienced any positive or negative growth as a person, since joining the DOC?
              "Like mostly positive I think. Back when I started I was like a paccifish (pacifist) and like didn't walk around with a tazer or anything but like I realized that I can't do the job like that. A lot of people got hurt like even died because like I was too afraid to hurt people. So I had to like change to know that sometimes you gotta hurt others to help people."
              Do you have any advice for people joining the DOC?
              Like to take it easy. The job is like only stressful if you make it stressful. A lot of people work too hard and view it as a job when it doesn't need to be. I just like to come here to hang out and luckily get paid for it."
              Now that you have reached the rank of Commander, do you plan on bringing anything new to the DOC?
              "Like personally I'm just trying to upgrade all the current HR [Human Resources] stuff. It has like a lot of revamping needed because all the stuff we use is super duper old. Also like trying to ensure that we only serve vegan food to the officers and inmates.
              Closing Message from the Warden
              And that ends our August Press release, it's been a hot month for the DOC with all the outside events, the fire and inmates being hot-headed. Nothing our amazing correctional officers cannot handle! As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here, or just send an email to the entire public relations division.

Solomon Cobb
              Warden
              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
              [email protected]

Other Contact Information

Louise Hoffman
              Senior Correctional Officer, Head of Public Relations
              San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
              [email protected]

Kourtney Lafleur