Press Release July 2021

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release July 2021

Post by Solomon Cobb »

Opening Message
Welcome to the July 2021 edition of the San Andreas Department of Corrections Public Relations Division press release (try saying that drunk). In this edition, we will be covering some of the local businesses that we support, as well as some inmate activities; this month we are highlighting a karaoke session that happened in the cellblock to boost the dull mood in the cellblock.

There have also been several notable promotions including one new Corporal, one new Sergeant, a new 2nd Lieutenant, and a new Commander. Be sure to read the inmate interview of the month with misfit#3 Michael Sicario.
Employee of the Month
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this month's best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month July 2021
Questions for the Employee of the Month
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below are a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My greatest success has been to support many trainees on their way and to see how good they have become and of course to be an employee of the month now, which means a lot to me.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
My biggest goal is to be a supervisor and to help even more officers on their way.

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
You should apply! It was and is my very first government job in the city and I just love working for DOC. If you like teamwork and professional work conditions do not hesitate.
Words from Colleagues about the EOTM
Kourtney Lafleur wrote: Like Katie has done fantastic work in HR and for GFO. She is very approachable and all the inmates love her. She has just reached the rank of Senior Correctional Officer and I hope the rank of Supervisor is right around the corner.
Wes McLoughlin wrote: She is very good with the inmates, very social, keeps them entertained, and brings the overall hostility down when she is present. She has a calming effect on the most violent of inmates.
Warden Solomon Cobb wrote: Katie is one of our top officers and it was no competition that she is this month's employee of the month. She really puts in the work and she will definitely go places within our department.
Groundskeeping Field Trip
    Groundskeeping Field Trip
    This month the Groundskeepers at SADOC took a field trip although there was no field involved. Instead, they were taken to a top-secret location and forced to clean. Sometimes modern problems require modern solutions.
    It has been a very long time since the facility was cleaned. The toilet was blocked, there was dust everywhere as well as random pools of blood. The Groundskeeping team worked tirelessly to clean up the facility.
    Jumper at DOC
    At around 21:00 on Wednesday the 21st July, a man managed to climb onto the roof of the front desk of SADOC, It took some time to realize that he was up there although he was constantly shouting. The man was enraged that his friend had been locked inside of SADOC.
    Initially, members of SADOC began to negotiate with the man to try and get him down but the man was having none of it.
    The Fire Department was called to bring a ladder to try and assist the man down but when they arrived, the man was adamant that he would throw himself off if anyone approached.
    Although he was promised that he would visit his friend, he decided to stay on the roof. An onlooker was shooting that the man should jump from the roof and do a flip. We obviously did not want this to happen.
    Eventually, after much discussion, the man threw himself off the roof and landed in a bush, miraculously receiving no injuries. A few minutes later, he took the hand of the man that told him to jump and they sped off into the sunset.
    They have not been spotted since. We wish them luck with their relationship.
    Local Businesses
    The San Andreas Department of Corrections is happy to support local businesses where possible, this week we had Bobby Champ from the company Bob's Taxis drop by Bolingbroke penitentiary offering lifts to those stranded after serving a lengthy prison sentence. We exchanged details and informed him that we will assist in any way he needs to ensure his business is successful in this age of monopolies controlling the main services here in Los Santos.
    Mr. Champ said his pricing structure allows for $1,000 trips between the city and Paleto Bay which is very competitive and affordable for inmates recently being released from prison.
    We wish Mr. Champ the best in his business venture and look forward to some friendly competition between them and DCC.
    Speaking of small businesses, some of our officers, Assistant Warden Wes McLoughlin & Louise Hoffman are also in the process of setting up their own property business for selling, renovating, managing, and buying properties. Prestige Property Management is focusing on buying and selling properties and renovating them and offering multiple affordable options for people such as rent-to-own.
    They have affordable options as well as luxury properties with different payment plans available for people in any financial situation, and will also have a team of lawyers with valid contracts for secure transactions.

This is just a small look into what side-work our officers get up to on-duty and the kind of relationships that form beyond the regular working relationships. It's not uncommon for officers to go into business together and use the funds they've acquired from working here for useful investments.
    Karaoke Night
    We like to do weekly recreational events for the inmates and a recent one we are highlighting is Karaoke Night in the rec room. In the below video you can see Officer Logan Nathan and Inmate Alberto Panchino doing a beautiful duet together.
    SADOC & Judicial Branch
    Yesterday we had the lovely fellows from the San Andreas State Government Judicial Branch come by Bolingbroke Penitentiary for a tour and hash out some of the technicalities for new procedures to be set in place for attorneys visiting incarcerated clients. It was a great experience getting some face time with the attorneys of the city as we strongly believe a close working relationship between the Department of Corrections and the Judicial Branch will benefit not only both departments but also the inmates we strive to serve here at the prison.

If you are a recently incarcerated inmate at our 5-star facility and disagree with the charges placed on you by LSPD and LSSD, you can talk to one of our officers who will try and get you in contact with a state attorney to discuss what options you have!
    Visitation
    Has your wife, brother, husband, sister, mother, uncle, friend, or enemy ever been arrested and brought to SADOC? Well, you can visit them!
    Weazel News interviewing an inmate
    Visitation at DOC is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays!
    There is a requirement for at least two Correctional Officers to be free to assist in visitation so if some aren't immediately available then feel free to come back later.

The visitation rules are as follows:
    • No physical contact
    • No whispering
    • No passing of items. Items that wish to be exchanged will be checked beforehand for contraband.
    • Maximum time is 1 hour ((15 minutes OOCLY))
    For those that like to exploit visitation, we have a blacklist in place that restricts certain individuals, such as our MSIs, from being able to be visited or visit. Visitation is a benefit and can be declined for any number of reasons.
    Phone Calls
      When an inmate arrives with a brand new iFruit 69 they will have it quickly confiscated from them. However, if they wish to retain their phone till they enter the cellblock to make a phone call then they can request it.
      The 10-15 can use the phone call for any number of reasons such as letting their mom know they're going to be in prison for a few years, telling their significant other to come to visit them, or getting a friend to feed their pet while they're incarcerated.

Phone calls are a privilege, not a right. Any Correctional Officer has the right to decline you for a phone call for any reason they see fit.

((Using phones inside of SADOC as an inmate is considered bug abuse even if you roleplay sneaking it in. If you wish to use your phone, ask IC))

Inmate of the Month

Michael Sicario

• Note: In the interest of transparency, and being able to allow inmates to represent themselves this interview is direct quotes from the interviewed inmate.
      • Why do you do illegal things?

• Doug already said it. I am in a well-known gang called the Misfits with Doug and others. We enjoy the thing of felony evading. The thrill gets my blood pumping.

• What's your favorite thing about DOC?
        • I must say I have a few favorite guards. Kourtney, Cobb, and Wes. Sometimes it's just to hit the mines, sometimes prison makes money. I go to the mines as it's my best way of making money. It's one of the reasons I come in sometimes.
      • You come into prison to make money?
        • No. It's a bonus like we come in because we do quote-on-quote smart things.

• What's your least favorite thing?
        • At the moment it's some of the guard's names like Urban. Who sits down and gives birth to a child and calls it Urban? Makes me think of Urban dictionary. Oh and Katie Sneeze.

• If you could change one thing about DOC, what would it be?
        • Definitely the jumpsuits. I've been in these jumpsuits so many times. For 100 months, days, years, blood sweat, and tears, all the inmates fight in them.
          Get them changed to pink, change up the style, maybe even have the words Bolingbroke on them.
          Just something to change them a bit would be a delight to my eyes.

• What would you do if you were Warden for a day?
        • I would up at 6 am in your house, I would wash my face get something to eat, comb my luxurious pink hair. I would find every in and out. I would make a secret hatch and have a long corridor. I would kiss Wes on the forehead to make sure he's safe then go to sleep and have a brilliant life.

• Is there someone or something you miss while being in jail?
        • I see Doug's cheeks outside of jail (Michael later rated them 10/10). I do miss sometimes just being with SD and annoying them. Everything is chill in here, I don't mind the freedom to run around and punch people.

• Why do you think you're in here so often?
        • We as the Misfits make smart and brilliant ideas. We robbed a store, a brilliant store to rob, it's out the way. We mess around, okay?
          In my Exemplar, I'm vroooming. I go through some tunnels, do the old 1:2 with a 180 turn to U-turn, go through cruisers, take a left and go up. Sometimes when I make a left, I stall and I crash. I get tased on the floor.
      • So poor decision making?
        • "Good decision making"

• Is there anything you'd like to tell people?
        • HELP ME
          HELP ME HELP YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
          Remember me, remember you and come to jail
          I want more friends in jail to rob stores together, it's romantic.

God bless you, God bless America, God bless Solomon Cobb who protects the prison

Notable Promotions

ImageCorrectional Officer IImage

#504 Hunter Stile
      #673 Jacob West
      #676 Brayton Williams
      #677 Nathan Moxley
      #678 Gareth Delacroix
      #679 Matt Foreskin
      #680 Gunkle Gester
      #684 Luka Decker
      #686 Benjamin Admas
      #689 Trevor Zelias

ImageCorrectional Officer IIImage
      #569 Loukianos Galanis
      #597 Faith Salvatore
      #629 Caroline Mathew
      #658 Billy Gross
      #662 Matthew Henderson
      #666 Lucifero Whitlock
      #667 Lucas Laney
      #668 Afshin Shakiba
      #671 Kiril Komorow
      #674 Romain Schneider
      #677 Nathan Moxley
      #685 Jae Nakamura

ImageCorrectional Officer IIIImage
      #581 Adam Fax
      #629 Caroline Mathew
      #637 Sue Hall
      #647 Urban Madine
      #656 Lee Wellerman
      #659 Tricia Price
      #660 Sarah Williams
      #663 Audrey Martin
      #664 Louise Hoffman

ImageSenior Correctional OfficerImage
      #645 Steve Blata
      #646 Katie Schneider

ImageCorporalImage
      #619 Taishawn Martin

ImageSergeantImage
      #614 Teddy Kaiser

ImageSecond LieutenantImage
      #474 Rashard Taylor

ImageCommanderImage
      #06 Yuki Nakamura
      Command Promotions
      This month we have had 2 promotions that are very notable, Rashard Taylor, Sergeant of General Field Operations has been promoted from supervisor to command and is the new Second Lieutenant of GFO. With this promotion Captain Yuki Nakamura has also been promoted to be the Commander of GFO. Both officers have put in a lot of work into their respective departments and very much deserve these promotions.
      Second Lieutenant Rashard Taylor
      Rashard Taylor wrote:When I first came into the city nearly a year ago I did not have any clue of what career path I wanted to do. The first job I got in Los Santos was here at the DOC and I've been climbing the ranks ever since its truly a great place to work and I cant wait to make it even better as a member of command. I am thrilled to make long-lasting changes and I plan on making the general operations of our prison more efficient by ensuring better training for our officers.

Commander Yuki Nakamura
      Yuki Nakamura wrote:I would love to start off by saying thank you to the Warden team for their support and guidance; trusting me to lead the GFO department. As Commander, I hope to push for more interaction between inmates and officers, performing more activities to reduce the amount of violence. Also, my biggest goal is to build on my officer's experience and make sure they get every opportunity while working here. Thank you all once again, I hope to make DOC proud
      Recruitment Status
      Recruitment
       ! Message from: Human Resources Command
      Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 21/06/2021. Please see below on how to apply.
        • (( Must have an Out of Character age of 16 years old ))
      • Citizenship/Residency: Must be an American Citizen at the time of applying, and have been a resident of San Andreas for no less than 12 months.
        • (( Must have over 5,000 XP on the character you're applying on ))
      • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
      • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full-time positions. You may have a part-time position while working at the SADOC.
      • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
        • (( As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
      • Additional Requirements:
        • You are required to fill out an application online, you must have access to a computer and be able to use it.
        • You are required to pass an extensive background check, where your criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
        • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on-duty hours a week ))
        • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
      Closing Message from the Warden
      And that ends our July Press release, our numbers within the SADOC have grown rapidly since I have become warden and we intend to keep growing. We will always be pushing forward to get new initiatives up and running and I look forward to sharing with you guys what rehabilitation programs we are currently in the process of getting set up. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or anything you can find my contact info just below here, or just send an email to the entire public relations division.

Solomon Cobb
      Warden & Head of PR
      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
      [email protected]

Other Contact Information

Kourtney Lafleur
      Captain, Human Resources
      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”